12 May (Thursday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaisakha 26 (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 12(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Uttara Phalguni (up to 7:30 pm) Hasta
Titi: Ekadashi (up to 6:52 pm) Dwadashi
RahuKaal: 02:01 PM – 03:39 PM GK TODAY : Only Genius can answer these questions https://youtu.be/Z2kKojxaVl8 TODAY TOP NEWS
- India administers over 190.81 crore COVID vaccine doses
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and PM Modi greeted scientists on National Technology Day 11 May.
The day is celebrated to mark the successful nuclear tests conducted at Pokhran in May 1998. India conducted series of nuclear tests Pokhran test range in Rajasthan. National Technology Day is celebrated every year as a reminder of the anniversary of Pokhran — II tests
- Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, DRI has seized 62 kilograms of Heroin with estimated worth of 434 crore rupees at Air Cargo Complex of Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
- Railway has introduced separate seats for newly-born children in trains. The facility has been started by Northern Railways on a trial basis in Lucknow- New Delhi Mail.
The lower berths already reserved for women have been placed next to baby berths so that young children can travel with their mother without any inconvenience. A baby berth has been introduced along with two berths in the AC coach of the train. No extra charge will be levied for baby berth.
- Govt issues guidelines regarding precautions to be observed by schools to combat ill-effects of heatwave.
- Under cyclone Asani impact, Light and moderate rainfall likely at many places over coastal Andhra, Odisha, West Bengal.
The India Meteorological Department says that the Severe Cyclonic Storm ‘Asani’ weakened into a Cyclonic Storm and is likely to become a depression by Thursday morning
- GUJARAT : PM Modi will address Utkarsh Samaroh in Bharuch, Gujarat on Thursday at 10.30 A.M. through video conferencing.
The programme will mark the celebration of 100% saturation of four key schemes of the State Govt in the district, which will help provide timely financial assistance to those in need.
- HARYANA announces Anti-Terror Squad after blast in Punjab’s Mohali
- HIMACHAL Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur has expressed deep grief over the sad demise of former Union Telecommunication Minister and senior Congress leader from the State Pt. Sukh Ram breathed his last at AIIMS New Delhi last night. He was 95.
- JHARKHAND : IAS officer Pooja Singhal arrested in Jharkhand money laundering case, sent to ED custody for 5 days. The case involves the alleged embezzlement of crores of MGNREGA funds in Jharkhand.
- J & K: Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik on Tuesday pleaded guilty to all the charges, including those under the stringent Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), before a Delhi court. The case is related to alleged terrorism and secessionist activities in the Kashmir valley in 2017.
The court will hear the matter again on May 19 and decide the quantum of sentence levelled against Malik. He was also charged with Section 18 (conspiracy to commit terrorist act), and 20 (being member of terrorist gang or organisation) of the UAPA and sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy) and 124-A (sedition) of the Indian Penal Code.
The chargesheet was also filed against Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) founder Hafiz Saeed and Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin, who have been declared proclaimed offenders (PO) in the terror case.
- KARNATAKA Minister Anand Singh said that special teams will conduct surprise visits to check violations of loudspeaker rules. “
- TAMIL NADU’S export share stands at $26 billion and this should be increased to $100 billion by 2030, Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin said. He added that this would help meet the Centre’s target of achieving $1 trillion economy by 2030.
- PUNJAB govt has revised the security cover of eight political leaders, including former CM Rajinder Kaur Bhattal, former Deputy CM OP Soni, SAD MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal and Congress leader Sunil Jakhar. In total, 127 police personnel and nine vehicles have been withdrawn from the eight leaders. The govt cited no specific threat to the leaders.
- UTTAR PRADESH DGP Mukul Goel removed for disobeying orders, lacking interest in work: Uttar Pradesh DGP Mukul Goel has been removed from his post and transferred to Civil Security, according to reports. He was transferred after it was found that he was disregarding orders and was not taking interest in departmental work, the reports added. The name of new DGP of the state is yet to be announced.
- NEW APPOINTMENT :. Alkesh Kumar Sharma, an IAS officer, has been named Secretary of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). He was previously the Cabinet Secretariat’s secretary (Coordination).
💷 GBP ₹95.25
BSE Sensex 54,088.39
NIFTY : 16,167.10
- India’s biggest-ever initial public offer (IPO) by Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) received a stellar response from all categories of investors.
The allotment of shares will be done on May 12, while shares will be listed on both BSE and NSE on May 17. The price band for the IPO was fixed at 902 to 949 rupees per equity share.
- Indian state-owned lender Canara Bank is investigating fraud in its housing finance unit Can Fin Homes, after a whistleblower complaint highlighted irregularities in certain accounts.
- Morgan Stanley has lowered its forecasts for India’s GDP growth to 7.6% for FY23 and 6.7% for FY24, 30 basis points lower than the previous estimates.
- A four-day decline in stocks has wiped out over ₹13.32 lakh crore from the market capitalisation of BSE-listed firms. The BSE Sensex plummeted 276 points to close at 54,088 in its fourth-straight session of decline on Wednesday. Larsen & Toubro, Bajaj Finserv, Bajaj Finance, PowerGrid, NTPC, Infosys and Maruti were among the top losers in the Sensex pack on Wednesday.
- Santoor maestro Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma was cremated with full state honours in Mumbai on 11 May Wednesday afternoon.
- Actors Akshay Kumar, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and R Madhavan are reportedly among the Indian celebrities who will walk on the red carpet at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival. Music composer AR Rahman and actress Pooja Hegde will also reportedly feature on the red carpet. The Indian delegation at the Cannes will be led by Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur.
- Veteran actor Dharmendra has shared a still with actress Shabana Azmi on Twitter from their upcoming film ‘Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani’. Dharmendra wrote, “Ishq hai mujhe camera se…aur camera ko…Shaid mujh se (I am in love with the camera and I think the camera loves me).” The film also stars Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt.
- Army Chief General Manoj Pande took over as the Honorary Colonel of the Sikh Light Infantry regiment.
- According to Intelligence sources, Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) is readying drone centres to smuggle arms and drugs into India.
- Boeing is beefing up local MRO work in India for military aircraft such as the C-17 strategic transport, P-8I Neptune anti-submarine warfare aircraft, and VIP aircraft.
The announcements come under the auspices of the US company’s BIRDS – Boeing India Repair Development and Sustainment – initiative, which aims to increase MRO capabilities in India.
- One terrorist was killed in an encounter which erupted on 11May afternoon between security forces and terrorists in Satinder forest area of North Kashmir’s Bandipora district, Jammu and Kashmir.
- An aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya will get operational next month and India will be a two carrier and two ballistic missile submarine Navy by 2022-end.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi will participate in the Second Global COVID Virtual Summit on 12 May (Thursday) evening at the invitation of the US President Joseph Biden. The summit intends to galvanize new actions to address the continued challenges of the COVID pandemic and build a stronger global health security architecture.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Hungary elects Katalin Novak as first female President of the country. Her predecessor, Janos Ader, greeted the new president at the entrance to the Sandor Palace.
- PAKISTAN TALIBAN (TTP) VOWS TO STEP UP WAR FOR FREE HOMELAND, TELLS PAKISTANI SOLDIERS TO GIVE UP ARMS
:: Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has in a fresh statement warned soldiers in the Pakistani security forces that if they did not quit their jobs, they would have to face increasing attacks from the militant outfit in the days ahead.
- Pakistani rupee slumped to an all-time low against the US dollar on Tuesday in the interbank market. The value of the greenback surged by 82 paisa in early trade and currently trading
- South Korea’s new President Yoon Suk-Yeol said the security situation on the Korean peninsula is difficult, citing talk of a possible nuclear test by the North.
- Amid crisis in Sri Lanka, President Gotabaya Rajapaksa addressed the nation and said he was working with all party leaders to establish a new government in the country. He said a new Prime Minister will be appointed within a week.
- Newly-elected Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday met his brother and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz supremo Nawaz Sharif in London, the party tweeted and shared a video.
- IPL :2022
(a) Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Capitals, 58th Match
Delhi Capitals won by 8 wkts
RR – 160/6 (20)
DC – 161/2 (18.1)
Player of the Match
(b). May 12, Thursday
Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians
59th Match at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
(c). Rajasthan Royals (RR) all-rounder Ravichandran Ashwin on Wednesday smashed his first-ever fifty in IPL. Playing his 71st innings in IPL, the 35-year-old scored 50 runs off 38 deliveries while batting at number three against Delhi Capitals (DC). Ashwin smashed four fours and two sixes during his knock. Ashwin has now scored 589 runs in his IPL career.
- India’s Nitu entered the 48kg second round of the IBA Women’s World Boxing Championships in Istanbul after outpunching Romania’s Steluta Duta 5-0.
Earlier on the opening day of the competition, Lovlina Borgohain made a winning return to the international circuit after clinching a thrilling 3-2 victory against the two-time World Championships medallist Chen Nien-Chin of Chinese Taipei.
- 12th Hockey India Sub Junior Women National Championship 2022, began from 11 May Wednesday in Imphal, Manipur. A total of 25 teams will vie for top honours in the 12-day tournament.
After seven days of pool matches, the Quarter-Finals will be played on 19th of May. The semi-finals will be held on May 21st and the Medal matches are scheduled for 22nd May.
National Capital : 26 Jan 1950
Lt Gvnr : Anil Baijal
CM : Arvind Kejriwal (AAP)
Union Territory : 1956
🥇Gold ₹52,780 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹60,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹105.41/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹96.67/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 999/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Total there are 24 spokes in Ashoka Chakra on the. Indian Flag. This was taken up by Asoka and depicted in the edicts at Sarnath where the original preaching by Buddha had taken place. The 24 spokes represent dharma and time in hours in a day.
😀 Thought of the day
Living in the favourable and unfavourable situation is called “Part Of Life” But smiling in all those situation is called “Art Of Life”
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu – Muje Fone Pe Dhamki Mil Rhi He..!
Police – Kaun He Wo..?
Pappu – mobile service Wale..,…Bolte He-
Bill Na Bhara
Tho Kaat Denge😟😰
Scientific reason behind ©: Hanging lemon and chili tied to a thread outside of one’s house/Shop/vehicles ⁉
The logic behind this was that both lemon and chillies are rich sources of Vitamin C. So when a cotton thread is pierced through these substances, the cotton absorbs their nutrients and gradually vaporize them in air. Inhaling this air has health benefits.
Besides, the aroma (smell) from lemon and chillies keep insects and other pests away from the place.
Lemon and chilly were also tied to Bullock carts and other such modes of transport in the past. The reason being, when they used to travel through dense forests, there was a possibility of coming across snakes and other venomous creatures. There was no measure available to check whether a snake bite was poisonous or non-poisonous. In such cases lemon and chilly used to act as a parameter to check whether the bite was poisonous.
In case of a poisonous bite, the taste buds on the tongue won’t be able to differ or identify sour and spicy taste which would alarm the person and help him in taking curative action accordingly.
उपविशतु – बैठीये (sit)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How can only few birds hover in place? 🦅
The technical definition of hovering is to be be able to stay suspended in place in the air for a given period of time. Many birds can do this under the right conditions. The reason why hummingbirds are known to be the only birds to be able to hover is because they are the only birds who are evolutionarily equipped to fly in one place for many consecutive wing beats. They are the only birds that can hover in place without as much additional effort they normally require for general flying.
Eagles and other birds of prey can hover for short periods of time before diving in on ground-level or aquatic prey. Osprey Eagles like the one above are often found hovering for several seconds before calculating their dive while fishing.
True hovering occurs by generating through flapping alone, rather than by passage through the air, requiring considerable energy expenditure . This usually confines the ability to smaller birds, but some larger birds, such as a Kite or Osprey can hover for a short period of time. Although not a true hover, some birds remain in a fixed position relative to the ground or water by flying into a headwind. Hummingbirds, kestrels, terns and hawks use this wind hovering
Krestels are the only bird who can hover in place besides the hummingbirds. Krestels are incapable of beating their wings fast enough to generate lift to keep them aloft so they have to face into the wind. Hummingbirds are the premier hovering bird, although you will find that kestrels, hawks and terns can hover, too!
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
12 May – International Nurses Day
Every year International Nurses Day is celebrated on 12 May to commemorate the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birthday. This day also celebrates the contribution done by nurses to society around the world. On this day the International Council of Nurses organisation produces an International Nurses kit to educate and assist health workers globally with a different theme every year.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Ramanlal Vasantlal Desai (12 May 1892 – 20 September 1954) was an Indian Gujarati language writer.
He is considered as an important figure of the Gujarati literature as well as Gujarati novel writing.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
He has bigger fish to fry
He has bigger things to take care of than what we are talking about now
Feeble x Sturdy Strong
vague ~ unclear
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Queen Kausalya , the first wife of the King Dasaratha and the mother of Shri Rama
Dasharatha married Kaikeyi as his 2nd wife and mother of Bharatha
Sumitra : 3rd Wife of Dashratha; Mother of Laxman & Shatrughna
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Beetroots contain a high concentration of nitrates, which have a blood pressure-lowering effect. This may lead to a reduced risk of heart attacks, heart failure and stroke.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼