13 Aug (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 27, (Purnimanta)
Sravana 27, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Ardra (up to 8:26 am) Punarvasu
Tithi : Dwadashi (up to 8:20 am) Trayodashi
Rahu : 05:21 PM – 06:57 PM
Yamaganda : 12:31 PM – 02:08 PM
WEEKEND UPDATES includes LATEST Bills PASSED IN THE PARLIAMENT https://youtu.be/sc3Hh6g21K4
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu has granted assent to the Digital Personal Data Protection Bill, 2023 (DPDP Bill) after it was passed by both Houses of Parliament. The DPDP Bill was passed unanimously by Rajya Sabha on the 9th of August while Lok Sabha passed the Bill on the 7th of August by voice vote.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar interacted with the winners of the Mann Ki Baat Quiz Competition at Upa -Rashtrapati Niwas in New Delhi on Saturday.
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone and inaugurated rail and road projects worth about 4,000 crore rupees in a program organized at Dhana in Sagar, Madhya Pradesh on Saturday.
- Railways Ministry will establish Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras at railway stations across the country.
- Secretary of the Ministry of Culture, Govind Mohan said that Har Ghar Tiranga has become a campaign of unity and prestige of nation. Addressing the media, the Secretary said that more than 2,000 events have been organized under the Har Ghar Tiranga, which will take place across the country from 13th Aug.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade and the Ministry of Commerce with the Ministry of Rural Development launched One District One Product, a program to promote the indigenous crafts and artisans at SARAS Aajeevika Store in New Delhi on Saturday.
- Union Minister Amit Shah lays foundation stone for IFFCO Nano Urea Plant at Gandhidham in Kutch.
- Telangana IT and Industries Minister K Taraka Ramarao has launched India’s first Agricultural Data Exchange (ADeX) and Agriculture Data Management Framework (ADMF) in Hyderabad. The ADeX has been developed as a digital public infrastructure (DPI) for the agriculture sector and is a collaboration between the State Government, the World Economic Forum, and the Indian Institute of Science.
- The 69th edition of the iconic Nehru Trophy Boat race has kicked off in Alappuzha’s Punnamada Lake. This year’s race has a total of 72 boats over nine categories, including 19 snake boats (chundan vallams).
- In Jammu and Kashmir, the Department of Information and Public Relations (DIPR), Jammu, Directorate of Tourism Jammu, in collaboration with Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art Culture and Languages (JKAACL) are going to host a scintillating cultural event on August 13, at Central Park Bahu Plaza, Jammu.
- NCERT has established a 19-member National Syllabus and Teaching Learning Material Committee (NSTC), chaired by NIEPA chancellor MC Pant, to revise textbooks for classes 3 to 12.
- The Department of Space (DoS) is coordinating the integration of NavIC (Navigation in Indian Constellation), India’s indigenous satellite navigation system, with Aadhaar enrolment devices. NavIC, comprising seven satellites, is India’s equivalent of the American GPS, providing positioning and navigation services.
- ISRO releases images of the Earth and the Moon captured by the Chandrayaan-3.
- Nine Rajya Sabha members retired on Friday out of whom four have been re-elected.
- Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar from the BJP and three members from the Trinamool Congress — Sukhendu Sekhar Ray, Derek O’ Brien and Dola Sen — have been re-elected to the Rajya Sabha.
- Tamil Nadu Governor R N Ravi on Saturday categorically asserted he will never clear the state government’s anti-National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) bill, even as it is now awaiting the President’s assent, drawing strong response from the ruling Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and its ally Communist Party of India.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued a red alert for Uttarakhand for the upcoming two days.
- Recently Justice Subhasis Talapatra has taken the oath as the 33rd Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- The NIA arrested Shamil Saquib Nachan in connection with the Pune ISIS module case for his alleged active involvement in promoting terrorist activities of terror group ISIS. This is the sixth arrest by the NIA in the case.
- Former special CBI judge Sudhir Parmar has been arrested in a money laundering case, Enforcement Directorate (ED) is investigating the money laundering case linked to a corruption case registered by the Haryana anti-corruption bureau (ACB) against Parmar, an additional sessions judge-rank judicial officer who was also holding the charge of special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court before he was suspended.
- Enforcement Directorate on Saturday filed a nearly 3,000-page charge sheet against Tamil Nadu minister V Senthil Balaji as part of a continuing money laundering investigation against him and his aides.
- Nagpur’s BJP leader, Sana Khan Murder: Body Still Missing. 10 days ago, her husband, Amit Sahu, was apprehended on Friday for her murder in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 82.96
GBP ₹ 105.31
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,322.65 −365.53 (0.56%) 🔻
NIFTY: 19,428.30 −114.80 (0.59%) 🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- The gross direct tax collection has registered growth of around 16 per cent to 6 lakh 53 thousand crore rupees compared to corresponding period last year. The Central Board of Direct Taxes, CBDT said.
- Indian tele communications major, Reliance Jio has completed the work related to connecting Maldives with a High Speed Optic Fibre cable.
- Subhash Runwal, Chairman of Runwal, a leading real estate developer with a legacy of over four decades, has been recognized with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Government employee unions have organized a massive rally in Delhi, named the “Pension Rights Maharally,” to voice their demand for the reinstatement of the Old Pension Scheme. The rally was orchestrated by the Joint Forum for Restoration of Old Pension Scheme (JFROPS)/National Joint Council of Action (NJCA), representing central and state departments’ employees. The event took place at Ramlila Maidan on August 10.
- The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has approved the merger between Zee Entertainment Enterprises and Culver Max Entertainment to form a $10 billion entity.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) approved the appointment of Amit Jhingran as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer for SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) Awards once again took center stage, honouring the finest cinematic gems from the Indian film industry. The 14th Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) Awards were held in Melbourne, Australia, on 11 August, honouring the best of film and OTT content from India globally.
- BIRTHDAY OF SRIDEVI
Shree Amma Yanger Ayyappan (13 August 1963 – 24 February 2018), known professionally as Sridevi, was an Indian actress who worked in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada language films.
- (a) Born at Meenampatti, Madras.
- (b) Sridevi made her debut as a child in the 1967 Tamil film Kandhan Karunai at the age of four.
- (c) She made her Hindi film debut at the age of nine in Rani Mera Naam (1972).
- (d) Her first role as a teen-adult came in 1976 at age 13, when she was cast in the Tamil film Moondru Mudichu.
- (e) Sridevi’s first starring role in Hindi cinema came with the drama film Solva Sawan (1979).
- MOM was Sridevi’s last movie as a lead actress, although she was last seen in a special appearance in Shah Rukh Khan’s Zero.
- (f) She was married to film producer Boney Kapoor in 1996, with whom she had two children, including actress Janhvi Kapoor.
- (g) Sridevi has overall featured in 92 Telugu films, 74 Tamil films, 72 Hindi films, 25 Malayalam films and 5 Kannada films- which total up to 271 films.
- (h) On 24 February 2018, she was found dead of an accidental drowning in her guest room at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu to launch Navy’s stealth frigate in Kolkata on 17th August. The state-of-the-art ship will be fitted with the latest gadgets and undergo extensive trials before being handed over to the Navy for commissioning into service.
- Built by Defence PSU Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE), this will be the third and last stealth frigate the warship maker was contracted to build for the Navy under Project 17A.
- The Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation Of the year 2023 has been awarded to 140 Police personnel. The award is announced on the 12th of August every year.
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh approved a substantial increase in financial aid across various schemes aimed to strengthen the support systems for the ex-servicemen and their families.
- The multilateral naval exercise Malabar 2023 will begin on 11 August at Sydney in Australia.
- IAF deploys MiG-29 fighter jets at Srinagar base, replacing MiG-21 squadron : The Tridents squadron which is now also known as the ‘Defender of the North’ has replaced the MiG-21 squadron at the Srinagar air base which has traditionally been responsible for taking care of the threat from Pakistan.
- NDA Chowk was dedicated to the nation by Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highway on 12 August 2023. On display at NDA Chowk are tank T – 55 of Indian Army, MIG – 27 fighter aircraft of Indian Airforce and scaled model of aircraft Carrier INS Vikrant of Indian Navy.
- The junction that joins Mumbai-Bangalore National Highway and Pune-Paud Road was renamed NDA Chowk.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah visits border outpost along Indo-Pak border, inaugurates key projects for BSF. The Minister visit to Harami Nala & 1170 pillar which are close to India’s last point in India’s international boundary to review the security situation, in Kutch district of Gujarat.
- Defence ministry team to check feasibility of constructing airport near China border in Himachal: In response to China’s escalating infrastructure development along the border, the Union defense ministry has constituted a three-member expert team to investigate the feasibility of constructing an airport in Rangrik, a village located in the remote Spiti valley of Lahual and Spiti district.
- India is set to press for early disengagement of troops from the remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh at a fresh round of high-level military talks with China on August 14.
- The 19th round of Corps Commander level dialogue is taking place around four months after the last edition of the military talks were held to ease tensions in the region.
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- External Affair Minister Dr.S Jaishankar has said that during the G20 meeting India is trying to put forth the concerns of the Global South at world stage.
- A Chinese naval Warship vessel, ‘Hai Yang 24 Hao,’ arrived in Colombo Port on August 10 for a formal visit, scheduled to dock until August 12. This Visit Raises Diplomatic Queries. It comes a year after a similar event strained Indo-Lanka relations due to diplomatic tensions with India.
- The bilateral trade between India and Angola has grown from 2.14 billion dollars in 2020-21 to 4.22 billion dollars during 2022-23.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Pakistan’s President Dr Arif Alvi has approved the appointment of Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) Senator Anwaar-ul-Haq Kakar as Caretaker Prime Minister of the country.
- In Pakistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Haji Ghulam Ali accepted the resignations of 25 members of the province’s interim cabinet in line with the directives issued by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP)
- At least seven people have been killed when a mosque in the city of Zaria collapsed during prayers in Nigeria.
- Russian Far East, nine municipalities on Saturday (12 August 2023) declared a state of emergency after typhoon Khanun, which damaged Japan earlier this week, caused villages to flood due to torrential rains.
- At least 80 people have died in wildfires on Hawaii’s Maui island, making it the deadliest natural disaster in the USA’s history.
- U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland has announced the appointment of Special Counsel David Weiss in the ongoing investigation of Hunter Biden, the son of Us President Joe Biden.
- A security alert on Saturday prompted the evacuation of three floors of the Eiffel Tower in central Paris following a bomb threat.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- ASIAN CHAMPIONS: In Hockey Team INDIA
beat Malaysia by 4-3 in Final; Lift the Asian Champions Trophy
- On 12 Aug, Saturday
West Indies vs India
4th T20I at Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida
India won by 9 wkts
- WI – 178/8 (20)
- IND – 179/1 (17)
- Player of the Match: Yashasvi Jaiswal
- On Aug 13, Sunday
- West Indies vs India
- 5th T20I at Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida
- 20:00 IST / 14:30 GMT
JAPAN: Tokyo (Capital)
Prime Minister : Fumio Kishida
Population: 12.54 cr
Currency: Japanese yen (¥)
01 Japanese Yen equals: 0.57 Indian Rupee
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
An Indian who first flew a plane in 1895′ Move over Wright brothers — it was Shivkar Bapuji Talpade who first flew a flying machine over Chowpatty in 1895, eight years before the American siblings Wright brothers.
😀Thought of the day
Life is about making an impact, not making an income
JOKE OF THE DAY
Nurse* :- Apke Judwa Bachhe Hue Hai
Pappu :- Ye toh hona hi tha, program hi aise dekhti thi. INDIAN IdOL 2
NACH BALIYE 2
Nurse :- Aacha hua Delhi 6 Nahi Dekha🤪😆
WHY VOLCANOES ERUPT 🌋*
Volcanoes erupt when molten rock called magma rises to the surface.
When a part of the earth’s upper mantle or lower crust melts, magma forms . A volcano is essentially an opening or a vent through which this magma and the dissolved gases it contains are discharged.
Main reasons for volcano Eruption : The buoyancy of the magma, the pressure from the exsolved gases in the magma and the injection of a new batch of magma into an already filled magma chamber.
The Eruption temperature of lava is aprox about 1,170 degrees Celsius (2,140 degrees Fahrenheit). In general, temperatures range from about 4,400° Celsius (7,952° Fahrenheit) to about 6,000° Celsius (10,800° Fahrenheit). The core is made of two layers: the outer core, which borders the mantle, and the inner core. The boundary separating these regions is called the Bullen discontinuity.
In India Vaocanos are at:-
- Barren Island: Andaman Islands
- Narcondam Andaman Islands
- Baratang: Andaman Islands
- Deccan Traps: Maharashtra.
संस्कृतं सुलभम्। अतः अहं संस्कृतं पठामि।
sanskrtan sulabham. atah ahan sanskrtan pathatami
(Sanskrit is easy. So, I am studying Sanskrit.)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Do a person’s hair and fingernails continue to grow after death?*
After death, dehydration causes the skin and other soft tissues to shrink. This occurs while the hair and nails remain the same length. This change in the body creates the optical illusion of growth people observe.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Tungsten metals is mostly used for filaments of electric bulbs?*
Resistance to high temperatures. Of all metals in their purest form, tungsten has the highest melting point (3422°C).
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz ( 13 Aug 1926 – 25 Nov 2016) was a Cuban revolutionary, lawyer and politician who was the leader of Cuba from 1959 to 2008, serving as the prime minister of Cuba from 1959 to 1976 and president from 1976 to 2008. Ideologically a Marxist–Leninist & Cuban nationalist, he also served as the first secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba from 1961 until 2011. Under his administration, Cuba became a one-party communist state.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
By and By: When something happens slowly or takes a long time.
जब कोई चीज धीरे–धीरे होती है या उतना ही समय लेती है।
Busy × Idle
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
During Navaratri all Hindus across the nation worship goddess Durga, but people in Manali worship Hidimba Devi.
Hidimbi was a demoness, who fell in love with Bhima when he took shelter in a forest along with his four brothers and mother. The Pandava brothers – Yudhishthira, Bhima, Arjuna, Nakula and Sahadeva – along with their mother Kunti were in exile when they came in contact with Hidimbi, the sister of a demon named Hidimba. He was killed by Bhima and this is recounted in the 9th sub-parva (Hidimba-vadha Parva) of the Adi Parva.
After the death of her brother, Hidimba wanted to marry Bhima. Bhima refused and wanted to kill Hidimba as well, but Kunti interfered.
Kunti’s acceded to Hidimba’s proposal, but on one condition. Once She had a child from Bhima, She must allow Bhima to leave her and join Pandavas.
Within a year, Hidimbi gives birth to a huge half-rakshasa son, who is named Ghatotkacha, because his bald head looks like a pot. Ghatotkacha greatly loves the Pandavas and they are enamored with him.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Since lassi is churned out of yogurt or dahi, it is said to be quite beneficial for our digestive system.
Prevents Stomach Problems Like Bloating.
Improves Bone health.
Lassi is a popular drink among the weight-conscious people. It is often included as a part of the weight loss diet because it contains all the nutrients and is low in calories. Lassi helps in burning belly fat, which usually covers the inside walls of the stomach.
Note: _Do not eat curd at night, especially if you are prone to cough and cold. Ayurveda explains that curd consumption at night is not good as it leads to mucus development. But if you can’t do without it, opt for buttermilk instead.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
*🙏PLZ SHARE IT