Today’s top news:
- Nation pays tribute to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on 124th birthday; declare January 23 as Parakram Day
- The Union Government is using Rapid Assessment System, RAS for taking feedback from those who get vaccinated for COVID-19.
- PM Modi will address an event at Sivasagar’s Jerenga Pothar, Assam, where the legendary Joymati sacrificed her life for her husband in the 17th century. Sivasagar — and Upper Assam — is also seen as representing the Assamese, and was marked by strong opposition to CAA.
- PM Modi will launch an Assam government initiative to distribute over one lakh land pattas (documents) to indigenous communities of the state — is the historic Jerenga Pothar in Upper Assam’s Sivasagar district.
- Based on Motor Vehicles Act; Driving On Wrong Side In Gurgaon May Lead to Licence Ban: Gurugram Police has decided to take stern action.
- Five people died as a fire tore through an under construction facility of Serum Institute of India in Pune. It is unlikely to impact the Covishield vaccine making process as the fire broke out in a facility away from the place where the COVID-19 vaccines are made.
- The Serum Institute, the “world’s largest maker of vaccines”, is producing millions of doses of the Covishield coronavirus vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University.
- Facebook executives will field questions from a parliamentary panel on Thursday about the changes to WhatsApp’s privacy , news agency Reuters reported citing sources, days after the messaging platform was asked by the government to withdraw them.
- Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit will take a decision on the release of seven people convicted for the assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi “within three to four days”, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta told.
- Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by a suicide bomber of the LTTE in Tamil Nadu’s Sriperambudur on May 21, 1991. The subsequent trial and conviction of his killers has been an emotive subject in Tamil Nadu, which had cropped up repeatedly around elections.
- Leader of the Opposition in Maharashtra Assembly Devendra Fadnavis appealed to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray to relocate a proposed Metro car shed to Aarey Colony in Mumbai.
- Kumbh Mela 2021: Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the Uttarakhand government has asked the centre for an additional 20,000 vaccines for the Kumbh Mela. This year the Mahakumbh is taking place after 12 years. Amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Shivraj Singh government in Madhya Pradesh had called off the winter session of the assembly citing coronavirus, weeks after conducting a successful campaign for by-elections.
- Karnataka cabinet troubles continue; CM Yediyurappa reshuffles portfolios within 24 hrs
- The Ladakh contingent for the Republic Day Parade as the young union territory is all set to make its debut in the extravaganza on Rajpath with a beautiful tableau depicting the iconic Thikse Monastery and its cultural heritage.
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Roorkee signed an MoU in New Delhi on Friday for continuation of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Professorial Chair focusing on research and development, teaching and training in the area of Development of Highway Infrastructure.
- The Congress will have an elected president by June 2021 “at any cost” in a decision taken on Friday by the party’s working committee
- Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa on Friday said five people were killed in the powerful explosion of a truckload of gelatin sticks at a stone crushing unit in Shivamogga district and assured action against unlawful mining and those responsible for the mishap.
- The Bombay High Court has granted three weeks transit anticipatory bail to web series “Tandav” director Ali Abbas Zafar and 3 others in an FIR registered in Uttar Pradesh.
- Bengaluru: The state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited achieved a major milestone by successfully test-firing a Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW) from the Hawk-i aircraft off the coast of Odisha.
- Border Security Force (BSF) on Thursday said the force was “apolitical” in response to allegations made by Trinamool Congress (TMC) that met a full bench of the Election Commission and claimed that the BSF was intimidating people in border areas of West Bengal to cast their votes in favour of a particular political party.
- The Indian Army is to conduct a large scale joint military exercise Kavach in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal. The Joint Military Exercise Kavach will involve Indian Navy, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Coast Guard.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- Myanmar received 1.5 million doses of COVID 19 vaccine as gift from India on Friday: External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar tweeted that the vaccines have arrived in Myanmar to contribute to its effort at inoculating its population.
- PM of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina has thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the gift of 2 million doses of COVID 19 vaccine to Bangladesh.
- High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Vikram Doraiswami handed over 2 million doses of COVID 19 vaccine gift to Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dr. A K Abdul Momen and Health Minister Zahid Maleque in a function held in Dhaka.
- “We Are Indians”: Protests Break Out In Arunachal Pradesh Over Chinese Village . The village lies in the Upper Subansiri district, an area which has been long disputed by India and China and has been marked by armed conflict.
- It was reported that China had constructed a new village in Arunachal Pradesh, around 4.5 kilometres inside of the de facto border on the Indian side. The village consists of about 101 homes. Locals carried out a march, carrying placards and burning effigies of Chinese President Xi Jinping even as they raised various pro-India, anti-China slogans.
- China on Thursday offered 500,000 COVID doses of the Sinopharm vaccine to Pakistan.
- The Astronomers have spotted massive hot UV-Bright stars in Milky Way Galaxy with the help of UVIT. UVIT is Ultra Violet Imaging Telescope. It is placed in Astrosat satellite.
- The Great Green Wall for Sahel and Sahara Initiative recently received 14 billion USD funds at the recent One Planet Summit for Biodiversity. The funding is to be used to restore degraded land, strengthen resilience, create green jobs and protect biodiversity. Among the financiers, the World Bank has committed 5 billion USD, African Development Bank committed 6.5 billion USD and Government of France committed 14 billion USD.
- Great Green Wall Initiative? It aims to transform the lives of 100 million Africans by growing 8,000 kilo metre long and fifteen kilo metre wide mosaic of trees, vegetation, grasslands, plants. The Great Green Wall is an African-led initiative. It was started in 2007 by the African Union to combat desertification, land degradation, drought.
- Coronavirus Cases: 98,353,744 op
- Indian cricket team’s recent victory has an inspiring message for the youth: PM Modi said. with regard to Aatmnirbhar Bharat is in the realm of instinct, action and reaction which is in sync with the mood of today’s youth. He was addressing the 18th Convocation of Tezpur University, Assam on Friday through video conferencing.
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) won the Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) 10th National Ice Hockey Championship trophy after a superb win over Ladakh in the finals in Gulmarg on Friday. At an altitude of 8,694 feet and the temperatures well below freezing point (Minus 1 degree), the National Ice Hockey Championship ended .
- Bangladesh clinched the 3-match ODI series against West Indies with an emphatic victory in the second ODI played at the Sher-e-Bangla cricket stadium in Dhaka on Friday.
- The rescheduled Tokyo Games may have to be held behind closed doors if they are to go ahead in Japan this year, athletics chief Lord Coe has admitted.
$USD 73.01 💷GBP 99.81
🥇Gold ₹50,940@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹71,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 88.56
⛽ Diesel ₹ 81.41
Facts about India
Subhash Chandra Bose : 23 Jan 1897 to 18 Aug 1945. Passed Civil service exams, elected as congress president, found Azad Hind Fauj at Singapore, fought against British, missed in flight crash.
Thought of the day
SUCCESS IS PERMANENT WEN WE ACHIEVE IT WITHOUT DESTROYING OUR
Joke of the day
Pappu Interview dene gaya…
Boss -tum kitne bhai-bahan ho?
Boss -unme se tumhara number kon sa hai
Pappu – Airtel😜😝🤪
https – Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure
Why holy book of Christians is called Bible and how did it got that Name? ✝️
It is interesting that the Bible never refers to itself as “the Bible.” the Bible is not really a book, but a collection of books. Yet, even the New Testament writers seemed to understand that the things being written about Jesus were to be considered part of Scripture.
The collection of these writings, including the New Testament, were first called the Bible somewhere around the fourth century in the writings of John Chrysostom. Chrysostom first refers to the Old and New Testament together as ta biblia (the books), the Latin form of biblos. It was also around this time that these collections of writings began to be put together in a certain order, and this collection of letters and writings started shaping into the one-volume book that we are familiar with today.
(This info was taken from internet, if anyone know the correct answer apart from this, they can share it…🙏🏻)
Ankush अंकुश: “Indestructible”.
How it works ⁉
How long can blood be stored in the refrigerator? ⁉️
Blood is an excellent culture medium for bacterial growth; therefore it is stored in approved refrigerators at 2-6°C, where it has a shelf life of 35 days from donation.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
‘ Tulsi mala’ is seen worn by ‘Vishnu’ and ‘Krishna’ devotees and Buddhists prefer the black ‘Tulsi mala’. It is often used for chanting mantras and even meditating. ‘Tulsi’ beads are not only medicinal but help in cleansing the mind and soul. It is believed that the use of Tulsi beads, purify the mind, body as well as the soul of a person. It radiates positive vibes in the aura of a person and helps him get rid of all forms of negative energy. Wearing a Tulsi mala increases the concentration and the wearer gets rid of health problems.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not )
Use of Jaggery or gur
Sugar is one of the most commonly used sweeteners and tea lovers will testify to the same. However, its nutritional profile is rather sketchy. Which is why alternatives such as jaggery are preferred by a whole lot of people.
Jaggery or gur is an unrefined sugar product referred to as a “non-centrifugal sugar,” as it is not spun during processing to remove the nutritious molasses. Jaggery is made mostly with sugar cane or date palm and offers a variety of benefits such as aiding in digestion, providing iron to the body, ward off cold, and cough.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼