Today’s top news:
- President Ram Nath Kovind will address the nation today on the eve of the 72nd Republic Day. The address will be broadcast from 1900 hrs. on the entire national network of All India Radio (AIR) and telecast over all channels of Doordarshan in Hindi followed by the English version.
- Election Commission of India is celebrating 11th National Voters Day on Monday. President Ram Nath Kovind will be the Chief Guest at the national function being organized in New Delhi by the Election Commission of India. The National Voters’ Day has been celebrated on January 25 every year since 2011, all across the country to mark the foundation day of Election Commission of India, i.e. 25th January 1950.
- India’s rich and diverse cultural heritage was on display on Sunday when PM Modi interacted with Tribal Guests, NCC Cadets, NSS Volunteers and Tableaux Artists in New Delhi. Prime Minister also highlighted certain key aspects of New Education Policy saying it places greater importance on vocational education.
- The Government of India is to use Rapid Assessment System for the feedback on COVID-19 vaccination. The system sends SMS to people vaccinated in a span of four days. It sends SMS with ID AX-GOVRAS and asks citizens if social distancing was maintained at vaccination sites, if information about adverse effects of vaccination was provided, etc.
- After farmers in large parts of Uttar Pradesh complained that the state administration had instructed petrol pumps not to give diesel for tractors or sell it in view of the upcoming farmers’ tractor rally in Delhi on Republic Day, Bharatiya Kisan Union leader Rakesh Tikait on Sunday called upon his supporters to block the roads wherever they were, in case they were not allowed to proceed to the national capital .
- Farmers Can Enter Delhi, But Can’t Disturb Republic Day Parade: The Delhi Police, however, has issued a series of restrictions, saying permission was given only to show respect for the farmers’ demand.
- Over 300 Twitter handles have been traced to Pakistan that have been created to disrupt and hijack the tractor rally on Republic Day by farmers protesting the central government’s new agricultural laws , the Delhi Police claimed on Sunday.
- All MLAs of the Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab will move towards Delhi on tractors from Shambhu at Punjab-Haryana border on Monday to support the tractor parade of farmers on Republic Day,
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar Wishes “Speedy Recovery” to Lalu Yadav, who has been admitted to Delhi’s All India Institute of Medical Sciences after breathing trouble.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched a state-of-the-art bus terminus project named after Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at his birthplace Cuttack .
- PM Modi on Sunday said Indian scientists have done their duty by developing the COVID-19 vaccine and “now we have to fulfill ours” by defeating through the right information every network spreading lies and rumours.
- Ahead of elections in Kerala due later this year, the Left Democratic Front (LDF) government has recommended a CBI probe into cases against former chief minister Oommen Chandy and five others filed over allegations of sexual abuse linked to the state’s infamous ‘solar scam’.
- The central government on Saturday informed that avian influenza or bird flu has been confirmed in nine states (Kerala, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab) for poultry birds and in 12 states (Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Rajasthan, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab) for the crow, migratory and wild birds till January 24.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation ( DRDO) will have two tableaux at this year’s Republic Day parade — one showcasing light combat aircraft Tejas’ successful take-off from aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya in 2020, and another displaying full complement of anti-tank guided missile systems.
- Over 16 Lakh Healthcare Workers Vaccinated Till Now:
Karnataka has the highest number of vaccinations in the country so far with 1,91,443 beneficiaries followed by Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
- The Centre has issued standard operating protocols (SOP) for the upcoming Kumbh mela at Haridwar in Uttarakhand on Sunday (January 24) amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict and a person held and acquitted in connection with the murder of T-Series founder Gulshan Kumar were among three people arrested on Sunday in Indore in Madhya Pradesh for allegedly peddling drugs.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Sunday (January 24) slammed PM Modi and alleged that Chinese troops have occupied Indian territory and the man with “56 inch-chest” cannot even name China.
- Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad will on Monday launch the electronic version of the voter identity card which can be downloaded on a mobile phone or a personal computer.
- Congress MP Ravneet Singh Bittu was Sunday allegedly assaulted, pushed around and his turban pulled off in what he described was a ‘murderous attack’ by some ‘mischievous elements’ during a ‘Jan Sansad’ programme at the Singhu border.
- Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan tied the knot with fashion designer Natasha Dalal on Sunday (January 24) in an intimate ceremony in Maharashtra’s Alibaug.
- UPSC NDA (1) 2021 Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Exam Dates are updated : The examination for the NDA I recruitment has been scheduled to take place on 18th April 2021 . Thus, the hall ticket for the exam will also be released very soon. There are total vacancies of 400 posts, out of which 370 seats will be filled in NDA, whereas the remaining 30 seats will be filled in the Naval Academy.
- The candidates who will qualify for the NDA written test will be called for the SSB interview, which will be conducted for five days. At this stage, most of the candidates will be eliminated, and only the best candidates will be chosen for admission to the nation’s prestigious defense academies.
- Coronavirus Cases :
- The delivery of the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) to the Indian Air Force under a Rs 48,000-crore deal will begin from March 2024 and around 16 aircraft will be rolled out annually till the completion of the total supply of 83 jets, Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited R Madhavan said
- Amid a raging debate over privacy offered by messaging platforms like WhatsApp, terrorist groups and their handlers from Pakistan are switching to new applications which include one developed by a Turkish company , The names of the messaging apps have been withheld for security reasons.
- Pakistan-based terror groups were looking to create trouble and disrupt the farmers’ tractor rally. : Over 300 Twitter handles have been generated from Pakistan during January 13 to 18 to disrupt the tractor rally.
- 122-Member Bangladesh Armed Forces Contingent To Participate In Republic Day Parade : The contingent will be led by contingent commander Lieutenant Colonel Abu Mohammed Shahnoor Shawon and his deputies Lieutenant Farhan Ishraq and Flight Lieutenant Sibat Rahman.
- The Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) of the Uttar Pradesh police said it has arrested two Chinese nationals from Noida for their involvement in a money laundering case.
- The air customs officers at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport on Sunday (January 24, 2021) held two Ugandan nationals with heroin worth over Rs 68 crore.
- The ninth round of high-level military talks began at around 10 am at Moldo border point on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh , After a gap of over two-and-half months, the Indian and Chinese armies on Sunday held another round of Corps Commander-level talks with an aim to move forward on disengagement of troops from all friction points in eastern Ladakh, sources said.
- In China, 11 of the 22 miners trapped for two weeks in a gold mine in China’s eastern Shandong province have been rescued on Sunday,
- The COVID 19 vaccination campaign will be launched in Bangladesh from January 27. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to launch the programme virtually from her residence on January 27.
- The ruling Nepal Communist Party’s splinter faction led by Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ on Sunday (January 24) expelled Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli from the party’s general membership .
- The decision to remove Oli from the party’s general membership was taken at the Standing Committee meeting of the faction led by former prime ministers Prachanda and Madhav Kumar Nepal after Oli failed to produce explanation to his recent moves as sought by party leadership
COVID19 CASES: 99,512,857
The Odisha Naval Tata Hockey High Performance Centre (HPC), set-up in Bhubaneswar with a vision to groom the upcoming sporting talent in hockey and produce world-class sportspersons, has commenced its boys’ resident programme at the Kalinga Hockey Complex.
$USD 74.93 💷GBP 99.87
🥇Gold ₹48,740@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 93.56
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.186
LPG ₹ 700.00 /14.2 Kg
48,878.54 −746.22 (1.50%)
Facts about India
Kerala: It may derive from Sanskrit keralam, means ‘the land added on’, with reference to its mythical and geographical origins. Another prevailing theory states that it is an imperfect Malayalam portmanteau that fuses kera (‘coconut palm tree’) and alam (‘land’ or ‘location’ or ‘abode of’ ). Natives of Kerala—Keralites—thus refer to their land as Keralam. The most reliable theory is that the name is originated from the phrase chera alam . Kerala’s tourism industry, among others, also use the phrase “The Gods own Country”.
Thought of the day
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
Joke of the day
Pappu ki chhatri me suragh (hole) tha, kisine pucha, umbrella ⛱️me Suragh (hole) kyow?
Pappu : O yaar baarish ruk jayegi to pata kaise chalega….🤪🧐😆
The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated
Why Vastu preferred in India for construction
Vaastu Shastra is the science of architecture, it is based on theory of
Astha Dikapalakas, the Gods of the eight cardinal directions.
it is a tried and tested method of bringing in positive energy to the place you live. … Vastu Shastra may not be essential for living, but it is helpful for a better and healthier life. It is the science of environment you live in.
The various gods that held the Vastu Purusha at various corners were assigned with those particular directions. So Lord Brahma occupied the center position which is mainly kept open to sky, this can be one of the reasons of courtyard planning.
Fire God got South East position, Water God got North east position and so on. As per the position of God’s got fixed so did the use of various activities in the building. It carries a slight variation as per astrological chart of the person who will be living in the house.
So some people used the means of superstition and religion, so that people should follow this. But during the course of time only superstition was left and the original principals were forgotten. That is why we see a lot of professionals who manipulate the science for their own personal benefits.
How it works ⁉
What is edible gum made of?
Gond is a natural gum made of hardened sap taken from two sub-Saharan species of the acacia tree, Acacia senegal and Acacia seyal. The tree grows all over Africa and on the Indian subcontinent, in tujuh Punjab, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Gujarat
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Surya’s iconography is often depicted riding a chariot harnessed by horses, often seven in number which represent the seven colours of visible light, and seven days in a week. Surya is also an epithet for the major Hindu gods Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Benefits of walnuts?
Good for the brain. Walnuts contain important phytochemicals, as well as high amounts of polyunsaturated fats that offer potential benef nits for both brain health and function.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼