12 Oct (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Kartika 03, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Bharani (up to 5:10 pm) Krithika
Tithi: Tritiya/ Chaturthi
RahuKaal: 12:13 PM – 01:40 PM
UNKNOW FACTS https://youtu.be/hoJY_-acvb4
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu will be on a 3-day visit to Tripura and Assam from 12 Oct, will inaugurate Tripura State Judicial Academy and lay the foundation stone for Tripura National Law University at Narsingarh, Agartala.
- Union Minister Smriti Irani releases an operations manual of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao. addressing National Seminar on Skilling in Non-Traditional Livelihood for Girls – Betiyan Bane Kushal in New Delhi
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari launched Toyota’s first of its kind pilot project on Flexi-Fuel Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicles. It will run on 100% petrol as well as 20 to 100% blended ethanol and electric power.
- Union Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav held a virtual meeting with the Environment Ministers of NCR States Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan, National Capital Delhi and Punjab to review the activities being undertaken and planned by the States to manage the issue of air pollution in National Capital Region.
- Congress leader Digvijaya Singh has asked RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav to join the ongoing Bharat Jodo Yatra.
- BIHAR : Union Home Minister Amit Shah paid floral tributes to socialist icon Jayaprakash Narayan on his birth anniversary at his ancestral village Sitabdiara in the Saran district of Bihar. He unveils 14 feet high statue of Lok nayak Jayprakash Narayan.
- GUJARAT : PM Modi lays the foundation stone of various healthcare facilities worth 1275 crore rupees in Civil Hospital Asarwa, Ahmedabad.
- GOA: Forward Party (GFP) President and MLA Vijai Sardesai has claimed that Goa will face a loss of ₹500 crore if tourists from the UK don’t visit the state due to visa restrictions
- MADHY PRADESH : PM Modi inaugurates Shri Mahakal Lok complex at Mahakaleshwar Temple at Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh on 11 Oct.
- MAHARASHTRA : Eknath Shinde faction of Shiv Sena alloted ‘Two Swords and Shield’ symbol by Election Commission. They were allotted party name ‘Balasahebanchi ShivSena’.
- The Shiv Sena faction led by Uddhav Thackeray got the torch (mashaal) symbol. Uddhav Thackeray led party name will be Shiv Sena Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray.
- The TRS on Monday submitted a representation to the Election Commission of India (ECI) seeking deletion of eight symbols from the list of ‘free symbols’ for the Munugode by-elections.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav cremated with full state honours in his native village, Saifai. State government has announced three days mourning on the death of the former chief minister.
The Centre has told the Supreme Court that it wants to pursue a curative petition to provide additional compensation to victims of the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy. As per the petition, the Centre is seeking ₹7,400 crore as an additional fund from successors of US-based Union Carbide. The Supreme Court posted the matter for hearing on January 10, 2023.
💷 GBP ₹90.23
BSE Sensex : 57,147.32 −843.79 (1.46%) 🔻
NIFTY : 16,983.55 −257.45 (1.49%) 🔻
- Indian Railways registers growth of 92% in its revenue earnings in Passenger segment.
- Railways plans to replace fuel-based vehicles with electric vehicles by 2025.
- Top officials of the Department of Telecom (DoT) and IT ministry have called a joint meeting of smartphone companies, including Apple and Samsung, and telecom operators to ensure smooth rollout of 5G.
- Suzlon Group gets 144.9 MW wind power order from Aditya Birla Group.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) modified guidelines for banks to manage foreign currency exposure in times of forex volatility. The RBI said that banks have to provide a 25% point increase in risk weight, if potential exposure from an entity’s unhedged foreign currency exposure is over 75%.
- The government may offer the potential buyer, in the share purchase agreement of IDBI Bank, a free hand in running the bank. The Centre and LIC are divesting 60.72% stake in IDBI Bank.
- ICICI Bank has introduced the Smart Wire, a novel approach to make SWIFT-based inward remittances easier and faster for its customers to conduct inward remittance transactions electronically and without the use of paper.
- The Bombay High Court has reserved its order on a plea filed by actor Salman Khan against a Mumbai court, which had refused to issue him interim relief in a defamation case filed by him against his Panvel farmhouse neighbour Ketan Kakkar
- The trailer of Akshay Kumar’s upcoming film Ram Setu was unveiled by the makers on Tuesday.
- Rahul Koli was very much excited to see “Chhello Show”, India’s official entry to Oscars 2023, on screen, but days before its release the teenage actor who played the character of the friend of the protagonist in the Gujarati film died of leukemia (Blood Cancer).
- The Indian Air Force to induct women officers to fly Light Combat Helicopter fleet.
The women officers are already flying the ALH Dhruv and other helicopters in the fleet.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Tuesday said that India and Australia’s defence, security collaboration has contributed significantly to a free and open Indo-Pacific.
- The US, India and several other world powers have been talking about the need to ensure a free, open and thriving Indo-Pacific in the backdrop of China’s rising military manoeuvring in the region.
- The Indian military is willing to provide operational and cyber-security training to the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
- Recently Swedish defence products company Saab announced that it will manufacture its Carl-Gustaf M4 weapons system in India. It will be the company’s first manufacturing facility for the Carl-Gustaf M4 outside Sweden.
- The National Security Guard (NSG) is hosting the Multinational Joint Anti-Terror Exercise (JATE) under SCO RATS at NSG Manesar Garrison.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India has decided to set up Fast Track Mechanism in UAE to resolve issues faced by Indian businesses and investors in UAE. Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal said in 10th Meeting of the India-UAE High Level Joint Task Force on Investments in Mumbai,
- Indian nationals advised to avoid all non-essential travel to and within Ukraine.
- India has supplied the 13th batch of medical assistance consisting of essential medicines and surgical items to Afghanistan. All items were handed over to authorities of the Indira Gandhi Children Hospital in Kabul.
- The High Commission of India, Dhaka organized a flag-off ceremony for the 100-member Bangladesh Youth Delegation to India, 11th October in Dhaka. The delegation will embark on its visit to India on October 12.
- India and US announced the launch of a new energy task force to support the large-scale integration of renewable energy needed to support the clean energy transition.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia fires 84 missiles on Ukrainian cities, killing 11 people.
- Iran intensified its crackdown on Kurdish areas as protests sparked by the death of a 22-year-old woman detained by the morality police rage on.
- China’s leadership is set for a reshuffle at the upcoming 20th national congress of Communist Party of China (CPC), starting on Oct 16.
- NATO to hold the military alliance will carry on with its nuclear exercises next week despite Russian threats.
Secretary-General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg said.
- Former Pak PM Imran Khan booked for receiving ‘prohibited Foreign funds’
- India Vs South Africa ,
India won by 7 wkts
RSA – 99 (27.1)
IND – 105/3 (19.1)
Player of the Match
Player of the Series
- Vaibhav Waman Shrirame (Maharashtra) wins Gold in Yogasana ( Artistic category) in 36th National Games 2022, being held in Gujarat.
- The FIFA U-17 Women World Cup India 2022 was inaugurated at the Odisha capital Bhubaneswar.
The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 is being hosted in India from October 11 to 30.
Three venues – the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar (Odisha), the Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Margao (Goa) and the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra) will host the 32 football matches of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022. The final will be played in Navi Mumbai.
MATCH RESULT :
(a) India U-17 women’s team lost 8-0 against the USA U-17 women’s side.
(b) Brazil defeats Morocco by 1-0
- Former Indian all-rounder Roger Binny on Tuesday filed his nomination for the post of BCCI president.
- India Captain Harmanpreet Kaur and Pakistan wicketkeeper batter Mohammad Rizwan won the ICC Player of the Month awards for September in women’s and men’s categories.
Frmn : 01 Nov 1956
Govrnr: Arif Mohammad Khan
CM: Pinarayi Vijayan (CPI(M))
Districts : 14
🥇Gold ₹ 49,250 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 64,000 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹107.44/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 96.26/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,062/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Before the Partition of India in 1947, 584 Princely States, also called Native States, existed in India, which were not fully and formally part of British India, the parts of the Indian subcontinent which had not been conquered or annexed by the British but under indirect rule.
😀Thought of the day
Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu* to psychologist , “My wife treats me like a dog!”
Psychologist : Does she abuse, hit or starve you?
Pappu : No No… It’s a worse! She wants me to be faithful!
Why Do We Touch The Feet Of Our Elders in Indian culture?*
A scientific reason behind, Touching the feet of elders as a mark of respect is an age old practice in Indian tradition. Often this practice is looked upon with derision by some people as feet are generally considered unclean and such people argue that there could be other better ways of conveying the respect. However, there are a number of reasons behind the practice of touching the elders’ feet that indicate how wonderfully beneficial and meaningful this practice is.
The act of padasparshan (touching the feet) has a profound scientific reason. The nerves in the human body, starting from our brain, spread all over our body and end at our fingertips and toes. While doing padasparshan, when the fingertips of your hand are joined to the feet of the opposite person, a closed circuit is established between the two immediately and the energies of your bodies are connected – your fingers and hands become the receptor of that energy, while the feet of the elder person become the giver of the energy. When the elder accepts this respect, their heart becomes filled with good thoughts and positive energy, which they give out through their hands and feet.
Feet are for the body as the foundations are for buildings. The entire weight of a person is borne by the feet when he stands and moves about. Except birds and some rare cases of mammals, humans are endowed with the gift of being able to walk erect in two feet. When we bend down and touch the feet of our elders, our ego is also automatically subdued and we indicate that we respect their age, wisdom, achievements and experience. Being pleased of our humility, they in turn bless us.
Meaning – Prolonged laziness is the cause of destruction
प्राणन्ती : Sneezing
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a Air break in Heavy vehicles works*
Air storage tanks are filled with compressed air by the compressor, which is powered by the engine. When the driver steps on the brake pedal, or treadle valve, this allows air from the storage tanks to flow into the cylinder, pushing the piston down the cylinder. This is the service portion of the system.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
There’s an area in the Chihuahuan desert in northern Mexico where clocks don’t work, radio signals don’t work and compasses spin out of control when placed near stones on the ground. It’s called the “Zone of Silence.”
This Mexican version of the Bermuda Triangle has its fair share of alien rumors. But the disruption is believed to be caused by subterranean deposits of magnetite, as well as debris from meteorites.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Vijaya Raje Scindia* (12 October 1919 – 25 January 2001), born Lekha Divyeshwari Devi and known popularly as the Rajmata of Gwalior, was a prominent Indian political personality.
In the days of the British Raj, as consort of the last ruling Maharaja of Gwalior, Jivajirao Scindia, she ranked among the highest royal figures of the land. In later life, she became a politician of considerable influence and was elected repeatedly to both houses of the Indian parliament. She was also an active member, for many decades, of the Jana Sangh and the Bharatiya Janata Party.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Face the music*
Meaning : Confront the unpleasant consequences of one’s actions.
Example : We have done it and now it’s time to face the music!
Imminent × Distant
Imminent : impending
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
KATYAYANI DEVI* -The sixth form of Maa Durga is Katyayani also adored as Mahalaxmi. Katyayani was born to destroy bull demon Mahishasura. Her defining characteristics include anger, vengeance, and ultimate victory over evils. All those who remember her with a pure heart and utmost faith are blessed with boons. She sits on a magnificent lion and is portrayed with four hands. Sword and lotus in her left hands and rights hands in Abhaya Mudra and Varadamudra.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Skipping breakfast is more likely to cause weight gain rather than weight loss.
it makes no difference whether people eat or skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast makes you eat more at lunch, but not enough to compensate for the breakfast you skipped.
However, it’s important to mention that intermittent fasting and/or skipping breakfast does not suit everyone. Some people may experience positive effects, while others may develop headaches, drops in blood sugar, faintness and lack of concentration. But Intermittent fasting can have numerous health benefits.Most people following intermittent fasting skip one meal a day (mostly dinner) .
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼