Today’s top news:
- The mass vaccination programme will be conducted till 14th of this month. PM Modi has called for a mass vaccination programme from 11 Apr to till 14th of this month and observe it as a vaccination festival.
- As Maharashtra’s weekend lockdown comes to an end, CM Uddhav Thackeray held a 2-hour-long meeting with the state COVID task force and Health minister Rajesh Tope on Sunday, mulling over imposing a statewide lockdown. Sources state that while Thackeray has proposed an 8-day lockdown, three task force members have suggested 14 days. Currently, the state govt has imposed a weekend lockdown and stricter curbs during the week.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research recently adopted 295 Atal Tinkering Labs established under Atal Innovation Mission. This will help young innovators associated with the Atal Tinkering Labs to learn from the best scientists in the country.
- Tirupathi temple board to get land in Jammu for temple, spiritual growth centre. The land will be given on lease for a period of 40 years. Medical and educational facilities are also proposed to be built on the campus in future.
- Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra is set to become the next chief election commissioner: Chandra was the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes before he joined the poll panel.
- Sachin Vaze’s aide ex-Mumbai API Riyaz Kazi was sent to 5-day NIA custody till 16 April on Sunday, by a special NIA court, hours after arrest by agency.
- A violent clash took place in Rajasthan’s Baran leading to the imposition of curfew in the region on Sunday. Initial reports state that tensions between two opposing groups escalated the situation leading to violence after which Police resorted to Lathi charge to bring the situation under control
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday hit out at West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee accusing her of politicising the killings of four people in Cooch Behar.
- Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar was on Sunday admitted to a hospital in Mumbai for the gall bladder surgery scheduled on Monday
- Himachal Pradesh mandates COVID negative RTPCR report for people arriving from 7 states : Punjab, Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Rajasthan and UP should carry COVID-19 negative report that has been obtained in not more than 72 hours. This new advisory will be applicable from April 16.
- Uttar Pradesh imposes night curfew in districts witnessing spike in COVID-19 cases : Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel also convened an all-party meeting at the Raj Bhavan in Lucknow.
- Gujarat seer Mahamandaleshwar Bharti Bapu dies at 93, PM Narendra Modi offers condolences. He was 93 and died due to age related complications.
- 4 militants gunned down by security forces in separate encounters in J-K : Two of the slain militants were responsible for an Army man killing in Bijbehara area of Anantnag.
- Actor Sonu Sood has been made the brand ambassador for Punjab’s anti-coronavirus vaccination programme. During the coronavirus-induced lockdown last year, the actor had helped migrants reach their home states.
- India to have 5 more COVID vaccines by Oct, Sputnik expected to get emergency use nod in 10 days : Top government sources said that by end of the third quarter of this year, India will be getting vaccines from five additional manufacturers. India currently manufactures Covishield and Covaxin.
- Centre prohibits export of Remdesivir & its API till COVID-19 situation improves in India With several states complaining of shortage of Remdesivir injections – which is used in COVID-19 treatment, the Centre on Sunday, has banned its export.
- Chinese military says India should cherish ‘current positive trend’ of de-escalation in eastern Ladakh. The border standoff between the armies of India and China erupted on May 5 last following a violent clash in the Pangong Lake areas.
- Prince Philip’s funeral to be muted amid COVID-19 pandemic: As the world is evidently shocked and grieved by the death of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh at the age of 99 after being Queen Elizabeth II’s consort for several decades, his funeral will be muted amid the COVID-19 pandemic. As per reports, he will be laid to rest on April 17 in a ceremony that will be colourful and filled with tradition but still comparatively low-key according to the royal standards.
- Following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip, his grandson Prince Harry is set to reunite with his family to pay his last respects at the funeral, but without wife Meghan Markle.
- China’s Xinjiang region is facing underground flooding in the Fengyuan coal mine in Hutubi County. The flood which has trapped 21 miners occurred on Saturday evening.
- IPL 2021: Nitish Rana & Rahul Tripathi lead KKR to a 10-run win over SRH
The Kolkata Knight Riders ( 187/6 ). defeated the SunRisers Hyderabad (177/5) by 10 runs in their opening match of IPL 2021
- April 12, Monday Rajasthan Royals vs Punjab Kings 7:30 PM Mumbai
$USD 74.73 💷GBP 102.45
🥇Gold ₹49,810@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 90.56
⛽ Diesel ₹ 80.87
LPG : ₹ 809 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Sir M. (Mokshagundam) Visvesvaraya KCIE FASc (15 September 1860 – 14 April 1962), was an Indian civil engineer, statesman and the 19th Diwan of Mysore, serving from 1912 to 1919. He pursued his degree from one of the best (at that time) and the 3rd oldest engineering college in Asia, College of Engineering, Pune. He received India’s highest honour, the Bharat Ratna, in 1955. He was knighted as a Knight Commander of the British Indian Empire (KCIE) by King George V for his contributions to the public good. His birthday, 15 September, is celebrated as Engineers’ Day in India, Sri Lanka and Tanzania in his memory. He was the Chief Engineer of Krishna Raja Sagara dam in the north-west suburb of Mysuru city, and also served as one of the Chief Engineers of the flood protection system for the city of Hyderabad.
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.
JOKE OF THE DAY
लड़की – मैं तुम्हारे प्यार में लुट गई, बर्बाद हो गई, बदनाम हो गई!
लड़का – तो पगली मैं कौन सा…तुम्हारे प्यार में कलेक्टर बन गया…
समोसे ही तो बेच रहा हूं…!!!
son’s son : सुतसुत sutasuta
Daughter : पुत्री putrī
Why does distilled water not conduct electricity where as rain water does?
Distilled water is the pure form of water. It is neutral in nature and also it doesn’t dissociate into ions and it has negligible ionization.
Electricity needs ions to move in an electrolyte, which is not provided by water.
Rain water on the other hand, contains dissolved salts, acids and even few basic particles. These particles dissociate in water into ions which help in conduction of electricity.
So, Rain water conduct electricity.
🤔 How it works ⁉
How does whales and Dolphins breathe ⁉️ 🐳🐬
Whales and dolphins are mammals and breathe air into their lungs, just like we do. They cannot breathe underwater like fish can as they do not have gills. They breathe through nostrils, called a blowhole, located right on top of their heads.
This allows them to take breaths by exposing just the top of their heads to the air while they are swimming or resting under the water. After each breath, the blowhole is sealed tightly by strong muscles that surround it, so that water cannot get into the whale or dolphin’s lungs. When a dolphin surfaces for air, he breathes out (exhales) first and then breathes in (inhales) fresh air; it only takes a fraction of a second for the dolphin to do this.
They have high amounts of haemoglobin and myoglobin to store oxygen in their blood and muscles, can reduce their heart rate and even shut down some organs when they dive to help them survive in the deep
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
List of the Wars
The First Kashmir War of 1947 – 48.
The Sino – Indian War of 1962.
The Indo – Pak War of 1965.
The Sino – Indian War of 1967.
The Indo – Pak War of 1971.
The Kargil War of 1999.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Mahabharata is one of the greatest written Hindu epic of all times . The story spans over 100000 shlokas, or over 200000 verses, as each shloka is a couplet. It is written by Veda Vyasa, in Sanskrit. Consisting of about 1.8 million words, the Mahabharata is almost 4 times longer than the Ramayana. The Mahabharata, meaning the great battle, narrates the epic Kurukshetra war and the fates of Pandava and Kaurava princes. It is centered around the central theme of Dharma, and contains devotional and philosophical content. The Mahabharata has been written in eighteen books, called parvas. The eighteen parvas are:
- Adi Parva
- Sabha Parva
- Vana Parva
- Virata Parva
- Udyoga Parva
- Bhishma Parva
- Drona Parva
- Karna Parva
- Shalya Parva
- Sauptika Parva
- Stri Parva
- Shanti Parva
- Anushasana Parva
- Ashvamedika Parva
- Ashramavasika Parva
- Mausala Parva
- Mahaprasthanika Parva
- Svargarohana Parva
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Radish is known to control damage to our red blood cells, and in the process also increases oxygen supply to the blood.
High on Fiber : If you eat it as part of your daily salad intake, without going overboard of course, radish also provides your system with ample roughage and fibers, therefore improving your digestion. It also regulates bile production, safeguards your liver and the gall bladder, and is great for taking care of water retention.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼