13 May (Saturay)
Vedic Ritu/ Vasant (Spring)
Drik Ritu: Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Jyeshta 8, (Purnimanta) Vaishaka 23, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Dhanishta (up to 11:35 am) Shatabhisha
Tithi: Ashtami (up to 6:51 am), Navami, Dashami
Rahu: 09:07 AM – 10:45 AM
Yamaganda: 02:01 PM – 03:39 PM
IMPORTANCE OF TRISHUL https://youtu.be/euO3Sfvs0P4
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Karnataka Assembly Elections 2023: Counting of votes to begin today at 8 am. Karnataka sets a new record of 73.19% Voter Turnout during May 10 Assembly election.
- Under the One Station One Product’ (OSOP) scheme of Indian Railways, 728 stations are covered with 785 OSOP outlets in 21 States and 3 Union Territories across the country so far.
- Under the scheme, OSOP outlets at railway stations are allotted for showcasing, selling and giving high visibility to indigenous or local products. These OSOP stalls are designed through National Design Institute for uniformity. Cumulative Direct Beneficiaries from March 2022 till 1st of this month is 25 thousand 109.
- The new Vice President Enclave will be equipped with bullet-resistant windows and customised amenities at an estimated cost of around Rs 6.19 crore, according to the Central Public Works Department bid document.
- PM will launch various developmental projects worth Rs 4,400 crores at Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, TRAI has issued directions to Access Providers to stop misuse of message templates under Telecom Commercial Communication Customer Preference Regulations, 2018.
- The Allahabad high court on Friday ordered authorities to determine the age of the structure claimed to be a Shivling in the Gyanvapi mosque in Varanasi using modern technology.
- Andhra Pradesh High Court has set aside the recent GO-Rt-1 that banned meetings on public roads, highways, state highways as also municipal and panchayat roads.
- AP CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the Ashtottara Satha Kundatmaka (108) Chandi, Rudra, Raja Syamala, Sudarshana Sahitha Sri Lakshmi Maha Yagnam on Friday, praying for the welfare and development of AP State and its people.
- Maharashtra government on Wednesday dropped charges and revoked the suspension of former Mumbai police chief Param Bir Singh (now retired) citing a Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) order that said the suspension order lapsed because the government did not review it in time.
- The Supreme Court has granted control over all services in the national capital, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), to the Delhi government, except for those related to land, police, and law and order.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the AYUSH ministry have joined forces to advance research in the field of integrated medicine. Integrated medicine refers to the combination of alternative medicine systems, such as ayurveda, yoga, naturopathy, unani, siddha.
- CBSE has announced the class 12th and class 10th board exam results. Students can check their results on the official website of the board: cbse.gov.in and also on results.nic.in.
- Sportswear retailer Puma has appointed Karthik Balagopalan as the new Managing Director of PUMA India.
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) has appointed Rajiv Dhar, Executive Director & Chief Operating Officer as the Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director of NIIFL on an interim basis, effective May 11, 2023.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has extended the deadline for linking Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar to 30 June 2023. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has also extended the date for PAN-Aadhaar linking till this date.
- Directorate General of Civil Aviation, DGCA has imposed a fine of 30 lakh rupees on Air India for not promptly and effectively addressing safety issues related to Delhi-Dubai Air India flight incident of 27th February.
- Special Investigation Unit (SIU) of the Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday filed a charge sheet against five terrorist associates in a special NIA court.
- The National Investigation Agency on Friday filed its third supplementary chargesheet in the Mundra Port drugs haul case related to the seizure of 2,988 kg heroin in 2021.
- Central Bureau of Investigation has filed an FIR against former Narcotics Control Bureau officer Sameer Wankhede for allegedly seeking Rs 25 crore bribe for not framing Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan in the drugs-on-cruise case.
- Enforcement Directorate on Friday arrested the special secretary of the Chhattisgarh excise department in a money laundering case linked to the alleged Rs 2,000 crore liquor syndicate scam in the state.
💷 GBP ₹.102.40
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 5.66%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 62,027.90 +123.38 (0.20%) 🔺
NIFTY: 18,314.80 +17.80 (0.097%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 61,750/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 78,100/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Union Minister of State for Finance Bhagwat Karad virtually addressed the 13th Banking and Finance Conference of the Indian Merchant Chamber in Mumbai.
- The Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) has issued order against top five e-commerce platforms for selling seat belt alarm stopper clips.
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has rolled out the Automated Return Scrutiny Module for GST returns.
- Directorate General of Trade Remedies (DGTR), which is a branch of the commerce ministry, has proposed the implementation of an anti-dumping tax on a specific type of optical fiber imported from China, Korea, and Indonesia to protect the local industry from low-priced foreign shipments.
- Nagaland : Film personalities Kivini Shohe and Andrea Kevichusa to be representing Nagaland at prestigious cannes film festival 2023. The Festival to be held from 16th to 27th May.
- Supreme Court on Friday sought replies of the West Bengal and Tamil Nadu governments on a plea of the producers of The Kerala Story that the movie is not being shown in theatres in these two states.
- Bollywood star Ayushmann Khurrana has been chosen to inspire and support the Indian contingent participating in the upcoming Special Olympics for individuals with intellectual disabilities, set to take place in Berlin from June 16 to June 25.
- Gucci, the luxury fashion brand from Italy, has appointed Alia Bhatt as its first global ambassador from India
- INS Delhi and INS Satpura are making a port-call at Sihanoukville in Cambodia. According to the Ministry of Defence, visit of the Indian Naval ships seeks to consolidate the strong bonds of friendship that exist between India-Cambodia by strengthening maritime cooperation.
- Former Air Chief Marshal B S Dhanoa (Retd) on Friday highlighted the evolving warfare scenario and emphasised the necessity of an indigenous technology base for the defence needs of the country. He was invited as a chief guest at the National Technology Day celebrations at the Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory (TBRL) Range Ramgarh in Panchkula.
- Over 600 positions for police personnel have been sanctioned for 42 new border police posts (BPPs) along the India-Pakistan border in Jammu and Kashmir to strengthen the second-tier anti-infiltration grid.
- A new agreement with the Philippine Army for the land variant of the BrahMos system is expected to be signed soon.In the first export order for the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile system, Philippines had approved in January 2022 a $374.96 million contract .
- Indian and Thai navies carried out an eight-day coordinated patrol in the Andaman Sea in the backdrop of growing concerns over China’s increasing forays into the Indian Ocean region. The Indian Navy’s indigenously built ship (INS) Kesari and Thailand’s Chao Phraya class frigate Saiburi, along with maritime patrol aircraft from both sides, participated in the coordinated patrol.
- Railways offers reservation, age relaxation, exemption from physical tests for Agniveers completing four years of defence service.
- The reservation of 10% in Level -1 and 5% in Level – 2 and above of non-gazetted posts will be provided to Agniveers in Railways against direct recruitment quota.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar met Nepal’s new Foreign Minister NP Saud for the first time and discussed energy, connectivity, and enduring people-to-people ties between both countries.
- Amid Pakistan’s objection to India hosting a G20 meeting in Jammu and Kashmir, the British High Commissioner to India has confirmed participation of representatives from the UK at the event of the tourism working group being organised in Srinagar on May 23-24.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar has lauded Bangladesh for releasing its Indo-Pacific outlook and its respect for the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Seas (UNCLOS) as one of the elements of its 4 guiding principles and 15 objectives.
- Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar chaired the virtually-held sixth session of the Health Ministers meeting of the Shanghai Corporation Organization, SCO member states.
- The first Ministerial meeting of the India-EU Trade and Technology Council will be held in Brussels on 16th May.
- Pakistan, China, and Afghanistan have agreed to enhance their economic relations by extending the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), which is supported by Beijing, to Afghanistan.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Australia’s Blacktown City Council has cancelled Sikhs For Justice’s propaganda referendum event in Sydney, after hundreds of complaints about threats posed by the event.
- Israeli airstrikes in the Gaza Strip have killed two terrorist commanders.
- Amid political instability and economic crisis, the State Bank of Pakistan’s (SBP) foreign reserves continue to decline due to loan repayment.
- Imran Khan finally leaves Islamabad High Court premises after being granted bail:. The Islamabad High Court granted former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan protection from arrest for a period of two weeks in the Al-Qadir Trust corruption case and ordered him to be freed on bail.
- Cyclone Mocha to make landfall on Sunday along Bangladesh- Myanmar coast; IMD asks fishermen not to venture into central Bay of Bengal.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) announced on May 11 that the global health emergency for mpox, a viral disease formerly known as monkeypox, has ended after 10 months. This came after confirmed cases in over 100 countries since the disease started spreading globally in May 2022.
- International Nurses Day is observed on the 12th of May every year to commemorate the birth of Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing, who was born on May 12, 1820. Nightingale was a British nurse, statistician, and social reformer.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2023
Mumbai Indians won by 27 runs
MI – 218/5 (20)
GT – 191/8 (20)
Player of the Match
(i) 13 May, Saturday
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Lucknow Super Giants
at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
(ii) Delhi Capitals vs Punjab Kings
59th Match at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Indian pugilists Deepak Kumar Bhoria, Mohammed Hussamuddin and Nishant Dev to competed in semi-finals of IBA Men’s World Boxing Championship in Tashkent and have made the country proud by winning 3 bronze medals 🥉🥉🥉at the 🥊🥊 IBA Men’s World Championships 2023.
Formation of state
1 November 1956
Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
CM: Pinarayi Vijayan (CPI(M))
Language – Malayalam
Bird – Great hornbill
Fruit – Jackfruit
Tree – Coconut 🌴Tree
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Kuda Caves are ancient Buddhist caves which date back to the 1st century BC in Raigad district of Maharashtra. Being a complex of 26 rock-cut caves, they are amongst those wonderful places where you can trace the history of Buddhism in the region. These caves were made for Buddhist monks who used to live and meditate here.
You can find several inscriptions, beautiful drawings and intricate patterns on walls of the caves. The inscriptions found in the caves describe the donations, which were given to Buddhist monks by people living in the region.
😀Thought of the day
A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher: Because of Gandhiji’s hard work what do we get on 15th August?
Pappu: 🙄A holiday🤔
⁉ Scientific reason behind: Ear & Nose piercing ⁉
Ear piercing is an ancient Indian practice, which is also known as Karna Vedha. It is one of the 16 sacraments, rituals and sacrifices done to mark the various stages of human life and to signify cultural heritage and upbringing.
Traditionally, body piercing is done on one or both sides of nose, both ear lobes. These are acupressure points that once triggered have positive effect on overall health. Piercing left side of the nose results in reducing the distressing energy that has negative influence on our system. In women, it helps in improving reproductive organs and reduces infertility.
Other reasons for nose piercing around specific node and wearing jewelry on left side– a belief that it reduces labor pain during delivery and it reduces menstrual cramps. Nerves that run from left nostril is linked with female reproductive organs! In addition, nose piercing does not cause heavy infections
According to Ayurveda, body piercing should be done in appropriate body parts. Appropriate body parts because our nervous system connects in our body in a specific manner and influences certain organs.
क्रुध – क्रोध (Angry)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How long it takes to digest food.
In general, food takes 24 to 72 hours to move through your digestive tract. The exact time depends on the amount and types of foods you’ve eaten.
Meat and fish can take as long as 2 days to fully digest. The proteins and fats they contain are complex molecules that take longer for your body to pull apart. By contrast, fruits and vegetables, which are high in fiber, can move through your system in less than a day. At first, food travels relatively quickly through your digestive system. Within 6 to 8 hours, the food has moved its way through your stomach, small intestine, and large intestine. As you chew, glands in your mouth release saliva. This digestive liquid contains enzymes that break down the starches in your food. The result is a mushy mass called a bolus that’s easier to swallow.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Gunpowder is the first explosive to have been developed. Popularly listed as one of the “Four Great Inventions” of China, it was discovered during the late Tang dynasty (9th century).
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Ravi Shankar (born 13 May 1956) is an Indian spiritual leader.
He is frequently referred to as “Sri Sri” (honorific) or as Guruji or Gurudev.
He founded the Art of Living Foundation in 1981, a volunteer-based NGO providing social support to the people.
In 1997, he established a Geneva-based charity, the International Association for Human Values, an NGO that engages in relief work and rural development and aims to foster shared global values.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Good things come to those who wait
Lofty Lowly Humble
sociable ~ friendly
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Trishul held by Lord Shiva, represents the 3 Gunas or “characteristics”, Sattva, Rajas and Tamas. Sattva represents stability, purity, Rajas represents change, dynamism while Tamas represents inertia, lethargy. The trishul is believed to symbolize Shiva being the master of the world, by his control of these 3 Gunas, maintaining a balance between them. It is also believed to symbolize the destruction of 3 worlds, the physical, the past world of forefathers and the mind, into a single plan of existence, which is bliss. The Damaru or the drum, is believed to generate spiritual energy,
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Kanji or rice water is rich in carbohydrates, and hence, an excellent source of energy. The body can easily derive energy by breaking down carbohydrates. Drink a glass of rice water in the morning before heading out and you will never feel dizzy or weak due to lack of energy.
Prevents dehydration: On a hot sunny day, rice water becomes your go-to-drink. In summer, the body tends to lose water and salts through sweat and, rice water helps replenish the lost nutrients and the water, reducing your chances of dehydration.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ SHARE IT