11 May (Wednesday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaisakha 25 (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 11(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Purva Phalguni (up to 7:28 pm) Uttara Phalguni
Titi: Dashami (up to 7:31 pm)Ekadashi
RahuKaal: 12:23 PM – 02:01 PM GK TODAY : https://youtu.be/i35RHhOAeFQ
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- CYCLONE ASANI: The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on 10 May, Tuesday issued a ‘yellow warning’ for heavy rainfall in some districts of Odisha.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation on 10 May Tuesday conducted searches at 8 locations including Jammu, Srinagar & Mumbai at the premises of the members of Estate Committee of the Board of Directors including Chairman of J&K Bank, Directors, Executive Directors.
- Can sedition cases be kept in abeyance till govt completes review of Section 124A: The Supreme Court asks Central govt.
- A converged communication system designed and developed by RailTel Corporation of India Limited will be installed at 230 railway stations in South Western Railway Zone at a cost of over 107 crore rupees.
- ANDHRA: The India Meteorological Department (IMD) issues red alert for Andhra Pradesh as Cyclone Asani changes track.
- ARUNACHAL : Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will be on a three day visit to Arunachal Pradesh from 11 May Wednesday.
- ASSAM : Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the Assam government’s monthly newsletter ‘Asom Barta’ in Guwahati on Tuesday. “The newsletter will enable citizens to stay connected with the government and its policies.
- BIHAR college principal, lecturers among 4 arrested for BPSC paper leak. Bihar Public Service Commission’s question papers for civil services (preliminary) examinations
- DELHI :. Amid a row over the demolition drive in Shaheen Bagh, Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Tuesday said, “Bulldozer badnaam hua, encroachment tere liye”. He added that it has become a fashion to give a “communal colour” to criminal acts, and asserted that “legal action” against “illegal acts” should be supported.
- J&K : The CBI on 10 May, Tuesday searched eight locations in Jammu, Srinagar and Mumbai in connection with alleged irregularities in purchase of a building by J&K Bank in Mumbai in 2010.
- A court on Tuesday charged a Hurriyat leader and others with “selling” MBBS seats in Pakistan medical colleges to Kashmiri students, and using that money to fund terror activities in Jammu and Kashmir.According to a statement, a court of Special Judge designated under the NIA Act, Srinagar.
- KARNATAKA IPS officer Ravindranath resigns for 4th time, in his career, citing “harassment”. “I’m prematurely transferred without any public interest…since I’ve taken legal action against people involved in the fake caste certificate issue,” he said in a letter.
- MAHARASHTRA : Amid the loudspeaker issue in Maharashtra, MNS chief Raj Thackeray in his letter to Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray told the state government to ‘not test the party’s patience’. In his letter, Raj Thackeray said that over 28,000 MNS workers were served notices. He also questioned why many MNS workers were arrested even before they began protesting against loudspeakers in mosques.
- PUNJAB : Mohali blast news: Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann seeks report from police, assures strict action against culprits
A minor blast took place at the Punjab Police Intelligence Headquarters on 09 May Monday evening. No casualties or loss of live was reported.
- Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday granted interim stay on arrest of Delhi BJP leader Tejinderpal Singh Bagga till July 5.
- WEST BENGAL : Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader Abhishek Banerjee will visit Guwahati on Wednesday to inaugurate a new state headquarters and meet the TMC’s state leadership.
💷 GBP ₹95.17
BSE Sensex 54,364.85
NIFTY : 16,240.05
Crypto assets lost $800 billion in market value over the past month, touching a low of $1.4 trillion on Tuesday, as per data site CoinMarketCap.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur along with movie celebrities from across the country will walk the Red Carpet at Cannes on the 17th of May.
75th Cannes Film Festival is going to be a gala event as celebrities including Akshay Kumar, AR Rahman and Nawazuddin Siddiqui are set to walk the Red Carpet as part of Indian delegation on the opening day of the film festival.
- India is the Official Country of Honour at Cannes Film Market in this edition of the festival. This is the first time that this honour has been bestowed on any country and comes at a time when India is celebrating its Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. India and France are also celebrating 75 years of diplomatic relations this year.
- Netflix could launch lower-priced ad-supported plans in the final three months of 2022 and begin cracking down on password-sharing during the same time. It said the details were mentioned in a note to Netflix employees by the company’s executives.
- The release date of Arjun Kapoor-starrer ‘Ek Villain Returns’ has been postponed. The new release date, 29th July 2022.
- The world of Indian music lost one of its legends on Tuesday as eminent santoor maestro Pandit Shivkumar Sharma, 84, passed away in Mumbai. He will be cremated with state honours on Wednesday.
- President Ram Nath Kovind on 10 May Tuesday presented Gallantry Awards at Defence Investiture Ceremony- 2022 at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
He conferred 13 Shaurya Chakras, including six posthumous, to the personnel of Armed Forces for displaying gallantry, courage and devotion to duty
The President also conferred 14 Param Vishisht Seva Medals, four Uttam Yudh Seva Medals and 24 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals for distinguished service of exceptional order.
- As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and Swarnim Vijay Varsh celebrations, a delegation of 25 Bangladesh Mukti Jodhas (Freedom Fighters) involved in the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation visited Headquarters of Eastern Air Command of Indian Air Force in Shillong on 10 May Tuesday.
- Northern Army commander Lt Gen Upendra Dwivedi said that around six major terror camps and 29 minor camps were still training terrorists on the Pakistani side.
In the backdrop of reports that around 200 terrorists are waiting in various terror launch pads in Pakistan to infiltrate into the Indian side, the Army has a stern warning.
- Indian navy is looking to acquire a dedicated earth imaging satellite — Geo Imaging Satellite-2 (GISAT-2) — this fiscal. Once operational, the satellite is expected to enhance the navy’s operational capabilities in the Indian Ocean region.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India says, it fully supports democracy, stability and economic recovery in Sri Lanka.
- India-Oman Joint Commission Meeting to be held in New Delhi on May 11.
- A high-level delegation from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on three-day visit to India from Wednesday. The delegation will be led by UAE Minister of Economy Abdulla Bin Touq Al Marri.
- Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre, High Commission of India in Dhaka organised programme to celebrate birth anniversary of Gurudev RabindranathTagore. Artists performed songs of Tagore, recited poems on this occasion..
5.BYJU’S group company Great Learning has reportedly acquired Singapore’s executive education firm Northwest Executive Education in a stock and cash deal of around $100 million. “BYJU’S is aggressively focusing on the higher education segment.
- Intelligence Bureau has warned other concerned intelligence agencies and state police over the formation of the group ‘Lashker-E-Khalsa’ which is active on social media to recruit people.The intelligence inputs accessed by ANI read that the Pakistan intelligence agency ISI (Inter-Services Intelligence) has made a social media presence in the name of LeK.
- Central Intelligence agencies have found the role of suspected over ground workers of Khalistani extremists group associated with Pakistan-based terrorist, in a blast reported at Punjab Police’s intelligence headquarter building in Mohali on Monday.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Russia has said that it will not participate in UNHRC’s special session on the Ukraine crisis, describing the upcoming event as a ‘new political show’.
- Sri Lanka issues shoot-on-sight orders amid riots : Amid an economic crisis in the country, the Sri Lankan Defence Ministry ordered its Armed Forces to open fire at anyone looting public property or causing harm to others.
- Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa
urges for peace as death toll due to clashes rises to 8.
- Afghanistan’s Taliban rulers on May 7 ordered all Afghan women to wear head-to-toe clothing in public. The decree says that women should leave the home only when necessary and that male relatives would face punishment for women’s dress code violations
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
a). Lucknow Super Giants vs Gujarat Titans, 57th Match
Gujarat Titans won by 62 runs
GT – 144/4 (20)
LSG – 82 (13.5)
Player of the Match
b). May 11, Wednesday
Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Capitals
58th Match at Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Ex-NBA player Adreian Payne was shot dead in a Florida townhouse on Monday. Police have released the picture of a suspect, 29-year-old Lawrence Dority, who was arrested and charged with murder.
WEST BENGAL: Kolkata
Formed : 26 Jan 1950
Gvnr : Jagdeep Dhankhar
CM : Mamata Banerjee (AITC)
Dist : 23
🥇Gold ₹52,990 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹61,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹115.12/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹99.83/Ltr
AUTO GAS : 74.83/Kg
LPG : ₹ 1026/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Karnataka : The region was popularly referred to as ‘Karnata desa’ in Indian history. The other accepted derivative comes from the Kannada words karu and nādu meaning elevated land, or from the Kannada words kal and nādu meaning rock country, referring to the rocky terrain of the state. Another etymological derivative of the name comes from lear or black—a reference to the black cotton soil of the region. Mysore state was renamed Karnataka in 1973.
😀 Thought of the day
One important key to success is self-confidence.
An important key to self-confidence is preparation
JOKE OF THE DAY
Why was the math book always worried?🙄🤔
A: Because it had so many problems.🤣
⁉ WHY NEEDLES ARE NOT SOLD AT NIGHT ⁉
The main reason why needles are’nt sold after 6 PM i.e after sunset is that because in olden days there wouldn’t been any lights or anything of such kind (Perhaps! Yeah the chimneys were there but not that powerful as electric lights) and if needles are missed out somewhere it would be difficult to search in darkness and may lead to anything harmful!
Few more Similar things are:-
Not plucking nails at evening/night time
Not cutting hair
Not stitching clothes
Not whistling at night (attracts insects)
मादृश् – मेरे जैसा
त्वादृश् – तेरे जैसा
भवादृश् – आप जैसा
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Air conditioner working principle
AC operating principle of the air conditioner. An air conditioner collects hot air from a particular room, processes it into itself with the help of a refrigerant and a series of coils, and then releases cool air into the same room where the hot air was originally collected.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
11 May – National Technology Day
Every year National Technology Day is observed on 11 May to highlight the important role of Science in our daily lives and encourage students to opt for science as an option for a career. On this day Shakti, the Pokhran nuclear test was held on 11 May, 1998.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
General Satyawant Mallanna Shrinagesh (also known as Satyavant Shrinagule Mallannah) (11 May 1903 – 27 December 1977) was an Indian military officer who served as 3rd Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army from 14 May 1955 till 7 May 1957.
After retirement he served as the Governor of Assam from 14 October 1959 to 12 November 1960 and again from 13 January 1961 to 7 September 1962.
He was the Governor of Andhra Pradesh from September 1962 to 4 May 1964 and Governor of Mysore from 4 May 1964 to 2 April 1965.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Go on a wild goose chase
To do something pointless
Gloomy x Cheerful Lively
momentous ~ important
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Ravana : Ten headed King of Lanka, who abducted Sita;
Brother of Kumbhakarna, Vibhishana, Khara, Ahiravana, Dushana, Shurpanakha
Father of Indrajit, Atikaya, Akshayakumara, Narantaka, Devantaka, Trishira;
Husband of Mandodari & Dhanyamalini
The Ramayan Epic analysts interpret his ten heads as the emotional states Ravana had got. They are
Maatsarya (Envy), Ahankaara (Ego),
Buddhi (Mind or Intellect).
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
STEAMING for your skin?
It’s cleansing. Steam opens up your pores and helps loosen any buildup of dirt for a deeper cleanse. Opening up your pores also softens blackheads, making them easier to remove.
It releases trapped sebum. This naturally occurring oil is produced by your sebaceous glands to lubricate your skin and hair. When sebum gets trapped beneath your skin’s surface, it creates a breeding ground for bacteria and causes acne and blackheads
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼