11 Feb (Friday)
Shishir Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Magha 25, (Purnimata)/ Magha 10 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Dashami (up to 1:52 pm) Ekadashi
Rahu Kaal : 11:17 AM – 12:41 PM Yoga for Migraine relief https://youtu.be/Xg8IuM0XSoc
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Mughal Gardens at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be open for the public from coming Saturday. The gardens will remain open till 16th March and people can visit between 10 AM to 5 PM except on Mondays. President Ram Nath Kovind opened the annual Udyanotsav of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has said that 29 States have been covered under the Krishi Udan 2.0 Scheme. The Scheme 2.0 was announced in October last year focusing on transporting perishable food products from the hilly areas, North-Eastern States and tribal areas. Providing more air connectivity (national and international) between origin-destination airports aimed at bringing in improved logistics efficiency.
- NITI Aayog member Dr VK Paul on Thursday said that India is set to get its first Messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine soon. “India’s first homegrown mRNA COVID-19 vaccine being developed by Pune-based Gennova Biopharmaceuticals is currently under final clinical trials.
- The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh’s (RSS) Muslim wing says fanatics misusing burqa-clad student to defame India to disturb harmony and peace in the country. . In a statement, the Muslim Rashtriya Manch categorically said that it does not support such ‘fanaticism and religious frenzy’ and favoured the move to enforce dress code for students in educational institutions in Karnataka.
- The Centre on Thursday said there is no proposal under consideration for giving additional attempt to aspirants of 2022 civil services examination. Union Minister Jitendra Singh said the issue of granting age relaxation and extra attempt to the candidates due to COVID-19 had been brought before Supreme Court. He said it hasn’t been found feasible to change the existing provisions.
- TAMIL NADU: A 38-year old man was arrested after hurling petrol ‘bombs’ ‘ at Tamil Nadu BJP office to oppose party’s pro-NEET stand.
- . UTTAR PRADESH: Allahabad High Court on Thursday granted bail to Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra Teni’s son Ashish Mishra in the Lakhimpur violence case.
- Indian Railways transforms old coach into restaurant at Jabalpur station :West Central Railway has transformed an old and unused coach near platform number 6 of Madhya Pradesh’s Jabalpur Railway Station into a restaurant. This initiative was initiated under Non-fare Revenue Policy and is likely to earn a revenue of ₹13 lakh annually. Reportedly, six other stations under West Central Railway will also launch restaurants inside refurbished coaches.
- In Uttar Pradesh, polling for the first Phase of Assembly Elections was held today in 58 Assembly Constituencies spread over 11 districts. Over 60% voter turnout was registered in this phase. The state is witnessing Seven-Phased elections.
- PM Modi addressed a political rally in Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh on 11 Feb, where elections will be held in second phase.
- Congress’s Senior leader Rahul Gandhi also held public rallies at Manglore in Haridwar and Jageshwar in Almora district Uttarakhand. He said that the aim of Congress is to eradicate poverty and to this end, Rs. 40,000 will be given annually to 5 lakh poor.
- BSP chief Mayawati addressed a rally in Haridwar today where she raised the issue of unemployment in the state.
- The Election Commission has revised the assembly poll dates for Manipur. The voting for the first phase of elections will be held on 28th of February instead of 27th February. The commission said, the second phase of voting will take place on 5th of March instead of 3rd March.
- Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) Arvind Kejriwal said on Thursday that AAP will grant land rights to residents of Goa within six months of forming government. Kejriwal, who was speaking at gathering in Goa’s Poriem, said the party will also provide free education and electricity. “Due to these facilities every household will get benefit of ₹2 lakh per year,” he added.
THE KARNATAKA HIJAB ROW started from a govt college in Udupi, Karnataka in the month of January 2022, when six Muslim girls were prevented from attending classes. They were told to take off their hijab before entering the classroom to ensure uniformity in classrooms.
Later, right-wing groups in Udupi and Chikmagalur objected to hijabs and the protests spread across the state. In retaliation, many students turned up in saffron scarves and Dalit students adopted blue scarves in support of hijab-wearing girls. In the entire controversy several terms like hijab, niqab and burqa have been used interchangeably.
Generally people get confused with Hijab, Burqa & Niqab used by muslim women.
So What is Hijab? : The word hijab itself describes the act of covering up. It is a head scarf that covers the head and the neck but leaves the face uncovered.
Some Muslim women wear this when they are in public.
On 1 February each year, World Hijab Day is observed in solidarity with Muslim women “who choose to wear the hijab and live a life of modesty”
NIQAB : It is a veil that covers the head, neck and most of the face, except the eyes.
BURQA :. It covers the entire body from head to toe, leaving a mesh screen in front of the eyes..
What is the present situation?
The Karnataka High Court, after the hearing of petitions challenging the ban on hijab in colleges, on 10 Feb (Thursday) asked students not to wear ‘religious things’ till the disposal of the matter.
A single bench of Justice Krishna S Dixit of High Court had referred the petitions filed by Muslim girl students to a larger bench while observing that important questions relating to Constitutional rights and personal law are involved. The high court said that it will pass an order directing the reopening of colleges. Following these protests, a three-day holiday from 9 Feb has been declared in all the universities under the Department of Higher Education and colleges under the department of Collegiate and Technical Education (DCTE)
The pre-University education board had released a circular stating that students can wear only the uniform approved by the school administration and no other religious practices will be allowed in colleges.
JUST FOR INFO : Even Pakistan Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai reacted to the hijab controversy in Karnataka, posted a statement on Twitter, “horrifying”, saying that it is unfair that girls wearing hijabs are being asked not to attend classes in Karnataka colleges and educational institutes..?
In recent times several countries have partially or completely banned the burqa including Austria, France, Belgium, Denmark, and Bulgaria. It has been banned in some or all educational institutes in Norway, Azerbaijan, Kosovo, and Eygpt.
💷 GBP 102.17
BSE Sensex 58,926.03
NIFTY : 17,605.85
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 10 Feb kept the benchmark interest rate unchanged at 4% and decided to continue with its accommodative stance in the backdrop of an elevated level of inflation.
- Three Important Stocks To Soon Pay You Dividend Dividends are rewarding in the sense that they offer an income stream besides the stock appreciation that the stock may offer in the medium to long term.
Alkem Lab Rs. 30
NMDC Rs. 5.73
CAMS Rs. 10.75
- Actor-comedian Sunil Grover, who recently underwent heart surgery after suffering from heart attack, took to Twitter to share an update. “Treatment is done, I am healing now, thank you for your prayers, I am feeling grateful!” he wrote. Grover underwent 4 bypass surgeries at Mumbai’s Asian Heart Institute after his angiogram showed blockages in all 3 major heart arteries.
- Oscar 2022 : Ceremony attendees not required to provide COVID-19 vaccination proof. The Oscars will return to its traditional setting in the Dolby Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard for its upcoming ceremony on March 27.
- On February 8, the Junior Commissioned Officer Sanjay Kumar, a recipient of India’s highest wartime gallantry award- Param Vir Chakra, who is currently posted as an instructor at the Pune-based National Defence Academy (NDA), has been promoted to the rank of Subedar Major for his continued dedication and devotion to the army. He was promoted by Air Marshal Sanjeev Kapoor, Commandant, NDA, for his continued dedication and devotion to service.
- Subedar Major Sanjay Kumar of 13th Battalion of the Jammu and Kashmir Rifles who was awarded the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest gallantry award, for his selfless commitment and sacrifice in the face of an enemy, to be posted as instructor and a role model for the cadets. Subedar Major Sanjay Kumar, PVC, was enrolled as a young rifleman in the 13th Battalion of The Jammu and Kashmir Rifles during the Kargil War of 1999.
- BSF airdrops commandos to flush out Pak fishermen hiding in Gujarat: The Border Security Force on 10 Feb launched a massive search operation in the Harami Nala area along the India-Pakistan border and deployed its specialised unit of ‘Creek Crocodile Comandos’. The Pakistani boats were spotted during drone surveillance of the area by the BSF.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The Govt of India has issued fresh COVID-19 guidelines for international passengers arriving in the country from February 14. As per the latest reviewed guidelines, the seven days mandatory isolation is not required after testing negative at the airport.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will participate in the 4th Quad Foreign Ministers’ Meeting tomorrow in Melbourne in Australia along with the Foreign Ministers of Australia, Japan and the United States.
- What is QUAD? :
The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QSD) or QUAD. Former Japanese Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe was the first to float the idea, for the formation of Quad in 2007. Since its formation in 2007, the representatives of the four-member nations have met periodically
India, Japan, Australia and the United States of America. It is a grouping frequently seen in the news nowadays because of the current geopolitical situation in the world. What is China’s take on QUAD?
China negatively portrays the Quad as a precursor to a militarised Asian NATO
- PM Modi will address the high-level segment of One Ocean Summit today(11 Feb) @ 2:30 PM through a video message. The Summit will also be addressed by several Heads of States and Governments including Germany, United Kingdom, South Korea, Japan and Canada among others.
- One Ocean Summit is being organised by France from 9th to 11th February, in Brest, France, in cooperation with the United Nations and the World Bank. The objective of the Summit is to mobilise the international community to take tangible action towards preserving and supporting healthy and sustainable ocean ecosystems.
- The government on Thursday said that efforts have been made to obtain files and other records relating to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose from the UK, the US, Russia, Japan and China. V Muraleedharan, the Minister of State for External Affairs was responding to a question about the governments’ efforts to seek help regarding the controversy around Netaji’s death.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- A 1,640-foot-long and 230-foot-tall bridge in Germany has been demolished using 120 kg explosives. A drone footage showed the bridge crashing down as its 16 pillars buckled after explosion. “The successful blasting is an important step for the new construction in Rinsdorf,” said Elfriede Sauerwein-Braksiek, Director of the Westphalia Motorway Network.
- Madagascar’s death toll due to Cyclone Batsirai climbs to 92
- Scotland’s minister Nicola Sturgeon said face masks will not be required for students and teachers inside secondary school classrooms from February 28, when schools reopen after their half-term break. Sturgeon said the rule change will “reduce barriers to communication in the classroom and reduce any well-being impacts which arise from the use of face coverings”.
- A teenager who helped raise more than £60,000 (over ₹61 lakh) for a 6-year-old boy with cancer, whom he never met, has died. Rhys Langford, 19, from Wales, was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in October 2020. Rhys had read about Jacob and had told his parents, “If…nothing…can be done for me, I want to try and help save this little boy.”
- Six people were killed after a suicide bomber targeted a minibus of delegates involved in Somalia’s parliamentary elections in Mogadishu on 10 Feb.
- Britain’s Prince William, (Duke of Cambridge,) on 10 Feb marked his first official visit to the UAE. William is expected to meet Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum during his one-day visit.
- PRO KABADDI
February 10, 2022
Puneri Paltan 26
Patna Pirates 43
Bengal Warriors 39
Dabang Delhi K.C. 39
- India vs West Indies 3rd ODI Match 2022
Start Date: 11/02/2022 ( Day/Night )
Start Time: 13:00 (Local Time)
Stadium : Narendra Modi Stadium formerly known as Motera Stadium, is a cricket stadium situated inside the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Sports Enclave in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Dalip Singh Rana, better known as ‘The great Khali’ for his exploits in the World Wrestling Entertainment, joined the Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday.
CM : Naveen Patnaik
Govnr : Prof. Ganeshi Lal
Total districts : 30
1 April 1936
🥇Gold ₹49,540 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 102.23
⛽ Diesel ₹ 92.30
LPG : ₹926/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Space Research Organisation, ISRO has launched a total of 129 satellites of Indian Origin and 342 foreign satellites belonging to 36 countries since 1975.
😀 Thought of the day
Everyday is an opportunity of new life.
If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher : “What is common between JESUS, KRISHNA , GURUNANAK, ALLAH, MAHAVIR & BUDDHA?”⁉️
Pappu : 🙄🤔”All are born on govt holidays…!!!😁😝🤪
Why V use as B In Bengali language.?
Eg : Rabindranath Tagore
( Note : It is just for your knowledge, each language is unique and having its own esteem)
Because Bengali language does not have unique pronunciation for “b” and “v” (ब and व of Hindi). Both are pronounced like the Hindi ब/b.
Not only V sound, standard Bengali does not have Z sound either . For example many Bengali speaker will pronounce Jimbabwe instead of Zimbabwe. And Venice may be pronounced as Bhenice.
(This Information took from Quora.com🙏🏻)
धान्यानामुत्तमं दाक्ष्यं धनानामुत्तमं श्रुतम् ।
लाभानां श्रेय आरोग्यं सुखानां तुष्टिरुत्तमा ॥ – Source – Mahabharat vanparva
dhānyānāmuttamaṃ dākṣyaṃ dhanānāmuttamaṃ śrutam ।
lābhānāṃ śrēya ārōgyaṃ sukhānāṃ tuṣṭiruttamā ॥
Meaning : Skill is superior to material things knowledge is superior to wealth. Health is superior to profits and contentment is the best form of happiness.
भावार्थ:अन्नों में उत्तम निपुणता है। धनों में उत्तम शास्त्र-ज्ञान है। लाभों में उत्तम नीरोग (उत्तम स्वास्थ्य) है। सुखों में उत्तम सन्तोष है।
उत्कृष्ट : Great
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Thermocol is made
Thermocol is a plastic. It’s polystyrene. Polystyrene is a polymer made from the monomer styrene, a liquid hydrocarbon that is commercially manufactured from petroleum. Thermocol contains an important thermoplastic compound, called polystyrene which is obtained by the polymerisation of styrene or phenylethene. The chemical properties of phenylethene are identical to polyethene. It responds very slowly to bacterial decomposition in the soil, thus making the soil infertile.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
11 February – World Day of the Sick
It is observed on 11 February. The day was introduced by Pope John Paul II as a way for believers to offer prayers for those suffering from illness.
The first woman to cross seven important seas of the world by swimming – Bula Chaudhury (India)
The first Indian film released in India was Shree pundalik a silent film in Marathi by Dadasaheb Torne on 18 May 1912
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Maharaja Sir Sardar Singh Bahadur (11 February 1880 – 21 March 1911) was the Maharaja of Jodhpur State from 11 October 1895 till his death on 20 March 1911.He succeeded his father Maharaja Sir Jaswant Singh II in 1895
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Pull yourself together Calm down
Gloomy – Cheerful
Jealous – Envious
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
There are six Ritus means “season”
Spring (Vasant Ritu)
Summer (Grishma Ritu)
Monsoon (Varsha Ritu)
Autumn (Sharad Ritu)
Pre-winter (Hemant Ritu)
Winter (Shishir Ritu)
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Spinach (PALAK) is a rich source of Vitamin K which helps in promoting a the production of a protein called Osteocalc in that is responsible for stabilizing calcium in the bones. In addition to being rich in vitamin K, spinach is also a great source of calcium and vitamin D, dietary fibre, potassium, magnesium and vitamin C, all of which are important nutrients that are good for bone health.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼