13 Feb (Sunday)
Shishir Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Magha 27, (Purnimata)/ Magha 12 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Dwadashi (up to 6:42 pm) Trayodashi
Rahu Kaal : 04:53 PM – 06:17 PM
Weekend News Review
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Over 172 crore 75 lakh doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive
- The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has decided to resume cooked food on all trains from 14th of this month. The catering services were suspended as a safety measure against the corona virus pandemic on 23rd March 2020.
- Campaigning ends for single phase assembly polls in Uttarakhand, Goa & for 2nd phase in Uttar Pradesh.
- Biggest bank fraud case, the CBI has booked ABG Shipyard Ltd and its then Chairman and Managing Director Rishi Kamlesh Agarwal along with others for allegedly cheating a consortium of banks led by State Bank of India of over Rs 22,842 crore. The company was sanctioned credit facilities from 28 banks and financial institutions with the SBI having exposure of Rs 2468.51 crore.
- The Centre will hold discussions with Telangana and Andhra Pradesh governments on the bifurcation issues.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has invited the Chief Secretaries of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to participate in the discussions in the Dispute Resolution Sub Committee scheduled on February 17 to discuss the pending issues arising out of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014.
- MEGHALAYA CM Conrad K Sangma on 12 Feb flagged off Six Specialized Mobile Vaccination Units at Tura Civil Hospital, Tura, West Garo Hills district in collaboration with the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
- TAMIL NADU govt decides to reopen nursery & play schools from Wednesday; Schools also re-open in Uttar Pradesh from Monday.
- WEST BENGAL : Voting ends peacefully in four municipal corporations. Siliguri 71.87, Chandannagar 71.49, Bidhannagar 72.02, Asansol 71.67. The State Election Commission said, polls were peaceful throughout the day.
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee has constituted a 19-member national working committee. The committee includes her nephew Abhishek Banerjee and Kolkata Mayor Firhad Hakim but excludes senior leaders Derek O’Brien and Saugata Roy. The committee was formed amid reports of a rift between Mamata and Abhishek over his push to ‘One Man, One Post’ policy
💷 GBP 102.56
BSE Sensex 58,152.92
NIFTY : 17,374.75
- Industrialist and former chairman of Bajaj Group, Rahul Bajaj passed away on Saturday afternoon at Pune, Maharashtra. He was 83. According to a statement from Bajaj Group Mr. Bajaj was suffering from pneumonia and cardiac problem.
- Market regulator Sebi in 11 Feb banned Anil Ambani, three of his associates and Reliance Home Finance, one of his former group companies, from the market for three months for misusing funds of the company and diverting it to other group entities to pay off debt. Ambani and the others – Amit Bapna, Ravindra Sudhalkar, Pinkesh R Shah – were also restrained from associating with any listed entities.
- The case relates to misuse of funds of Reliance Home Finance, for which its then auditors PriceWaterhouse & Co (PwC) had refused to sign the annual accounts and then resigned.
Upcoming Bollywood Hindi Movies Feb-Mar 2022 –
24 Feb Valimai
25 Feb Gangubai Kathiawadi
25 Feb Love Hoste25 Febl
04 Mar Jhund
11 Mar The Kashmir Files
11 Mar Radhe Shyam
18 Mar Bachchan Pandey
25 Mar RRR
- A 44 member contingent of Indian Air Force, IAF has reached Changi International Airport Singapore on 12 Feb to participate in the ‘Singapore Air Show-2022’. The Air Show will be held from 15th to 18th of this month.
- Indigenous Tejas MK-I Aircraft to participate in Singapore Air Show-2022: The participation of Indian Air Force in the Air Show provides India with the opportunity to showcase the Tejas aircraft and to interact with counterparts from Royal Singapore Air Force and other participating contingents.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India sends medical supplies to Pacific island nation of Kiribati : India has sent a consignment of medical supplies containing PPEs and medications to the Pacific Island country.
- Atal Tunnel enters World Book of Records as ‘Longest Highway Tunnel Above 10,000Ft’
Atal Tunnel has officially been certified by the World Book of Records, as the ‘World’s Longest Highway Tunnel Above 10,000 Feet’, the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has said. BRO DG Lieutenant General Rajeev Chaudhry received the certificate this week. The tunnel, which is 9.02 km long and connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti in Himachal Pradesh, was inaugurated in 2020.
- Isro all set for PSLV-C52 launch:
An Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle is preparing to soar into orbit Sunday with an Indian radar imaging satellite and two rideshare payloads, including one built in the United States in partnership with science institutes in India, Singapore, and Taiwan.
The nearly 146-foot-tall (44.4-meter) launch vehicle is poised to take off at 7:29 p.m. EST 13 Feb (Sunday) (0029 GMT Monday) with India’s EOS 4 Earth observation satellite. The PSLV is stacked for liftoff from the Satish Dhawan Space Center on India’s east coast. Located on Sriharikota Island north of Chennai. India has launched just three PSLV flights in the last two years.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia-Ukraine crisis: UK asks citizens to Leave Ukraine in next 48 hrs
:: Britain has asked its nationals in Ukraine to leave the country in the next 48 hours as Russia could invade any day now. The UK Foreign Office’s warning came as the US said that Russia is ready to invade the country.
- US national security adviser Jake Sullivan said Russia was in the position to be able to mount a major military operation in Ukraine any day now and it could start with an intense aerial bombing. But he stressed the US did not know whether President Vladimir Putin had made a final decision.
- US President Joe Biden calls upon American citizens remaining in Ukraine to leave country immediately.
- The military govt of Myanmar announced pardon for more than 800 prisoners on the occasion of the country’s 75th Union Day on Saturday. Most of the people released on this occasion will be from the prisons of the commercial hub at Yangon.
- Black Hawk helicopter, a US military icon, flew without a pilot on board for the first time in Kentucky. The specially equipped chopper flew for 30 minutes through a simulated cityscape, avoiding imagined buildings before performing a perfect landing.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Saturday announced that America plans to reopen an embassy in the Solomon Islands after 29 years.
- Saudi embassy in Ukraine on Saturday urged its citizens to contact it for facilitating their departure from the country.
- PRO KABADDI
Telugu Titans 31
Puneri Paltan 5
- 1 Match 111
U Mumba 37
Bengal Warriors 27
- Match 110
Tamil Thalaivas 31
Dabang Delhi K.C. 32
- Women’s Cricket, New Zealand, defeated India by 62 runs in the first One Day International in Queenstown. Chasing a target of 276 runs set by New Zealand, India were all out for 213 in 49.4 overs. Mithali raj scored 59 rus and Yastika Bhatia scored 41 for the visitors. And Jess Kerr took four wickets for 35 runs for the hosts. Earlier, put into bat, the hosts were all out for 275 runs in 48.1 overs.
- The ten IPL franchises spent ₹ 388.10 crore to buy 74 players on first day of the IPL 2022 mega auction on Saturday. DC and SRH have taken their squad strength to 13 players each after Day 1, while Mumbai Indians have taken their squad strength to 8 players. The second day of the auction will begin at 12 pm today.
- For the three-Test tour of the West Indies next month, England appointed Paul Collingwood as interim head coach. The appointment comes after former head coach Chris Silverwood and managing director Ashley Giles were sacked last week, following England’s 4-0 Ashes defeat to Australia.
- Avesh Khan becomes most expensive uncapped player in IPL history : Pacer Avesh Khan has become the most expensive uncapped player in IPL history after being bought by Lucknow Super Giants for ₹ 10 crore. The previous most expensive uncapped player in IPL was Krishnappa Gowtham, who was bought by CSK for ₹ 9.25 crore in IPL 2021 auction. Avesh, a former Delhi Capitals player, has taken 29 wickets in 25 IPL matches.
- Sunil Chhetri became the first player to score 50 Indian Super League (ISL) goals in history of the tournament. Bengaluru FC captain achieved this feat in 110 matches. Chhetri scored his 50th goal in 87th minute in his side’s 1-2 loss against Hyderabad FC on Friday. He overtook Hyderabad forward Bartholomew Ogbeche, who has scored 49 goals in 72 games
- Winter Olympics 2022: Day 8. Beijing 2022: medal table
- Germany: Gold 8 Silver 5 Bronze 1 (14)
- Norway: Gold 8 Silver 4 Bronze 5 (17)
- USA: Gold 5 Silver 5 Bronze 1 (11)
- Netherlands: Gold 5 Silver 4 Bronze 2 (11)
- Sweden: Gold 5 Silver 2 Bronze 3 (10)
- Austria: Gold 4 Silver 6 Bronze 4 (14)
- China: Gold 4 Silver 3 Bronze 1 (8)
Poland: Gold 0 Silver 0 Bronze 1 (1)
- UKRAINE : Capital
and largest city : Kyiv
- President : Volodymyr Zelensky
• Prime Minister
Currency : The hryvnia, hryvna,
1 Ukrainian hryvnia equals
2.68 Indian Rupee
CM : N. Rangaswamy
Lt Gvnr : Tamilisai Soundararajan
🥇 Gold ₹ 49,510 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 94.94
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.17
LPG : ₹912/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Dowry system in India? .
In India, it has its roots in medieval times when a gift in cash or kind was given to a bride by her family to maintain her independence after marriage. During the colonial period, it became the only legal way to get married, with the British making the practice of dowry mandatory.
India reports the highest total number of dowry deaths with 8,391 such deaths reported in 2010, meaning there are 1.4 deaths per 100,000 women. The Dowry Prohibition Act of 1961 prohibits the request, payment or acceptance of a dowry, “as consideration for the marriage”, where “dowry” is defined as a gift demanded or given as a precondition for a marriage. Gifts given without a precondition are not considered dowry, and are legal. Asking or giving of dowry can be punished by an imprisonment of up to six months, or a fine of up to ₹ 5,000 (US$66, £49 or A$90).
( Stop Dowry System Refer : https://fightdowrysystemforgood.blogspot.com/search?q=Follow)
😀 Thought of the day
Every day may not be good… but there’s something good in every day
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu Sharab peete peete Rone Laga.🍺🍻 😩😫
Frnd : Kya hua Ro Q
Pappu : Yaar Jis Ladki ko Bhulane ke Liye Pee raha tha Uska Naam Yaad Nahin Aa Raha.🙄😍😫
Scientific reason behind wearing bangles for girls?
Normally the wrist portion is in constant activation is not an on any human. Also, the pulse beat in this portion is mostly checked for all sorts of ailments. The Bangles used by women are normally in the wrist part of one’s arm, and its constant friction increases the blood circulation level. And, the electricity passing out through the outer skin is again reverted to one’s own body because of the ring-shaped bangles, which have no ends to pass the energy outside but to send it back to the body.
क्रोधः प्रीतिं प्रणाशयति मानो विनयनाशनः ।
माया मित्त्राणि नाशयति लोभः सर्वविनाशनः ॥
krōdhaḥ prītiṃ praṇāśayati mānō vinayanāśanaḥ ।
māyā mittrāṇi nāśayati lōbhaḥ sarvavināśanaḥ ॥
Meaning : Anger destroys love, pride destroys modesty, hypocrisy destroys friendship, while avarice destroys everything.
भावार्थ : क्रोध प्रेम को नष्ट कर देता है, अभिमान विनय को नष्ट कर देता है, पाखंड मित्रता को नष्ट कर देता है, जबकि लोभ(लालच) सब कुछ नष्ट कर देता है।
अश्व : Horse,
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does a electric heater works
Basically electric water heater is nothing but the conversion of current into heat. What does the water heater do? It restricts the flow of electric current through the rod by applying high resistance so heat is generated and flow through the water which causes water to boil.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
13 February – World Radio Day
World Radio Day is celebrated on 13 February to raise awareness about the importance of Radio. In several countries, it is the primary source for providing information.
The Sputnik 1 spacecraft was the first artificial satellite successfully placed in orbit around the Earth and was launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome at Tyuratam (370 km southwest of the small town of Baikonur) in Kazakhstan, then part of the former Soviet Union.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sarojini Naidu (13 Feb 1879 – 2 Mar 1949) was an Indian political activist and poet.
A proponent of civil rights, women’s emancipation, and anti-imperialistic ideas, she was an important figure in India’s struggle for independence from colonial rule.
Naidu’s work as a poet earned her the sobriquet of Nightingale of India. Born in a Bengali family in Hyderabad, Naidu was educated in Chennai, London and Cambridge.
Following her time in England, where she worked as a suffragist, she was drawn to Indian National Congress’ Hindu movement for India’s independence from the British rule.
She was appointed the President of the Indian National Congress in 1925 and later became the Governor of the United Provinces in 1947, becoming the first woman to hold the office of Governor in the dominion of India.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
To get bent out of shape To get upset
Deliberate – Planned
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Symbolic meaning of the Chariot and charioteers in the Bhagavad Gita ..
The chariot represents the physical body
The 5 horses each representing one of our senses: Sight, Hearing, Taste, Touch, Smell
The reins symbolize the mind. Our mind is connected to the senses and can drive our senses
The charioteer represents the intellect
The passenger represent the soul
Krishna represents the super soul or the inner witness
With this symbolism, our purpose in life as human beings is to use our mind and intellect to take the chariot (body) to the destination. The destination is understanding life and attaining enlightenment.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Boosts Immune System
The amazing ingredient, eugenol in clove is very effective against many harmful bacteria, fungus, and virus. The anti-viral and blood purification potential of clove decrease the toxicity in blood and increase the resistance against diseases by stimulating white blood cells.
Reduces Body Pain And Inflammation
The eugenol in cloves possess strong anti-inflammatory properties and helps ease pain by stimulating pain receptors in the body. Clove oil or extract provides relief from arthritis, inflammation and any pain in general.
Clove oil is an effective remedy for dental pain, toothaches, sore gums, and mouth ulcers due to its germicidal properties. As per the American Dental Association clove oil has been approved as a dental anaesthetic.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼