12 Aug (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 26, (Purnimanta)
Sravana 26, (Amanta)
Tithi : Ekadashi (up to 6:31 am) Dwadashi
Rahu : 09:18 AM – 10:55 AM
Yamaganda : 02:08 PM – 03:45 PM
DASHAVATAR & DARWIN THEORY OF EVOLUTION https://youtu.be/ERxMsrp6sCk
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha were adjourned sine die on August 11, bringing an end to the Monsoon Session, which was marked by persistent protests by the Opposition over the violence in Manipur, and a no-confidence motion against the Narendra Modi government.
- Parliament yesteday passed the Central Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2023 and Integrated Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2023. The Lok Sabha passed the bills without discussion with voice vote.
- Govt introduces Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita, Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita and Bharatiya Sakshya Bills in LS to replace 3 British-era laws.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah introduced the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) Bill, 2023; Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita (BNSS) Bill, 2023; and Bharatiya Sakshya (BS) Bill, 2023 that will replace the Indian Penal Code, 1860, Criminal Procedure Act, 1898, and the Indian Evidence Act, 1872 respectively.
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi said. 22 bills passed by Lok Sabha & 25 by Rajya Sabha during Monsoon Session of Parliament:
- The Lok Sabha has registered 45% productivity while the Rajya Sabha 63% during the Monsoon Session of Parliament which concluded yesterday.
- PM Modi will visit Madhya Pradesh today. Lay the foundation stone of rail and road sector projects worth more than four thousand crore rupees.
- Railways Ministry will establish Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras at railway stations across the country. It aims to make available quality medicines to all at an affordable price.
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has retained the number of Assam Legislative Assembly seats at 126 and Lok Sabha seats at 14.
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organisation has launched the National Space Innovation Challenge (NSIC) 2023 for all school students across the country.
- Ministry of Animal Husbandry and Dairying has invited online nominations for National Gopal Ratna Award – 2023. The online nominations through the National Award portal – awards.gov.in will start from 15th of this month.
- Union Ministers and Members of Parliament take part in ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ bike rally in Delhi, ahead of Independence Day celebrations.
- Under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, Har Ghar Tiranga will be celebrated across the nation, wherein people will be encouraged to hoist flags in their premises. The idea behind the campaign is to instill the feeling of patriotism in the hearts of people and reminisce about the journey of India and those who have contributed towards creating this great nation.
- Union Women and Child Development minister Smriti Irani informed that 2 lakh Anganwadi Centres will be upgraded to Saksham Anganwadis under Mission Poshan 2.0 for improved delivery of nutrition and Early Childhood Care and Education services.
- Minister of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Giriraj Singh launched the National Media Campaign of the Department of Land Resources (DoLR) in New Delhi. The aim of this campaign is to make people aware of the saturation of computerization of land records and digitization of cadastral maps for the benefit of citizens.
- Punjab Cabinet has given its approval to set up martyrs memorial in a leading park of every district as a mark of respect to the great freedom fighters and national heroes.
- In Ladakh, Lieutenant Governor Brigadier (Dr) B D Mishra formally inaugurated a day long national conference on Nalanda Buddhism at Central Institute of Buddhist Studies in Leh. It was organised by the Indian Himalayan Council of Nalanda Buddhist Tradition in collaboration with Ladakh Buddhist Association and All Ladakh Gonpa Association.
- Gujarat launches ‘Sinh Suchna’ app for tracking lions. Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel of Gujarat introduced a new mobile application.
- Lieutenant Governor Shri Manoj Sinha of Jammu and Kashmir commenced the 9th India International MSME Expo and Summit 2023 in New Delhi. He said that Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises are accelerating India’s economic growth .
- Jammu and Kashmir’s distinct regional contributions, the Rajouri Chikri woodcraft and the Mushqbudji rice, have recently been honored with the Geographical Indication (GI) tags. This prestigious distinction draws attention to the exquisite nature and significance of these regional treasures.
- Campbell Bay in Great Nicobar Island is now accessible to tourists: Total of 8,026 tickets were issued to islanders and non-islanders since January 2023, as informed by the Centre in Rajya Sabha recently.
- Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Admiral D K Joshi (Retd) orders financial benefits for ‘Daily Rated Mazdoors’. There are nearly 4000 DRMs (who didn’t get the benefits) in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and as per Supreme Court order in 1986 the DRMs.
- Construction of the Vellore airport complex on the Chennai-Bengaluru Highway (NH 44) is approaching its final stages.
- Bangalore University (BU) on Wednesday distributed Apple MacBook laptops to SC/ST PhD scholars.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- An accident occurred during daytime on the Bavla-Bagodara on Friday. Ten people perished, including three children, after the vehicle collided with a stationary truck in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad district.
- Twenty-eight students of a municipal school in west Delhi’s Naraina area were hospitalised on Friday. The Municipal Corporation of Delhi points to gas leak from a train that was passing the railway tracks nearby.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 82.96
GBP ₹ 105.31
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,322.65 −365.53 (0.56%)🔻
NIFTY: 19,428.30 −114.80 (0.59%)🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- One lakh 40 thousand 599 crore rupees have been paid to about 1457 lakh farmers under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) till June this year since the inception of the scheme in 2016.
- The fee of the mediator in consumer complaints will be paid from the Consumer Welfare Fund. The parties do not need to pay the full fee of mediation for the resolution of their disputes.
- The Steel Authority of India has achieved best ever performance in quarter one for Crude Steel Production and Sales. Declaring its financial results, SAIL said that it has registered a growth by 8 percent in Crude Steel Production and 23 percent in Sales Volumes over corresponding last year.
- Tata Sons, the parent company of Air India, has introduced a new appearance and brand identity for the airline. This change includes a new logo and design, replacing the well-known mascot “Maharaja.”
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has taken a significant step to enhance the efficiency of Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) by halving the timeline for listing shares on stock exchanges after the IPO closure. This move aims to provide substantial benefits to both investors and issuers in the capital markets.
- State-owned SJVN Ltd has signed inked pacts with Oil & Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC) and Sambhar Salts Ltd. (SSL), a subsidiary of Hindustan Salts Ltd., for development of solar parks and projects.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- JAILER movie box office collection Day 1: Rajinikanth-starrer becomes biggest Tamil opener of the year, collects Rs 52 crore in India.
- Public service broadcaster Prasar Bharati is all set for a revamp of its television channels starting this Independence Day. Breathing new life into the Doordarshan logo by reviving its original and lucent blend of colours,
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- The Army Chief General Manoj Pande reviewed the commissioning of 185 officer cadets as Army Officers at the prestigious Royal Military Academy Sandhurst as the Sovereign’s Representative.
- The Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt inspected the preparations related to the 77th Independence Day celebrations at the Red Fort in New Delhi. He also addressed the National Cadet Corps (NCC) cadets participating in the celebrations.
- The Indian Army is in the process of procuring 650 high mobility vehicles (HMV) with a 6X6 configuration and material handling crane (MHC) capabilities.
- This comes weeks after the Indian Army ordered high mobility 4×4 and 6×6 trucks worth Rs 800 crore from Ashok Leyland for towing artillery guns and howitzers.
- After the induction of high-tech AI-equipped SWARM drones and loitering munitions, the Indian Army has ordered 200 logistics drones from the startup Dhaksha Unmanned Systems. The company stated that the order is scheduled to be delivered within the next 12 months.
- ISRO conducts drogue parachute deployment tests for Gaganyaan mission :: ISRO said that the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) has conducted a series of drogue parachute deployment tests at the Rail Track Rocket Sled (RTRS) facility of the Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory, Chandigarh, between August 8th and 10th.
- India and China are likely to hold the 19th round of corps commander level talks on Monday at the Chushul-Moldo meeting point in the Eastern Ladakh sector to resolve the ongoing military standoff between the two countries for over three years.
- INDIAN NAVY RECRUITMENT 2023 FOR SSC EXECUTIVE (Information Technology) Indian Navy is inviting eligible Unmarried men and women aspirants to fill up the post of SSC Executive (Information Technology). There are 35 Vacancies. The Online registration has already started. The last date to submit an application is 20.08.2023.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- The Central Government has advised Indian nationals to leave Niger.
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremasinghe has said that India’s assistance in implementing Trincomalee district development project is of immense value to the island.
- The bilateral trade between India and Angola has grown from 2.14 billion dollars in 2020-21 to 4.22 billion dollars during 2022-23.
- In the 10th India-Nepal Line of Credit (LOC) Review Meeting held in Kathmandu, both sides appreciated the strong cooperation in the India-Nepal Developmental Partnership. The progress of projects which are at various stages of implementation was reviewed during the meeting.
- High Commission of India in Bangladesh organized exhibition on “Glory of Indian Art” at Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre, Dhaka to commemorate the momentous occasion of “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Referring to the recent incident of water cannon being used at Philippines supply boat by Chinese coast guard ship, India on Friday said that issues in the South China Sea need to be resolved peacefully while urging China and the Philippines to adhere to international laws.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Tunisia and Libya took back 276 sub-Saharan migrants stranded in a desert region along the border between the two countries and brought them to shelters.
- Ethiopia’s government and residents say the country’s military recaptured several areas in the embattled Amhara region from local militia fighters as details of dozens of civilian deaths began to emerge from the region amid an internet shutdown.
- Israel has evacuated over 200 of its citizens and Ethiopian Jews from two cities in the Amhara and Oromia regions affected by recent violence and moved them to the country’s capital Addis Ababa.
- The six people who have been arrested in connection with the killing of Ecuadorian presidential candidate Fernando Villavicencio are Colombian.
- The bodies of 23 Rohingyas who were fleeing Myanmar’s Rakhine state have been recovered after their boat capsized. Thirty others are still missing, while eight people are reported to have survived the mishap.
- Poland is planning to move around 10,000 troops to its eastern border with Belarus amid mounting concerns over Wagner forces in the region.
- Iran reportedly moved five US nationals from prison to house arrest in the first step of an emerging deal with Washington that would unfreeze Tehran’s assets in South Korea and free several jailed Iranians. White House said it has received confirmation that the five US citizens who were unjustly detained have been placed under house arrest.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- Indian Hockey Team will face Malaysia team in the final of Asian Champions Trophy today at the Mayor Radhakrishnan Hockey Stadium in Chennai. The match will begin at 8.30 PM.
- T20I CRICKET
Aug 12, Saturday
West Indies vs India
at Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida
Match starts at Aug 12, 14:30 GMT
- World Badminton Championships 2023 will begin at Copenhagen in Denmark from 21st of this month.
- Shakib Al Hasan replaces Tamim Iqbal as ODI Captain of Bangladesh Cricket team.
As UT: 01 Nov 1956 (as a state)
Gvrnr : Shiv Pratap Shukla
CM: Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu (INC)
Bird : Western tragopan
Flower : Pink rhododendron
Mammal :Snow leopard
Tree : Deodar cedar
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The India national field hockey team was the first non-European team to be a part of the International Hockey Federation. In 1928, the team won its first Olympic gold medal and until 1960, the Indian men’s team remained unbeaten in the Olympics, winning six gold medals in a row. The team had a 30-0 winning streak during this time, from their first game until losing in the 1960 gold medal final. India also won the 1975 World Cup. Indian men’s hockey team rewrote history as they won an Olympic medal after 41 years, defeating a plucky Germany 5-4 to win the bronze at Tokyo Olympics 2020.
😀THOUGHT OF THE DAY
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Hi* : Should I Buy Tickets For My Children.?
Conductor : Yes! Only If They Are Above 8.
Pappu : Thank God ,I Have Only 6 Children..!!😳⁉️
Why water is sprinkled around the plate before taking food in Hindu tradition !*
Scientifically It has been done to keep insects away from food while eating. Because in olden days, people use to eat in leafs and by sitting on the ground.
sakaaraatmak chintan kuru
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a Pendulum watch works?
What is a pendulum?
A pendulum is a rod hanging vertically from its top end (or a weight called a bob hanging from a string) that swings from side to side due to the force of gravity. As Italian scientist Galileo Galilei (1564–1642) discovered, the clever thing about a pendulum is that it always takes the same amount of time to make one complete swing.
A pendulum works by converting energy back and forth, a bit like a rollercoaster ride. When the bob is highest (furthest from the ground), it has maximum stored energy (potential energy). … So as the bob swings (oscillates) back and forth, it repeatedly switches its energy back and forth between potential and kinetic.
If there were no friction or drag (air resistance), a pendulum would keep on moving forever. In reality, each swing sees friction and drag steal a bit more energy from the pendulum and it gradually comes to a halt. But even as it slows down, it keeps time. It doesn’t climb as far, but it covers the shorter distance more slowly—so it actually takes exactly the same tiwatc swing. This handy ability (technically called isochronism, which just means “equal amounts of time”) is what makes a pendulum so useful for timekeeping.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
(i) An International Youth Day (IYD) observed on 12 Aug
(ii) The classical dance forms recognised by the Sangeet Natak Akademi and the Ministry of Culture are:
Bharatanatyam , from Tamil Nadu.
Kathak , from Uttar Pradesh.
Kathakali , from Kerala.
Kuchipudi , from Andhra Pradesh.
Odissi , from Odisha.
Sattriya , from Assam.
Manipuri , from Manipur.
Mohiniyattam , from Kerala
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Vikram Sarabhai (12-Aug-1919 — 30-Dec-1971) Indian scientist & physicist. develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Birds of a Feather flock together: People with similar interests likes and dislikes go along with each other.
समान रुचि, पसंद–नापसंद वाले लोग एक दूसरे के साथ जुड़ते हैं
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
According to Vedas Navagraha are nine heavenly bodies (as well as deities) that influence human life on Earth.
The Navagraha are:
Surya : the Sun
Chandra : the Moon
Mangala : Mars
Budha : Mercury
Bṛhaspati : Jupiter
Shukra : Venus
Shani : Saturn
Rahu : Shadow body associated with the ascending (or north) lunar node
Ketu: Shadow body associated with the descending (or south) lunar node
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Hibiscus tea can be made by steeping hibiscus flowers in boiling water for five minutes. It can be consumed hot or cold and has a tart taste that is often sweetened with honey or flavored with lime.
Hibiscus tea is an herbal tea that’s made by steeping parts of the hibiscus plant in boiling water. Hibiscus tea is rich in powerful antioxidants and may therefore help prevent damage and disease caused by the buildup of free radicals.
One of the most impressive and well-known benefits of hibiscus tea is that it may lower blood pressure.
Test-tube studies have found that hibiscus extract reduces the growth and spread of plasma, mouth, prostate and stomach cancer cells.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT