🌄 S̴h̴u̴b̴o̴u̴d̴h̴a̴y̴ 14 Aug Saturday)🙏🏻
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- To ensure wide participation & awareness for the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, commemorating 75 years of Indian Independence, the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has curated a series of innovative programmes to celebrate the Mahotsav under the overall spirit of “Janbhagidari and Jan Andolan”.
- All India Radio will be launching a unique innovative programme, “Azadi Ka Safar Akashvani Ke Saath” on National as well as Regional channels from 16th August, 2021. The five minutes daily capsule based on eminent freedom fighters and giving an account of major historical and political events of the day will be aired at 8:20 AM (Hindi) and 8:50 AM (English). Taking forward the spirit of Janbhagidari.
- PM Modi launches National Automobile Scrappage Policy through video conferencing at Gandhinagar in Gujarat. PM said that scrapping the vehicles in a scientific manner will not only remove the unfit vehicles in the country but also give a boost to the economy. New policy reflects our commitment to achieve fast growth along with reducing pollution and protecting the environment in our cities.
- First Nasal COVID vaccine developed by Bharat Biotech gets regulatory approval for 2nd, 3rd phase trials.
- PM Modi interacted with members of women self-help groups (SHGs) under the “Aatmanirbhar Narihalti se Samvad” event on August 12, 2021 across the country and announced to release capitalisation support funds of Rs 1,625 crore.
- PM also released Rs 25 crore as seed money which is going to benefit 7500 SHG members under the PM Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises which is run by Union Food Processing Industries.
Rs 4.13 crore was also released as funds for 75 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) being promoted under National Livelihood Mission.
- The death toll from a landslide at Negulsari in Kinnaur district has risen to 17, with 13 people still missing and feared dead. The district administration has also released the details of the missing person.
- Maharashtra Govt has announced the Centralised Online Admission Process for class eleven students. Till 22nd August, students can login on the web portal https://11thadmission. org. in
- Union minority affairs minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Friday visited flood affected areas of Prayagraj district in Uttar Pradesh. The flood situation continues to remain grim in many parts.
- Telangana govt to hike user charges for all registration services being provided by the stamps and registrations department. Charges for firm registration, marriage registration, society registration etc are likely to be hiked from September. The state government increased property registration charges with effect from July 22.
- In J&K Rajouri town a mysterious blast took place, possibly a grenade attack, at the house of a local BJP leader killed his minor nephew and injured him and six other family members. A protest strike is being observed in the town. The sources said that it could be a grenade attack by separatist militants but added that the investigations were underway.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin, who piloted his DMK to a spectacular win in the April 6 Assembly election, is likely to attend a virtual interaction with Congress president Sonia Gandhi on August 20.
- The Telangana High Court has faulted the government for allotting state land to various persons, organisations, companies and others at concessional rates, without alluding to the conditions and clauses to cancel the allotment if the allottee does not use it the purpose it was allotted and the time period to comply with the conditions.
- High Covid alert at Andhra Pradesh -Karnataka border. Bengaluru is just 80 km from the AP borders in Anantapur district and there is travel connectivity between AP, Telangana and Maharashtra.
- Two people were wounded in a rockslide in Himachal’s Kinnaur district on 13 Aug (Friday). Boulders sliding downhill hit a Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus on its way to Reckongpeo from Mandi. Several passengers had a narrow escape.
- Domestic air travel is set to become costlier as the Civil Aviation Ministry has raised the lower as well as upper caps on fares by 9.83 to 12.82%
- Defence corridor in Uttar Pradesh , CM of UP Yogi Adityanath announced that two companies are investing over ₹580 crore to make drones. Announcement of defence corridor in UP was made by PM Modi in 2018.
- The Armed Forces and different organisations of the Ministry of Defence will be conducting various events across the country to commemorate the 75th anniversary of India’s Independence, being celebrated as ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- Security Forces Bust Terror Hideout; Recover AK-47, Pistols, Hand Grenades From Bandipora, J&K. A huge cache of arms and ammunition including AK-47 Rifles, pistols, hand grenades were recovered from the spot.
- Paramedical Staff Recruitment 2021: CRPF Recruitment 2021 notification has been released for 2439 posts in CRPF, ITBP, SSB, BSF. The candidates who are eligible and interested can apply at crpf. gov .in
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Amidst the growing violence in Afghanistan as the Taliban continues to make gains, India is participated in a meeting in Qatar on 12 August 2021. The invitation to join the talks was extended by Qatar’s special envoy for counter-terrorism & conflict resolution Mutlaq bin Majed Al-Qahtani, who was in New Delhi last week.
- The 12th Edition of the Indo-Russia joint military exercise called ‘Exercise INDRA 2021’ held at Volgograd, Russia from 01 to 13 August 2021. The aim of INDRA 2021 exercise is to facilitate joint training between Indian and Russian Armies to jointly plan and conduct counter-terror operations under the UN mandate.
- Sri Lanka is planning to deepen its ties with India in various sectors including defence, connectivity, trade and people to people. On 12 Aug, the Sri Lanka High Commission in New Delhi released a 27 page “Integrated Country Strategy ” that highlighted the complementarities between India & Sri Lanka.
- The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is likely to audit India’s aviation safety mechanism around October of this year.
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar addresses 6th meeting of Agriculture Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO). Member States. The Minister in the meeting organized virtually in Dushanbe, Tajikstan stated that the agriculture sector in India performed well even during the severe Covid-19 pandemic. Along with food production, exports have also registered significant growth, contributing to global food security.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- The COVID 19 registration software of the Bangladesh government Surokha came under cyber attack recently. The attack was noticed when people were unable to register on the app for some time after the government announced a mass vaccination programme from 7 August. It was shut down for a while for recovery and maintenance.
- The govt of Bangladesh has announced that all public transport including railways, roadways and waterways will become fully operational from August 19. The Government of Bangladesh lifted most of the COVID 19 restrictions from Wednesday, August 11.
- The Ashraf Ghani-led Afghanistan government on Thursday has offered a “share of power” to the Taliban in a bid to stop the escalating violence in the war-torn country where the insurgent group has captured 10 provincial capitals so far.
- Kabul’s chief for reconciliation, Abdullah, has requested for an emergency UN Security Council session at regional conference on Afghanistan in Doha.
- Death toll from floods in northern Turkey reaches 27. More than 1,700 people have been evacuated, and as many as 330 villages are now without electricity after the floods damaged power lines.
- Afghanistan is ”heading towards civil war” and terror group Al Qaeda “will probably come back” as the security situation in the region continues to deteriorate, UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said.
- Fit India Freedom Run 2.0′ starts from August 13th as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. Conceptualized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, each week programmes will be held in 75 districts and at 75 villages in each district till 2nd October 2021. A total of 744 districts will be covered over one and a half months.
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Anurag Singh Thakur launched the Nationwide programme of Fit India Freedom Runs 2.0 as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav on 13th August 2021 from Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
- Olympics gold medallist javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra was unable to join the Haryana government’s felicitation ceremony due to high fever. He joined the ceremony online from his home in Khandra, Panipat. In his message, he urged the government to keep supporting athletes.
- India vs England
(Test Cricket 2 of 5)
India 1st Innings: 364 all out in 126.1 overs
(KL Rahul 129, Rohit Sharma 83, Virat Kohli 42; James Anderson 5/62).
England 1st Innings: 119/3 45 overs
$ USD 74.22 💷GBP 102.93
CM : K Chandra Shekar Rao
Gvnr: Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan
🥇 Gold ₹48,115©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹67,300©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 105.83
⛽ Diesel ₹ 97.96
LPG : ₹ 887/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 55,437.29
NIFTY : 16,529.10
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Charminar ( “four minarets”), constructed in 1591, is a monument and mosque located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The landmark has become known globally as a symbol of Hyderabad and is listed among the most recognized structures in India. It has also been officially incorporated as the Emblem of Telangana for the state of Telangana.
The fifth ruler of the Qutb Shahi dynasty, Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah, built the Charminar in 1591 after shifting his capital from Golkonda to the newly formed city of Hyderabad. However, it is widely accepted that Charminar was built at the centre of the city, to commemorate the eradication of cholera”, a deadly disease which was wide spread at that time.
😀Thought of the day
You will never have this day again, so count it now. ××××××××××××××××××××××××× Joke of the day ××××××××××××××××××××××××× Raja aur Rani ne fix kiya ki ab baat Mobile se nhi Kabutar se karenge. 1 din Rani ne bina khat k kabutar uda diya. Raja : Ye kya? 🤔😯 Rani : miss call yaar. 😆😍
Science behind Nag Panchami
One of the reasons Nag Panchami is celebrated is because Shravan is the month of peak monsoon and during this time farmers cultivate crops in fields, snakes often come out of their holes to get food which they easily find like, frogs, rats, ants etc. So snakes can harm humans. In order to prevent this, devotees offer sweets, milk and other eatables nearby snakes holes, then ants and other insects attracts towards these eatables and were eaten by snakes. So snake will get its food, it will not come out of its hole.
In fact, reptiles can’t digest dairy products and even if they could, it’s unlikely cows would stand idly by whilst being milked. If dehydrated enough, snakes will drink milk, but if thirsty enough they will drink just about anything.
पुस्तकेन ज्ञानम् भवति
Pustakena Gynam Bhavati
Knowledge happens by a book
🤔 How it works ⁉
Snake charming is the practice of appearing to hypnotize a snake (often a cobra) by playing and waving around an instrument called a pungi.
During a performance, snake charmers may take a number of precautions. The charmer typically sits out of biting range and the snake is sluggish and reluctant to attack anyway. More drastic means of protection include removing the reptile’s fangs or venom glands, or even sewing the snake’s mouth shut. Although snakes are able to sense sound, they lack the outer ear that would enable them to hear the music. They follow the pungi that the “snake charmer” holds with his hands. The snake considers the person and pungi a threat and responds to it as if it were a predator.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The 5 Largest and Longest Snakes in India
King Cobra – General Length 15.8 ft. …
Indian Python – General Length 9.8 ft. …
Indian Rat Snake – General Length 7.6 ft. …
Indian Cobra – General Length 6.0 ft. …
Common Krait – General Length 5.4 ft.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
( source of Information is taken from Internet…If the info differentiate with actual facts…Please you can inform….🙏🏻 Shuboudhay News always tries to educate people about great culture & Traditions of India 🙏🏻)
STORY ABOUT NAG PUNCHAMI
According to Great Epic Mahabharata Parikshit was the son of Abhimanyu and Uttara. He was also the grandson of Arjuna .
Parikshit was cursed by Rishi Shamika’s son Sringin, to die of Snakebite in seven days, for disrespecting Rishi Shamika. Parikshit, died after Takshaka king of snakes bit him .
Now, on hearing his father’s death by Takshaka, Parikshit’s son Janamejaya II vowed to kill Takshaka within a week. He starts the Sarpamedha yagna , which forced each and every snake of the entire universe to fall in the havan kund. However one snake got stuck around Surya’s chariot and because of the force of yagna the chariot was also getting pulled inside the hawankund. This could have ended up taking the Surya’s chariot in the sacrificial altar and ending the regime of Sun from the universe. This resulted in plea from all the gods to stop the sacrifice. When Takshaka arrived then this yagna was stopped from doing so by Astika Muni, as a result of which Takshaka lived. That day was Shukla Paksha Panchami in the month of Shravan and is since celebrated as the festival of Naga Panchami.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed for First aid, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
First Aid: SNAKE BITE 🐍
- Immediately Washing the wound with soap and water
- Rinse the area around the bite site with water to remove any venom that might remain on the skin.
Clean the wound and cover with a sterile dressing.
- Remove any rings or jewelry. Remove shoes if the leg or foot was bitten.
- Cover the bite with a clean, dry dressing.
You’ll begin to see symptoms immediately, but your symptoms will worsen over time. Ideally, you’ll reach medical help within 30 minutes of being bitten
Things Not To Do
A. Do not make any incisions in the skin or apply suction with your mouth.
B. Do not apply ice or a tourniquet.
Do not shock the victim with a stun gun or electrical current.
HOW TO TELL IF A SNAKE IS POTENTIALLY VENOMOUS/POISONOUS IN 4 STEPS
When threatened, rattlesnakes may shake the rattles on their tails to create a loud clicking sound as a warning to potential predators. Be aware that not all rattlesnakes have rattles and this is not a reliable warning
Venomous snakes have distinct heads ( Diamond Shape Head). While non-venomous snakes have a rounded head,
venomous snakes have a more triangular-shaped head.
Examining a snake’s pupils is another method that can be utilized to identify venomous:: versus non-venomous snakes. Like a cat’s eye, poisonous snakes have thin, black, vertical pupils surrounded by a yellow-green eyeball while non-venomous snakes have rounded pupils. While this type of pupils can indicate that the snake is venomous, this is observed at close range, which can be a potentially dangerous identification method.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ...✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼