𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
11 Jan (Tuesday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Pausha 23, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 9 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Shashthi (up to 10:43 am) Saptami
Rahu Kaal : 03:15 PM – 04:35 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- 4,033 cases of Omicron variant of Covid-19 reported so far in country. Out of these total cases, 1,552 patients have already been recovered and migrated.
- Maximum number of 1,216 cases have been reported from Maharashtra followed by Rajasthan 529 case and Delhi 513 case. Omicron cases have been reported in 27 States and Union Territories.
- Over 151 crore 94 lakh doses of COVID vaccines administered in country so far ; Recovery rate stands at 96.62%
- Administration of precautionary dose of Covid 19 vaccine for healthcare and frontline workers & those over 60 years of age with co-morbidities begins across country.
- Ministry of Science and Technology said that visually challenged students from all over the country will have access soon to Braille Maps designed and developed using Digital Embossing Technology, enabling them for ease of use, user-friendly, better feeling, and durable in terms of quality.
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw directed the senior officials of various Railway zones and divisions to facilitate use of Railway hospitals and health infrastructure for the general public in the context of recent surge in COVID cases across the country.
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw flags off newly launched Agartala-Jiribam-Agartala Jan Shatabdi Express train connecting the states of Manipur and Tripura via Assam.
- KARNATAKA : Chandrashekhar Patil no more: Noted Kannada writer-activist ‘Champa’ passes away at 82 on 10 Jan.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Election Commission making all arrangements for COVID-safe elections with maximum participation. The process of Assembly polls for Uttar Pradesh is going to begin with the issuance of notification on 14th of this month. Uttar Pradesh will go to polls in seven phases from 10th of February to 7th of March.
- ODISHA Cabinet decided to extend the upper age limit for entry to state government service to 38 for three years up to 2023, state chief secretary Suresh Chandra Mahapatra said.
- PUNJAB : Supreme Court to constitute a high-level committee headed by retired Supreme Court judge to investigate lapses in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s security in Punjab.
- RAJASTHAN Schools: The Rajasthan government has announced the closure of schools in urban areas, along with curfews on Sunday.
- TAMIL NADU govt has extended lockdown restrictions till Jan 31, whilst announcing a complete lockdown on Jan 16, amid the rapid surge in COVID cases.
- PM Modi will inaugurate govt medical colleges across Tamil Nadu and the new campus of the Central Institute of Classical Tamil in Chennai on Jan 12.
- AirAsia India has announced a free rescheduling offer for all flights on their network for bookings made till 31st January 2022 for travel until 31st March 2022. AirAsia India’s ‘Plan The Change’ campaign offer will enable guests of AirAsia India the flexibility to change their travel dates.
💷 GBP 100.56
BSE Sensex 60,395.63
NIFTY : 18,003.30
- FCRA (Foreign Contribution Regulation Act) licence of Missionaries of Charity restored, can receive foreign funds. A home ministry official said that with the restoration of the FCRA licence, the Kolkata-based famed organisation will be able to receive foreign fundings and can also spend the money lying in the banks.
- World’s largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin’s price fell below $40,000 for the first time in over five months on Monday. Bitcoin fell more than 5% to as low as $39,558, marking the largest decline for the cryptocurrency for a start of the year since at least 2012. Ether, the second largest cryptocurrency, also fell as much as 7.2% to $2,926 on Monday.
- Bollywood actor Sonu Sood’s sister Malvika Sood joined the Congress on Monday in presence of state Congress chief Navjot Singh Sidhu and Chief Minister Channi.
- O Yeong-su became the first Korean actor to win the Golden Globe Award for the Best Supporting Actor in a TV series. The 77-year-old won the award for his Netflix series ‘Squid Game’
- The 14th Round of Senior Highest Military Commander Level (SHMCL) Talks will take place on 12 th January at Chushul-Moldo meeting point, on the Chinese side at 0930 AM.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) expects to deliver all Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas in the Final Operational Clearance (FOC) variant to the Indian Air Force (IAF) in 2022 while the TEJAS MK-1A, with specific enhancements, will take flight by middle of this year, said R. Madhavan, Chief Managing Director, HAL.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has tested positive for COVID with mild symptoms. He is under home quarantine.
- Rafale M, the marine version of the French fighter jet Monday successfully carried out a demonstration ski-jump from the shore-based test facility (SBTF) at INS Hansa, in Goa, to project its capabilities to operate from Indian aircraft carriers.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar spoke to his Cambodian counterpart Prak Sokhonn, discusses ASEAN relations and situation in Myanmar.
- India expresses deepest condolences to families of innocent victims who have lost lives in the violence in Kazakhstan. Says as a close and friendly partner of Kazakhstan, India looks forward to an early stabilization of the situation.
- Why the political violence and economic grievances engulfing Kazakhstan : Massive protests started in Mangystau, a region in Western Kazakhstan that borders the Caspian Sea and is a critical area for the country’s oil production. The trigger of the protests was the elimination of fuel subsidies over the weekend, which led to a doubling of the price for liquefied petroleum gas, the fuel used in the majority of vehicles in Kazakhstan. Energy prices are contentious; when they rise, especially for the most economically vulnerable, they feel financial pain, and it can quickly become a political landmine.
- Russian troops are in Kazakhstan, providing support to President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev’s authoritarian government after it was rocked by protests over a sharp rise in fuel prices. Starting Jan. 2, protesters took to the streets and clashed with security forces.
- India has urged France to advocate for a ban on weapon sales by the European Union to Pakistan, citing its support for terrorism, the distinct possibility of transfer of sensitive technologies to China and its poor human rights record. France has taken over the presidency of the Council of the European Union this month and will hold it till June.
- USA Permits Import Of Indian Mangoes And Pomegranates As India Allows Entry Of American Cherries & Pork.
- Sri Lanka on Sunday launched a luxury train service connecting Jaffna district to its capital Colombo with the help of a Line of Credit offered by India. The High Commission of India termed it “another significant landmark” in bilateral ties. India’s total development portfolio in Sri Lanka is over $3.5 billion, of which around $570 million are purely grant projects.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Bangladesh notifies restrictions on public gathering, transport, restaurants, COVID vaccination certificate required for arriving passengers.
- China is reportedly selling its anti-ship missiles CM-501GA to Pakistan. The Z-9 helicopter used by the Pakistan Navy will carry these missiles and will be deployed on the 054 A/P frigates.
- WOLF VOLCANO
also known as Mount Whiton, is the highest peak in the Galápagos Islands. Wolf Volcano erupts on Galapagos islands of Ecuador. It is situated on Isabela Island and reaches 1,707 m (5,600 ft).
- Pakistan: 21 dead trapped in vehicles after heavy snowfall in Murree hill station in Punjab province.
- Iraq’s new Parliament elects Speaker months after national election
The new Parliament in Iraq elected Sunni lawmaker, Mohammed al-Halbousi as the Speaker on Sunday, three months after the national election. The incumbent speaker, Halbousi won after securing 200 votes in the 329-seat house defeating acting Speaker Mahmoud al-Mashahadani.
- Sudan pro-democracy group rejects UN offer for talks with military
Sudan’s leading pro-democracy group, the Sudanese Professionals’ Association (SPA) rejected UN’s offer to mediate talks with the military. SPA said that the “only way” out of the ongoing crisis is through the removal of the generals from power. The group reiterated its demand for a fully civilian government. Sudan plunged into crisis after a military coup in October last year.
- PRO KABADDI
January 10, 2022
Jaipur Pink Panthers 30
Dabang Delhi K.C. 28
- Match 45
Tamil Thalaivas 45
Haryana Steelers 26
- Five golfers including Aditi Ashok among 10 more athletes added to TOPS: Ace rider Fouaad Mirza, golfers Anirban Lahiri, Aditi Ashok and Diksha Dagar and Alpine Skiier Mohammed Arif Khan are among the 10 athletes added by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports’ Mission Olympic Cell (MOC) to the list of athletes who would be provided support under the Target Olympic Podium Scheme.
- Birthday: Rahul Sharad Dravid or Rahul Dravid (Born 11 January 1973) is a former Indian cricketer and captain of the Indian national team.
He is the Director of Cricket Operations at National Cricket Academy, Bengaluru.
In July 2018, Dravid became the fifth Indian cricketer to be inducted into ICC Hall of Fame.
- Telangana state Industries Minister K T Rama Rao has extended financial support to a tune of 15 lakh rupees to the special International Chess Player Malika Handa from Punjab.
KERALA : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Gvnr : Arif Mohammad Khan
🥇Gold ₹48,600@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,300@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 106.36
⛽ Diesel ₹ 93.47
LPG : ₹909/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI (2 October 1904 – 11 January 1966) was an Indian statesman who served as the second Prime Minister of India. He promoted the White Revolution – a national campaign to increase the production and supply of milk – by supporting the Amul milk co-operative of Anand, Gujarat and creating the National Dairy Development Board. Underlining the need to boost India’s food production, Shastri also promoted the Green Revolution in India in 1965. This led to an increase in food grain production, especially in Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
He led the country during the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965. His slogan “Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan” (“Hail to the soldier; Hail to the farmer”) became very popular during the war. The war formally ended with the Tashkent Agreement on 10 January 1966; he died the following day, still in Tashkent, with the cause of his death in dispute; it was reported to be a cardiac arrest, but his family was not satisfied with the proffered reason. He was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna.
😀Thought of the day
Discipline & united action are the real source of strength for the nation.
—Lal Bahadur Shastri
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher : pappu how do u spell crocodile??
pappu : krokodail
teacher : no that’s wrong..
Pappu : maybe that’s wrong but you asked me how i spell it..🤪😆😝
Why does the energy of the Sun never end?
sun burns using a nuclear fusion process, combining hydrogen into helium. The sun generates energy from a process called nuclear fusion. During nuclear fusion, the high pressure and temperature in the sun’s core cause nuclei to separate from their electrons. Hydrogen nuclei fuse to form one helium atom. During the fusion process, radiant energy is released.
मूर्खस्य पञ्च चिह्नानि गर्वो दुर्वचनं तथा ।
क्रोधश्च दृढवादश्च परवाक्येष्वनादरः ॥
mūrkhasya pañca cihnāni garvo durvacanaṃ tathā ।
krodhaśca dṛḍhavādaśca paravākyeṣvanādaraḥ ॥
There are five signs of a fool; vanity, wicked conversation, anger, stubborn arguments, and a lack of respect for other people’s opinions.
मूर्ख के पाँच लक्षण हैं; घमंड, दुष्ट वार्तालाप, क्रोध, जिद्दी तर्क, और अन्य लोगों की राय के लिए सम्मान की कमी।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
A thermometer has a glass tube sealed at both ends and is partly filled with a liquid like mercury or alcohol. As the temperature around the thermometer’s bulb heats up, the liquid rises in the glass tube. … When it is hot, the liquid inside the thermometer will expand and rise in the tube.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
11 JANUARY- National Human Trafficking Awareness Day.
It is observed on 11 January to spread awareness about the persistent issue of human trafficking.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Babulal Marandi (born 11 January 1958).
He was the first Chief Minister of Jharkhand
Shibu Soren (born 11 January 1944) is an Indian politician who thrice served as Chief Minister of Jharkhand, first in 2005 for 10 day (2 March to 12 March), then from 2008 to 2009 and again from 2009 to 2010.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
The early bird gets the worm
The first people who arrive will get the best stuff
Awful – Terrible
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Sun is known in by twelve names: Mitra, Ravi, Surya, Bhanu, Kha, Pusha, Hiranyagarbha, Marichin, Aditya, Savitra, Arka and Bhaskara.
Suryanamaskar or the sun salutation exercise in Yoga has twelve postures dedicated to each one of these forms
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Hydration is an important and often overlooked marker of health. Staying hydrated helps ensure that your body is functioning optimally and that your blood volume is sufficient.
Drinking water is the best way to stay hydrated, as it’s free of calories, sugar, and additives. Although there’s no set amount that everyone needs per day, aim to drink enough so that your thirst is adequately quenched
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼