Today’s top News
- Every year, India celebrates National Technology Day on May 11. In 2021 The National Technology Day is being celebrated under the theme:©: Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future. To mark the anniversary of Pokhran Nuclear tests that were conducted in 1998
The Pokhran Nuclear tests were a series of nuclear bomb test explosions that were held in the Pokhran Test Range of Indian Army. This was the second nuclear test conducted by India. The first one was called Smiling Buddha and was conducted in 1974.
- In Tamil Nadu, newly-elected MLAs of the 16th legislative assembly took oath Tuesday morning : The ceremony took place at Chennai’s Kalaivanar Arangam hall which is serving as the makeshift venue for sessions of the state assembly since the covid pandemic began. Elections to the post of speaker and deputy speaker will be held today.
- The Union Government has provided over 18 crore COVID vaccine doses free of cost to the States and Union Territories so far.
Labour Bureau, Chandigarh organized first Vaccination Camp for administering COVISHIELD vaccine for persons in the age group 45 years and above in its campus.
- West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar on Tuesday said he will visit areas affected by post-poll violence in Cooch Behar district on Thursday.
- Telangana lockdown news: On Tuesday afternoon, the State Cabinet resolved to impose a 20-hour lockdown for 10 days from Wednesday morning while allowing daily relaxations between 6 am and 10 am. The Cabinet will review the lockdown on May 20.
- The Bihar government on Tuesday said altogether 71 bodies have been fished out from the Ganga in Buxar district, where these were found floating in the river, triggering suspicion that the abandoned corpses could be those of COVID-19 patients. State Water Resources Minister Sanjay Kumar Jha, a key aide of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, came out with a series of tweets, asserting that the bodies had flown downstream from neighbouring Uttar Pradesh.
- A Delhi Court on Tuesday refused to give any interim relief from arrest to businessman Navneet Kalra for the second time in the alleged oxygen concentrator hoarding and black marketing case.
- The National Commission for Women has issued notices to Swaraj India leader Yogendra Yadav and BKU Ekta Ugrahan president Joginder Singh Ugrahan over reports of sexual assault on a 26-year-old woman activist at the Tikri border protest site, the women rights panel said on Tuesday.
- Suspended Assistant Police Inspector Sachin Waze, arrested by the National Investigation Agency in the case of an explosives-laden SUV found near industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s house and the murder of businessman Mansukh Hiran, was on Tuesday dismissed from police service. A 1990-batch officer of the Maharashtra cadre, Waze, 49, also known as an “encounter cop”, was suspended after his arrest by the NIA in the SUV-cum-murder case on March 13.
- The Congress on Tuesday set up a five-member group headed by former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan to evaluate the party’s performance in the just-concluded assembly polls, and another team under senior leader Ghulam Nabi Azad Covid to coordinate its Covid-19 relief work.
- The ‘Shaktimaan’ actor took to Facebook and shared a video along with a note stating that he was ‘perfectly alright.’ Dismissing rumours that suggested he was no more, Khanna hit out at those behind spreading false rumours about him, stating, ‘this is the problem with social media.’
- Three militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday , Security forces launched a cordon and search operation at Vailoo in Komernag area of the district early on Tuesday following information about presence of militants there, a police official said.
- Air India on Monday told its employees that it will not be able to hold COVID-19 vaccination camps for them at the Delhi airport on Tuesday and Thursday due to “non-availability” of vaccines.
- Vistara to run non-stop flights between Delhi and Tokyo starting June 16.
The airline is supposed to run once a week between the two destinations under India and Japan travel bubble agreement. The airline will be operating its Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft.
- IAF continues to airlift Oxygen tankers from across the globe ; HAL sets up hospital in Lucknow
- Indian Navy warships carry back Oxygen from Gulf countries; Japan funds O2 plants for North East
On Monday, (May 10, 2021), three Indian Navy warships arrived with consignment of Oxygen and medical supplies from overseas — INS Kolkata at New Mangalore, INS Trikand entered Mumbai and INS Airavat reached Visakhapatnam.
- PM Modi will not travel to the United Kingdom to attend a summit of the G7 grouping in person in view of the prevailing coronavirus situation, the ministry of external affairs said on Tuesday.
- Japan, UNDP join efforts to boost oxygen supply in India’s north-eastern region
As India continues to battle the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Japanese government and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India have partnered to provide oxygen generation plants to the North-Eastern region of India.
- A new India-UK Migration and Mobility Partnership (MMP) will cover the whole spectrum of immigration issues, including streamlining extradition processes as well as a new “bespoke” offer for greater mobility of young students and professionals in both countries, Britain’s Home Secretary Priti Patel has said.
- As of May 10, the Indian Air Force has carried out 84 international sorties, airlifting 81 cryogenic oxygen containers with a capacity of 1,407 MT along with 1,252 empty oxygen cylinders, 705 oxygen concentrators and Zeolite (respiratory oxygen raw material), the defence ministry said.
- India Covid crisis threatening the sales of Israel’s defense sector
Israel’s defense industry is in line to suffer from the expected massive cut in India’s defense budget as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak in the country. The magnitude of the hit differs between companies, with export to India making up 15% of all sales by the Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)
- Israel orders troop reinforcements as hostilities ramp up
The Israeli army said in a statement that the chief of staff has called in troop reinforcements in the country’s south as hostilities in Gaza press into a second day. Israeli Defence Minister Benny Gantz has ordered the mobilisation of 5,000 reserve troops to expand the current campaign “and deepen home front defence”.
- Japan launches first joint military drill with US, France
Japanese, US and French troops kicked off their first-ever joint military drill Tuesday in southwestern Japan, as concerns rise over China’s growing assertiveness in the region.
- The NASA Spacecraft called the “Osiris-Rex” has started a two year long journey back to the earth . The spacecraft reached asteroid Bennu in 2018. It then spent two years flying around it and collected rubbles. Rubbles are rough fragments of brick, stones. Bennu is the most hazardous asteroids currently known to the earth. Meaning it has one in 2,700 chances of hitting the earth in the late 22nd century. It makes its closest approach to the earth once in six years
- China has warned Bangladesh against joining the US-led Quad alliance , saying that Dhaka”s participation in the anti-Beijing “club” would result in “substantial damage” to bilateral relations.
The dates of the 2021 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships in Belgrade, Serbia have been agreed. The tournament will be held from 26 October – 6 November 2021
$USD 73.38💷GBP 103.87
In Patna (Bihar)
🥇Gold ₹45,915@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹71,650@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 94.57
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.58
LPG : ₹ 907.50©14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 49,161.81
NIFTY : 14,850.75
Facts about India
Bhaskar acharya (c. 600 – c. 680). was a 7th-century mathematician, who was the first to write numbers in the Hindu decimal system with a circle for the zero, and who gave a unique and remarkable rational approximation of the sine function in his commentary on Aryabhata’s work. On 7 June 1979 the Indian Space Research Organisation launched Bhaskara I honouring the mathematician
😀Thought of the day
Living in the favourable and unfavourable situation is called “Part Of Life” But smiling in all those aituation is called “Art Of Life”.
Joke of the day
Pappu – Muje Fone Pe Dhamki Mil Rhi He..!
Police – Kaun He Wo..?
Pappu – mobile service Wale..,…Bolte He-
Bill Na Bhara
Tho Kaat Denge😟😰😨
उपविशतु – बैठीये (sit)
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Total there are 24 spokes in Ashoka Chakra on the. Indian Flag. This was taken up by Asoka and depicted in the edicts at Sarnath where the original preaching by Buddha had taken place. The 24 spokes represent dharma and time in hours in a day.
🤔 Why ⁉
Scientific reason behind ©: Hanging lemon and chili tied to a thread outside of one’s house/Shop/vehicles ⁉
The logic behind this was that both lemon and chillies are rich sources of Vitamin C. So when a cotton thread is pierced through these substances, the cotton absorbs their nutrients and gradually vaporize them in air. Inhaling this air has health benefits.
Besides, the aroma (smell) from lemon and chillies keep insects and other pests away from the place.
Lemon and chilly were also tied to Bullock carts and other such modes of transport in the past. The reason being, when they used to travel through dense forests, there was a possibility of coming across snakes and other venomous creatures. There was no measure available to check whether a snake bite was poisonous or non-poisonous. In such cases lemon and chilly used to act as a parameter to check whether the bite was poisonous.
In case of a poisonous bite, the taste buds on the tongue won’t be able to differ or identify sour and spicy taste which would alarm the person and help him in taking curative action accordingly.
🤷🏻♂️ HOW …. ⁉️
How can only few birds hover in place? 🦅
The technical definition of hovering is to be be able to stay suspended in place in the air for a given period of time. Many birds can do this under the right conditions. The reason why hummingbirds are known to be the only birds to be able to hover is because they are the only birds who are evolutionarily equipped to fly in one place for many consecutive wing beats. They are the only birds that can hover in place without as much additional effort they normally require for general flying.
Eagles and other birds of prey can hover for short periods of time before diving in on ground-level or aquatic prey. Osprey Eagles like the one above are often found hovering for several seconds before calculating their dive while fishing.
True hovering occurs by generating through flapping alone, rather than by passage through the air, requiring considerable energy expenditure . This usually confines the ability to smaller birds, but some larger birds, such as a Kite or Osprey can hover for a short period of time. Although not a true hover, some birds remain in a fixed position relative to the ground or water by flying into a headwind. Hummingbirds, kestrels, terns and hawks use this wind hovering
Krestels are the only bird who can hover in place besides the hummingbirds. Krestels are incapable of beating their wings fast enough to generate lift to keep them aloft so they have to face into the wind. Hummingbirds are the premier hovering bird, although you will find that kestrels, hawks and terns can hover, too!
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Dasaratha ruled the land of Koshala in northern India. He got three wifes
Queen Kausalya , the first wife of the King Dasaratha and the mother of Shri Rama
Dasharatha married Kaikeyi as his 2nd wife and mother of Bharatha
Sumitra : 3rd Wife of Dashratha; Mother of Laxman & Shatrughna
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Beetroots contain a high concentration of nitrates, which have a blood pressure-lowering effect. This may lead to a reduced risk of heart attacks, heart failure and stroke.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GO VT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼