13 Mar (Sunday)
Shishir Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Phalguna 25, (Purnimata)/ Phalguna 11 (Amanta) Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Nakshatra : Punarvasu (up to 8:06 pm)Pushya
Titi: Dashami (up to 10:22 am) Ekadashi
RahuKaal:05:02PM – 06:31PM WEEKEND NEWS REVIEW: https://youtu.be/554bQ3v1DvY
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- The Union Minister for Labor & Employment and Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav on 12 Mar announced the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) interest rate for the year 2021-2022 after chairing the two-day long meeting of the 230th Central Board of Trustees (CBT) at Guwahati. The Union Minister informed that the CBT recommended 8.10% rate of interest for its subscribers.
- The Election Commission announced bye polls to one Parliamentary Constituency and four assembly constituencies in West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Maharashtra. The polling will be held on 12th April and date of counting of votes is 16th April.
- In West Bengal, the bye-election will be held for Asansol Parliamentary Constituency and Ballygunge Assembly seat. Bye polls will be held for Khairagarh assembly constituency in Chhattisgarh, Bochahan seat in Bihar and Kohlapur North assembly constituency in Maharashtra. The election commission has said, the last date of nomination for these seats will be 24th March, and the last date of withdrawal of candidature will be 28th of March.
- Department of Pharmaceuticals has released an Approach Paper for the Draft National Policy for the Medical Devices, 2022 on its website for consultation. The Department has invited feedback and remarks of the Industry and stakeholders, till the 25th of this month on the Draft Policy.
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued the draft notification, GSR 192 (E), dated 10thMarch 2022 pertaining to Motor Vehicles (Registration and Functions of Vehicle Scrapping Facility Amendment) Rules, 2022.These are amendments to the Motor Vehicles (Registration and Functions of Vehicle Scrapping Facility)Rules dated 23rd September 2021 ,which lay down the procedure for establishment of Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility (RVSF).
- Untied grants are released on the recommendations of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj. The States are required to transfer the grants to the local bodies within 10 working days of receipt from the Central Government. So far, Centre has released over 31,765 crore rupees to Rural Local bodies in the year 2021-22.2Q
- DELHI : Seven people, including three children, were killed after a fire broke out in shanties in northeast Delhi’s Gokulpuri area in the early hours of Saturday, officials said. President Ram Nath Kovind has expressed grief over the tragic fire incident.
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced Rs.10 lakh for deceased adults’ families, Rs.5 lakh to deceased children’s families and Rs 25,000 to those whose shanties were burnt.
- GUJARAT : PM Modi inaugurated the 11th Khel Mahakumbh at Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad, an annual sports competition organized by the Gujarat government on 12 Mar.
- PM Modi also told that the youngsters of the country not to look for any shortcut to success and there is only one mantra for success- ‘Long term planning, and continuous commitment’. Neither a victory can ever be our last stop, nor a defeat.
- PM Modi has dedicated the new complex building of Rashtriya Raksha University- RRU Gandhinagar to the nation by unveiling a plaque. The new campus building complex of Rashtriya Raksha University- an institution of national importance is situated at Lavad village near Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- J&K : Terrorists shot dead CRPF jawan Mukhtar Ahmad in south Kashmir’s Shopian district on 12 Mar Saturday evening. He was on leave and spending time with his family at Check Chotipora, his native village, when he was fatally attacked in his home.
- KARNATAKA :: Senior Congress leader and MLC C M Ibrahim on Saturday said he has resigned from the primary membership of the party, and was inclined to join the JD(S).
- LADAKH : Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur reviewed the progress on the National Optical Fibre Network, NOFN, scheme for connecting all the 193 Gram panchayats in the Union Territory.
- MAHARASHTRA : Union Minister Raosaheb Danve on 12 Mar Saturday said for development of the railways in Maharashtra, the Maha Vikas Aghadi government has to contribute 50% of its share for projects. The Union minister of state for railways was speaking at the inauguration of railway electrification from Manmad to Mudkhed at Jalna railway station.
- PUNJAB: Chief minister-designate Bhagwant Mann called on governor Banwarilal Purohit on Saturday to stake claim to form the next government in the state on 16 March.
- TELANGANA : The enrolment in government schools in the state has significantly increased by 3 lakh this year due to steps taken by the state government to strengthen government schools across the state, education minister Sabitha Indra Reddy said.
- UTTAR PRADESH : The Supreme Court will hear on March 15 a plea by the relatives of the victims of Lakhimpur Kheri, challenging the grant of bail to main accused Ashish Mishra, son of Union minister of state for home Ajay Mishra Teni as lawyer Prashant Bhushan told the court that on Thursday evening one of the prime witnesses was attacked.
- WEST BENGAL : 15 fire tenders mobilised as massive fire breaks out at Kolkata tannery
A massive fire broke out at a tannery in Meher Ali Lane in Kolkata’s Tangra on Saturday and 15 fire tenders reached the spot to douse the flames. Two fire brigade personnel were injured during the firefighting operations and were rushed to the hospital. Although the situation is under control, the extent of damage isn’t known yet, an official said.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has communicated the theory exam results for Term 1 of class 10th to schools. Only scores in theory have been communicated as internal Assessment /practical scores are already available with the schools,” said CBSE in its official announcement via its Twitter @cbseindia29.
💷 GBP 100.08
BSE Sensex 55,550.30
NIFTY : 16,630.45
- The second part of the Budget Session of Parliament will begin from 14 Mar Monday which is scheduled to conclude on 8th of April. During the second part of the session, there will be 19 sittings and the Parliament is also set to return to its normal functioning schedule.
- The Reserve Bank of India has directed Paytm Payments Bank to stop taking on new customers with immediate effect, citing “material supervisory concerns observed in the bank.”
The bank has also been directed to appoint an audit firm to conduct a comprehensive audit of its IT system, the Reserve Bank of India said in a statement.
- Actor Ranveer Singh, who is currently in the UK to attend the Premier League games, shared a picture with Tottenham legend Ledley King. Ledley gifted Ranveer a customised ‘Number 1’ jersey. The actor also opted to do the ‘Dare Skywalk’ at the stadium and shared that the “42 metre drop over the edge of the grand stadium” was “exhilarating”.
- In the 2021-22 financial year, Central Railway earned over ₹2.48 crore by offering its premises and coaches for film shootings. It’s the highest-ever revenue for any financial year, with Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) being the most prefered location. Different locations of Central Railway witnessed the shooting of ten films, two web series and a short film during the year.
- Defence Ministry said that due to a technical glitch it accidentally fired a missile that landed in Pakistan and said that it “deeply regretted” the incident. India’s defence ministry said that the accident occurred on 09 Mar Wednesday evening due to a technical malfunction during a routine maintenance check. India regretted the accident and said that there has been no loss of lives. A high-level inquiry has been ordered.
- INDIA -JAPAN Defence Relation
The third edition of the joint military exercise “EX DHARMA GUARDIAN-2022” between India and Japan conducted from 27 February to 10 March 2022, at Belagavi (Belgaum), Karnataka. The 15th Battalion the Maratha Light Infantry Regiment of the Indian Army and 30th Infantry Regiment of Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF) are participated in this 12 days long joint exercise.
JIMEX: JIMEX series of exercises was started in January 2012. It mainly focuses on maritime security cooperation. These exercises are conducted between Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force.
Indian Naval Ships Shivalik & Kadmatt undertook Maritime Partnership Exercise with Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force Ships Uraga and Hirado in the Bay of Bengal on January 13.
Joint Air Force exercise called ‘Shinyuu Maitri’.
India and Japan are also involved in a Trilateral Maritime Exercise called MALABAR with the USA.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Nepal Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba thanks India for evacuating four Nepalese citizens from Ukraine.
- The Commerce and Industry Ministry has said, India-Canada will re-launch the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement negotiations to unlock full potential of bilateral trade. India and Canada held the fifth Ministerial Dialogue on Trade and Investment on Friday.
- The High Commission of India celebrated the 12th foundation day of Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre (IGCC) in Dhaka on 11 Mar Friday.
High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Vikram Doraiswami inaugurated the event with the lighting of the ceremonial lamp. In his speech, he highlighted the importance of the cultural centre to foster and strengthen cultural exchanges between India and Bangladesh and promote people to 5 people connect.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine entered its 17th day on 12 Mar Saturday with many fearing that a military assault on the capital city of Kyiv is now imminent.
- The UN estimates that the war in Ukraine has forced over 2.5 million people to flee the country. Thousands of Ukrainians, meanwhile, have been confined to basements, subway stations and underground bomb shelters.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Saturday that more than 1,300 Ukrainians have been killed in the war. At least 79 children have been killed and nearly 100 wounded since the beginning of the Russian invasion.
- Ukrainian soldiers and citizen volunteers have switched from their distinct yellow armbands to blue to prevent Russians from infiltrating their camps.
- West Indies Women vs India Women,
India Women won by 155 runs
INDW – 317/8 (50)
WIW – 162 (40.3)
Player of the Match
Smriti Mandhana and Harmanpreet Kaur slammed twin centuries as India produced a splendid batting display to notch up a comprehensive 155-run win over West Indies and bring their campaign back on track at the ICC Women’s ODI World Cup on 12 Mar Saturday.
- Mar 13, Sunday
New Zealand Women
vs Australia Women
11th Match at Basin Reserve, Wellington
New Zealand Women opt to bowl
- India vs Sri Lanka,
Day 1: Stumps – Sri Lanka trail by 166 runs IND – 252
SL – 86/6 (30)
Batting R(B) 4s 6s SR
Niroshan Dickwella* 13(29) 1 0 44.83
- World Championships bronze medallist Lakshya Sen stunned Olympic gold winner Viktor Axelsen in a hard-fought match to enter the final of German Open Super 300 tournament on Saturday.
- India lost 1-2 to Germany in a shootout after both the teams were tied at 1-1 at the end of 60-minute regulation time in first match of double-leg FIH Women’s Pro Hockey League in Bhubaneswar on Saturday. Navneet Kaur, who scored the goal for India in the fourth minute, hit the only goal for her side in the shootout.
JAPAN : TOKYO
Emperor : Naruhito
PM : Fumio Kishida
National language: Japanese
Japan Flag : 🇯🇵
Currency Japanese Yen (¥)
1 Japanese Yen equals
0.65 Indian Rupee
Population : 2022 estimate 125,440,000
• 2020 census population was 126,226,568
Governor : R. N. Ravi
CM : M.K.Stalin (DMK)
Formation : 26 Jan 1950
Districts : 38
🥇Gold ₹54,220@10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹74,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 101.40
⛽ Diesel ₹ 91.43
⛽ Autogas₹ 35.44
LPG : 916/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Golconda Fort , also known as Golkonda (Telugu: “shepherds’ hill”), is a fortified citadel and an early capital city of the Qutb Shahi dynasty (c. 1512–1687), located in Hyderabad, Telangana.
Because of the vicinity of diamond mines, especially Kollur Mine, Golconda flourished as a trade centre of large diamonds, known as the Golconda Diamonds. The region has produced some of the world’s most famous diamonds, including the colourless Koh-i-Noor (now owned by the United Kingdom), the blue Hope (United States), the pink Daria-i-Noor (Iran), the white Regent (France), the Dresden Green (Germany), and the colourless Orlov (Russia), Nizam and Jacob (India), as well as the now lost diamonds Florentine Yellow, Akbar Shah and Mogul.
😀 Thought of the day
LUCK IS NOT IN UR HANDS
BUT WORK IS IN HANDS
UR WORK CAN MAKE UR LUCK
BUT UR LUCK CANT MAKE UR WRK
SO TRUST URSELF THAN UR LUCK
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher : – अपने पापा का नाम English में बोलो?
Student : – ब्यूटिफुल रेड अंडरवियर !
Tchr : – क्या बकवास है,
हिंदी में बताओ?
Stdnt : – सुंदर लाल चढ्डा ।
why does we hear echoes
An echo is a sound that is repeated because the sound waves are reflected back. Sound waves can bounce off smooth, hard objects in the same way as a rubber ball bounces off the ground. … That is why echoes can be heard in a canyon, cave, or mountain range. But sounds are not always reflected.
मम गृहे चतस्र: कक्षा: सन्ति।
My house has four rooms.
उपाध्यायान् दशाचार्य आचार्याणां शतं पिता।
सहस्रं तु पितॄन् माता गौरवेणातिरिच्यते॥ – Manusmriti
upādhyāyān daśācārya ācāryāṇāṃ śataṃ pitā।
sahasraṃ tu pitn mātā gauravēṇātiricyatē॥
Meaning : A preceptor is more than ten ordinary teachers, our father is superior to a hundred such preceptors, but our mother surpasses the glory of a thousand fathers.
भावार्थ : दस उपाध्यायों से बढ़कर एक आचार्य होता है, सौ आचार्यों से बढ़कर पिता होता है, परन्तु पिता से हजार गुणा बढ़कर माता गौरवमयी होती है। (अतः माता का गौरव सर्वाधिक है।)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Do Hearing Aids Work
A hearing aid is a device designed to improve hearing by making sound audible to a person with hearing loss. Hearing aids are classified as medical devices in most countries.
Hearing aids work by amplifying sound through a three-part system: The microphone receives sound and converts it into a digital signal. The amplifier increases the strength of the digital signal. The speaker produces the amplified sound into the ear.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
At present, NATO Member States comprises 30 countries from the original 12 countries that signed the North Atlantic Treaty on 4 April 1949.
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and other western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union. NATO constitutes a system of collective security,
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Jatindra Charan Guha (13 Mar1892 –2 Jan 1972), popularly known by his ring name Gobar Guha was a world-famous Indian wrestler and practitioner of Pehlwani. He was the first Asian to win the World Light Heavyweight Championship in the United States in 1921.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A picture is worth 1000 words
Better to show than tell
Change – Transform
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Jaya and Vijaya are the gatekeepers of the abode of lord Vishnu. They are also ardent devotees of Him.
Once the Manasaputras of Lord Brahma Sanaka, Sanandana , Sanatana and Sanatkumara visited the abode of Vishnu for his Darshan. One thing they all have in common is , they all look like children irrespective of their age due to the power of their Thapas.
Thinking that these four are children, Jaya and Vijaya blocks them at the entrance. They also tell the Kumaras that Sri Vishnu is resting and that they cannot see him now. The enraged Kumaras replied Jaya and Vijaya that Vishnu is available for his devotees any time, and cursed both the keepers Jaya and Vijaya, that they would have to give up their divinity, be born as mortals on Earth (bhuloka, or physical plane), and live like normal human beings.
Vishnu appeared before them, and the gatekeepers requested Vishnu to lift the curse of the Kumaras. Vishnu says curse of Kumaras cannot be reversed. Instead, he gives Jaya and Vijaya two options. The first option is to take seven births on Earth as a devotee of Vishnu, while the second is to take three births as his enemy. After serving either of these sentences, they can re-attain their stature at Vaikuntha and be with him permanently. Jaya and Vijaya cannot bear the thought of staying away from Vishnu for seven lives. As a result, they choose to be born three times on Earth even though it would have to be as enemies of Lord Vishnu.
In the first life they were born as Hiranyakashipu and Hiranyaksha in the Krita Yuga, to Diti (daughter of Daksha Prajapathi) and sage Kashyapa who were killed by Vishnu taking the form of Varaha, a boar and Narasimha,a man-lion in the Satya Yuga.
In their second life they were born as Ravana and Kumbhakarna and were killed by Vishnu who descended as Rama in the Treta Yuga.
And in their third life as Shishupala and Dantavakra (in some places Dantavakra is replaced by Kamsa) who were killed by Vishnu who descended as Krishna in the Dwapara Yuga
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Heat about 50 ml of sesame oil gently and apply it when warm on the affected portion, after taking hot fomentation. Dissolve 3 crystals of menthol and 2 drops of cumin oil in 3 teaspoons of sesame oil. For better results, you may use warm sesame oil. Apply this on the affected portion followed by a gentle massage for quick relief from muscular pain.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼