13 Oct (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Kartika 04, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Krithika (up to 6:41 pm) Rohini
RahuKaal: 01:39 PM – 03:06 PM
KARWA CHAUTH PUJA muhurat is between 5:54 PM to 7:09 PM. The Moon is expected to rise at 8:09 PM.
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched Tele Mental Health Assistance and Networking Across States (Tele-MANAS) on the occasion of World Mental Health Day.
- Inaugurating Tripura State Judicial Academy and laying the foundation stone for Tripura National Law University at Narsingarh, Agartala on Wednesday, The President Droupadi Murmu said that there is immense potential for development in the North-Eastern Region. The development of the Region is getting a new impetus with various new projects of highways, railways, airways and waterways.
- Two Chief Justices for High Courts : The central government announced the appointment of two judges as chief justices of the high courts in Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, and Karnataka. It also announced the transfer of the chief justice of the J&K high court to the Rajasthan high court.
- Union Cabinet has approved payment of a Productivity Linked Bonus equivalent to 78 days to railway employees for the financial year 2021-22.
- PM Modi will visit Himachal Pradesh on Thursday. He will flag off Vande Bharat Express from Una Himachal railway station. It will be the fourth Vande Bharat train to be introduced in the country.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development has said that more than 15 crore activities were conducted on various themes across the country during the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah from 1st to 30th of September.
- Bharat Jodo yatra’ led by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi reaches 35th
- GUJARAT : PM Modi inaugurated Phase 1 of Modi Shaikshanik Sankul, which is an educational complex for needy students in Ahmedabad. The project aims to provide facilities to students for holistic development.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate the ‘Gujarat Gaurav Yatra’ in Ahmedabad on Thursday. Shah is scheduled to visit Sant Shree Savaiyanath temple to pay obeisance in Ahmedabad’s Zanzarka and later visit Unai Mata Temple to offer prayers in Navsari district’s Unai on Thursday.
- HARYANA govt has stopped drug production at a manufacturing plant of Maiden Pharmaceuticals in Sonipat. This comes a week after the World Health Organisation alerted that as many as 66 children in the Gambia may have died after consuming the cough syrups, made by the company.
- J&K : Former Jammu and Kashmir CM Ghulam Nabi Azad on Wednesday said that outsiders should not be allowed to cast their vote in the Union Territory.
- KARNATAKA : Ola, Uber and Rapido-run autos continue services despite ban in Karnataka :. Online booking of auto-rickshaw services continued to be available on ride-hailing platforms such as Uber, Ola and Rapido, despite Karnataka government making such services illegal from Wednesday.
- MAHARASHTRA govt has affirmed that it is in favour of providing reservation and facilities to the Maratha community. It said that the government will build hostels for 50 male and 50 female students in the community.
- NAGALAND : Former chairperson of Nagaland State Commission for Women, academician, renowned writer and Padma Shri Dr Temsula Ao passed away at a private hospital in Dimapur. She was 80.
- ODISHA CM Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Football for All’ in the state to take the culture of football to the grassroots. The Programme has been initiated by FIFA. Over 43,000 footballs will be distributed to children in about 2000 schools.
- PUNJAB Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer on Wednesday said only green crackers will be allowed for two hours from 8 pm on Diwali. He added crackers will be permitted from 4 am to 5 am and from 9 pm to 10 pm on ‘Gurpurab’. They will be allowed from 11.55 pm to 12.30 am on Christmas and New Year.
- Chief Justice of India, Uday Umesh Lalit has named Justice DY Chandrachud as his successor.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) on Wednesday issued a statement saying that a fake tweet and YouTube video are circulating on social media regarding the leak of the History paper during the UGC-NET December 2021 and June 2022 (merged cycles) examination. The NTA denied the allegations. The exam was conducted on October 10.
- The Enforcement Directorate raided several premises in Chhattisgarh and recovered ₹4 crore in cash along with jewellery, in connection with a money laundering case.
- Four persons travelling in two cars with over ₹3 crore unaccounted cash were detained in Rajasthan’s Sirohi district on Wednesday, police said. The cash was recovered from the cars coming from Ahmedabad, Sirohi SP Mamta Gupta confirmed. The police found bundles of notes wrapped in paper under the seats of the two cars at Maval post
💷 GBP ₹91.25
BSE Sensex : 57,625.91 +478.59 (0.84%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,123.60 +140.05 (0.82%)🔼
- The International Monetary Fund made predictions that India’s global growth will drop from 6% in 2021 to 3.2 % in 2022 and 2.7 % in 2023.
- State Bank of India (SBI) chairman Dinesh Kumar Khara inaugurated their Next-Gen Contact Centre service in order to provide a better and more individualised client experience.
- Ashok Leyland has joined hands with researchers at the National Centre for Combustion Research and Development (NCCRD) for the development and commercialization of a ‘swirl mesh lean direct injection (LDI) system’ for developing hybrid electrical vehicles using turbine technology.
- Former banker Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan took charge as the fourth whole time member (WTM) in the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi).
- The Centre has extended the timeline for disbursement of loans up to March 31 under the ethanol blending programme interest subsidy scheme.
- Seva Vikas Cooperative Bank licence revoked by RBI: Seva Vikas Co-operative Bank, situated in Pune, had its licence revoked by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The government will extend a one-time grant of Rs 22,000 crore to three state-owned fuel retailers to cover for the losses they incurred on selling domestic cooking gas LPG below cost in the last two years, I&B Minister Anurag Thakur said.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has sold over 2% of its holding in Power Grid Corporation over the past five months for ₹3,079.43 crore.
Multiplex operator PVR said that it has received approval from its shareholders for the proposed merger with rivals INOX Leisure.
- The Indian Army decided to procure electric vehicles (EV) for select units and formations in sync with the government’s overall policy of reducing the carbon emissions. As per the plan, around 25 % light vehicles, 38 % buses and 48 % motorcycles in select units will be replaced.
- The Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) will showcase state-of-the-art products and systems spanning every domain of its business in the Defence Expo-2022 to be held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat, from October 18-22.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will launch a website ‘Maa Bharati Ke Sapoot’ enabling citizens to contribute for the Armed Forces Battle Casualties Welfare Fund, AFBCWF on Friday. It will be launched at a function being organised at the National War Memorial Complex in New Delhi.
- Indian Naval Warship INS Tarkash reached Port Grequhrea (also known as Port Elizabeth), South Africa to participate in the joint multinational maritime exercise IBSAMAR from October 10 – 12.The joint maritime exercise takes place between Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies and is the seventh edition of IBSAMAR
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Pay in Europe using UPI soon : NPCI International Payments Ltd (NIPL) and European payment services provider Worldline established a corporation due to which Indians will soon be able to make payments through UPI (United Payments Interface) across Europe.
- India’s top diplomat in China met a senior official of the Chinese foreign ministry and had a candid and friendly exchange of views on bilateral relations, international and regional situations, ahead of the key Congress of the ruling Communist Party which is due to discuss pressing global issues.
- The equations of America and Pakistan are changing day by day. The Joe Biden government of America shocked India on the first F-16 deal and Kashmir issue and now two ships of the US Coast Guard (Coast Guard) reached Pakistan. Two Coast Guard ships were in Karachi from October 6 to 9.
- India’s trade with Afghanistan and Central Asia has long been hindered by an inability to access land routes through Pakistan.
- The development of Iran’s new port at Chabahar has transformed India’s trading prospects in the region by allowing India a trade route that bypasses Pakistan altogether.
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) said that the deadline to export raw sugar to the US under Tariff-Rate Quota (TRQ) has been extended till December 31.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Tuesday (local time) said that Singapore and UAE have shown interest to accept the RuPay payment system acceptable in their countries
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif and his son Hamza were acquitted by a special court of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) in a money laundering case on Wednesday
- The United States has imposed visa restrictions on members of the Taliban and other individuals responsible for the repression of women and girls in Afghanistan through policies and violence.
- Mercedes-Benz and Microsoft have collaborated to use Microsoft Cloud for a data platform to improve production efficiency at auto plants around the world.
- Russian President Putin blames Europe for energy crisis as European Union works on price cap.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday announced that Moscow would not sell oil at a lower price cap after the Group of Seven (G7) pledged to put a cap on the price of Russian oil sold across the world.
- Former India captain and Chennai Super Kings skipper, Mahendra Singh Dhoni inaugurated the Super Kings Academy at the MS Dhoni Global School in Hosur, Tamil Nadu. MS Dhoni Global School is the first franchise-owned Super Kings Academy in India.
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Anurag Singh Thakur launched the World Anti-dopping Agency (WADA) Athlete Biological Passport Symposium – 2022 in New Delhi.
- Kamalpreet Kaur, who holds national record in women’s discus throw, has been banned for three years for doping. The Athletics Integrity Unit stated that Kaur tested positive for a banned substance [stanozolol] in a test conducted on March 7 this year. Her period of ineligibility started from March 29 and all her results since March 7 stand null and void.
Frmn : 01 Nov 1956
Govrnr: Arif Mohammad Khan
CM: Pinarayi Vijayan (CPI(M))
Districts : 14
🥇Gold ₹ 49,250 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 64,000 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹107.44/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 96.26/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,062/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The name Konârka is derived from the Sanskrit word Kona (meaning angle) and word Arka (meaning sun) in reference to the temple which was dedicated to the Sun god Surya. A UNESCO World Heritage site, Konark Sun Temple is famous for its unique architecture. Its geometrical patterns and carved wheels used to serve as sun dials. Konark Sun Temple (Konark Surya Mandir) is a 13th-century CE Sun temple at Konark about 35 kilometres (22 mi) northeast from Puri on the coastline of Odisha, India. The temple is attributed to king Narasimhadeva I of the Eastern Ganga Dynasty about 1250 CE.
😀Thought of the day
A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty .
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu* College Ki Ladki se Bola ‘I love U’
Ab Tum Muje Bolo
Girl: Me Abi Ja K sir Ko Bolti Hu
Pappu : pagli sir Ko Mt Bol Unki Shadi Ho Gai Hai*
What is the reason for the red Colour of the red soil?*
Red soil contains a high percentage of iron content, which is responsible for its color. This soil is deficient in nitrogen, humus, phosphoric acid, magnesium, and lime but fairly rich in potash, with its pH ranging from neutral to acidic.
यत भावो-तत भवति।*
Yat bhāvo-tat bhavati.
You become what you believe
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How long it takes to digest food*
In general, food takes 24 to 72 hours to move through your digestive tract. The exact time depends on the amount and types of foods you’ve eaten.
Meat and fish can take as long as 2 days to fully digest. The proteins and fats they contain are complex molecules that take longer for your body to pull apart. By contrast, fruits and vegetables, which are high in fiber, can move through your system in less than a day. At first, food travels relatively quickly through your digestive system. Within 6 to 8 hours, the food has moved its way through your stomach, small intestine, and large intestine. As you chew, glands in your mouth release saliva. This digestive liquid contains enzymes that break down the starches in your food. The result is a mushy mass called a bolus that’s easier to swallow.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
13 October – International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction*
International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction is observed annually on 13 October to raise awareness about the risk of disaster reduction. In 1989, the International Day of Disaster Risk Reduction was started by the United Nations General assembly
Gunpowder is the first explosive to have been developed. Popularly listed as one of the “Four Great Inventions” of China , it was discovered during the late Tang dynasty (9th century).
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Bhulabhai Desai* (13 October 1877 – 6 May 1946) was an Indian independence activist and acclaimed lawyer.
He is well-remembered for his defence of the three Indian National Army soldiers accused of treason during World War II, and for attempting to negotiate a secret power-sharing agreement with Liaquat Ali Khan of the Muslim League.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Read between the lines*
Means: Understanding the real message behind something
Example : If you try to read between the lines, her song is actually about me.
Imminent × Distant
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
According to Sanatan dharma, It is considered to be a romantic festival, symbolizing the love between a husband and wife. It is a 1-day festival celebrated by Hindu women from North India four days after purnima (a full moon) in the month of Kartika. … On Karwa Chauth, the married women, especially in Northern India, fast from sunrise to moonrise for the safety and longevity of their husbands. Married women begin their fast from sunrise and stays without consuming food and water until moon rise. They wives start fasting after having eating ‘Sargahi’ a pre-dawn meal earlier the beginning of fasting.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Kanji or rice water* is rich in carbohydrates, and hence, an excellent source of energy. The body can easily derive energy by breaking down carbohydrates. Drink a glass of rice water in the morning before heading out and you will never feel dizzy or weak due to lack of energy.
Prevents dehydration : On a hot sunny day, rice water becomes your go-to-drink. In summer, the body tends to lose water and salts through sweat and, rice water helps replenish the lost nutrients and the water, reducing your chances of dehydration.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼