𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
12 Jan (Wednesday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Pausha 24, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 10 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Dashami (up to 4:49 pm) Ekadashi
Rahu Kaal : 12:35 PM – 01:55 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
NATIONAL YOUTH DAY & IT’s IMPORTANCE 💐
- India administers more than 153.70 crore COVID-19 vaccines;
Over 89.40 cr Vaccine doses administered as 1st dose. 64.11 cr doses given as second dose
Over 2.81 crore vaccine doses given to children aged 15 to 18 years so far.
- Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya holds discussion with 120 expert doctors from across the country on COVID-19 situation
- ASSAM : The latest tensions along the Assam-Manipur has come barely a month ahead of the crucial Manipur Assembly elections. Militants gun down man along border in volatile Cachar district.
- Andhra Pradesh govt on Tuesday postponed the implementation of the night curfew for a week in view of the Sankranti festival. The night curfew would be imposed from January 18 and remain in force till January 31,
- GOA : The Trinamool Congress has launched a housing rights scheme ‘Mhaje Ghar, Maalki Hakk’ in Goa ahead of the State Assembly elections. TMC leader Kiran Kandolkar said that under this scheme, people will be given ownership rights of the land they possess within 250 days if TMC is voted to power. This is TMC’s third scheme ahead of Goa elections.
- Former Goa minister and BJP MLA Michael Lobo, along with his wife Delilah Lobo, joined the Congress party in Panaji on Tuesday. It comes a day after Lobo quit the BJP party ahead of the state Assembly polls.
- ODISHA’S State Election Commissioner Aditya Prasad Padhi on Tuesday announced that the panchayat elections in the state will take place in five phases from February 16 to 24.
- The Odisha govt banned public celebrations on Makar Sankranti and Pongal on January 14 as the state reported 7,071 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday.
- PUDUCHERRY : PM Modi will inaugurate the 25th National Youth Festival in Puducherry via video conferencing. The 12th of January is the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda and is observed as National Youth Day every year.
- PM Narendramodi to inaugurate Kamarajar Mani Mandapam (in Puducherry) through video conferencing. This Mandapam is constructed at the cost of around Rs 23 crore
- TAMIL NADU: PM Modi will inaugurate 11 New Government Medical Colleges across Tamil Nadu and the new campus of Central Institute of Classical Tamil in Chennai today. The new medical colleges are being established at an estimated cost of about 4 thousand crore rupees. Of this amount, around 2 thousand 145 crore rupees has been provided by the Union govt and rest by the Tamil Nadu govt.
- TELANGANA : Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader and Leader of Opposition in the Bihar Legislative Assembly, Tejashwi Yadav on Tuesday met Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president and Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao at Pragathi Bhavan
💷 GBP 100.65
BSE Sensex 60,616.89
NIFTY : 18,055.75
- The last date to file Income Tax Returns has been extended to March 15, 2022. The Ministry of Finance said that the due date to file income tax returns for assessment year 2021-22 had been extended “on consideration of difficulties reported by taxpayers and stakeholders due to Covid and in electronic filing of various reports”.
- Union Budget 2022-23 : Standard deduction limit for income tax may increase.As taxpayers remain hopeful about some announcements in the upcoming budget, it has come to light that the govt is holding discussions to increase the limit of standard deduction from the existing Rs 50,000.
The standard deduction limit available to salaried taxpayers and pensioners may be increased by 30-35% in the upcoming budget, (A report by The Economic Times). The Union Budget 2022-23 will be announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on February 1.
- Govt inserted a new section 194P in Income-tax Act,1961 which provides that senior citizens above the age of 75 years, having only pension and interest income from accounts maintained with bank in which they receive pension will be exempted from filing ITR.
- The World Bank on Tuesday retained its forecast for India’s GDP growth in the fiscal year ending March 2022. According to its Global Economic Prospects report, India’s economy is expected to grow at 8.3% in FY22. The World Bank further upgraded its forecast for India’s GDP growth in FY23 and FY24 to 8.7% and 6.8%, respectively.
- Birthday: Arun Govil ( born 12 January 1958) is an Indian actor, producer and director. He is best known for playing Lord Rama in Ramanand Sagar’s hit television series Ramayan (1986).
- Legendary Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar has been admitted to a Mumbai hospital after testing COVID positive. According to reports, the 92-year-old singer has been diagnosed with post-COVID-19 induced pneumonia, following which she was rushed to the hospital yesterday. She is currently in the ICU and doing fine, according to Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar.
- Veteran Odia actor Mihir Das passed away at the age of 63 on Tuesday. As per reports, he was admitted to a private hospital in Cuttack last month after suffering a heart attack and was put on ventilator support
4.The Kerala High Court on Tuesday listed Malayalam actor Dileep’s anticipatory bail plea hearing to Friday. Dileep is the prime accused in the sexual assault case filed by actress Bhavana Menon.
- Singer-actress Lady Gaga has won the Icon Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival (PSIFF) for her role of Patrizia Reggiani in ‘House of Gucci’.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested the final deliverable configuration of Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) on Tuesday. The indigenously developed anti-tank missile is a low weight, fire and forget missile and is launched from a man portable launcher, integrated with thermal sight.
- DRDO successfully tested advanced sea to sea variant of BrahMos Supersonic Cruise missile from INS Visakhapatnam. Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO said the missile hit the designated target ship precisely.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre has agreed to publish Hindi descriptions of India’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites on its website. The permanent delegation of India to UNESCO announced.
- India got approval of the U.S. Department of Agriculture for export of Indian mangoes to USA.
- Minister for Trade of South Korea, Yeo Han-Koo meets Commerce & Industry Minister Piyush Goyal in New Delhi. Both Ministers hold wide ranging discussions covering the whole gamut of Bilateral Trade and Investment related aspects.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Hong Kong will start offering COVID-19 vaccine to children aged five and above, leader Carrie Lam said. Children over five will be administered Sinovac, while BioNTech vaccine will be available for those aged 12 and older.
- Yemen govt said that the country’s forces reclaimed the southern province of Shabwa from Iran-backed Houthi rebels on Tuesday after a ten-day battle.
- An airstrike in Ethiopia’s Tigray region has killed at least 17 people, mostly women and injured dozen others on Monday,The airstrike occurred amid US President Joe Biden expressing concerns over such airstrikes during a call with Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed. Ethiopia is embroiled in the war between the government and Tigrayan forces.
- Abid Bashir, the head of the Taliban intelligence agency of Afghanistan’s Bati Kot was killed by Islamic State (IS), reported Russian news agency Sputnik.
- Israel govt donated $500,000 to the UN for food, medical aid and other assistance for Afghan refugees in Tajikistan.
- Ready to take decisions on ending war against rebels: Ukraine is ready to take decisions to end war against alleged Russian-backed separatists in country’s Donbas at a new summit of Ukraine, Russia, France and Germany, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Tuesday. Ukraine, which seeks this summit, is reportedly willing to agree on a ceasefire and prisoner swaps in region. Zelenskyy’s comments come amid speculations that Russia may invade Ukraine.
- The mysterious “hut” spotted by China’s lunar Yutu-2 rover on the Moon’s far side is actually a small rabbit-shaped rock. The rock has been nicknamed “jade rabbit” by the Yutu-2 team, which announced its rover’s closer inspection of the object on January 7. The rock looks like a rabbit crouching down with a couple of carrots in front of it.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Alikhan Smailov was appointed as the new PM of Kazakhstan on Tuesday in a move by Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev after last week’s violent protests in the country. Smailov had served as First Deputy Prime Minister in the previous Cabinet which Tokayev dismissed amid the protests. Security forces have detained nearly 10,000 people over the unrest.
- Maharashtra’s Deputy CM Ajit Pawar has announced that a mini Olympics will be organized in order to promote and encourage Olympic sports among the youth.
- PRO KABADDI
January 11, 2022
Telugu Titans 22
Gujarat Giants 40
Patna Pirates 43
U Mumba 23
- BADMINTON, P.V. Sindhu defeated compatriot Sri Krishna Priya in straight games 21-5, 21-16 to enter the second round of Women’s Singles event of Yonex-Sunrise India Open at K.D. Jadhav Indoor Hall in Delhi. Ashmita Chaliha defeated Russia’s fifth seed and World number 28 Evgeniya Kosetskaya 24-22, 21-16 on the opening day of the Super 500 event.
In Men’s Singles, Kidambi Srikanth triumphed over Siril Verma 21-17, 21-10 in the first round. He will take on Denmark’s Kim Bruun, who defeated India’s Subhankar Dey 21-19, 18-21, 21-14 in the second round.
In the Women’s Doubles, former junior national champions Ritika Thaker and Simran Singh fought beat the Ukrainian pair of Mariia Stoliarenko and Yelyzaveta Zharka 14-21, 22-20, 21-19 to advance to the second round.
- Khelo India Youth Games 2021 which was scheduled to be held from February 5 to 14 this year has been postponed amid rising COVID-19 cases in the country, Sports Authority of India (SAI) confirmed on Tuesday. Tournament was originally scheduled for November-December 2021 but was postponed to February. Youth Games will be held in Ambala, Chandigarh, Delhi, Panchkula and Shahabad.
- The Third and final Test between India and South Africa underway at Cape Town. India won the toss and elected to bat. South Africa 17/1 at stumps
India’s first innings total of 223 all out on the opening day of the series third Test on Tuesday.
- Six-time world champion Mary Kom and Asian Games gold medallist Amit Panghal are among six Olympian boxers who were on Tuesday included in ongoing national camps. Pangal will join Manish Kaushik, Satish Kumar, Ashish Kumar and Vikas Krishan in men’s camp at National Institute of Sports (NIS), Patiala. Mary will join women’s camp at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, New Delhi.
KARNATAKA : Benguluru
CM : Basavaraj Bommai
Gvnr : Thawar Chand Gehlot
🥇Gold ₹49,100@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 100.58
⛽ Diesel ₹ 85.01
⛽ CNG ₹ 55
LPG : ₹ 903
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Origin of Bangalore ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು (Beṅgaḷūru). The source of the name Bengaluru is usually attributed to Benga-val-ooru (City of Guards) in Old Kannada or Benda-kaal-ooru (Town of Boiled Beans) from Kannada folklore.
😀Thought of the day
Arise! Awake and stop not until the goal is reached
JOKE OF THE DAY
During an english lesson the teacher notices that a boy was not paying attention to him..
Teacher : pappu join these two sentences together.. i was cycling to a school.. i saw a dead body..
Pappu : thinking for a while, said.. I saw a dead body cycling to a school…
Why we can’t remember our childhood
Firstly, the first 5 years of your life is most likely to be the part where you have no memory of. It’s because your brain is still developing in a way during that time and your brain cannot pick up any real experiences to store. I mean you sleep most of the day as a baby anyway, so there’s not much to remember.
As young children, we just aren’t able to make stable memories of events. You can’t access a memory, the logic goes.
न कालमतिवर्तन्ते महान्तः स्वेषु कर्मसु
na kālamativartante mahāntaḥ sveṣu karmasu ।
Great people never delay their duties.
महान लोग अपने कर्तव्यों में देरी नहीं करते हैं ।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How RUM is made
Rum is a liquor made by fermenting then distilling sugarcane molasses or sugarcane juice. The distillate, a clear liquid, is usually aged in oak barrels. Most rums are produced in Caribbean and American countries, but also in other sugar-producing countries, such as the Philippines and India.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the U.S. federal government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and space research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics
Headquarters : Washington, D.C., United States
Founder : Dwight D. Eisenhower
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Swamy Vivekananda (1863-1902) Born on 12 Jan1863 in west Bengal, He proved the world about the greatness of Hindu culture at Chicago in 1893.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Slow and steady wins the race
Reliability is more important than speed
Extra – Additional
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Pashupati ( पशुपति ) is believed by Hindus to be an incarnation of the Hindu god Shiva as “lord of the animals”. He is revered by Shaivites throughout the Hindu world In general Pashupatinath means lord of all animals. Paśupati or Pashupatinath, meaning “Lord of all animals”, was originally an epithet of Rudra in the Vedic period and now is an epithet of Shiva.
The Pashupatinath Temple, located at the bank of the river Bagmati, is considered as the most sacred place in Nepal. The mythology hold that Lord Pashupatinath started living in Nepal in the form of a deer, then when he saw the Kathmandu Valley and he was overwhelmed by its beauty
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Sweet potatoes are starchy root vegetables that are rich in fiber, vitamins & minerals. They’re also high in antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage and chronic disease.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene, which can be converted to vitamin A and help support your immune system and gut health.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼