Today’s top news:
- Maha Shivratri 2021: Political leaders extend greetings on the occasion : Shivratri 2021: First ‘Shahi Snan’ of Haridwar Kumbh Mela started CCTVs, drones deployed for surveillance.
- Amid the speculations surrounding WB CM Mamata Banerjee’s injury, the first image of the wounded foot has surfaced. The X-ray of the injured left foot shows a crack near the ankle indicating a fracture.
- A CISF jawan saved the life of a CRPF man by administering him the cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) at the Delhi airport on Thursday. The incident which was caught on camera took place at Terminal-II of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA).
- Night curfew is set to kick in starting from March 12 in the Patiala district of Punjab. The state government took the decision in view of the surge in the number of COVID-19 cases.
- Lockdown imposed in Nagpur from March 15 to 21 amid spike in COVID-19 cases Maharashtra
- Farmer leaders Balbir Singh Rajewal, Kulwant Singh Sandhu found staying at 3-star hotel in Delhi Zee News has accessed the hotel bills which reveal the expenses of their accommodation in the hotel from December 12, 2020, to March 3, 2021.
- Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar on Thursday (March 11) met with members of Digital News Publishers Association (DNPA) to discuss the new rules for OTT platforms. Following the meeting, Javadekar said the OTT representatives welcomed the new rules and offered a few suggestions. Various OTT platforms including Alt Balaji, Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Jio, Zee5, Viacom18, Shemaroo, MxPlayer, etc.
- Fielded by the Communist Party of India-Marxist from Jamuria assembly seat, Jawaharlal Nehru University Students’ Union president Aishe Ghosh will contest in West Bengal.
- Congress MP from Ludhiana Ravneet Singh Bittu would function as the leader of the Congress party in Lok Sabha for the remaining part of the Budget session of Parliament
- The state of Karnataka has launched the “Xcelerator Bengaluru Initiative” in the bid to provide support to the women-owned micro-businesses
- The “Arjuna Sahayak Irrigation Project” will be completed and launched in one or two months in the state of Uttar Pradesh . The project will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister. The project will provide irrigation facilities to 1.5 lakh farmers across 168 villages of Banda, Mahoba and Hamirpur in Uttar Pradesh.
- MPSC exams will be conducted within a week: CM Uddhav Thackeray after students’ protests
The MPSC (the Maharashtra Public Service Commission) (MPSC) examinations examination was scheduled to be held on Sunday (March 14), but it was postponed in view of the increasing cases of coronavirus in the state.
- The Indian Air Force is set to raise a second squadron of the Rafale combat aircraft in mid-April and it will be based in Hasimara air base in West Bengal The first squadron of the Rafale jets is stationed at Ambala Air Force station.
- The Union health ministry on Thursday clarified that there is no shortage of COVID-19 vaccine doses in any state in the country so far.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- India will send Iran 5,00,000 doses of Indian COVID-19 vaccine COVAXIN, the first tranche of which reached the country on Thursday. India has already sent 1,25,000 doses of Indian vaccines COVAXIN to Iran.
- Billboards have come up in the Greater Toronto area thanking Prime Minister Narendra Modi for providing COVID-19 vaccines to Canada . The billboard read, “Thank You India and PM Narendra Modi for providing COVID vaccines to Canada. Long Live Canada-India Friendship.”
- Canada received the first consignment of 500,000 AstraZeneca`s “Made-in-India” CoviShield COVID-19 vaccines on March 4.
- The India–Uzbekistan joint military exercise “DUSTLIK II” is being held in the Foreign Training Node Chaubatia at Ranikhet in the state of Uttarakhand. It is the second edition of annual bilateral joint exercise of both the armies. It will conclude on March 19, 2021.
- United Nations calls for reversal of Myanmar coup and condemns violence : The UN Security Council unanimously called for a reversal of the military coup in Myanmar strongly condemning the violence against peaceful protesters and calling for “utmost restraint” by the military.
- The nation comprising of a population of 212 million, Brazil, is facing the severe second wave of Covid-19
- The “Bloomberg Billionaires Index” released the ranking for world’s richest person. The index highlights that, Elon Musk who is the chief of Tesla and SpaceX has achieved a new milestone. He is already the second-richest person across the world. Now, his net worth jumped to $25 billion in a day after Tesla Inc. shares increased sharply on March 9, 2021.
- Bangladesh Health Minister Zahid Maleque has cautioned people to wear masks and maintain social distance as Covid 19 infection in the country is showing a rising trend. Speaking at an event in Dhaka on Thursday.
- Chinese legislature approves changes to Hong Kong’s election system: China’s ‘two sessions’ concluded on Thursday with the passing of a resolution on Hong Kong which ensures only “patriots” can rule Hong Kong. This is Hong Kong’s biggest shake-up since the former British colony was handed back to Chinese rule in 1997, further reducing democratic representation in the city’s institutions.
- Ex-Pak PM Nawaz Sharif accuses top Army Generals of threatening to ‘smash’ Maryam Nawaz :Naming Pakistan Army Generals -Qamar Bajwa, Irfan Malik and Faiz Hamid, ex-Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif has accused them of threatening his daughter Maryam Nawaz.
- Myanmar’s ousted leader Aung San Suu Kyi accepted illegal payment worth $600,000 plus gold while in government, a junta spokesman said, adding that the information had been verified and many people were being questioned.
- The scientists in a recent study concluded that, the warming of worldwide oceans because of climate change may affect the metabolism of sharks.
- Japan scrambled F-15 fighter jets to intercept two Russian nuclear-capable Tupolev Tu-95MS bombers that were flying over the Sea of Japan and the Pacific Ocean
- Coronavirus Cases:
INDIA VS ENGLAND
1st T20, England in India, 5 T20I Series, 2021, March 12 2021
Indian unit will now set their sight on the five-match T20 International series starting in Ahmedabad on Friday (March 12). Kohli on Thursday confirmed that star batsman Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul will open for India in the opening T20I.
$USD 72.67 💷GBP 101.62
🥇Gold ₹44,710@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 97.52
⛽ Diesel ₹ 88.96
LPG : ₹ 819.00 /14.2 Kg
Current 51,279.51 +
Facts about India
The approximate cost of printing each note of new Rs 500 is in the range of Rs 2.87 to Rs 3.09, and Rs 3.54 to Rs 3.77 for Rs 2000.
The Rs 2 coin is made at a cost of Rs 1.28, while it takes Rs 3.69 and Rs 5.54 to manufacture the Rs 5 and the current Rs 10 coins respectively.
Thought of the day
SUCCESS IS PERMANENT WHEN WE ACHIEVE IT WITHOUT DESTROYING OUR
Joke of the day
A perfect Leave Application for boss during CORONA
I am suffering from corona virus and request you to grant me paid leave for 20days. Otherwise I will come to office ………😂😂😂
largest moon of Saturn?
Why aren’t stars visible in the daytime?
Stars aren’t visible during the sunlit hours of daytime because the light-scattering properties of our atmosphere spread sunlight across the sky. Seeing the dim light of a distant star in the blanket of photons from our Sun becomes as difficult as spotting a single snowflake in a blizzard..
अस्मि : मैं कर रहा हूँ
How it works ⁉
How Soap is Made
A formula for soap consisting of water, alkali, and cassia oil was written on a Babylonian clay tablet around 2200 BC.
Handcrafted soaps made from scratch require three ingredients to become soap: oil (animal or vegetable oil, not petroleum-based oil), water and lye. These three ingredients, mixed together in correct proportions, combine and chemically change into soap – a process called “saponification”. They may include other ingredients to provide additional benefits or to color or scent the soap, but these are not part of the chemical process that results in basic soap.
Liquid soap requires potassium hydroxide. When oil and lye are combined and heated, the result is soap. This chemical reaction is called saponification. Without lye, saponification isn’t possible, so lye is necessary to create soap.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Veerabathira, or Veerabadra is an extremely fierce and fearsome form of the Hindu god Shiva. He was created by the wrath of Shiva and destroyed the Yagna (fire sacrifice) of Daksha, after Daksha’s daughter and Shiva’s consort Sati self-immolated in the sacrificial fire.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Aloe vera , or Aloe barbadensis, is a thick, short-stemmed plant that stores water in its leaves. It is best known for treating skin injuries
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼