13 Aug (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Bhadrapada 1 (Purnimata)/ Sravana 16(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Shatabhisha (11:28 pm) Purva Bhadrapada
Tithi : Dwitiya / Tritiya
RahuKaal: 09:18 AM – 10:55 AM
VEDIK GYAN: https://youtu.be/LeMSNLeNsw8
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 207 crore mark.
- Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar launched the ‘SMILE: Support for Marginalised Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise’ initiative in New Delhi.
- The Initiative aims to make cities, towns and municipal areas begging-free and make a strategy for comprehensive rehabilitation of the persons engaged in the act of begging through the coordinated action of various stakeholders. The Ministry has allocated a total budget of a hundred crore rupees for the project till 2025-26.
- The “Badhe Chalo’- Lehra Do, Har Gahr Tiranga Fehra Do’ campaign culminated with the Grand Finale event in the presence of Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur and Culture Minister G Kishan Reddy at the Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi.
- Ministry of Railways has said that a fictitious message is being circulated in media regarding recruitment for nine thousand posts for Constable in Railway Protection Force, RPF. It said, no such notification has been issued by RPF or the Ministry of Railways on their official websites or through any print or electronic media.
- Union Minister of State for fisheries L. Murugan has said that Centre will implement projects worth 20 thousand crore rupees in the coastal states of the country.
- National Intellectual Property Awareness Mission, (NIPAM) has achieved target of imparting Intellectual Property awareness and basic training to ten lakh students.
- The mission was launched in December last year as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations. During this period three thousand 662 educational institutions in 28 States and seven Union Territories were covered.
- Tales of valour of Indian soldiers would soon be made part of the school textbooks, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, said.
- ANDHRA PRADESH govt has banned the use of a few words in the local slang that are derogatory to the Nayee Brahmin community. “Any person using such abusive and prohibited words…shall be liable for action under the…Indian Penal Code,” the order said.
- BIHAR CM Nitish Kumar ties Rakhis to trees in Patna on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan to spread awareness on environmental conservation.
- DELHI Metro Rail Corporation DMRC has said that parking facilities will not be available at the Delhi Metro stations from 6 AM on Sunday 14th August 2022 till 2 PM on Monday 15th August in view of the security measures adopted on the occasion of Independence Day.
- GUJARAT : 24 Pakistani refugees get Indian citizenship in Gujarat’s Rajkot. Gujarat Minister of State for Home Harsh Sanghavi handed over citizenship certificates to them.
- J&K : Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha flagged off the ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ rally at the iconic Dal Lake in Srinagar.
- KERALA : CPI(M)-backed independent Kerala MLA KT Jaleel called Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) “Azad Kashmir” in a Facebook post, after his visit to Srinagar. He also criticised the Centre’s decision to abrogate Article 370 and said, “The special status was taken away without their consent”. The BJP has reacted by calling Jaleel “anti-India” and asked for him to be booked for sedition.
- ODISHA CM Naveen Patnaik on Friday launched Deo and Subarnarekha irrigation projects in Mayurbhanj district and also laid the foundation stone for many developmental projects.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) announced on Friday that entry to the premises of Taj Mahal will remain free and accessible for all visitors from August 13-15.
- BIHAR : Seven people died in hooch tragedy in different localities under Garkha police station area of Saran district of Bihar.
- The NIA on Friday arrested 28-year-old Shaikh Shakeel for his alleged involvement in the murder of pharmacist Umesh Kolhe in Maharashtra’s Amravati. Shakeel is the tenth accused to be arrested in the case. Kolhe was allegedly murdered for supporting suspended BJP leader Nupur Sharma.
- The Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad on Friday arrested terrorist Muhammad Nadeem from Saharanpur. According to the agency, the accused was allegedly in direct contact with Pakistan-based terrorist outfits Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP). He was tasked by JeM to kill Nupur Sharma, who was suspended from the BJP over her controversial remarks on Prophet Muhammad
💷 GBP ₹96.68
BSE Sensex : 59,462.78 +130.18 (0.22%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,698.15 +39.15 (0.22%) 🔼
- The overall coal production has increased by 11.37 percent to over 60 million tonnes during July this year. Of the top 37 coal mines, production of 24 mines was more than one hundred percent during July.
- Retail inflation, based on consumer price index (CPI), eased to 6.71% in July this year compared to 7.01% in preceding month. As per Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation data released, inflation eased mainly due to easing prices in “Food & Beverages” section.
- Index of Industrial Production,IIP eased to 12.3% in June against 19.6% in May this year.
- Noted Kannada singer Shivamogga Subbanna passed away due to heart attack. He was 83 years old.
- Subbanna was the first Kannada singer to win National Award for playback singing for his song ‘Kaadu Kudure Odi Banditta’ sung for the film Kaadu Kudure in 1979
- Sharing a health update about comedian Raju Srivastava who was hospitalised following a heart attack, his family has issued a statement saying his condition is stable. “We are praying for his speedy recovery. The doctors are treating him and are doing their best.
- Aamir faces complaint for allegedly disrespecting INDIAN ARMY in Laal Singh Chaddha
- A complaint has been filed against Aamir Khan and ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ for allegedly disrespecting the Indian Army and hurting Hindu sentiments. A Delhi-based lawyer, in his complaint, stated, “The makers have depicted that a mentally challenged person was allowed to join Army.” He also alleged that a scene in the movie caused “enraged emotions among the Hindu religion followers.
- A contingent of the Indian Air Force left for Malaysia on 12 Aug to participate in a bilateral exercise named Udarashakti. This is the first bilateral exercise being conducted between Indian Air Force and Royal Malaysian Air Force RMAF.
- Indian Air Force is participating in the air exercise with Su-30 MKI and C-17 aircraft while the RMAF will be flying Su 30 MKM aircraft. The four days of exercise will witness the conduct of various aerial combat drills between the two Air Forces.
- 151 Police personnel gets Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation 2022.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi interacted with the Armed Forces personnel who won medals in the the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games
- 15 sports persons from the three services bagged six gold, four silver and five bronze medals for India, out of the total 31 personnel who participated in the Commonwealth Games at Birmingham, United Kingdom held between 28th July 28 and 08th August this year.
- A joint naka party of police and CRPF was fired upon by terrorists in Bijbehara area of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district. One police personnel was injured following the attack. Security forces have cordoned off the area and have launched a massive manhunt to nab the attackers involved in the crime.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India calls for de-escalation of tensions in Taiwan region; India also expressed dissatisfaction over the technical hold by China in the United Nations Security Council to designate Abdul Rauf Asghar, brother of Jaish-e-Mohammed Chief Masood Azhar and deputy chief of the Pakistan-based proscribed terror group as a global terrorist.
- China has once again shielded a Pakistan based global terrorist – Abdul Rauf Azhar from United Nations sanctions despite incontrovertible evidence under the garb of procedures as it has put a hold on a US-India joint proposal at the U.N. Security Council (UNSC) to list Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Renowned Bangladeshi architect, researcher and educator Marina Tabassum became the first person from the global south and first south Asian to win the prestigious Lisbon Triennale Millennium bcp Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Former Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa arrived in Thailand on 11 Aug. evening following his departure from Singapore.
- Author Salman Rushdie, who was stabbed on stage as he was about to give a lecture, is alive and has been airlifted to safety, said New York Governor Kathy Hochul. The author is getting the care he needs at a local hospital, she added. The incident took place at Chautauqua Institution in New York.
- The first Africa-bound United Nations-chartered grain ship since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine docked in Pivdennyi port on Friday, Ukrainian. The ship was hired to carry Ukrainian grain to famine-stricken parts of the Horn of Africa, where 18 million people face severe hunger.
- Seasonal rains and floods have destroyed over 2,500 houses in east Sudan.
- China and Nepal agree to build trans-Himalayan rail network.
- PM Modi to host all the medal winners of the Commonwealth Games 2022 at his official residence in Delhi at 11 AM today.
- In the recently concluded Commonwealth Games 2022, Indian athletes have won 61 medals including 22 gold, 16 silver and 23 bronze. Nearly 200 Indian athletes competed for medals across 16 different sports at the Commonwealth Games held in Birmingham from the 28th of last month to the 8th of this month.
- No Indian player can play or mentor any team in overseas T20 leagues: The BCCI said that no Indian player can take part in any other league until he is retired from all forms of the game. “If any player wants to take part in these upcoming leagues he can only do so when he cuts off all ties with…BCCI,” the BCCI stated.
- Former cricketer VVS Laxman will be the acting head coach of the Indian team for the next week’s ODI series in Zimbabwe.
PUNJAB : Chandigarh
Districts : 23
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CM : Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
🥇Gold ₹53,755 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.87/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 94.76/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,094.00 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
An Indian who first flew a plane in 1895′ Move over Wright brothers — it was Shivkar Bapuji Talpade who first flew a flying machine over Chowpatty in 1895, eight years before the American siblings Wright brothers
😀Thought of the day
Life is about making an impact, not making an income
JOKE OF THE DAY
Nurse* :- Apke Judwa Bachhe Hue Hai
Pappu :- Ye toh hona hi tha, program hi aise dekhti thi. INDIAN IdOL 2
NACH BALIYE 2
Nurse :- Aacha hua Delhi 6 Nahi Dekha🤪😆
WHY VOLCANOES ERUPT 🌋*
Volcanoes erupt when molten rock called magma rises to the surface.
When a part of the earth’s upper mantle or lower crust melts, magma forms . A volcano is essentially an opening or a vent through which this magma and the dissolved gases it contains are discharged.
Main reasons for volcano Eruption : The buoyancy of the magma, the pressure from the exsolved gases in the magma and the injection of a new batch of magma into an already filled magma chamber.
The Eruption temperature of lava is aprox about 1,170 degrees Celsius (2,140 degrees Fahrenheit). In general, temperatures range from about 4,400° Celsius (7,952° Fahrenheit) to about 6,000° Celsius (10,800° Fahrenheit). The core is made of two layers: the outer core, which borders the mantle, and the inner core. The boundary separating these regions is called the Bullen discontinuity.
In India Vaocanos are at:-
- Barren Island: Andaman Islands
- Narcondam Andaman Islands
- Baratang: Andaman Islands
- Deccan Traps: Maharashtra.
संस्कृतं सुलभम्। अतः अहं संस्कृतं पठामि।
sanskrtan sulabham. atah ahan sanskrtan pathatami (Sanskrit is easy. So, I am studying Sanskrit.)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Do a person’s hair and fingernails continue to grow after death?*
After death, dehydration causes the skin and other soft tissues to shrink. This occurs while the hair and nails remain the same length. This change in the body creates the optical illusion of growth people observe.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Tungsten metals is mostly used for filaments of electric bulbs?*
Resistance to high temperatures. Of all metals in their purest form, tungsten has the highest melting point (3422°C).
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz ( 13 Aug 1926 – 25 Nov 2016) was a Cuban revolutionary, lawyer and politician who was the leader of Cuba from 1959 to 2008, serving as the prime minister of Cuba from 1959 to 1976 and president from 1976 to 2008. Ideologically a Marxist–Leninist & Cuban nationalist, he also served as the first secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba from 1961 until 2011. Under his administration, Cuba became a one-party communist state.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
By and By: When something happens slowly or takes a long time.
जब कोई चीज धीरे–धीरे होती है या उतना ही समय लेती है।
Busy × Idle
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
During Navaratri all Hindus across the nation worship goddess Durga, but people in Manali worship Hidimba Devi.
Hidimbi was a demoness, who fell in love with Bhima when he took shelter in a forest along with his four brothers and mother. The Pandava brothers – Yudhishthira, Bhima, Arjuna, Nakula and Sahadeva – along with their mother Kunti were in exile when they came in contact with Hidimbi, the sister of a demon named Hidimba. He was killed by Bhima and this is recounted in the 9th sub-parva (Hidimba-vadha Parva) of the Adi Parva.
After the death of her brother, Hidimba wanted to marry Bhima. Bhima refused and wanted to kill Hidimba as well, but Kunti interfered.
Kunti’s acceded to Hidimba’s proposal, but on one condition. Once She had a child from Bhima, She must allow Bhima to leave her and join Pandavas.
Within a year, Hidimbi gives birth to a huge half-rakshasa son, who is named Ghatotkacha, because his bald head looks like a pot. Ghatotkacha greatly loves the Pandavas and they are enamored with him.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Since lassi is churned out of yogurt or dahi, it is said to be quite beneficial for our digestive system.
Prevents Stomach Problems Like Bloating.
Improves Bone health.
Lassi is a popular drink among the weight-conscious people. It is often included as a part of the weight loss diet because it contains all the nutrients and is low in calories. Lassi helps in burning belly fat, which usually covers the inside walls of the stomach.
Note: _Do not eat curd at night, especially if you are prone to cough and cold. Ayurveda explains that curd consumption at night is not good as it leads to mucus development. But if you can’t do without it, opt for buttermilk instead.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼