𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
14 Oct (Thursday)
Titi: Navami (up to 6:52 pm) Dashami
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- Over 97 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the country so far under the Nationwide Vaccination Drive.
- PM Modi inaugurated PM Gati Shakti-National Master Plan for multi-modal connectivity and new exhibition complexes of India Trade Promotion Organisation at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS in Delhi, condition stable.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will be on a two-day visit of Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir from 14 Oct. He will perform Sindhu Darshan Puja at Sindhu Ghat in Leh.
- Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Giriraj Singh on Wednesday launched Climate Resilience Information System and Planning CRISP-M tool for integration of climate information in Geographic Information System.
- No Coal Crisis in India: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman asserted there existed no such dearth and termed the misinformation as ‘absolutely baseless’ speculations.
- India’s coal crisis: Why is India facing power shortage?
70% of India’s power demand is being met by coal-fired power plants. But, govt holds a monopoly on coal as its PSU – Coal India Ltd – is India’s sole coal manufacturer. Centre’s core management team (CMT) comprising of representatives from MOP, CEA, POSOCO, Railways and Coal India Limited (CIL) cited the following reasons:
(i) Heavy rains in coal mine areas like Gujarat, Punjab, Rajasthan, Delhi and Tamil Nadu.
(ii) Increase in prices of imported coal from $60/ton in March-2021 to $160/ton (in September /October, 2021).
(iii) Inadequate coal stocks built before monsoon season.
(iv) 43.6% reduction in power generation from imported coal which led to extra demand of 17.4 MT of domestic coal
Increase in power demand from 106.6 BU per month in 2019 to 124.2 BU per month in 2021.
(v) Other issues like payments dues by some coal mining companies.
- Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin approved for emergency use in 2–18-year-olds. Covaxin is codenamed as BBV152. It is an inactivated virus-based COVID-19 vaccine. It was developed by Bharat Biotech in association with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- The govt has notified new rules under which the upper limit for termination of a pregnancy has been increased from 20 to 24 weeks for certain categories of women. The new rules also cover mentally ill women, cases of foetal malformation that has a substantial risk of being incompatible with life or if the child is born it may suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities to be seriously handicapped and women with pregnancy in humanitarian settings or disaster or emergency situations as may be declared by the government.
- Delhi govt launched its “Desh ke Mentors” programme on October 11, 2021. This programme will be implemented across all the schools in Delhi with the aim of providing students in classes IX to XII with young mentors who can guide them in navigating their higher education and career path.
- Mentors will take out 10 minutes every week to guide students over the phone. Interested citizens can adopt between one to 10 children studying in the city’s government schools as part of the initiative.
- The Gujarat High Court on Wednesday granted bail as an interim relief to all four persons currently in jail in the first case filed in the state under an amended Act that penalises forcible or fraudulent religious conversion through marriage.
- J&K : The National Investigation Agency has arrested nine terror associates during searches at 18 locations in Jammu and Kashmir after registration of a case over a conspiracy launch attacks in the union territory and other major cities including New Delhi.
- Kerala CM Vijayan on Wednesday said counselling sessions should be held for school and college students who may be in a particular state of mind after losing not just classes but also friends during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Punjab CM Charanjit Singh Channi has criticised the Centre for giving more power to Border Security Force (BSF) in Punjab, West Bengal and Assam.
- Uttar Pradesh: Two more persons were on Wednesday arrested in connection with the Lakhimpur violence, while a court here denied bail to the main accused, Ashish Mishra, son of Union minister Ajay Mishra. Ankit Das and Latif alias Kale, who appeared before the Special Investigation Team (SIT), were taken in custody after questioning and produced in court which sent them in judicial remand for 14 days.
- In Telangana there will be no Covid-19 vaccination from October 14-17, according to the director of public health. This will be in addition to the remaining Sundays in this month, taking the total number of holidays for vaccination in October to nine.
- Bollywood: Mumbai’s cruise drug bust case, the Sessions Court on Wednesday adjourned the hearing of the bail plea of Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan to October 14, Thursday. Along with Aryan Khan’s plea, the bail pleas of two other accused in the case – Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun Dhamecha – has also been adjourned. While Aryan and Arbaaz are presently lodged in the Arthur Road Jail, Munmun is lodged in the Byculla Jail.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will interact with troops at Udhampur in the 14 Oct evening and on 15th October, the President will pay tributes at the Kargil War Memorial in Drass and interact with Army Officers and Jawans. Mr Kovind will celebrate Dussehra with Jawans in Drass.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will deliver the inaugural address at a Webinar on the Role of Women in Armed Forces being organized by Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) on Thursday. The international webinar in video conference mode is hosted by the Defence Ministry.
- Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat will deliver the welcome address. Representatives of the SCO member countries will share their experiences which will enrich and inform policy makers and practitioners alike.The first session on Historical Perspective of Women’s Roles in Combat Operations will be chaired by Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (Medical) Lt. General Madhuri Kanitkar. Closing address will be delivered by the Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee Air Marshal B. R. Krishna.
- The Indian Navy (IN) is currently participating in the Second Phase of Multilateral Maritime Exercise Malabar along with the Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF), Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and the United States Navy (USN). The exercise is being conducted in the Bay of Bengal
- INS Ranvijay (D55) and INS Satpura (F48) are participating in Multilateral Maritime Ex Malabar Phase II in Bay of Bengal. The Exercise has the participation of nine ships including US Aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70), Japanese Helicopter Carrier JS Kaga (DDH 184), USS Lake Champlain (CG 57), USS Stockdale (DDG 106), HMAS Sirius (O266), HMAS Ballarat FFH 155) and JS Marasame (DD 101).
- Admiral Michael Gilday, Chief of Naval Operations (CNO), US Navy has arrived Visakhapatnam for a three-day official visit. Admiral Gilday is scheduled to embark the USN Carrier Strike Group participating in Ex Malabar, along with Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh, Vice Adm Ajendra Bahadur Singh, FOC-in-C, ENC and other US-India delegates on 14 Oct 21.
- In a major boost for the Indian Air Force during the ongoing military standoff with China, three more Rafales will arrive in India’s Jamnagar in Gujarat on Wednesday evening from France. With the arrival of these three planes, India would have 29 of the 36 Rafale jets it ordered from France under a Rs 60,000 crore deal inked in 2016. The three jets, arriving from France, were provided mid-air refilling over the Middle East by a friendly Air Force. They will be landing at the Jamnagar airbase.
( Note : Source of Defence News is DD NEWS & Defence aviation post)
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar who is in Yerevan, Armenia on the third and last leg of visit to central Asia on Wednesday paid homage at the Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex.
- He had a warm and productive meeting with Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan. They discussed a roadmap to take the bilateral cooperation forward. Both agreed on enhancing the trade, education and cultural exchanges.
- The External Affairs Minister called on Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan. He conveyed greetings of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The meeting brought out the many convergences and shared outlook of the two countries. Both sides agreed to develop a broad agenda of practical cooperation that is to the mutual benefit.
- Indian govt. on Wednesday strongly rejected China’s objection to a recent visit to Arunachal Pradesh by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu and asserted that the state is an integral and inalienable part of India. In response to a media query about Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson’s comments on the recent visit of Vice President of India to Arunachal Pradesh.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- In Bangladesh Several religious places of the minority Hindu community were vandalised and houses attacked in Cumilla town after an alleged incident of desecration of the Holy Quran became viral on social media on Wednesday.
- Durga Ashtami was celebrated with great enthusiasm by people in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Large crowds gathered at various temples in the capital city which has 238 mandapas for Durga Puja.
- IPL Match
13th October 2021 KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS 136/7
DELHI CAPITALS 135/5
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 3 wickets
Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
- First time in 11 years, India in Thomas Cup quarters: India’s men’s team proved too strong for Tahiti, winning 5-0, to enter the quarter-finals of the Thomas Cup badminton for the first time since 2010, Sai Praneeth thrashed Tahiti’s Louis Beaubois in the just 23 minutes in the opening singles of the Thomas Cup Group C match,. but the women’s team suffered a crushing 0-5 defeat to Thailand in its last Group B match, in Aarhus, Denmark, on Wednesday.
- India’s sprinter Hima Das, who is making a comeback from a hamstring injury, on Wednesday revealed that she has tested positive for COVID-19 but is stable in isolation.
- Kenya Long-distance runner Agnes Tirop, (25 Yrs) Kenya’s two-times World Championship bronze medallist, was found stabbed to death at her home. The 25-year-old represented Kenya in the 5,000m event at the Tokyo Olympics and finished fourth in the finals after clocking 14:39.62 seconds.
$USD 75.27 💷GBP 102.83
Maharashtra : MUMBAI
CM : Uddhav Thackeray
Gvnr : Bhagat Singh Koshyari
🥇Gold ₹49,050 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 110.41
⛽ Diesel ₹ 101.03
CNG : ₹49.49/Kg
LPG : ₹ 899.50/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,737.05
NIFTY : 18,161.75
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Gaya is one of the thirty-eight districts of Bihar state, India. It was officially established on 3 October 1865. Gaya is named after the demon Gayasur (meaning “the demon Gaya”). According to Vayu Purana, Gaya was the name of a demon (Asura) whose body became pious after he performed strict penance and secured blessings from Lord Shri Vishnu.
Confuse🧐 Gaya and Bodhgaya is 2 different places but now almost close as distance between both are only 13 kms.
Bodh Gaya is a village in the northeast Indian state of Bihar. Considered one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage sites, it’s dominated by the ancient brick Mahabodhi Temple Complex, built to mark the site where the Buddha attained enlightenment beneath a sacred Bodhi Tree
😀Thought of the day
Smile can open a heart faster than a key can open a door. So brighten the world with your smiles
JOKE OF THE DAY
English के अलावा हिंदी में भी कुछ शब्द Silent होते हैं।
जैसे की अगर ध्यान दिया हो तो…
जब कोई दुकानदार भाव करते समय कहता है कि
“आपको ज्यादा नहीं लगाएंगे”* तो इसमें..
“चूना” शब्द Silent होता है..😂😃😅
Why does milk break?
Milk is composed of several compounds, primarily fat, protein, and sugar. … This is what happens when milk curdles, as the pH drops and becomes more acidic, the protein (casein and others) molecules attract one another and become “curdles” floating in a solution of translucent
Although the clumps form in spoiled milk, the chemical reaction that causes curdling also occurs in fresh milk, under the right conditions. … Milk is slightly acidic. When the pH is lowered even more by the addition of another acidic ingredient, the protein molecules stop repelling each other.
eyes👁️ = दृशः | drush:
नयनं | nyn
नेत्रं | netr
लोचनम् | loch
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Memories are stored in brain… Memories are stored as electrical and chemical signals in the brain. Nerve cells connect together in certain patterns, called synapses, and the act of remembering something is just your brain triggering these synapses. … Brain cells work together to make the brain as efficient as possible.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
14 October – World Standards Day
World Standards Day is observed on 14 October every year to raise awareness among the regulators, industry, and consumers to show the importance of standardization to the global economy
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Gautam Gambhir (born 14 October 1981) is an Indian politician and former cricketer.
He made his One Day International (ODI) debut against Bangladesh in 2003. In December 2018, he announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.In 2019, he joined India’s right-wing Bharatiya Janata Party and won election to the Lok Sabha from East Delhi.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Miss the boat/ bus
Meaning: To miss an opportunity
He missed the boat when he did not apply for the job in time.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
9th avatar of Durga Mata?
Siddhidatri is the final form of Durga, celebrated on the final night of Navaratri. She possesses natural healing powers. She sits in a blissfully happy and enchanting pose. She is the Goddess Siddhidharti journeys on a lotus. She has four hands. She holds Gada in one and Sudarshana Chakra in the other. A lotus flower in one and shankha in the other .
The all 9 forms of Goddess Durga are:
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health tips to overcome a Gastric problem
If you drink liquids with your meals, you lose stomach acids and can’t break down food as well, which leads to gastric problems. Try drinking about 30 minutes before or after a meal to help your stomach digest better.
Habits like smoking, chewing gum, and drinking through a straw may cause your stomach to fill with air, leading to gas.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼