𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕Here b
𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
13 Dec (Monday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Agrahayana 24, (Purnimanta)
Agrahayana 9 (Amanta)
Titi: Dashami (up to 9:33 pm) Ekadashi
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Rahu Kaal : 08:22 AM – 09:42 AM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- The Union Govt has said that more than 140 crore 20 lakh COVID vaccine doses have been provided to States and Union Territories so far. Health Ministry said that over 17 crore 93 lakh unutilized vaccine doses are still available with the States and UTs to be administered.
- The nation will pay homage to the martyrs today (13 Dec) who sacrificed their lives while defending Parliament House in the terrorist attack on 13th December in 2001. A function to pay floral tributes to the martyrs will be organised today at Parliament House complex.
- National Helpline against Atrocities on Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes to be launched today. The Social Justice and Empowerment will launch the helpline with an aim to ensure proper implementation of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act which was enacted with a view to preventing atrocities on members of SCs and STs. The Helpline will be available round the clock on toll-free number- 14566.
- As a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, a week-long event, “Celebrating Innovation Ecosystem”, to be hosted by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), is proposed to be held in January, 2022. The event will mark the 6th anniversary of the launch of the Startup India initiative.
- PM Modi inaugurated the Saryu Canal National Project at Balrampur district in Uttar Pradesh. The project will facilitate irrigation to over 14 lakh hectares of land in nine districts of eastern Uttar Pradesh benefitting about 29 lakh farmers. He also said,the PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojna has been extended till Holi next year.
- India to send manned deep sea mission to find hidden minerals in 2024 ::India has announced to send the country’s first-ever manned deep sea mission under Mission Samudrayan in 2024. “Three scientists will be sent at a depth of five kilometres in the sea to find hidden mineral deposits,” said Union Minister of State for Science and Technology Jitendra Singh. Earlier, the preliminary design for the deep sea vehicle MATSYA 6000 was completed.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : Lance Naik B Sai Teja, who lost his life in a helicopter crash along with CDS General Bipin Rawat and 11 others in Tamil Nadu, was laid to rest in his native village Yeguvaregadi in Chittoor district on Sunday afternoon. Teja’s younger brother Chaitanya, who is also an Army jawan, performed the last rites as hundreds of villagers chanted Jai Jawan and Bharat Mata ki Jai and bid a tearful farewell.
- GOA : Aam Aadmi Party has said that it won’t form an alliance with TMC for the Goa Assembly polls.
- KARNATAKA Home Minister Araga Jnanendra visited the Command Hospital in Bengaluru where IAF Group Captain Varun Singh, the lone survivor of the IAF chopper crash, is undergoing treatment. Officials had earlier said that the officer’s health is critical but stable. Thirteen other officials in the chopper, including CDS General Bipin Rawat, were killed in the crash on Wednesday.
- KERALA Health Minister Veena George on Sunday confirmed the first case of Omicron variant in the state, taking the case tally in India to 38. She detailed that a UK returnee had tested positive for the new variant on his arrival in Kochi. Earlier on Sunday, Andhra Pradesh and Chandigarh also reported their first respective cases of the Omicron variant.
- RAJASTHAN : All India Congress Committee organised ‘Mahangai Hatao Maharally’ at Vidyadhar Nagar Stadium in Jaipur in Rajasthan on Sunday. Apart from Congress interim President Sonia Gandhi, many senior leaders of the party including Rahul Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury participated in this rally. Addressing the gathering, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi said, the rally is on the issue of inflation and unemployment.
- Sikkim’s Tourism Board has imposed a ban on single-use plastic, including packaged mineral water bottles, from 2022 to conserve the environment. UTTAR PRADESH : PM Modi will be on a two-day visit to Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh from 13 Dec (today) where he will inaugurate Shri Kashi Vishwanath Dham. It constructed at a cost of around 339 crore rupees. A total of 23 buildings will be inaugurated in the first phase of the project.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath on Sunday launched the Nishulk Khadyan Vitaran (Free Food Distribution) programme, aiming to provide free food to the state’s poor till Holi next year. The programme has been launched under the National Food Security Act. “The scheme is being implemented in a transparent way,” said CM Adityanath during the programme’s launch.
- Depositors’ money amounting to 1300 crore rupees stuck for years, returned in last few days, says PM Modi; Addresses programme on Guaranteed Time-bound Deposit Insurance Payment in New Delhi. The Prime Minister remarked that banks play a major role in the prosperity of the country and for the prosperity of the banks, it is equally important for the depositors’ money to be safe.
- Shaktikanta Das begins his extended 3-year term as RBI Governor. He has become the first RBI Governor to get a second term since PM Narendra Modi-led government came into power in 2014. The reappointment is effective for three years beyond December 10, 2021.
Birthday today : Venkatesh Daggubati or Victory Venkatesh or Venkatesh (born 13 December 1960) is an Indian film actor known for his works predominantly in Telugu cinema. He has the highest number of Nandi awards for best actor, of which he has won seven.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said, the government is leaving no stone unturned to strengthen the Armed Forces. He said, the creation of the post of Chief of Defence Staff and Department of Military Affairs are some of the reforms that will cater to the future needs of the Armed Forces. He spoke after inaugurating the Swarnim Vijay Parv at India Gate in Delhi on 13 Dec.
- The two-day Vijay Parv has been organised to commemorate 50 years of India’s historic victory in the 1971 War and the Indo-Bangladesh friendship.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday paid tributes to Lieutenant Colonel Harjinder Singh who died in the Tamil Nadu chopper crash. The wife and daughters of the officer paid their last respect to him at Brar Square Crematorium in Delhi Cantonment. Indian Army chief General M M Naravane, Indian Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari, Indian Navy chief Admiral R Hari Kumar, and other military officers also paid tributes to Lieutenant Colonel Harjinder Singh.
- The Border Security Force (BSF) is organizing a series of events to mark 50 years of India’s historic victory in the 1971 War leading to the liberation of Bangladesh and the Indo-Bangladesh friendship. A joint cultural programme with Bangladesh was organised by the BSF at the Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Agartala in Tripura on Sunday.
- The mobile phone of Joe, who captured a video that apparently showed the IAF helicopter carrying CDS General Bipin Rawat before it crashed in Tamil Nadu, has been sent for forensic analysis. Joe had gone to Katteri with his friends and captured the video ‘out of curiosity’. Police are also probing why the group went to the dense forest region.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India and Russia recently inked 28 agreements to further broad-base their partnership and vowed to expand cooperation and coordination in dealing with major challenges like the threat of terrorism and the unfolding situation in Afghanistan.
- India and Russia signed an agreement for joint production of over six lakh AK-203 assault rifles at a manufacturing facility in Uttar Pradesh’s Amethi besides firming up another pact on military cooperation for 10 years.
- The rifles will be manufactured for the Indian armed forces at a cost of around ₹ 5000 crore. The agreement were signed at the 20th meeting of the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Military and Military-Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-M&MTC).
- India exploring possibility of inviting leaders of central Asian countries to grace R-Day celebrations : India is holding a conference of Foreign Ministers from all five Central Asian countries this week, where External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar is expected to discuss the possibility of their heads of government attending next year’s Republic Day celebrations.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Israeli PM pays first visit to UAE amid Iran-US nuclear talks :: Naftali Bennett became the first PM from Israel to visit the UAE. “He’ll meet Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on Monday,” stated an Israeli statement. The statement added that the two leaders will discuss vital economic and military issues on Sunday. This comes amid tensions between Iran and the world powers over the nuclear deal.
- Several buildings collapse in Italy due to gas explosion , 4 dead
At least four people died and several others were missing after several buildings collapsed in Sicilian town of Ravanusa in Italy due to a gas explosion on 11 Dec, Saturday.
- 4 dead, 7 missing after cargo ship sinks off China’s coast in Shandong province on Sunday. Rescuers have rescued three people and a helicopter and a vessel were dispatched to search for seven missing crew members. A total of 14 crew members were onboard the ship when it sank.
- Austria on Sunday ended the coronavirus lockdown restrictions for people who’ve been vaccinated against COVID-19 or have recovered from the virus in most of the country.
- Asian Rowing Championship : India win one gold, 3 silvers on final day. Senior rower Arvind Singh bagged a gold in the lightweight men’s single sculls event while his compatriots won three silver medals as India signed off from the Asian Rowing Championship on a high note in Ban Chang, Thailand on Sunday (12 Dec).
- Indian cricket team likely to leave for South Africa on December 16, to spend 44 days in bio-bubble. India will be locking horns with South Africa in 3 Tests and 3 ODIs.
- The tennis fraternity paid their condolences after Manuel Santana, one of Spain’s greatest sporting heroes, passed away aged 83 on Saturday in Marbella. Honorary President of the Madrid Open, after being its director since 2002, Santana was one of the most important athletes in Spain in the 20th century.
HARYANA : Chandigarh
CM : Manohar Lal Khattar
Gvnr : Bandaru Dattatreya
🥇Gold ₹49,020@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 95.47 Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 86.69 Ltr
LPG : ₹918/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 58,786.57
NIFTY : 17,511.30
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
13 Dec: Attack on Parliament House from dastardly terror attack on this day in 2001. The 2001 Indian Parliament attack was a terrorist attack at the Parliament of India in New Delhi on 13 December 2001. The perpetrators were Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed, two terrorist organizations were involved.
The attack led to the deaths of six Delhi Police personnel, two Parliament Security Service personnel, and a gardener – in total 9 – and led to increased tensions between India and Pakistan, resulting in the 2001–02 India–Pakistan standoff. The 5 terrorists were killed outside the parliament.
😀Thought of the day
The struggle ends when gratitude begin
JOKE OF THE DAY
पति को बीवी की बनाई पनीर की सब्जी में
पनीर ढूंढने से भी नहीं मिल रहा था…!
हिम्मत करके पूछा तो बीवी बोली-
चुपचाप खा लो, सब्जी का नाम ही
‘खोया पनीर’ है…!!!
Darjeeling is one of the district in West Bengal. The name ‘Darjeeling‘ came from the Tibetan words, ‘dorje’ meaning thunderbolt (originally the scepter of Indra) and ‘ling’ a place or land, hence ‘the land of the thunderbolt’
Excuse me कृपया क्षम्यताम् (kṛpayā kṣamyatām)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Thermocol is prepared
Thermocol contains an important thermoplastic compound, called polystyrene which is obtained by the polymerisation of styrene or phenylethene. The chemical properties of phenylethene are identical to polyethene. … Hence thermocol is harmful for the environment.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019
The Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 was passed by the Parliament of India on 11 December 2019. It amended the Citizenship Act, 1955 by providing a pathway to Indian citizenship for persecuted religious minorities from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan who are Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis or Christians, and arrived in India before the end of December 2014. The law does not grant such eligibility to Muslims from these Muslim-majority countries. The act was the first time that religion had been overtly used as a criterion for citizenship under Indian law and attracted global criticism
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar (13 December 1955 – 17 March 2019) was an Indian politician and leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party who served as Chief Minister of Goa from 14 March 2017 until his death. He served in the National Democratic Alliance government under Prime Minister Narendra Modi as Defence Minister of India from 2014 to 2017.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Burn bridges Destroy relationships
Delicate – Fragile
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
KARNAVEDHA is an important tradition in Hinduism. It holds a major significance as it is one of the sixteen major rites a person must perform during the course of his life.This ritual is followed by all castes of Hinduism and it is performed on an auspicious day preferably during the sixth or seventh month or in an odd year, that is third, fifth or seventh year.According to Vedas, this ritual must be performed by both males and females but nowadays it is common among females and few communities’ still demand males to perform this ceremony. This ancient custom has taken a form of a fashion statement these days among young generation
It is usually performed during the sixth month or seventh month or third year or fifth year or 7th year after birth. An auspicious day and auspicious time is chosen for performing the ear piercing ceremony. Special pujas and prayer is done and the ceremony is done under sunlight. Earrings are then offered to the child.
According Hindu scriptures like Dharma Sindhu, Karna Vedha Sanksar must be performed on the 10th, 12th or 16th day after birth of the child. But most people avoid this calculation. They perform it during the 6th or 7th month after birth.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of Carrot 🥕
They’re rich in beta-carotene, a compound your body changes into vitamin A, which helps keep your eyes healthy. And beta-carotene helps protect your eyes from the sun and lowers your chances of cataracts and other eye problems.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼