11 Oct (Tuesday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Kartika 02, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Ashwini (up to 4:17 pm) Bharani
Tithi: Dwitiya/ Tritiya
RahuKaal: 03:07 PM – 04:34 PM
GK for Kids Only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM_TRbuq6Bw
TODAYS TOP NEWS
💐 If you feel these News worthy, please with your friends 🙏
- The Union Health Ministry on Monday launched a 24×7 tele-mental health service called Tele Mental Health Assistance and Networking Across States (Tele-MANAS) on the occasion of World Mental Health Day. The service can be accessed by calling helpline numbers.
- IMD stated heavy to very heavy rainfall is very likely over Arunachal Pradesh on October 11.
- Heavy rainfall is likely over Uttar Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Telangana on October 11.
- Karnataka, West Bengal, Bihar, Sikkim, Assam and Meghalaya may witness heavy rainfall on October 11 and 12.
- Tamil Nadu and Puducherry may get it from October 11 to 14
- Between June 1 and September 30, India recorded 925 mm of rain against the normal of 870 mm and above-average rainfall was reported for the fourth consecutive year. According to a report, the increased rainfall can be attributed to the La Nina conditions across the Pacific Ocean.
- Supreme Court judges Justices DY Chandrachud and Abdul Nazeer objected to the process of selection and appointment of judges by seeking views through the circulation of letters.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : A US-based Andhra Pradesh native doctor Uma Devi Gavini has donated her entire wealth of ₹20 crore to Guntur Government General Hospital (GGH) recently in her hometown of Guntur.
- CHHATTISGARH CM Bhupesh Baghel has inaugurated the state’s own Olympics. The aim is to provide a centerstage to the village level sports so that a feeling of pride for the culture is inculcated.
- GUJARAT : PM Modi lays foundation of 1,448 crore projects in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- PM Modi inaugurates Phase 1 of Education Complex, Modi Shaikshanik Sankul in Ahmedabad; Underlines importance of skill development to ensure employment for youths.
- GOA govt is planning to make it compulsory for bar and restaurant owners to arrange cabs for their customers in drunken state to drop them home or in hotels, in case of tourists
- JHARKHAND cabinet on Monday approved a 4% hike in dearness allowance (DA) for state government employees and in dearness relief (DR) for its pensioners with effect from July 1 this year.
- LEH : Agni Tattva campaign first seminar under LiFE mission held in Leh. It is to raise awareness under LiFE – Lifestyle for the Environment is now being carried out by Power Foundation of India.
- MAHARASHTRA : The Election Commission has allotted the party’s name Balasahebanchi Shiv Sena to the Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde-led group.
- While the Election Commission has allotted the Shiv Sena (Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray) as the party name to the former Maharasthra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray-led faction. The Commission has also allotted Flaming Torch as a party symbol to it in the current Andheri East Bye-elections.
- IIT Bombay adds non-engineering subjects from management, entrepreneurship and design courses for undergraduate students in curriculum overhaul.
- MADHYA PRADESH : PM Modi is slated to inaugurate the first phase of the Rs 856-crore Mahakaleshwar Temple corridor development project in Ujjain on Tuesday.
- TELANGANA : The wife of Telangana’s DGP (CID) Govind Singh killed in car accident in Rajasthan. The accident happened after they were returning from the Tanot Mata temple.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Mulayam Singh Yadav,(82 yrs) the Samajwadi Party (SP) founder and former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, passed away on October 10 at a Gurugram private hospital. He was receiving treatment for multiple medical conditions. Last rites will be performed with full state honours in Saifai near Etawah in Uttar Pradesh.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Mohit Bhatia named CEO of Bank of India Mutual Funds
- The Supreme Court will hear the Enforcement Directorate’s plea against the Bombay High Court’s decision granting bail to former Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh in a money laundering case.
- Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut’s judicial custody has been extended till the 17th of October in connection with the Patra Chawl land scam case.
- DELHI Police on Monday questioned former minister Rajendra Pal Gautam over his presence at a religious conversion event where Hindu deities were allegedly denounced, and he will again be quizzed on October 11
💷 GBP ₹91.24
BSE Sensex : 57,991.11 −200.18 (0.34%) 🔻
NIFTY : 17,241.00 −73.65 (0.43%) 🔻
- India Cements announced that it has entered a pact with JSW Cement to divest its entire stake in Springway Mining Pvt Ltd (SMPL). Informing the stock exchanges, India Cements said that the total consideration for the deal was ₹476.87 crore.
- Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal attended the Listing Celebration of the 400th company in the BSE SME Platform in Mumbai.
- The Ministry of Coal has issued Allocation Order for 12 Coal Mines. The cumulative Peak Rated Capacity (PRC) of the 12 coal mines for which orders have been issued is 21 million tonnes per annum and Geological Reserve is 2300 million tonnes.
- The Coal Mine Development and Production Agreement was signed on August 17. The mines are expected to generate annual revenue of ₹3,569 crore and attract capital investment of ₹3,208 crore.
- Reserve Bank of India cancels the license of Pune-based The Seva Vikas Co-operative Bank Limited as the lender does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) on Monday said the vehicle retail sales in the country rose 57% during the Navratri festival this year. According to FADA, India reported a record sales of nearly 5.4 lakh vehicles between September 26 and October 5, 2022. Two-wheeler retail sales in this year’s Navratri festival reported a growth of 52.35% to 3,69,020 units.
- The privatisation process of IDBI bank is expected to conclude by September 2023. The financial bids for the sale will be invited by March next year.
- Gross direct tax collection increases by over 23 % to Rs 8,98,000 crore in current financial year.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 14 projects worth Rs 1,145 crore. The projects include sewerage management, curbing industrial pollution, and biodiversity conservation.
- Ajay Devgn took to Twitter to announce his upcoming project with filmmaker Neeraj Pandey. He added that the film will release in theatres on June 16, 2023. Neeraj is known for directing films like ‘Baby’, ‘Special 26’ and ‘A Wednesday.
- Speaking about ‘Adipurush’, Telugu filmmaker Tammareddy Bharadwaj has said that he does not understand how an animated film can be called a big movie. “A huge hype was created on the film as it was said…the film is being made with ₹500 crore. But the teaser was very disappointing,” he added.
- Three ships of the Indian Navy’s 1st Training Squadron (1TS) entered Dubai’s Port Rashid on Monday as part of a long-range training deployment. INS Tir, INS Sujata and Coast Guard Ship Sarathi were received by India’s Defence Attache and UAE Navy officials.
- INDIA ‘ACTIVELY PURSUING’ ISTAR SNOOP PLANE ACQUISITION: Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari’s comments indicate that the estimated $3 Billion procurement of five ISTAR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance) aircraft under the India-US Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) framework is on track. The ISTAR is a key force multiplier.
- Two warships—a Shivalik class and a Kamorta class—besides a Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft P8I will represent the Indian Navy in the Malabar Naval exercise in Japan.
- The other participants in Exercise Malabar will be from the United States Navy (USN), the Royal Australian Navy (RAN), and the Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF)—members of the ‘Quad’ or the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue.
- ‘Quad’ is commonly seen to be a grouping with an anti-China bias with a commitment to ensure “a free and open Indo-Pacific.
- Elite anti-terror teams from Russia and Central Asian countries have begun a five-day (October 8-13) joint anti-terror exercise at the National Security Guard (NSG) garrison in Manesar.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will visit USA to attend annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank.
- During her visit from the 11th to 16th October, Mrs Sitharaman will attend the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governor meetings.
- UAE’s foreign trade minister Thani Bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi said the UAE expects trade with India to cross $100 billion following the comprehensive economic partnership agreement signed in May 2022. The Indo-UAE trade stood at $73 billion, growing by 68% from last year.
- India issues advisory for citizens amid escalation in Ukraine. The advisory comes hours after Russia carried out strikes against multiple Ukrainian cities, including Kyiv.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- UN chief Antonio Guterres has condemned Russian missile strikes that hit multiple Ukrainian cities on Monday
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that Kremlin would respond harshly to ‘terrorist attacks’ referring to the Kerch bridge attack on Saturday.
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the 2022 Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel to Ben S Bernanke, Douglas W Diamond and Philip H Dybvig for research on banks and financial crises.
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan met the Secretary-General of FIFA, Fatma Samoura ahead of the FIFA U-17 World Cup.
- CM of Goa Dr. Pramod Sawant inaugurated FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup matches in Goa yesterday. The inaugural event took place at Shyama Prasad Indoor Stadium Taligaon.
- WOMEN’S FOOTBALL : India will face the USA in its Group-A opener of the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2022 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar
- Sixteen matches will be played from today till the 30th of October at Nehru Stadium Fatorda, .
- Oct 11, Tue
- India vs South Africa
- 3rd ODI at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- 13:30 IST / 08:00 GMT
- Pankaj Advani wins gold medal at IBSF World Billiards Championship in Kuala Lumpur.
- Brighton’s 24-year-old midfielder from Zambia, Enock Mwepu, has retired from football after being diagnosed with a hereditary heart condition.
- Novak Djokovic wins Astana Open: With a convincing straight-sets win over Stefanos Tsitsipas in the ATP final in Astana Open, Novak Djokovic won his 90th career championship and fourth in 2022.
Frmn : 01 Nov 1956
Govrnr: Thawarchand Gehlot
CM: Basavaraj Bommai
Districts : 31
🥇Gold ₹ 53,390 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 66,000 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹101.94/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.89/Ltr
⛽ CNG ₹ 85.00/Kg
LPG : ₹ 1,050.50 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Jayaprakash Narayan ( 11 October 1902 – 8 October 1979), popularly referred to as JP or Lok Nayak ( People’s Leader), was an Indian independence activist, theorist, socialist and political leader.
He is also known as the “Hero of Quit India Movement” and he is remembered for leading the mid-1970s opposition against Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, for whose overthrow he had called for a “total revolution”
In 1999, he was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, in recognition of his social work. Other awards include the Magsaysay award for Public Service in 1965.
😀Thought of the day
Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.
JOKE OF THE DAY
MBA student hugs a girl
Girl: what is dis ?
Boy: direct marketing
Girl: slaps a boy
Boy: what is dis ?? .
Girl: customer’s feedback
Why cow milk is Yellow in colour*
Carotene is fat soluble and responsible for the yellow colour of milk, cream, butter, ghee and other fat-rich dairy products. Besides contributing to the colour of cow milk, carotene acts as an antioxidant and also as a precursor of vitamin A.
सत्यानंदः अंतरतः विद्यते
True happiness lies within
घृतम् : Ghee
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Kerosene is an oil distillate commonly used as a fuel or solvent. It is the byproduct of the refining of crude oil to make kerosene, It is a thin, clear liquid consisting of a mixture of hydrocarbons that boil between 302°F and 527°F (150°C and 275°C). While kerosene can be extracted from coal, oil shale, and wood, it is primarily derived from refined petroleum. Before electric lights became popular, kerosene was widely used in oil lamps and was one of the most important refinery products. Today kerosene is primarily used as a heating oil, as fuel in jet engines, and as a solvent for insecticide sprays.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
11 October – International Day of the Girl Child*
International Day of the Girl Child is observed on 11 October to raise voices for girls and stand up for their rights.
Kolkata Metro is the first metro in India. The first metro service was inaugurated in Kolkata in 1984 by former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. The route is to cover 12 stations (6 elevated, 6 underground) and go under the river through a tunnel. however first suburban was started in 1925 in Mumbai suburban.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Shahenshah of Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan, born Inquilaab Srivastava; 11 October 1942, is an Indian film actor, film producer, television host, occasional playback singer and former politician.
He first gained popularity in the early 1970s for films such as Zanjeer, Deewaar and Sholay, and was dubbed India’s “angry young man” for his on-screen roles in Bollywood. Star of the Millennium, or Big B has since appeared in over 190 Indian films in a career spanning almost five decades.
The Government of France honoured him with its highest civilian honour, Knight of the Legion of Honour, in 2007 for his exceptional career in the world of cinema and beyond.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A slap on the wrist : Just a small punishment*
Eg: You will get a slap on the wrist for painting this wall but don’t dare to do it again
Invective** × Approval
SYNONYMS* Invective : accusation
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
SKANDAMATA* -The fifth day of Navratri is for Skandamata- mother of the war God Skanda (Kartikey). She rides ferocious lion and carries Lord Skanda(infant) in her lap. It is believed that she was chosen as the commander in chief of war against the demon, thereby she is also recognized as “Goddess of Fire.” The iconography of this female God is depicted with four hands, lotus flower in her upper two hands, one hand in Abhaya Mudra, and one right hand, she carries Skanda. She is often pictured seated on a lotus flower and is referred to as Padamasani also.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Notes : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Tejpatta in food helps reduce sugar levels in the body and provide protection against type-2 diabetes. Tejpatta is rich in phytonutrients, which is effective in treating cardio vascular diseases. They may improve the functioning of heart and prevent heart attacks.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRNDS🌼