12 Aug (Friday)
Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Sravan 30, (Purnimata)/ Sravana 15(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Dhanishta, Shatabhisha
Titi: Purnima ( 7:05 am) Pratipada, Dwitiya
RahuKaal: 10:55 AM – 12:31 PM
GK TODAY : https://youtu.be/h-aDVuui8pU
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Raksha Bandhan, the festival of a special bond between brothers and sisters, is being celebrated across the country.
- Jagdeep Dhankar was sworn in as the 14th Vice President of India yesterday on 11 Aug. President Droupadi Murmu administered the oath of office to Mr Dhankar at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- India Post sells more than one crore national flags in just ten days
India Post sells more than one crore national flags in just ten days.
- Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign: Post Offices across the country selling National Flags @ ₹25.
- Union Cabinet has approved continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) – Housing for All Mission up to 31st December 2024.
- The Centre approves Corbevax as booster dose for adults vaccinated with Covaxin or Covishield
Centre approves Corbevax as ‘booster dose’ for adults vaccinated with Covaxin or Covishield.
- Minister of Education, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan and Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur will address the Yuva Samvad “India@2047” today in New Delhi.
- On the occasion of 150th Birth Anniversary of Maharshi Aurobindo and 75th Year of Independence, Ministry Of Culture is commemorating the life and philosophy of Shri Aurobindo by undertaking Spiritual Programmes in 75 prisons across the nation till 15th of August.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : Strengthening the bond on Raksha Bandhan, CM Jagan Reddy on Thursday deposited the fee reimbursement funds of Rs 694 crore (Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme ) for the April-June quarter this year in the accounts of mothers of 11.02 lakh students.
- DELHI govt mandates wearing face masks in public places after surge in COVID cases.
- J&K: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha condemned the attack on a security forces camp in Darhal tehsil of Rajouri district and vowed to deal with terrorists and their supporters in a befitting manner.
- The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway is closed for vehicular traffic due to multiple landslides and shooting stones in Ramban district.
- PUNJAB CM Bhagwant Singh Mann on Thursday accepted the resignation of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Vice-Chancellor Dr Raj Bahadur. He resigned on July 30, a day after Punjab Health Minister Chetan Singh Jauramajra forced him to lie down on a dirty bed at the university during an inspection.
- TAMIL NADU : Nalini Sriharan, a life convict in former PM Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination case, moved the Supreme Court on Thursday seeking premature release. She cited the court’s judgement in the case where co-convict AG Perarivalan was released from prison. “Tamil Nadu [Council] had recommended [the] Governor to release the…convicts in 2018.
- UTTAR PRADESH : 4 killed, several missing as boat capsizes in UP’s Banda due to strong winds. Boat carrying around 35 people capsized in the Yamuna river
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Sashastra Seema Bal’s director general in New Delhi, Dr. Sujoy Lal Thaosen assumed the additional responsibility of Director General of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
- WEST BENGAL : Senior Trinamool Congress leader Anubrata Mondal produced before the special CBI court in Asansol. He was arrested in the cattle smuggling case this morning from his house in Bolpur.
- KARNATAKA : Three more persons accused in the murder of Karnataka BJP youth leader Praveen Nettaru were arrested early on Thursday. the conspiracy,” Mangaluru ADGP Alok Kumar said. Praveen Nettaru was hacked to death by bike-borne miscreants on July 26 in Dakshina Kannada district’s Bellare.
💷 GBP ₹97.08
BSE Sensex : 59,332.60 +515.31 (0.88%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,659.00 +124.25 (0.71%) 🔼
- Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate the one day National Conference of Rural Cooperative Banks organized by the Ministry of Cooperation and the National Federation of State Cooperative Banks NAFSCOB today in New Delhi.
- The Reserve Bank of India has canceled the license of Rupee Co-operative Bank Ltd, Pune due to lack of adequate capital and earning prospects, along with some other reasons. This order will become effective after six weeks from 10th August.
- Consequently, the bank will cease to carry on banking business, with effect from September 22, 2022.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Thursday took a jibe at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, saying he had given a “perverse twist” to the debate on freebies as health and education were never considered giveaways. Sitharaman said that by classifying education and health as freebies, Kejriwal was trying to instil fear in the minds of the poor.
- Comedian Raju Srivastava continues to remain in the Intensive Care Unit of AIIMS after suffering from a heart attack.
- Actor Salman Khan on Thursday spent his day with sailors of the Indian Navy onboard INS Visakhapatnam. The pictures of the actor have gone viral on social media platforms. In the photos, he is seen interacting, working out and dancing with the sailors. Salman is currently shooting in Hyderabad for his upcoming film ‘Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali’.
- Laal Singh Chaddha Box Office Estimate Day 1: Takes a VERY POOR start; LOWEST opening for Aamir Khan in the past 13 years shocks the industry.
- Raksha Bandhan Box Office Estimate Day 1: Akshay Kumar starrer opens lower than Samrat Prithviraj; collects Rs. 8 crores.
- The audiences have given their message loud and clear – make good, interesting films – if not, they are skipping the theatres.
- 4th India-Bangladesh Annual Defence Dialogue, co-chaired by Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar and Principal Staff Officer of Armed Forces Division of Bangladesh Lt Gen Waker-Uz-Zaman held in Delhi.
- A French Air and Space Force contingent, including three Rafale jets, was hosted in India during Indo-Pacific deployment on Wednesday, a statement issued by the French Embassy in New Delhi said.
- The contingent which was en route to New Caledonia was hosted for a technical stopover at Air Force Station in Sulur town of Tamil Nadu’s Coimbatore district on August 10-11 during a long-distance deployment from metropolitan France to the Pacific Ocean.
- India and Bangladesh on 10 Aug, held the second Tri-services Staff Talks (TSST) in New Delhi and elevated the bilateral defence cooperation.
- Suspected suicide group attacked an Army camp in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district in the early hours of Thursday, 2 terrorists dead, 3 soldiers martyred.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Minister of State for External Affairs Meenakshi Lekhi will visit Norway, Iceland, and Malta from 16th to 23rd of this month. During the visit, she will participate in a panel discussion on India-Norway Green Energy Cooperation together with Minister of Climate and Environment Espen Barth Eide in Arendal.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) will manage the Indian Visa Application Centre (IVAC) in Bangladesh for two more years. The agreement to extend the operations for two more years was signed between the officials of the SBI and the High Commission of India in Dhaka.
- Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has proposed a 3-men commission comprising Prime Minister Narendra Modi, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and Pope Francis for global peace.
- The Mexican President is planning to submit a written proposal to the UN to create the commission, made up of three world leaders.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar today met with Ueli Maurer, head of the Federal Department of Finance of Switzerland and discussed fintech and digital domains.
- The two leaders also exchanged views on global economic challenges. Earlier this month, India and Switzerland held the 11th round of India-Switzerland Foreign Office Consultations in New Delhi.
- China once again shielded Pakistan based global terrorist- Abdul Rauf Azhar from UN sanctions despite incontrovertible evidence under garb of procedures as it has put hold on US-India joint proposal at UNSC to list Pak-based JeM commander as UN designated international terrorist.
- India and United Kingdom are working intensively to conclude talks on a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) by the end of October this year.
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry says, India and the UK concluded the fifth round of talks for an FTA on the 29th Jul.
- Senior Congress leader Shashi Tharoor is set to be conferred with France’s highest civilian award Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur for his writings and speeches. French Ambassador to India Emmanuel Lenain wrote to Tharoor, informing him about the award.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- China assures the visiting Nepalese Foreign Minister Narayan Khadka of giving financial aid to Nepal to support the feasibility study of China-Nepal cross-border railway which was facing uncertainty due to internal political instability in Nepal and COVID-19.
- Former Sri Lankan President Gotabaya R, who last month fled anti-government protests in his country leaves Singapore.
- The Latvian Parliament has declared Russia a “state sponsor of terrorism” for allegedly attacking civilians in its invasion of Ukraine.
- First Khelo India Womens Hockey League U16 to be held at Major Dhyanchand Stadium in Delhi between 16th to 23rd of August. A total of 16 teams from across the country are participating. Total of 56 matches will be played and over 300 players will compete in Phase 1 of the league.
- KL Rahul to lead India in 3-match ODI series against Zimbabwe, Shikhar Dhawan named his deputy. The ODI series will begin on August 18, while the last ODI will take place on August 22.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s son Arjun Tendulkar will likely represent Goa in the upcoming domestic season.
- US power lifter Tamara Walcott lifts an incredible 737.5 kg to break power lifting Guinness World Record.
- Australian men’s cricket team players donated their prize money from the recent all-format tour of Sri Lanka to support children and families impacted by Sri Lanka’s economic crisis. In all, the team donated AU$45,000 to UNICEF .
PUNJAB : Chandigarh
Districts : 23
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CM : Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
🥇Gold ₹53,755 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.87/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 94.76/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,094.00 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The India national field hockey team was the first non-European team to be a part of the International Hockey Federation. In 1928, the team won its first Olympic gold medal and until 1960, the Indian men’s team remained unbeaten in the Olympics, winning six gold medals in a row. The team had a 30-0 winning streak during this time, from their first game until losing in the 1960 gold medal final. India also won the 1975 World Cup. Indian men’s hockey team rewrote history as they won an Olympic medal after 41 years, defeating a plucky Germany 5-4 to win the bronze at Tokyo Olympics 2020.
😀THOUGHT OF THE DAY
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Hi* : Should I Buy Tickets For My Children.?
Conductor : Yes! Only If They Are Above 8.
Pappu : Thank God ,I Have Only 6 Children..!!😳⁉️
Why water is sprinkled around the plate before taking food in Hindu tradition !*
Scientifically It has been done to keep insects away from food while eating. Because in olden days, people use to eat in leafs and by sitting on the ground.
sakaaraatmak chintan kuru (Think positive.)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a Pendulum watch works?
What is a pendulum?
A pendulum is a rod hanging vertically from its top end (or a weight called a bob hanging from a string) that swings from side to side due to the force of gravity. As Italian scientist Galileo Galilei (1564–1642) discovered, the clever thing about a pendulum is that it always takes the same amount of time to make one complete swing.
A pendulum works by converting energy back and forth, a bit like a rollercoaster ride. When the bob is highest (furthest from the ground), it has maximum stored energy (potential energy). … So as the bob swings (oscillates) back and forth, it repeatedly switches its energy back and forth between potential and kinetic.
If there were no friction or drag (air resistance), a pendulum would keep on moving forever. In reality, each swing sees friction and drag steal a bit more energy from the pendulum and it gradually comes to a halt. But even as it slows down, it keeps time. It doesn’t climb as far, but it covers the shorter distance more slowly—so it actually takes exactly the same tiwatc swing. This handy ability (technically called isochronism, which just means “equal amounts of time”) is what makes a pendulum so useful for timekeeping.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
(i) An International Youth Day (IYD) observed on 12 Aug
(ii) The classical dance forms recognised by the Sangeet Natak Akademi and the Ministry of Culture are:
Bharatanatyam , from Tamil Nadu.
Kathak , from Uttar Pradesh.
Kathakali , from Kerala.
Kuchipudi , from Andhra Pradesh.
Odissi , from Odisha.
Sattriya , from Assam.
Manipuri , from Manipur.
Mohiniyattam , from Kerala
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
(12-Aug-1919 — 30-Dec-1971) Indian scientist & physicist. develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Birds of a Feather flock together: People with similar interests likes and dislikes go along with each other.
समान रुचि, पसंद–नापसंद वाले लोग एक दूसरे के साथ जुड़ते हैं
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
According to Vedas Navagraha are nine heavenly bodies (as well as deities) that influence human life on Earth.
The Navagraha are:
Surya : the Sun
Chandra : the Moon
Mangala : Mars
Budha : Mercury
Bṛhaspati : Jupiter
Shukra : Venus
Shani : Saturn
Rahu : Shadow body associated with the ascending (or north) lunar node
Ketu : Shadow body associated with the descending (or south) lunar node
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Hibiscus tea can be made by steeping hibiscus flowers in boiling water for five minutes. It can be consumed hot or cold and has a tart taste that is often sweetened with honey or flavored with lime.
Hibiscus tea is an herbal tea that’s made by steeping parts of the hibiscus plant in boiling water. Hibiscus tea is rich in powerful antioxidants and may therefore help prevent damage and disease caused by the buildup of free radicals.
One of the most impressive and well-known benefits of hibiscus tea is that it may lower blood pressure.
Test-tube studies have found that hibiscus extract reduces the growth and spread of plasma, mouth, prostate and stomach cancer cells.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼