14 Jun (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu: Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Ashada 10, (Purnimanta) Jyeshta 26, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Ashwini (up to 1:40 pm) Bharani
Tithi: Ekadashi (up to 8:48 am) Dwadashi
Rahu: 12:27 PM – 02:07 PM
Yamaganda: 07:25 AM – 09:05 AM
Yogini Ekadashi 2023 is on June 14 Wednesday
Health Tips for a Sound Sleep: https://youtu.be/VUXMCdN-spI
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Cyclone Biparjoy is now completely detached from the monsoonal flow and will not adversely impact the advance of the rain-bearing system or its performance, the India meteorological department (IMD) chief Mrutyunjay Mohapatra said.
- Cyclone Biparjoy likely to cross Saurashtra and Kutch near Jakhau port by noon on 15th June.
- PM Modi will share his thoughts with the people of the country and abroad in the Mann Ki Baat programme on Akashvani on 18th of June.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah will chair a meeting in New Delhi to review preparedness for impending cyclone Biparjoy in Arabian Sea.
- PM Modi distributed about 70 thousand appointment letters to newly inducted recruits under Rozgar Mela through video conferencing.
- The Guwahati Railway Station in Assam under North East Frontier Railway has been awarded ‘Eat Right Station’ certification by FSSAI in recognition of providing high-quality, nutritious food to passengers.
- Madhya Pradesh govt announces waiver of interest of Rs 1500 crore for 8 lakh farmers Union.
- Madhya Pradesh to transfer Rs 6423 crore in bank accounts of farmers at Kisan-Kalyan Mahakumbh.
- The W20 summit will begin at Mahabalipuram near Chennai. PM Modi will virtually address the inaugural session on Thursday.
- Calcutta high court on Tuesday ordered the requisition and deployment of central forces for the West Bengal panchayat elections scheduled to be held on July 8.
- Farmers protesting over the MSP for sunflower seeds at Pipli in Haryana’s Kurukshetra called off their stir on Tuesday night after an assurance from the state government of “appropriate price” for the crop.
- Minister of State for Culture, Smt. Meenakashi Lekhi inaugurated the exhibition “Hamari Bhasha, Hamari Virasat” under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to celebrate 75th International Archives Day at National Archives of India, New Delhi.
- SAGAR SAMRIDDHI: Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal, launched the ‘Sagar Samriddhi’ online dredging monitoring system as part of the ‘Waste to Wealth’ initiative.
- National Testing Agency declared the result for medical entrance exam NEET-UG on Tuesday. Tamil Nadu’s Prabanjan J and Andhra Pradesh’s Bora Varun Chakravarthi have topped the medical entrance exam NEET-UG this year with a perfect score of 720.
- Senior IAS officer Sudhansh Pant has been named as the new health secretary as part of a top-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre on Tuesday.
Chief Justice of India: Justice Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- A Delhi court has agreed to shift Bishnoi to the Bathinda jail in Punjab from the Mandoli jail in Delhi. Bishnoi’s lawyer said they had no objection to it.
- Bishnoi was transferred from Ahmedabad’s Sabarmati Central Jail to Delhi’s Mandoli jail last month. He was taken to Gujarat by the state’s Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) in connection with a case of cross-border drug smuggling.
- Four people, including a mother-son duo and their kin, were killed and three others injured when a chemical-laden tanker caught fire following an accident and exploded on the busy Pune-Mumbai Expressway on Tuesday.
- The Nashik rural police has arrested two men in different cases for putting up posts that were seen as glorify glorifying Mughal emperor Aurangzeb.
- The Kerala High Court recently observed that law does not recognise live-in relationships as as marriage and when two parties decide to live together by virtue of a mere agreement, and not in accordance with any personal law or the Special Marriage Act, they cannot claim it to be a marriage or seek divorce.
- After an alleged data leak of COVID vaccination beneficiaries, Union IT Ministry says breached data were previously stolen but not from CoWIN portal.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank : Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹.82.30
💷 GBP ₹.103.81
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 63,143.16 +418.45 (0.67%) 🔺
NIFTY: 18,716.15 +114.65 (0.62%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,650/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 73,500/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Home Minister Amit Shah has announced that Central government will provide more than 8,000 crore rupees to the States to effectively deal with the situation of floods in urban areas, strengthening of fire brigade services and landslide mitigation.
- IDBI Bank announced that Jayakumar Subramonia Pillai has taken charge as Deputy Managing Director of the bank with effect from June 12, 2023.
- India’s retail inflation eased further in May to a 20-month low of 4.25%, from 4.7% in April.
- In order to ensure maximum recovery from distressed assets, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed banks to go for compromise settlement of ‘fraud accounts’ and ‘wilful defaults’.
- UAE target $100-bn non-oil trade by 2030 India and the UAE have set a target to increase the non-oil trade from $48 billion to $100 billion by 2030.
- India emerged as the World’s 2nd largest producer of crude steel
Union Minister of Steel and Civil Aviation, Sh. Jyotiraditya M. Scindia has stated recently.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
- The makers of ‘Fukrey 3’ on Tuesday announced the new release date of the film. The comedy drama, starring Pulkit Samrat, Varun Sharma, Manjot Singh and Richa Chadha, will now arrive in theatres on December 1. It was earlier set to release on September 7 but was postponed due to its clash with Shah Rukh Khan-starrer ‘Jawan’.
- Disney is delaying the next three ‘Avatar’ movies, shifting ‘Avatar 3’ release to December 19, 2025, ‘Avatar 4’ to December 21, 2029, and ‘Avatar 5’ to December 19, 2031, Variety magazine reported.
- DRISHYAM 3 is all set to go on floors. Ajay Devgn and Mohanlal will shoot the third instalment of the ‘Drishyam’ franchise simultaneously. Actors will shoot their respective versions in Hindi and Malayalam.
- Neerja Punia became the first transwoman to appear as a contestant on the youth-based reality show ‘Roadies’. Neerja, who hails from Haryana, shared during the audition that the trans community is considered beggars in the state and there is no awareness about it.
- A documentary titled ‘When Climate Change Turns Violent has won a special prize in the ‘Health for All’ category at the 4th Annual Health for All Film Festival held at the World Healtth Organization headquarters in Geneva. The documentary has been directed by Vandita Saharia of Rajasthan. She was the only Indian among the winners.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
- Anti-Submarine Warfare Vessel ‘Anjadip’ Built For Indian Navy Launched
Anjadip : An anti-submarine warfare shallow watercraft vessel built by Kolkata-based Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE), for the Navy was launched at the Larsen and Toubro, Kattupalli Port here on Tuesday. is the third of the eight ships of the contract that was signed between Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, Kolkata and Ministry of Defence in April 2019.
- CYCLONE BIPARJOY, Army, NDRF plan relief measures: Army NDRF and SDRF teams kept flood relief columns ready at strategic locations.
- The Indian Navy recently conducted a massive exercise involving two , multiple frontline warships, submarines and over 35 combat and reconnaissance aircraft.The twin carrier battle groups (CBG) exercise involved seamless integration of the recently refitted INS Vikramaditya and the indigenously built INS Vikrant.
- The annual visit of senior military, and civilian students of the National Defence College to the UK demonstrates the longstanding deep relationship between Indian and UK forces.”
- The grand Silver Jubilee Year celebration by India-Russia JV entity BrahMos Aerospace culminated on a high note on Monday in the presence of the company’s Founder CEO and MD Padma Bhushan Dr Dr Sivathanu Pillai.
- Chandrayaan-3, India’s ambitious plan to land on the surface of the Moon, will be launched between July 12 and 19, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman S. Somanath said.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- The second summit of the Supreme Audit Institutions of G20 countries concluded in Goa on Tuesday.
- US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan called on PM Modi on Tuesday. Mr. Sullivan briefed the Prime Minister on the progress in various sectors of bilateral cooperation.
- National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and his US Counterpart Jake Sullivan on Tuesday addressed a roundtable on Advancing India – US Initiative on Critical and Emerging Technologies iCET in New Delhi. The second summit of the Supreme Audit Institutions of G20 countries concluded in Goa on Tuesday.
- Go First on Tuesday announced its flights would remain cancelled till June 16 “due to operational reasons”.
- In a first, a group of Indian Americans have come together to host a Hindu-American Summit for political engagement at the US Capitol Hill on June 14 to bring the Hindu community’s issues to the attention of the lawmakers.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has sent fresh seasonal mangoes as gifts to President Droupadi Murmu and PM Modi.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Former U.S. President Donald Trump pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to federal criminal charges that he unlawfully kept national-security documents when he left office .
- At least 50 people drowned and several others were missing after an overloaded boat capsized in Nigeria’s north central region.
- Cormac McCarthy, dark genius of American literature, dead at 89.
- New York City has struck a tentative $6.4 billion five-year contract deal with the teachers union that includes more than 15% in pay hikes over five years and expands remote learning programs that began during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Former Italy prime minister Silvio Berlusconi died on Monday aged 86, he was admitted to hospital due to a lung infection and a chronic form of leukaemia.
- The US Senate Foreign Relations Committee has approved bipartisan legislation that aims to remove China’s “developing country” status.
- Pakistan’s foreign direct investment (FDI) during the current financial year has shrunk to USD 17 billion, Pakistan vernacular media Daily Dunya reported.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
- Wrestling Federation of India elections to be held on 6 July 2023. Results will be announced on the same day.
- Indonesia Open Badminton, India’s star shuttlers H S Prannoy, P V Sindhu, and the pair of Satwik-Chirag have reached the second round. India’s men’s singles title contender H.S. Prannoy eased into the second round of the Indonesia Open, after defeating Kenta Nishimoto of Japan in straight games 21-16, 21-14 in Jakarta.
- (a) Prannoy, the Malaysia Masters champion will face NG Ka Long Angus of Hong Kong in the second round on Wednesday.
- (b) Sindhu will face defending champion Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the next round.
- The Bermuda Cricket Board decided that if a Knockout Cup game is unable to be played due to poor weather, then the winner will be decided via a coin toss. The home team will get a chance to flip the coin and the away team will call. The first round of the tournament will begin on Saturday, June 17.
Formation: 1 Nov 1966
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CM: Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
Bird: Northern goshawk
Mammal: Blackbuck, Indus river dolphin
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The India Gate (originally the All India War Memorial) is a war memorial located astride the Rajpath, New Delhi.
It stands as a memorial to 70,000 soldiers of the British Indian Army who died in between 1914–1921 in the First World War. Designed by
Edwin Lutyens in 1921.
Following the Bangladesh Liberation war in 1972, a structure consisting of a black marble plinth with a reversed rifle, capped by a war helmet and bounded by four eternal flames, was built beneath the archway. This structure, called Amar Jawan Jyoti
😀Thought of the day
In the end, people will judge you any way, so don’t live your life impressing others. Love your life to Impressing Yourself.
JOKE OF THE DAY
पप्पू – पता है, कुछ औरतें अपने बच्चों को तेज
आवाज में क्यों डांटती हैं…?
गप्पू – नहीं, बताओ क्यों…?
पप्पू – ताकि पतियों में भी खौफ बना रहे…!
Why do we get angry when we interact with certain people or if we see certain things?
The traits which we tend to dislike or critise in others are the traits which we dislike about ourselves. They will be get registered in the subconscious mind. So we come in contact with such traits or such things, it triggers our subconscious mind and we react in different manner.
When certain traits in some personality triggers a negative thought in you, their is something with in you, that is coming up. Ready to be identify, meditate and heal it.
It represents the issues in your past that are unresolved. So whenever we are angry or afraid, we are back on the love and chosen to have faith in ego. It means sub consciously we like people of our traits.
This makes us to get angry on others for their work. But his choice might be correct from his angle of perception.
अनुरोध ;: Request/Recommend
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
What is GDP. How it is calculated…
Gross domestic product (GDP) is a monetary measure of the market value of all the final goods and services produced in a specific time period. It is the sum total of all goods and services produced in a country, expressed in money terms, during a specific period, generally an year. GDP is used to difference the cost of living and the inflation rates of the countries. GDP became the main tool for measuring a country’s economy.
The modern concept of GDP was first developed by Simon Kuznets for a US Congress report in 1934
Types of GDP Measurements
Real GDP is the gross domestic product, and measured with respect to a base year. It is adjusted to inflation and hence is also known as inflation-corrected GDP or current price.
Nominal GDP is measured based on prevailing current market prices, without taking into account the effects of inflation or deflation. It depicts the monetary value of goods and services produced in a country in one financial year.
GDP per capita The ratio of GDP to the total population of the region is the per capita GDP and the same is called Mean Standard of Living.
The GDP formula is mathematically represented as:
Y = C + I + G + (X − M)
Y = Gross domestic product
C = Consumption
I = Investment
G = Government spending
X = Exports
M = Imports
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
As part of India’s Central Vista Redevelopment Project, a new parliament building was constructed in New Delhi. It was inaugurated on 28 May 2023 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Lieutenant General Dewan Prem Chand, PVSM (14 June 1916 – 3 November 2003) was an Indian Army officer. He served as Force Commander of United Nations peacekeeping missions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cyprus, Namibia and Zimbabwe.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Cry for the moon
Ask for something impossible
Journey x stay
Eager = Keen, acquisitive
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Scientific and Vedic reasons why Indians eat with their hands.
THE VEDIC REASON
Ayurveda Plays the vital role and incorporated in our day-to-day life as there are reasons in Ayurveda explains hands are the most precious organs of action. Each finger has spiritual significance namely Fire, Air, Space, Earth, Water. i.e Agni, Varun, Akash, Prithvi, Jal.
Each Finger Has their own Vedic elements,
Thumb finger- Agni (Fire).
Index finger – Varun (Air).
Middle finger – Akash (Space).
Ring finger – Prithvi (Earth).
Little finger – Jal (Water).
Eating with hands does help in improving our digestion because of the fact that our hands have some bacteria named ”Normal Flora” which can be found on the palms and fingers of our hands which is not harmful but protect us from various damaging microbes in the environment. When we eat with our hands we swallowed flora which is very helpful for our various body parts such as the mouth, throat, and intestine, and it promotes healthy digestion.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Hiccups they cause when we eat quickly and laugh continuously.
The dome-shaped muscle between your lungs and stomach. Normally, the diaphragm pulls down when you inhale to let air into your lungs, and then relaxes when you exhale so air can flow back out of your lungs to exit your nose and mouth.
But if something irritates your diaphragm, it can spasm, forcing you to suddenly suck air into your throat, where it hits your voice box. That makes your vocal cords suddenly close, creating the distinct “hic!” sound.
Home Remedies to stop Hiccups
a. Holding your breath for few seconds
b. Trick to stop: scare suddenly or giving a sudden surprise will get your hiccups to stop.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT