𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
14 Jan (Friday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Pausha 26, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 12 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Dwadashi (up to 10:19 pm) Trayodashi
Rahu Kaal : 11:15 AM – 12:35 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
😀HAPPY🔥 LOHRI-PONGAL- SANKRANKTI, MAKARA SANKRANTI✨💐🔥
- On the auspicious day of Makar Sankranti and during the celebrations of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Ministry of AYUSH is hosting the first-ever global Surya Namaskar demonstration programme tomorrow where about 10 million people will participate. From 7 AM to 7:30 AM, 13 rounds of Live Surya Namaskar will be conducted on DD National.
- COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 155.28 crore mark on Thursday. Out of the total vaccination, more than 90.11 crore Vaccine doses were administered as first dose while 64.84 crore doses given as second dose. Union Health Ministry said, more than 33.12 lakh Precaution Doses for the identified categories of beneficiaries for COVID vaccination have been administered so far.
- PM Modi reviews COVID-19 situation with Chief Ministers of all States; expresses confidence that India will emerge victorious with everyone’s efforts
- Education Minister invites students, teachers, parents to participate in 5th edition of “Pariksha Pe Charcha 2022”. The Education and Skill Development Ministry said that the programme will be conducted in online mode like last year. An online creative writing competition is being conducted on various topics from 28th of last month to 20th of this month to select participants. School students of classes 9 to 12, teachers and parents shall be selected through this competition.
- Minstry of State for Culture Meenakashi Lekhi launches ‘North East on Wheels Expedition’ in New Delhi to promote the Culture of Northeastern States. Bike Expedition is scheduled between 8th to 16th April this year to mark the celebrations of AzadiKaAmritMahotsav.
- DELHI on Thursday reported 28,867 new COVID-19 cases, the highest single-day spike since the beginning of the pandemic. As per the bulletin, 31 people died and the positivity rate stood at 29.21%
- KERALA reported 13,468 fresh COVID-19 infections and 117 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- NAGALAND: CM Neiphiu Rio on Wednesday said his government stands firm on the state’s unanimous resolution on December 20 calling for repeal of AFSPA from the state. “The demand of the Naga public and…state Cabinet is very clear for repeal of AFSPA,” he told media. The Union Home Ministry had extended AFSPA for six months in Nagaland on December 30.
- UTTAR PRADESH Samajwadi Party and Rashtriya Lok Dal alliance releases first list of 29 candidates for assembly elections in UP. Voting for 58 constituencies would be held on Feb 10, 2022 in first phase of polls.
- WEST BENGAL: 5 died, 30 injured as Guwahati-Bikaner express 4 coaches derails in West Bengal; Railways announces Rs 5 lakh ex gratia: The Guwahati-Bikaner express train derailed near New Domohani railway station in West Bengal on Thursday evening. According to Indian Railways officials, train No. 15633 Up Express left New Domohani station at around 5 PM and while the train was on run in block section between New Domohani and New Maynaguri stations, it derailed.
💷 GBP 101.40
BSE Sensex 61,235.30
NIFTY : 18,257.80
- Cop thriller ‘Sooryavanshi’ starring Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif will be re-releasing in the state of Gujarat on Friday to mark the occasion of Makar Sakranti.
- South Korean show ‘Squid Game’ has become the first non-English series to receive Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations
- The 20th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF) will take place between January 15-23 at multiple venues in Dhaka. The festival will showcase 225 films from 70 countries under 10 categories
- The National Commission for Women (NCW) has asked Twitter to block the account of actor Siddharth over his “sexist” tweet against ace badminton player Saina Nehwal.
Sobhan Babu (born Uppu Sobhana Chalapathi Rao) (14 January 1937 – 20 March 2008) was an Indian film actor known for his works exclusively in Telugu cinema. Sobhan Babu was starred in more than 200 feature films in a variety of roles in works.
- The 14th round of India-China Corps Commander Level Meeting was held at Chushul-Moldo border meeting point on the Chinese side in which representatives from the defense and foreign affairs establishments of the two sides were present. During the meeting which was held on 12 Jan, the two sides had a frank and in-depth exchange of views for the resolution of the relevant issues along the Line of Actual Control- LAC in the Western Sector.
- NAVY : Indian Naval Ships Shivalik and Kadmatt undertake Maritime Partnership Exercise with Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) Ships Uraga and Hirado in the Bay of Bengal.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
India and the UK have formally launched negotiations for a Free Trade Agreement between two countries. Joint Statement of Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal and UK Secretary of State for International Trade Anne-Marie Trevelyan said, the Free Trade Agreement would be a substantial opportunity for both economies and a significant moment in the bilateral relationship.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Buckingham Palace : Prince Andrew has been stripped of his military titles and Royal patronages, Buckingham Palace announced on Thursday, a day after a judge ruled a sexual abuse civil lawsuit against the Queen’s son could proceed. “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake…public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen,”
- Israeli security agency Shin Bet has charged four women and one man accused of spying on behalf of Iran. The accused have been described as Jewish immigrants from Iran by Israeli media.
- The Pakistan government and the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), Pakistan’s central bank, are planning a complete ban on the use of all cryptocurrencies.
- People across Lebanon held demonstrations on Thursday to protest against the ongoing economic turmoil in the country.
- PRO KABADDI
January 13, 2022
U Mumba 23
Puneri Paltan 42
Bengal Warriors 37
Tamil Thalaivas 28
- The Sports Ministry’s Mission Olympic Cell has approved financial assistance for wrestlers Bajrang Punia and Sunil Kumar for exposure of foreign training. The ministry said that an amount of 7.53 lakh rupees was earlier approved for Bajrang Punia’s 26 day training camp in Moscow.
- South Africa need 111 more runs to win Cape Town Test, India need 8 wickets: South Africa ended the third day of the Cape Town Test at 101/2 in their second innings, needing 111 more runs to win. Earlier in the day, South Africa dismissed India for 198 runs in their second innings, with Marco Jansen, Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi taking four, three and three wickets respectively. Rishabh Pant top-scored for India with 100*(139)
- Pant creates history, becomes 1st India wicketkeeper to smash a Test hundred in SA
Team India wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant smashed his fourth Test hundred, reaching the three-figure mark off 133 deliveries in India’s second innings in the Cape Town Test against South Africa. With this, the 24-year-old became the first-ever Indian wicketkeeper to smash a Test hundred on South African soil. Out of Pant’s four Test hundreds, three have come overseas
MANIPUR : IMPHAL
CM : Nongthombam Biren Singh
Gvnr : La. Ganesan
🥇Gold ₹49,090@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 99.82
⛽ Diesel ₹ 84.26
LPG : ₹ 1052/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Charminar is a monument and mosque in Hyderabad, India. The structure was built in 1591 AD. It is the most famous building of Hyderabad and also one of the most famous buildings in India. It was built by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shahi to celebrate the end of a deadly plague. The Charminar lies near the bank of the river Musi. It is close to Laad Bazaar and Makkah Masjid. Charminar is taken from two words Char and Minar which translate as Four Towers in English.
😀Thought of the day
Positive anything is better than negative nothing
JOKE OF THE DAY
Boy to Girl
Tujhe paane ke liye Main kisi bhi had se guzar sakta hu,
Tujhe paane ke liye Main kisi bhi had se guzar sakta hu,
Jaaneman tu na milli to…. yeh line kisi aur ko bol sakta hu🤪
Why foods like jaggery, gajak, til ki chikki are offered to the fire on Libro/Boghi 🔥🙏🏻
As a way of paying gratitude to nature
On this Lohri festival, It is believed that these food ingredients help cleanse the body, bringing renewed energy for the New Year. Til and Gur both are winter food items, have a long shelf life and sweets made using them last long
Uninterrupted practice of discrimination (between real and unreal)is the means to liberation and the cessation of ignorance.
निरंतर अभ्यास से प्राप्त निश्चल और निर्दोष विवेकज्ञान हान(अज्ञानता) का उपाय है।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How do crocodiles hold their breath for so long? 🐊
Crocodiles cannot breathe underwater: they breathe air, just like people. When they are not active, they can hold their breath for a maximum of about two hours underwater before drowning. Normally, when underwater, they are active and can hold their breath for a maximum of 20 minutes to one hour
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Gol Gumbaz, situated in Bijapur district of Karnataka, is the largest dome in India. Gol Gumbaz has a diameter of 124 feet and is the second largest dome in the world, next only to St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome. The dome was built by Muhammad Adil Shah in the year 1656.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Shaikh Abu al-Fazal ibn Mubarak also known as Abu’l-Fazl (14 January 1551 – 12 August 1602) was the Grand vizier of the Mughal emperor Akbar, and author of the Akbarnama, the official history of Akbar’s reign in three volumes
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
There are other fish in the sea It’s ok to miss this opportunity. Others will arise.
Sour – Sweet
Eager – Keen
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Makara Sankranti or Maghi or simply Sankranthi, is a festival day in the Hindu calendar, dedicated to the deity Surya (sun). … It marks the first day of the sun’s transit into Makara rashi (Capricorn), marking the end of the month with the winter solstice and the start of longer days.
Sankranti संक्रान्ति means transmigration of the Sun from one Rāshi (constellation of the zodiac in Indian astronomy) to the next. Hence, there are 12 Sankrantis in a year.
Lohrdi is a popular winter time Punjabi folk festival, celebrated primarily by Sikhs and Hindus from the Punjab region. Many people believe the festival commemorates the passing of the winter solstice. Lohrdi marks the end of winter season, and is a traditional welcome of longer days and sun’s journey to the northern hemisphere.
Pongal is a Tamil harvest festival. It is same as Thanksgiving Day. In an agriculture based civilization, harvest plays an important role. The farmer cultivating the land depends on his cattle, timely rain and the Sun. The first day of this month is a festival day known as ” Pongal Day “. Pongal means the “boiling over” of milk and rice during the month of Thai.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Til ke laddu is with unsaturated fats. It can lower our cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease.
However, if you are adiabetic, do consult your doctor before consuming these too much, as the jaggery in it can boost sugar levels
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE 🙏🏻