𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
11 Oct (Monday)
Titi: Shashthi (up to 11:51 pm) Saptami
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- Over 95 cr COVID-19 vaccine doses administered so far; Recovery rate nears 98%
- PM Modi to launch Indian Space Association via video conferencing at 11 AM . He will also interact with representatives of the Space Industry on this landmark occasion. Indian Space Association is the Premier Industry Association of Space and Satellite companies, which aspires to be the collective voice of the Indian Space industry.
- Echoing the Prime Minister’s vision of Aatmanirbhar Bharat, ISpA will help in making India self-reliant, technologically advanced and a leading player in the space arena. ISpA is represented by leading home grown and global corporations with advanced capabilities in space and satellite technologies.
- PM Modi to launch first ever National Infrastructure Masterplan ‘PM Gati Shakti’ on Oct 13: Pradhan Mantri Gati Shakti scheme is aimed at giving a foundation for holistic infrastructure and an integrated pathway to the economy. It will help the country’s local manufacturers turn globally competitive. The new initiative worth over one hundred lakh crore rupees will also bring employment opportunities to the youth.
- Railways has successfully operated two long haul freight trains Trishul and Garuda for the first time over South-Central Railway. Long haul trains, which are twice or multiple times longer than the normal composition of freight trains, provide a very effective solution to the problem of capacity constraints in critical sections.
- Railway Ministry said, Trishul is the first long haul of South-Central Railway comprising of three freight trains of 177 wagons. This train was started on 7th of this month from Kondapalli station of Vijayawada division to Khurda division of East Coast Railway. The Ministry said, South Central Railway followed it up with running of yet another similar one named Garuda on 8th of this month from Raichur of Guntakal division to Manuguru of Secunderabad division.
- A public sector bank was forced to withdraw a dress code circular for its employees for the Navratri celebrations after a strong protest from the bank employees’ union and censure on social media.
8 J&K : Security forces have detained over 700 people in J&K in response to the killing of seven civilians, including those from the Kashmiri Pandit, Sikh and Muslim communities, in six days.
- Three-time legislator and the longest-serving provincial president of Jammu and Kashmir National Conference in Jammu, Devender Singh Rana on Sunday resigned from the primary membership of the party along with another leader Surjeet Slathia.
- Karnataka : An earthquake of 3.0 magnitude was recorded in Kalaburagi on Sunday, the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC) said. The earthquake was felt two km north east of Kodadur in Kalgi Taluk of Kalaburagi district at 6.05 AM.
- Kannada actor Satyajith passed away at the Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospital in Karnataka’s Bengaluru. Originally named Syed Nizamuddin, the actor began his journey in the film line as an antagonist. Satyajith has acted in over 600 films. He was 72 yrs.
- Maharashtra : A union of traders in Maharashtra has objected to the state government calling a bandh today in protest against last week’s violence in Uttar Pradesh’s Lakhimpur Kheri where four farmers were among eight people killed.
- Odisha BJP’s chief whip in the Odisha Assembly Mohan Charan Majhi had a narrow escape on Sunday when two unidentified miscreants hurled bombs at his car in Keonjhar district,
- Rajasthan :The brother of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has been summoned again by the Enforcement Directorate for questioning in a case of illegal export of fertiliser. Agrasen Gehlot has been told to come to the probe agency’s office in Delhi.
- Tamil Nadu : A preliminary flood alert was sounded on Sunday by authorities to people living close to the banks of Kosasthalaiyar River in Tiruvallur district as the nearby Poondi Reservoir is expected to reach its full capacity.
- Telangana and Uttarakhand have become the first states in the country to introduce mobile court units to allow witnesses and victims, including women and children, to record evidence from remote locations under circumstances which do not permit them to appear before courts in person.
- Three candidates with the name of ‘E. Rajendar’ have filed their nomination papers to contest in October 30 bypoll to the Huzurabad Assembly constituency, apart from BJP candidate Etala Rajendar.
- Justice Satish Chandra Sharma has been appointed Chief Justice of the High Court of Telangana. The Union government notified his appointment on Saturday after President Ram Nath Kovind endorsed the recommendation of the Supreme Court Collegium.
- Bollywood : The Narcotics Control Bureau has recorded the statement of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s driver in connection with the seizure of drugs from a cruise ship off the Mumbai coast.
- The Indian Navy would be participating in the second phase of Multilateral Maritime Exercise Malabar along with the Japan Maritime Self Defence Force, Royal Australian Navy and the United States Navy. The exercise is being conducted in the Bay of Bengal from 12th to 15th of this month. First Phase of the exercise was conducted in the Phillipines Sea from 26th to 29th August.
- The Indian Navy’s participation includes INS Ranvijay, INS Satpura and a Submarine. The Malabar series of exercises, which began as an annual bilateral naval exercise between India and the US in 1992, has seen increasing scope and complexity over the years.
- 13th round of India-China military talks: India on Sunday pressed for an early disengagement of troops in the remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh at the 13th round of military talks with China that lasted for around eight-and-half hours.
- The talks took place in the backdrop of two recent incidents of attempted transgressions by the Chinese troops – one in the Barahoti sector of Uttarakhand and another in the Tawang sector in Arunachal Pradesh.
Border stand-off between Indian and Chinese militaries erupted on May 5 last year following a violent clash in Pangong lake areas
Weekend Highlights :
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Minister of State for External Affairs, V. Muraleedharan will be paying an official visit to New York from 11 Oct. During the 3 day visit, Mr Muraleedharan will represent India at the UN Security Council High Level Open Debate on Peace-building and sustaining peace.
- The UN Security Council High Level meeting is convened by Kenya which holds the Presidency of UN Security Council in the month of October, and will be chaired by the Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta.
- Govt allows export of Russia’s Sputnik Light vaccine manufactured in India.
Sputnik Light is the same as component-1 of the Russian vaccine Sputnik
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- South Korea’s ruling Democratic Party has selected the governor of Gyeonggi Province, Lee Jae-myung, as its candidate for the Presidential Election next March
- Sixteen people were killed after an aircraft carrying parachutists crashed in central Russia on 10 Oct. The L-410 plane carrying 22 people crashed during a flight over the republic of Tatarstan.
- The govt of Bangladesh is planning to set up its second nuclear power plant in the southern region of the country. Rooppur is the first nuclear power plant of Bangladesh being built with financial and technological support from Russia. The 2400 megawatt Rooppur nuclear power plant is expected to become functional by 2024.
- At least 2 children killed, 3 injured in bomb blast in Balochistan’s Hoshab. (LEAs).So far, no one has claimed responsibility for the blast, while an investigation is underway.
- Iranian Parliament Speaker, Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf condemns the recent attack in a mosque in Afghanistan’s Kunduz and asks authorities to punish those behind the tragic incident that killed over 100 people and injured many.
- Australian children as young as five could be eligible for coronavirus vaccines before the end of 2021 as the country continues to battle the third wave of the pandemic.
- IPL Match-10 Oct
Chennai Super Kings beat Delhi Capitals by 4 wickets; Enter into the final.
CSK 173/6 (19.4)
DC 172/5 (20)
Chennai Super Kings win by 4 wickets
- T20 World Cup: ICC announces prize money, The ICC said that the winners of the T20 World Cup will take home a cheque of 1.6 million dollars while the runners-up will get half that amount.
- Indian athletes bagged all the medals in the four events on the final day of the ISSF Junior World Championships in Lima, Peru. In the medal standings, India finished at the top with 40 medals in total, including 16 gold, 15 silver and nine bronze. The second place in the medals tally went to the USA with 21 medals that included seven gold, eight silver and six bronze medals.
$USD 75.13 💷GBP 102.32
Karnataka : Bengaluru
CM : Basavaraj Bommai
Gvnr : Thawar Chand Gehlot
🥇Gold ₹48,440@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 107.77
⛽ Diesel ₹ 98.52
CNG ₹ 50/Kg
LPG : ₹ 902.50/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,059.06
NIFTY : 17,895.20
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Jayaprakash Narayan ( 11 October 1902 – 8 October 1979), popularly referred to as JP or Lok Nayak ( People’s Leader), was an Indian independence activist, theorist, socialist and political leader.
He is also known as the “Hero of Quit India Movement” and he is remembered for leading the mid-1970s opposition against Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, for whose overthrow he had called for a “total revolution”
In 1999, he was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, in recognition of his social work. Other awards include the Magsaysay award for Public Service in 1965.
😀Thought of the day
Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more
JOKE OF THE DAY
MBA student hugs a girl
Girl: what is dis ?
Boy: direct marketing
Girl: slaps a boy
Boy: what is dis ?? .
Girl: customer’s feedback
Why cow milk is Yellow in colour
Carotene is fat soluble and responsible for the yellow colour of milk, cream, butter, ghee and other fat-rich dairy products. Besides contributing to the colour of cow milk, carotene acts as an antioxidant and also as a precursor of vitamin A.
सत्यानंदः अंतरतः विद्यते
True happiness lies within
घृतम् : Ghee
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Kerosene is an oil distillate commonly used as a fuel or solvent. It is the byproduct of the refining of crude oil to make kerosene, It is a thin, clear liquid consisting of a mixture of hydrocarbons that boil between 302°F and 527°F (150°C and 275°C). While kerosene can be extracted from coal, oil shale, and wood, it is primarily derived from refined petroleum. Before electric lights became popular, kerosene was widely used in oil lamps and was one of the most important refinery products. Today kerosene is primarily used as a heating oil, as fuel in jet engines, and as a solvent for insecticide sprays.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
11 October – International Day of the Girl Child
International Day of the Girl Child is observed on 11 October to raise voices for girls and stand up for their rights.
Kolkata Metro is the first metro in India. The first metro service was inaugurated in Kolkata in 1984 by former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. The route is to cover 12 stations (6 elevated, 6 underground) and go under the river through a tunnel. however first suburban was started in 1925 in Mumbai suburban.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Shahenshah of Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan, born Inquilaab Srivastava; 11 October 1942, is an Indian film actor, film producer, television host, occasional playback singer and former politician.
He first gained popularity in the early 1970s for films such as Zanjeer, Deewaar and Sholay, and was dubbed India’s “angry young man” for his on-screen roles in Bollywood. Star of the Millennium, or Big B has since appeared in over 190 Indian films in a career spanning almost five decades.
The Government of France honoured him with its highest civilian honour, Knight of the Legion of Honour, in 2007 for his exceptional career in the world of cinema and beyond.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A slap on the wrist : Just a small punishment
Eg: You will get a slap on the wrist for painting this wall but don’t dare to do it again
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
SKANDAMATA -The fifth day of Navratri is for Skandamata- mother of the war God Skanda (Kartikey). She rides ferocious lion and carries Lord Skanda(infant) in her lap. It is believed that she was chosen as the commander in chief of war against the demon, thereby she is also recognized as “Goddess of Fire.” The iconography of this female God is depicted with four hands, lotus flower in her upper two hands, one hand in Abhaya Mudra, and one right hand, she carries Skanda. She is often pictured seated on a lotus flower and is referred to as Padamasani also.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Tejpatta in food helps reduce sugar levels in the body and provide protection against type-2 diabetes. Tejpatta is rich in phytonutrients, which is effective in treating cardio vascular diseases. They may improve the functioning of heart and prevent heart attacks
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼