14 Jul (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Grishma
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Sravan 01, (Purnimata)/ Ashadha 15(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Uttara Ashadha (8:18 pm)
Titi: Pratipada(8:16 pm) Dwitiya
RahuKaal: 02:12 PM – 03:52 PM
HEALTH TIPS: How to improve your memory
TODAY’S TOP NEWS
- Union Government has called for an all-party meeting on Sunday morning ahead of the start of the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
- India-China border standoff, and the Agnipath scheme for short-term recruitment to the armed forces, are some of the issues the Opposition is likely to bring up in the upcoming Session.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs CCEA approved Taranga Hill-Ambaji-Abu Road new rail line in Gujarat and Rajasthan to provide connectivity and improve mobility.
- Citizens above 18 years of age to be given booster doses free of cost from July 15 till next 75 days, Says Union Minister Anurag Thakur.
- Addressing the Dhammacakka Day 2022 celebrations at Sarnath, Uttar Pradesh, President Ram Nath Kovind has said that Indian democracy has been deeply influenced by Buddhist ideals and symbols. He said, the national emblem is taken from the Ashoka Pillar at Sarnath, which also has the Dharma Chakra engraved on it. Behind the chair of the Speaker of the Lok Sabha, the sutra “Dharma Chakra Pravartanaya” is inscribed.
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has applauded Trivandrum and Kochi airports for demonstrating the Indian spirit of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam, the world is a family.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will meet Presiding Officers of the Legislative Bodies in India on Friday on Parliament premise.
- The Presiding Officers will be discussing issues pertaining to the All India Presiding Officers’ Conference and CPA India Region as well as will deliberate on areas of interest concerning the functioning of Legislative Bodies in India, including anti-defection law, disruption in legislatures, people’s participation in legislative bodies and uniformity of rules and procedures in legislatures.
- University Grants Commission (UGC) has asked higher education institutions to fix the last date of their undergraduate admission process after declaration of CBSE class 12th result to provide sufficient time to students for admission.
- Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs Kaushal Kishore has said that over one crore twenty-two lakh houses have been sanctioned so far under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Urban ( PMAY-U) in the country. The scheme was launched in 2015 with an aim of providing housing to all.
- The Commission for Air Quality Management , CAQM, has formulated a Comprehensive Policy to abate the menace of air pollution and to improve the air quality in Delhi-NCR through differentiated geographical approach.
- 43rd meeting of the Executive Committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga, NMCG was held under the chairmanship of Director General G. Asok Kumar in New Delhi.
- The Supreme Court on July 26 will hear BJP leader Subramanian Swamy’s plea seeking a direction to the Union government to declare ‘Ram Sethu’ a national heritage monument.
- ASSAM : 3 more people die of Japanese Encephalitis in Assam, death toll rises to 16.
Three more people have died due to Japanese Encephalitis (JE) in Assam. The state reported 17 more cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total tally of cases to 121 since July 1.
- HIMACHAL : Three people were killed and three others sustained injuries after the truck in which they were travelling fell into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh’s Lahaul-Spiti district on Wednesday.
- KARNATAKA : The Supreme Court will hear the petitions challenging the Karnataka High Court order on hijab ban next week. On March 15, the Karnataka High Court passed a judgement stating that wearing hijab was not an essential religious practice.
- MADHYA PRADESH government will organise a ‘Youth Mahapanchayat’ in Bhopal on July 23 and 24.
- MAHARASHTRA : A Indian Man, 2 Children Swept Away On Oman Beach : Shashikant Mhamane, 42, his wife and their children Shruti, 9, and Shreyas, 6, were in Oman for a day-long trip.
- UTTAR PRADESH : PM Modi will visit Uttar Pradesh on Saturday and inaugurate Bundelkhand Expressway at Kaitheri village in Orai tehsil of Jalaun district. The 296 Kilometres, four-lane expressway has been constructed at a cost of around 14 thousand 850 crore rupees.
- TELANGANA Heavy rains: People living in low-lying areas move to safety. the GHMC issued a ‘monsoon caution alert’, warning citizens against opening drain covers.
- A Television reporter was washed away: The rescue operation that lasted for more than 20 hours to find the television reporter who was washed away in the floodwater while trying to cross the flooded road in a car in Bornapally village of Raikal mandal in Jagtial district did not yield results.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) will declare results of CA Final, held in May this year, on either July 15 evening or July 16 morning. The marks will be uploaded on the official website – icai.org
💷 GBP ₹94.41
BSE Sensex 53,886.61
NIFTY : 16,058.30
- RBI imposes restrictions, withdrawal caps on 4 banks. They are,
a. Ramgarhia Co-Operative Bank of Delhi,
b. Sahebrao Deshmukh Co-operative Bank of Mumbai,
c. Sangli Co-operative Bank and
d. Sharda Mahila Co-operative Bank of Karnataka
According to reports, RBI has banned these four banks for 6 months. This restriction is effective from 8 July 2022. These restrictions on banks have been imposed under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Electric Vehicle startup Ather Energy said that they generated ₹408.5 crore in revenue for FY22, up 411.9% compared to ₹79.8 crore in the previous fiscal.
- A special court for Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act cases in Mumbai on Wednesday allowed Aryan Khan’s plea seeking his passport back.
- Burn and Plastic Surgery Department of AIIMS, Delhi in collaboration with Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI), will organise ‘APSI Sushruta Film Festival (ASFF 2022) to observe 12th National Plastic Surgery Day on 15th this month.
- The 16th round of Corps Commander-level meeting between India and China is likely to be held on July 17.
- Ministry of Defence sets target of one lakh 75 thousand crore rupees of defence production by 2025.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has exhorted the Non-Official Directors (NODs) of Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) to ensure smooth implementation of various initiatives taken by the government towards achieving ‘Aatmanirbharta in Defence’.
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) recovered arms and ammunition from Naxals in Bihar’s Gaya last week, the force said on Wednesday. CoBRA commandos of the CRPF recovered over 600 improvised explosive devices (IED) and 495 detonators during the anti-Naxal operation, an official said. One AK series of rifle and 250 rounds of ammunition were also recovered.
- India on Wednesday successfully flight-tested the indigenously- developed High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT), ABHYAS from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur off the Odisha coast.
ABHYAS is a 75-kg drone, Developed and designed by DRDO, will be used as a target for various missile systems. Capable of attaining an altitude of more than five kilometres at half the speed of sound, it can also be used as a decoy aircraft.
- The customs department at Indira Gandhi International Airport has arrested an Indian couple returning from Vietnam after they were found to be in possession of 45 handguns worth Rs 22.5 lakh. In a preliminary report, the National Security Guard, after examination, confirmed that the guns are fully functional and can be used with .22 calibre.
- The Supreme Court’s verdict in the contempt case against fugitive businessman Vijay Mallya also directs his three children to return a total of USD 40 million which were transferred to them through trusts in 2016. The apex court has termed the transactions “void and inoperative”.
- The CBI has taken over the investigation into the alleged killing of BJP activist Prasenjit Das in Kolkata amid the post-poll violence in West Bengal in 2021. Das was found hanging outside his residence by his mother last year.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi will participate in the First I2U2 (India-Israel-UAE-USA) Leaders’ Virtual Summit today along with his Israeli counterpart Yair Lapid, UAE President Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and US President Joe Biden.
- PM Modi spoke with Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte over the phone today. The two leaders discussed India-Netherlands bilateral ties including strategic partnership on water.
- The Govt. of Bangladesh has decided to appoint Md. Mustafizur Rahman, as the next High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India. He will be replacing Muhammad Imran.
- BJP asked former Vice President Hamid Ansari and the Congress to come clean on the claims of a Pakistani journalist that he had visited India five times during UPA rule and passed on sensitive information collected in India to Pakistan’s spy agency ISI.
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia showered praise on Trivandrum and Kochi airports as 120 Sri Lanka-bound airplanes landed there on 13 Jul Wednesday. “The airports have gone beyond their call of duty…The gesture will go a long way in furthering ties with our neighbour,” Scindia said in a tweet. Sri Lanka declared a state of emergency today amid ongoing anti-govt protests.
- The first rail transit cargo from Russia to India entered Iran on 12 Jul through the Sarakhs border crossing.Carrying 39 containers, the Russian transit train left Chekhov station on July 6, traveling 3,800 kilometers through Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to enter Iran
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Sri Lanka’s Chief of Defence Staff has asked the public to cooperate in maintaining law and order, and appealed to them not to damage public property after thousands of protesters breached the Prime Minister’s office. President Rajapaksa and his wife have fled to the Maldives in a military plane.
- The all-party meeting ended, after which a statement said they have requested Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe to quit and let the parliament Speaker take over as acting President.
- Sri Lanka’s ex-Army chief Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka on Wednesday urged the country’s armed forces to not follow the orders of acting President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
- James Webb Space Telescope first images of unseen universe released on July 12, 2022, starting a new era of astronomy. The images released by James Webb Telescope include the cosmic cliff of a stellar nursery and a quintet of galaxies bound in a celestial dance.
- Population of Bangladesh will peak at 20.70 crore by 2061, eventually declining to 17.64 crore by the end of the century, says the World Population Prospects 2022 report by the UN.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin will be in Iran next week, as part of the Astana format – a trilateral meeting of Russia, Turkey and Iran.
- The UK’s former Finance Minister, Indian-origin Rishi Sunak wins most votes in 1st round of voting in UK PM race: Sunak scored 88 votes, ahead of Penny Mordaunt (67 votes) and Truss Liz (50 votes).
- Heatwave conditions spark wildfires in southern Europe
Europe battled. Forest fires were reported from Portugal, Spain, France and Turkey – rendering to waste several thousand acres of forest land.
- The United Nations (UN) said on Wednesday said that flash floods have killed at least 39 people, including nine children, in Afghanistan. The heavy rains have damaged or destroyed around 2,900 houses,
- India defeat Japan 3-1, finish 9th in women’s hockey World Cup 2022.
Navneet Kaur scored a brace as the Indian women’s hockey team defeated Japan 3-1 to finish ninth in hockey World Cup 2022.
Navneet scored two field goals in the 30th and the 45th minutes, while Deep Grace Ekka converted a penalty corner in 38th minute in the classification match. India had finished eighth in the women’s hockey World Cup 2018.
- Mehuli Ghosh and Shahu Tushar Mane won India’s second gold medal of the on-going International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun stage in Changwon, Korea.
- Indian shuttlers Mithun Manjunath and Ashmita Chaliha notched up stunning wins over their illustrious rivals to hog the limelight on the second day of the Singapore Open Super 500 tournament on Wednesday.
TAMIL NADU : CHENNAI
Gvnr : R. N. Ravi
CM : M. K. Stalin (DMK)
Formed : 26 Jan 1950
Dist : 38
🥇Gold ₹52,370 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹61,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹102.63/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹94.24/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,129/14.2 Kg
The first outdoor official flag hoisting of our National Flag took place on 15th Aug 1947, in Canberra, Australia at the residence of Sir Raghunath Paranype, the High Commission of India in Australia.
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Lakshadweep, formerly known as the Laccadive, Minicoy, and Aminidivi Islands, is a group of islands in the Laccadive Sea, 200 to 440 km (120 to 270 mi) off the southwestern coast of India. Lakshadweep comes from Lakshadwipa, which means “one hundred thousand islands” in Sanskrit
😀Thought of the day
Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu : Mujhe Shadi Me BMW Mili He.
Frnd : Pher Tumhare Pass To Koi Car Nahi He!
Pappu : Abye Ghadhe,
BMW Ka Matlab
Bahut Motti Wife
WHY WE GET SWEAT* 😥😰
Sweat is our way of cooling us down. When our body starts to sense that it’s overheating, it starts sweating as a way to control its temperature. “By promoting heat loss through evaporation, sweat helps regulate our body temperature,”
Pure sweat is actually odorless. So why do you smell when you sweat? You may notice the smell mostly comes from our pits (hence why we put deodorant there). This is because the apocrine glands produce the bacteria that break down our sweat into “scented” fatty acids. Apocrine sweat by itself does not have an odor, but when the bacteria that lives on our skin mixes with apocrine secretions, it can produce a foul-smelling odor.
Eccrine glands produce most of our sweat. These glands are mostly concentrated on the palms, soles, forehead and armpit, but covers entire body.
Emotional sweat , which comes from the apocrine glands, is a bit different. “It does not serve a temperature regulatory function, but rather one to combat an impending challenge. Spicy foods can stimulate our sweat glands. Foods like garlic, onions, or cabbage may worsen body odor
Some people experience yellow stains under the arms of white shirts or on white sheets. This is due to a chemical reaction between your sweat and your antiperspirant or clothes. “Aluminum
आलिंगन : Hug
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Do Gramophones Work? 📣
The first functioning record player, called a phonograph, was constructed by Thomas Edison in the late 19th century.
Early record players that were driven by mechanical means and reproduced sound without electrical amplification. These record players are quite different from modern turntables, but the records that store the sound and the needles that turn it into audible music work in essentially the same way.
The Gramophone Player
Like other record players, gramophones read the sound with a small needle which fits into the groove in the record. That needle is attached to a diaphragm, which in turn is attached to a horn. … These vibrations are transmitted to the diaphragm, which itself vibrates, creating sound. His first phonograph used grooves etched in tin foil to record his rendition of “Mary Had a Little Lamb”–the first sound recording.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
NASA🛰️🚀 The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and space research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. The agency’s leader, NASA’s administrator, is nominated by the President of the United States
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Shankarrao Bhavrao Chavan (14 July 1920 – 26 February 2004) was an Indian politician who served twice as Chief Minister of Maharashtra from 1975 until 1977 and from 13 March 1986 until 24 June 1988.
He was Finance Minister of India from 1987 to 1990 and served as Home Minister of India in the P.V. Narasimha Rao cabinet from 21 June 1991 to 16 May 1996
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A dime a dozen – Anything that is common and easy to get
Demolish x Repair, construct
Demolish = Ruin, devastate
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
According to the Rigved Vishwakarma is the designer of all the flying chariots of the gods, and all their weapons and divine attributes. He is believed to be one of the ancient architect or engineer who created and taught building of ancient monuments, architectures in Bharat.
He is ‘Aja’ (Unborn) and as mentioned in Vishwakarma suktam of Yajurveda, he created ‘Brahmanda’ (where the universe exists) containing all the Gods and the Asuras which lies connected to his navel by means of a receptacle.
He also credited with creating the missiles used in the Puranas, including the Vajra, the sacred weapon of Lord Indra, from the bones of sage Dadhichi. Through the four yugas, he had built several towns and temples for the gods. Among them were, in chronological order, Svarga (Heaven) in the Satya Yuga, Lanka in the treta Yuga, and Dwarka (Krishna’s capital) in the dwapara Yuga.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Exercises to strengthen the upper thighs can benefit the knee joint.
(a) Straighten and raise a leg while lying or sitting down. (b) Place one foot up on a step, then the other, stepping down again, and repeating the step-ups. (c) Sit on a chair and then stand and sit repeatedly for a minute (d) Hold a chair and squat until the kneecaps cover the toes. Do this 10 times. (e). Avoiding prolonged sitting and long periods without moving, as joints may become stiff and painful without movement.
People who have excess weight or obesity have a higher risk of knee pain. Losing it helps to reduce long-term knee pain, including pain caused by arthritis.
Massaging the thigh muscles will have a beneficial impact on the knee. Rest, ice, compression, and elevation may help treat mild knee pain that results from a soft tissue injury, such as a sprain. Rest can reduce the risk of further injury and give tissues time to heal.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼