Today’s top News
- Eid-ul-Fitr festival was observed yesterday with religious fervour and gaiety. Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on the occasion, extended his warm greetings to the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
- PM Modi released the 8th instalment of financial benefit under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme to over 9 crore 50 lakh farmers in the country . Under the 8th instalment of this largest direct cash transfer scheme in the world over 20 thousand crore rupees have been transferred directly into the accounts of the beneficiary farmers.
- Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma says, efforts are being made to conduct 1 lakh COVID tests daily in state.
- Boeing to construct 200-bed hospital in Gorakhpur : UP govt
US-based aircraft maker Boeing has proposed to construct a 200-bed ICU hospital at Vir Bahadur Singh Sports College in Gorakhpur, the Uttar Pradesh government said .
- Dr Reddy’s Laboratories in Hyderabad announced that it had launched Sputnik V in India. The vaccine is imported from Russia, Sputnik V is the second most expensive COVID1-19 vaccines in the country. The cost of one dose of Sputnik V is Rs 995. The price of COVISHIELD vaccines was Rs 400 per dose manufactured locally by Serum Institute of India. COVAXIN costs Rs 600 per dose for the state governments and Rs 1,200 for private hospitals.
- Tamil Nadu CM M K Stalin says, DMK MPs and MLAs would donate their one month’s salary for COVID cause. The state has received five lakh vaccines additionally and will begin the vaccination process for those above 18 years of age from today.
- Cyclone Tauktae likely to hit Konkan coast on Saturday and Mumbai, Thane, Raigad and Palghar on 16th and 17th May
- The African Swine Fever affected in Northeast, it has killed 1,700 pigs in Mizoram in a month. It has now spread to Meghalaya and has killed three hundred pigs so far.
- The Government has said that more than 4.17 crore rural households have been provided with new tap water connection under Jal Jeevan Mission . Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced this mission on 15th August, 2019, which aims to provide tap water connections to every rural household in the country by 2024.
- Three prisoners, including a member of Bahujan Samaj Party MLA Mukhtar Ansari’s gang, were shot dead inside the Chitrakoot district jail on Friday after which the Uttar Pradesh government suspended two jail officials.
- Heavy rain lashes parts of Kerala, floods feared; NDRF teams deployed: As the low-pressure area in the south-eastern Arabian Sea intensified into a severe depression on Friday, heavy rains lashed many parts of Kerala and huge tidal waves started hitting low-lying coastal areas.
- West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar on Friday said he would visit places in Nandigram, where post-poll violence was allegedly reported.
- A total of 191.99 lakh doses of COVID-19 vaccines–Covishield and Covaxin–will be supplied to states/UTs free of cost from May 16 to May 31, the Union health ministry said.
- The armed forces have roped in Battlefield Nursing Assistants (BFNA) to help fight the second wave of COVID-19 and have suggested that a similar model can be followed by state governments and hospitals, according to senior officials.
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh’s nephew Abhay Singh Sandhu died of COVID-19, a press release from the state government said. Abhay Singh Sandhu was the son of Kulbir Singh, the younger brother of the revolutionary leader Bhagat Singh. He died at Fortis Hospital in Mohali.
- The mortal remains of a 30-year-old Indian woman, Soumya Santosh of Kerala, killed in a rocket attack by Palestinian militants from Gaza, was sent to India on Friday evening. Soumya, who hailed from Kerala’s Idukki district, worked as a caregiver attending to an old woman at a house in the southern Israeli coastal city of Ashkelon.
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Friday announced the creation of a new 23rd district of Malerkotla, carving the state’s only Muslim-majority town from Sangrur district.
- NIA arrests People’s Liberation Army leader for killing Assam Rifles official in Manipur : The NIA has arrested a self-styled lieutenant of the outlawed People’s Liberation Army/Revolutionary People’s Front for his alleged involvement in an ambush and killing of an Assam Rifles official in Manipur.
- Border Security Force recovers AK-47 rifle, pistol dropped by Pakistani drone in Jammu and Kashmir
The BSF on Friday recovered an AK-47 rifle, a pistol and some ammunition dropped by a Pakistani drone from the border belt of Samba district in Jammu and Kashmir.
- GoAir rebrands as Go First after 15 years of flying : After being in the skies for 15 years, Wadia Group-owned GoAir has rebranded itself as ‘Go First’ as the airline focuses on ultra-low-cost business model amid the aviation industry grappling with pandemic headwinds.
- COVID-19 recovery rate improves to 83.50%; Over 3.43 lakh new cases reported
- Air Canada extends suspension of flights to India till June 22
While the 30-day ban on flights from India over Covid-19 surge announced by Canada is due to end next week, Air Canada’s suspension of services will continue till the third week of June.
- PM Modi expected to join G7 summit in UK virtually
in Cornwall next month virtually.
- Navy to pick 2,000 tonnes of oxygen from UAE, Kuwait and Qatar to battle Covid: After successfully establishing two logistics lines with key allies in West Asia and South-East Asia, the Indian Navy is expected to pick up 600 metric tonnes (MT) of liquid medical oxygen from Qatar, 400 MTs from United Arab Emirates (UAE) and 1000 MTs from Kuwait in the next 30 days.
- Whitley Awards are called “Green Oscar”. In 2021, the Whitley Award was won by Nuklu Phom of Nagaland. He is the only Indian to receive the award. Nuklu Phom is creating “Biodiversity Peace Corridors”. The main objective of the extend the “Yaongyimchen Community Biodiversity Area”.
- On May 14, 2021, K P Sharma Oli was sworn in as the PM of Nepal for the 3rd time . President Bidya Devi Bhandari administered his oath of office. He was re-appointed as the PM as the opposition couldn’t prove their majority. PM K P Sharma Oli recently lost vote of confidence in the Nepal Parliament. Now, he has to take Vote of Confidence within thirty days. If he fails to do so, Article 76 of the Constitution will be initiated.
- Palestinians flee as Israeli artillery pounds northern Gaza
Palestinians grabbed their children and belongings and fled neighborhoods on the outskirts of Gaza City on Friday as Israel unleashed a heavy barrage of artillery fire and airstrikes, killing a family of 6 in their home. Israel said it was clearing a network of militant tunnels ahead of a possible ground invasion.
- Blood Moon is to occur on May 26, 2021. The last Blood Moon occurred on January 20-21, 2019. A Blood Moon occurs when the Moon of the Earth is on total lunar Eclipse. During this time, the moon looks red or ruddy brown. Thus it is called Blood Moon.
- The Joe Biden administration will seek $11 billion to buy 85 Lockheed Martin Corp. F-35 jets in the coming fiscal year, tracking a plan outlined last year by the Trump administration,
- The only aircraft that can carry 5 Cruise missile and 4 AAM at same time
The US Air Force has recently conducted a test for the multi-purpose fighter F-15E by allowing it to carry five long-range air-to-ground missiles to attack outside of the AGM-158 JASSM point air defense range.
- Pablo Picasso’s “Woman Sitting Near a Window (Marie-Therese)” was sold for USD 103.4 million at Christie’s in New York. the painting, completed in 1932, was sold after 19 minutes of bidding for USD 90 million, which rose to USD 103.4 million when fees and commissions were added.
- Eid-Ul-Fitr was celebrated in Bangladesh in a sombre atmosphere amid the continuing shadow of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The main congregation of Eid in the capital city of Dhaka was held at the Baitul Mukarram National Mosque under government instructions to maintain the health guidelines in view of the corona pandemic
- Cricket, the Indian national selection committee picked two women squads for the tour of England, where they will play a one-off Test, three ODIs, and three T20 Internationals against the host. The tour will take place between June 16 and July 15.
- Tennis, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic reached quarter-finals of the Italian Open in Rome While Nadal struggled to win 3-6, 6-4, 7-6 in a three-and-a-half hour epic against 13th seed Denis Shapovalov, Djokovic cruised past Alejandro Davidovich Fokina 6-2, 6-1. This is Nadal’s 16th quarter-final appearance in the tournament. Serb world No. 1 Djokovic, on the other hand, entered quarter-finals for the 15th time in his 15th appearance in the tournament
$USD 73.29 💷GBP 103.31
🥇Gold ₹49,340©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,590©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 90.08
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.21
LPG : ₹ 847/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 48,732.55
NIFTY : 14,677.80
Facts about India
The national emblem is an adaptation of the Lion Capital, originally found atop the Ashoka Column at Sarnath, established in 250 BC. The capital has four Asiatic lions—symbolising power, courage, pride and confidence —seated on a circular abacus.
Four pillars of Democracy are Legislature, Executive, Judiciary and Media.
Thought of the day
The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
Joke of the day
Pappu raat ko cycle le ke qabristan main ghus gaya.
Phir dusri side se bahar nikla
Aur paseena ponchhty hue bola:????
Yaar, ye konsa road tha????????
Itne sare speed breaker😟😰
Atiuttam अत्युत्तम : Excellent, Superb
Sarvottam सर्वोत्तम : THE BEST.
Sarvashreshtha सर्वश्रेष्ठ : Perfect ( Something extraordinary ).
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Land of Lakes : Scotland
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Indrajit : Ravana’s son who fought with Rama with magical powers
He is also known as Meghanad who made Laxman unconscious in the battlefield with his arrow, for which Sri Hanuman bought Sanjeevini booti
⁉ Scientific reason behind: Ear & Nose piercing ⁉
It is an ancient Indian practice, which is also known as Karna Vedha. It is one of the 16 sacraments, rituals and sacrifices done to mark the various stages of human life and to signify cultural heritage and upbringing.
Traditionally, body piercing is done on one or both sides of nose, both ear lobes. These are acupressure points that once triggered have positive effect on overall health.
Piercing left side of the nose results in reducing the distressing energy that has negative influence on our system. In women, it helps in improving reproductive organs and reduces infertility.
Other reasons for nose piercing around specific node and wearing jewelry on left side– a belief that it reduces labor pain during delivery and it reduces menstrual cramps. Nerves that run from left nostril is linked with female reproductive organs! In addition, nose piercing does not cause heavy infections
According to Ayurveda, body piercing should be done in appropriate body parts. Appropriate body parts because our nervous system connects in our body in a specific manner and influences certain organs.
🤔 How it works ⁉
How is copper made
Copper is typically extracted from oxide and sulfide ores that contain between 0.5 and 2.0% copper. … Currently, about 80% of global copper production is extracted from sulfide sources. Regardless of the ore type, mined copper ore must first be concentrated to remove gangue or unwanted materials embedded in the ore
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Tulsi leaves help improve the individual’s ability to fight against common cold as well as cough. Tulsi boosts the production of antibodies thereby preventing the onset of any infections. Tulsi has cough relieving properties. It helps soothe the airways by helping you cough out the sticky mucus
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF ©YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼