14 May (Saturday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaisakha 28 (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 14(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Chitra (up to 5:28 pm) Swati
Titi: Trayodashi (up to 3:23 pm) Chaturdashi
RahuKaal: 09:06 AM – 10:45 AM
- SRI NARSIMHA JAYANTI is celebrated today on Vaisakh Chaturdashi (14th day) of the Shukla Paksh. Narsimha is the fourth incarnation of it Lord Vishnu. He had killed demon Hiranyakashipu on this day. All Lord Vishnu devotees also observe fast on this day. The purpose of Narasimha Jayanti is
- More than 191.14 crore COVID vaccine doses have been administered in the country so far. Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry said
- The National Health Authority (NHA) organized a convention for technology partners of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission in New Delhi on Friday.
- NITI Aayog launched the National Data and Analytics Platform on Friday. The platform aims to democratize access to public government data by making data accessible, interoperable, interactive and available on a user-friendly platform.
- ISRO successfully tests human-rated HS-200 solid rocket booster.
- The Supreme Court dismissed petitions seeking postponement of the 2022 NEET-Post Graduate examinations, saying any change to the May 21 date “will create chaos and uncertainty and deficiency of doctors in hospitals.
- The Southwest Monsoon is set to arrive early with the Andaman and Nicobar Islands expected to receive first seasonal showers on May 15
- DELHI : At least 26 people were killed in a major fire that broke out at a building near Mundka Metro Station in West Delhi on Friday, 13 May. The fire broke out at a building near pillar number 544, Mundka metro station around 4:40 pm
- MSME Secretary B.B Swain inaugurated the ‘MEGA JOB FAIR’ and a new testing facility for MSMEs at Technical Services Centre of National Small Industries Corporation, Okhla in New Delhi.
- J&K : Bus from Katra to Jammu catches fire, 4 dead, several injured. Incident happend near Nomai, about 3 kilometers from Katra,
- MADHYA PRADESH : PM Modi launched the Start-up Policy through video conference on Friday in Indore.
- Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narottam Mishra on 13 May said the state government may consider making the recital of the national anthem mandatory in all madrasas in the state. Mishra’s statement comes a day after the Uttar Pradesh government issued an order mandating recital of the national anthem in all madrasas. Mishra added that the national anthem can be sung everywhere.
- MAHARASHTRA : Mumbai court rejects Anil Deshmukh’s application seeking treatment in private hospital. The Enforcement Directorate, investigating the case relating to the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
- RAJASTHAN : The three-day Nav Sankalp Shivir of Congress commenced in Udaipur on Friday afternoon. It was inaugurated by Congress National President Sonia Gandhi.
- Scorching heat and heat wave in Rajasthan. On Friday, the mercury crossed 48 degrees Celsius in Shri Ganganagar. Anta, Karauli and Barmer recorded the maximum temperature of 47.8 degrees Celsius.
- TELANGANA : Union Home Minister Amit Shah will address a public meeting in Telangana on Saturday to mark the culmination of the second phase of party Telangana unit president Bandi Sanjay Kumar’s ‘padayatra’.
- UTTAR PRADESH: Allahabad HC 12 May dismissed a plea to open sealed rooms of Taj Mahal to investigate ‘real history’, while BJP MP Diya Kumari claimed monument stands on Jaipur royal family’s land.
- A Varanasi court Thursday said the video survey of the Gyanvapi Mosque, next to the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, would continue. It ordered the survey to be completed by 17 May.
- WEST BENGAL : Enforcement Directorate on Friday carried out search operations at various premises linked to some Bangladeshi nationals and their associates in West Bengal. The Bangladeshi nationals have been posing themselves as Indian citizens after having managed to fraudulently obtain various government identity cards including Ration Card, Indian Voter ID card, PAN and Aadhaar card.
💷 GBP ₹94.67
BSE Sensex 52,930.31
NIFTY : 15,808.00
India’s overall exports including merchandise and services scaled a new high in April, 2022.
Overall imports exhibited a growth of around 39% in comparison to the corresponding period of last year. Country’s exports are estimated to be 67.79 billion US dollars in last month.
- 17th edition of Mumbai International Film Festival to kick start from May 29.
- Actress Deepika Padukone has become the first-ever Indian brand ambassador of luxury brand Louis Vuitton. The news was announced by the French brand. The brand unveiled the role of a 36-year-old Bollywood actress during their new handbag campaign.
- Indian Army chief General Manoj Pande on 12 May arrived at strategic Ladakh region on a three-day visit to review prevailing security situation and operational preparedness along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China and the border with Pakistan.
INDIAN NAVY TO LAUNCH TWO FRONTLINE WARSHIPS ON TUESDAY : Two frontline indigenous warships of the Indian Navy Surat, a Project 15B Destroyer and Udaygiri, a Project 17A Frigate will be launched concurrently at Mazgaon Docks
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi will pay an official visit to Lumbini in Nepal on Monday, 16 May on the occasion of Buddha Purnima.
- Hon’ble President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, will pay a State visit to Jamaica and St. Vincent & Grenadines (SVG) from 15 – 21 May 2022. This will be the first ever visit by an Indian Head of State to these countries.
- Jamaica and India have friendly relations. Jamaica is also one of the Girmitya countries with a 70,000 strong Indian diaspora, who act as a living bridge with India. The visit comes at a significant milestone as 2022 is the 60th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Jamaica. Furthermore, India and Jamaica are celebrating 75th and 60th anniversary of their independence respectively.
- Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal and Economy Minister of United Arab Emirates Abdullah Bin Touq Al Marri inaugurated India-UAE Economic Partnership Summit in Mumbai on 23 May Friday.
- India has declared one-day state mourning today as a mark of respect to President of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan. He passed away on Friday.
- Pakistan’s Foreign Office has said that doors for diplomacy on outstanding issues with India remain open, but the environment for “a fruitful and constructive dialogue” is not there, according to a media report on Friday.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- United Arab Emirates President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has died, Emirati state news agency WAM reported. He was 73.
- Under the constitution, Vice President and Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai, would act as president until the federal council which groups the rulers of the seven emirates meets within 30 days to elect a new president.
- China, one of the largest creditors of Sri Lanka, on Friday reacted warily to the appointment of Ranil Wickramasinghe as the country’s Prime Minister succeeding pro-Beijing Mahinda Rajapaksa, saying it supports the government’s efforts to sustain stability in the face of chaos.
- A court in the Sri Lankan capital Colombo yesterday imposed a ban on former Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and several of his key allies from leaving the country.
- A Tibet Airlines plane B-6426 with 122 onboard caught fire and skidded off the runway after an aborted takeoff in the China’s southwestern city of Chongqing on Thursday morning. 40 injured.
- At least 11 people are dead and dozens were rescued after a boat capsized Thursday off the coast of Puerto Rico, officials said. The vessel, which was “suspected of taking part in an illegal voyage,” overturned shortly before noon local time Thursday.
- Scientists grow plants in soil from Moon for first time : Scientists have for the first time grown plants in lunar soil brought back to Earth by astronauts in the Apollo missions, a step towards producing food and oxygen on the Moon or during future space missions.
- Japan to offer $100 mn to Indo-Pacific nations to fight COVID-19
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Punjab Kings, 60th Match
Punjab Kings won by 54 runs
PBKS – 209/9 (20)
RCB – 155/9 (20)
Player of the Match
b). 14 May, Sat
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
61st Match at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Indian men’s badminton team has created history by reaching the Thomas Cup final for the first time after defeating Denmark 3-2 in semi-final on Friday. While Satwiksairaj Rankireddy-Chirag Shetty, Kidambi Srikanth and HS Prannoy won their respective matches, Lakshya Sen and Krishna Prasad Garaga-Vishnuvardhan Goud Panjala lost. India will face Indonesia in the final on Sunday
Formation : 26 Jan 1950
Gvnr : Jagdish Mukhi
CM : Himanta Biswa Sarma (BJP)
Dist : 33
🥇Gold ₹50,720 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹105.66/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹91.40/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1028/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Sambhaji Bhosale was the second Chhatrapati of the Maratha Empire, ruling from 1681 to 1689. He was the eldest son of Shivaji, the founder of the Maratha Empire.
At the age of nine, Sambhaji was sent to live with Raja Jai Singh I of Amber as a political hostage to ensure compliance of the Treaty of Purandar that Shivaji had signed with the Mughals on 11 June 1665. As a result of the treaty, Sambhaji became a Mughal mansabdar.
Sambhaji’s rule was largely shaped by the ongoing wars between the Maratha Empire and the Mughal Empire, as well as other neighbouring powers such as the Siddis, Mysore and the Portuguese in Goa. After Sambhaji’s death, his brother Rajaram I succeeded him as the next Chhatrapati.
😀Thought of the day
Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu : i have good news and bad news. which do you want to hear first?🤷🏻♂️
Frnd : the good news🤔.😁
Pappu: the good news is that i have no bad news.🤣😂🤪
⁉ Scientific reason behind: Ear & Nose piercing ⁉
It is an ancient Indian practice, which is also known as Karna Vedha. It is one of the 16 sacraments, rituals and sacrifices done to mark the various stages of human life and to signify cultural heritage and upbringing.
Traditionally, body piercing is done on one or both sides of nose, both ear lobes. These are acupressure points that once triggered have positive effect on overall health.
Piercing left side of the nose results in reducing the distressing energy that has negative influence on our system. In women, it helps in improving reproductive organs and reduces infertility.
Other reasons for nose piercing around specific node and wearing jewelry on left side– a belief that it reduces labor pain during delivery and it reduces menstrual cramps. Nerves that run from left nostril is linked with female reproductive organs! In addition, nose piercing does not cause heavy infections
According to Ayurveda, body piercing should be done in appropriate body parts. Appropriate body parts because our nervous system connects in our body in a specific manner and influences certain organs.
Atiuttam अत्युत्तम : Excellent, Superb
Sarvottam सर्वोत्तम : THE BEST.
Sarvashreshtha सर्वश्रेष्ठ : Perfect ( Something extraordinary ).
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How is copper made
Copper is typically extracted from oxide and sulfide ores that contain between 0.5 and 2.0% copper. … Currently, about 80% of global copper production is extracted from sulfide sources. Regardless of the ore type, mined copper ore must first be concentrated to remove gangue or unwanted materials embedded in the ore
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Public sector bank which has the largest number of branches in foreign countries: BANK OF BARODA
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sambhaji Bhonsle (14 May 1657 – 11 March 1689) was the second ruler of the Maratha kingdom.
He was the eldest son of Shivaji, the founder of the Maratha Empire and his first wife Saibai.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
He’s a chip off the old block
The son is like the father
Humble x Proud
legible ~ readable
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Indrajit : Ravana’s son who fought with Rama with magical powers
He is also known as Meghanad who made Laxman unconscious in the battlefield with his arrow, for which Sri Hanuman bought Sanjeevini booti
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Tulsi leaves help improve the individual’s ability to fight against common cold as well as cough. Tulsi boosts the production of antibodies thereby preventing the onset of any infections. Tulsi has cough relieving properties. It helps soothe the airways by helping you cough out the sticky mucus
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼