11 Aug (Friday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 25, (Purnimanta)
Sravana 25, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Mrigashirsa /Ardra
Tithi : Ekadashi
Rahu : 10:55 AM – 12:32 PM
Yamaganda : 03:45 PM – 05:22 PM
DO YOU KNOW THE EVOLUTION OF COMPUTERS..? https://youtu.be/XPOH6ozPmfs
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) predicts heavy rainfall over Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sikkim, and Arunachal Pradesh during next 4 to 5 days.
- Rajya Sabha passes Pharmacy (Amendment) Bill, 2023 with special provision relating to youth of J&K.
- The Post Office Bill, 2023 was introduced in the Rajya Sabha yesterday amid din. The Bill seeks to repeal the Indian Post Office Act, 1898 and to amend the law relating to the Post Office in India.
- The Chief Election Commissioner and other Election Commissioners (Appointment Conditions of Service and Term of Office) Bill, 2023 was introduced in the Rajya Sabha amid din.
- Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation released the report on Assessment of Employment Potential of Jal Jeevan Mission in New Delhi.
- Union Ministers and MPs will participate in the Tiranga Yatra in the national capital today ahead of the Independence Day celebrations.
- A total of six infrastructure projects worth more than 28 thousand crore rupees have been recommended under PM GatiShakti. Three projects each are related to Railways and Road Transport and Highways. The decision was taken at the 53rd National Planning Group meeting, held in New Delhi.
- Road and Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari informed the Lok Sabha that the average waiting time at fee toll plazas has been reduced from 734 seconds to 47 seconds.
- Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury was suspended from Lok Sabha over deliberate and repeated misconduct and the matter has been referred to Privileges Committee.
- Opposition MPs staged a walkout from the Lok Sabha on Thursday as PM Modi was replying to a debate on the no-confidence motion, complaining that there was no reference to Manipur in the first 90 minutes of his speech.
- PM assures peace in Manipur soon, says ‘Northeast our jigar ka tukda’.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the second phase of the annual Nationwide Mass Drug Administration initiative for Lymphatic Filariasis in New Delhi. India is committed to eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis by 2027.
- The Government has limited role in fixing of particular percentage for women judges in judiciary: Law Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal said in Rajya Sabha. He also added that 03 women Judges are working in the Supreme Court, 106 women Judges are working in the High Courts and 7199 women Judges are working in the District and Subordinate Courts.
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur informed the Rajya Sabha that a total of three thousand 92 women are being trained under sports promotional schemes of Sports Authority of India.
- First Female Train Driver in India: Surekha Yadav is the first woman from India to become a train driver and also a train driver of indigenously designed train “Vande Bharat Express”.
- MADHYA PRADESH: PM Modi to lay the foundation stone of rail and road sector projects on 12th August.
- PM will perform Bhoomi Poojan at Sant Shiromani Gurudev Shri Ravidas ji Memorial Sthal. The memorial will be constructed in an area of more than 11.25 acres and at a cost of more than one hundred crore rupees.
- GUJARAT, World lion day is being celebrated with great enthusiasm in over 8500 educational institutions across the ten districts of Saurashtra yesterday. On the occasion of, World Lion Day, Gujarat CM Bhupendra Patel virtually launched Lion Anthem’ and unveiled the Sinh Suchna’ Web App.
- In HARYANA: Schools and other educational institutions are set to open in Haryana’s Nuh on Friday after remaining closed since July 31 when communal violence erupted in the district.
- RAJASTHAN: CM Ashok Gehlot has launched the “Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Yojana 2023.” This program provides free mobile phones, internet, and voice call services to women in the state.
- In KARNATAKA: The Gruha Lakshmi scheme of the Karnataka government, which promises Rs 2,000 to the women heads of the households, will now be launched across the state on August 27 instead of August 20, Deputy Chief Minister D K Shivakumar said.
- The Meitei and Kuki MLAs of Manipur have written separate letters to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and made conflicting demands over the presence of Assam Rifles in the ethnic strife-affected state.
- The peace talks between the Centre, Assam government and the ULFA pro-talk faction will be held at the national capital after Independence Day, the outfit’s leader Anup Chetia has said.
- World Biofuel Day is being observed to create awareness about importance of non-fossil fuels. August 10 was chosen to mark World Biofuel Day as it was on this date in 1893 that German inventor Sir Rudolf Diesel successfully used peanut oil to operate a diesel engine.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- KERALA CM Pinarayi Vijayan’s daughter T Veena got suspicious payments of Rs 1.72 cr for services not rendered: A controversy has erupted over these suspicious payments and the Congress party in Kerala has demanded a judicial probe into the allegations.
- In Goa: People Demand Immediate Arrest Of Catholic Priest Bolmax Pereira Over Shivaji “Not God” Remarks.
- Congress leader Jagdish Tytler, an accused in the Pul Bangash killings during the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, on Thursday moved a Delhi court seeking permission to appear before it through video conferencing (VC).
- The Enforcement Directorate on Thursday moved the Delhi high court seeking to vacate its order that granted interim protection from coercive action to online news portal NewsClick and its editor-in-chief Prabir Purkayastha, uptill the next date of hearing.
- NewsClick is again in the spotlight after a recent New York Times report claimed that the news portal was part of a global network that received funding from American billionaire Neville Roy Singham, who allegedly works closely with the Chinese government media machine.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 82.65
GBP ₹ 105.15
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,688.18 −307.63 (0.47%)🔻
NIFTY: 19,543.10 −89.45 (0.46%)🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Paradip Port Authority has become the fastest major port to handle 50 million metric ton Cargo in the current fiscal year. It has exhibited 6.5% growth over the corresponding period of the previous fiscal year.
- Reserve Bank of India has kept the key interest rate unchanged for third time in a row. Announcing the bi-monthly monetary policy, RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) unanimously decided to keep the repo rate unchanged at 6.5%.
- India’s first payment bank, Airtel Payment Bank also became the first Indian Bank to launch an eco-friendly debit card for its new and existing customers.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) approved the appointment of Amit Jhingran as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer for SBI.
- The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on Thursday allowed the merger of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd and Culver Max Entertainment (earlier known as Sony Pictures Networks India).
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- ‘JAILER’ movie starring Rajinikanth along with Mohan Lal, Jackie Shroff, Shiva Rajkumar, Sunil, Ramya Krishnan, Vinayakan, Mirna Menon and Tamannah released on August 10.
- Superstar Rajinikanth has returned to the silver screen after almost two years with Nelson Dilipkumar directorial ‘Jailer’.
- Bollywood movies to be get released today (11 AUGUST 2023)
- OMG 2
- Cast: Akshay Kumar, Yami Gautam
- GADAR 2
- Cast: Sunny Deol, Ameesha Patel
- Cast: Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor
- OMG 2
- The National rounds of the second edition of the Fit India Quiz will be aired on popular OTT platform Disney Hotstar from Saturday (12 Aug).
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Ministry of Defence issued two Requests for Information (RFI) to procure High Mobility Vehicles (HMV). The plan is to buy 2,150 such vehicles initially.
- India, Japan, the United States and Australia will hold the Malabar navy exercise off the coast of Sydney on Friday, the first time the war games previously held in the Indian Ocean have taken place in Australia.
- Indian navy warships INS Sahyadri and INS Kolkata will participate in Exercise MALABAR 2023, hosted by the Royal Australian Navy from August 11 to 21.
- The Delhi Police is acquiring Russian Dragunov sniper rifles to provide added security measures ahead of the G20 Summit.
- Border Security Force will run Operation Alert from August 11 to August 17 along the India-Pakistan International Border to thwart infiltration and smuggling attempts in view of the Independence Day.
- Recently the Supreme Court has issued notice to the Centre on a petition alleging gender discrimination and reservation for male candidates in selection for the posts of Judge Advocate General (JAG) in the Army.
- Asking the Centre to respond to the petition filed by two women JAG aspirants in four weeks, a Bench said, “Considering the nature of the interim relief, we deem it appropriate to order to keep aside two of the notified vacancies, until the returnable date.”
- The Secunderabad Cantonment Board (SCB) has approved the transfer of defence lands for elevated corridors/skyways under the Strategic Road Development Programme (SRDP).
- This decision, following the directions of the Ministry of Defence (MoD), mandated a deposit of Rs 383.44 crore into the Secunderabad Cantonment fund account as compensation for an equal value of land, covering an extent of 33.72 acre, as calculated by the Defence Estates Officer (DEO).
- Poland’s defense minister said on Thursday that the country intends to put 10,000 soldiers along its border with Belarus. The statement comes as Warsaw worries about the presence of Russian-linked mercenaries in Belarus and migrants trying to cross the border.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- India has extended support amounting to USD 2,46,852.71 for project aimed at bolstering early flood warning services to communities in Suriname.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar met UK Minister of State Tom Tugendhat in Delhi. Dr Jaishankar said in a tweet that they discussed how India and the United Kingdom could make their partnership more contemporary and productive.
- G20: Recently China opposes Sanskrit phrase ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ in documents, . ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’, which is translated as ‘the world is one family’, has regularly been used by PM Modi in his speeches at various forums including the United Nations.
- In Nepal: MP Sunil Kumar Sharma arrested on a charge of acquiring a fake academic certificate from India. The Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) of Nepal Police has arrested lawmaker Sunil Kumar Sharma from his house in Kathmandu.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- US President Joe Biden signed an executive order banning American investments in key technology industries that could be used to enhance Beijing’s military capabilities.
- Poland’s Defence Minister Mariusz Blaszczak said that the country is planning to move nearly ten thousand troops to the border with Belarus.
- Pakistan President Arif Alvi approves premature dissolution of National Assembly at outgoing Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s advice.
- Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and the leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Raja Riaz held a consultative meeting to reach a consensus on selecting a name for the caretaker PM.
- At least 36 people have died in wildfires on the Hawaiian island of Maui. The deaths in the city of Lahaina came as strong winds from a distant hurricane fanned the flames.
- A magnitude 5.2 earthquake struck Indonesia’s eastern province of Maluku. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has replaced its Chief of General Staff, Pak Su Il. Pak was replaced by General Ri Yong Gil, who previously served as Defence Minister.
- At least 17 people dead after Rohingya boat capsizes on its way from Myanmar to Malaysia.
- Ecuador was under a state of emergency Thursday after the assassination of a popular presidential candidate just days before an election dominated by concerns over the once-peaceful country’s descent into brutal violence linked to drug trafficking.
- : Two people were killed on Thursday after Ukraine shelled a small village in the Russian border region of Bryansk.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- In HOCKEY, India will take on Japan in the semifinals of Asian Champions Trophy in Chennai.
- The Indian men’s hockey team thrashed Pakistan 4-0 in its final group match of the Asian Champions Trophy Chennai 2023 at the Mayor Radhakrishnan Hockey Stadium, on Wednesday.
- In the upcoming World Athletics Championships 2023, javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra will lead the Indian contingent. The Championships is beginning in Budapest from August 19th.
Formation: 1 Nov 1966
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CM: Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
Bird: Northern goshawk
Mammal: Blackbuck, Indus river dolphin
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Pondicherry (or Puducherry), a French colonial settlement in India until 1954, is now a Union Territory town bounded by the southeastern Tamil Nadu state. The original name of the territory, Putucceri, is derived from the Tamil words putu (“new”) and ceri (“village”).
However, Puducherry is one of the three union territories in India (the other being National Capital Territory of Delhi and Jammu and Kashmir) that is entitled by a special constitutional amendment to have an elected legislative assembly and a cabinet of ministers, thereby conveying partial statehood.
😀Thought of the day
Brothers & sisters are just born to bother about each: A brother is better than one thousand friends.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu Bazaar Gaya. Wahan Use Papa Ke Ek Purane Dost Mil Gaye.
Uncle: Pappu Beta, Kaise Ho ?
Pappu : Ji, Badhiya ……….
Uncle: Aur Papa ?
Pappu : Ji Vo Bhi Badhiya…..
Uncle: Bhai ?
Pappu : Vo Bhi Theek Hai…..
Pappu : Vo Bhi Theek Chal Rahi Hai.
Uncle : Aur Sunaao Pappu Beta, Kya Chal Raha Hai ?
Pappu: Bematalab Ke Sawaal Jawaab…..!🤔🤪😛
Why an Aarti is given in Hindu tradition when a person comes after achieving success or going to do any important work)….⁉️
There is a scientific reason behind this…..
Actually Aarti is just like a fire bath or Cleansing With Fire – Klesha Nashana Kriya, A humanbeing is made up of five Elements,(Puncha Bhoot) namely:- Aakash☄️, (Space), earth🌎, water💦, fire🔥 and air🌬️.
Have you noticed that when you have a shower – or a bath as we say in India –which is not a dip but involves water flowing over your body, if you pay attention, especially if you are showering with cold or cool water, you will see a shower is not just about cleansing the skin or washing whatever dirt or impurities that may be on your skin. It rejuvenates you and cleanses you of many things. Even if you went in angry and agitated, when you shower and come out, all the nonsense feels washed off. This is not just because of cool water flowing over your body and calming your nerves. That is also happening of course, but beyond that, there is a certain cleansing of the akashic dimension of who you are.
When you look at the human form, the outermost aspect of your body is akash. There is somewhere between twelve to eighteen inches of akash around almost everyone just like AURA
Even before your physical body touches something, your akashic body has already touched it. So, whether what comes from outside is nourishing to you or destructive to you, the first element that takes the beating is your akash. How much you gather there in terms of impurities or support depends on what you are exposed to. To cleanse this of impurities, as you can do a water wash for the body, you can do a fire wash too. This does not mean setting fire to yourself! Using fire as a way of cleansing yourself is a very powerful system. This is known as Klesha Nashana Kriya, which means “to destroy or burn up the impurities in the system.”
जागरूक : Awaken
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Process of the working of an electric bell
Electric bell is based on the principle of electromagnets. When switch is pressed, electromagnet is activated and the hammer moves and hits the gong. As the hammer moves, circuit breaks and the electromagnet is disabled. This causes the hammer to go back to initial position due to the spring and the circuit completes again. This process is continuously repeated giving the ringing sound of the bell.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Mount Everest has two heights: a) 8,848 meters (with snow cover). This is the official height recognized by China and Nepal; b) 8,844.43 meters (geological height).
💐 BORN TODAY 🐣
Sadashiv Kanoji Patil (abbreviated as S.K. Patil) (1898–1981) was a former Congress leader from Maharashtra.
A veteran freedom-fighter, he was a qualified journalist, scholar and orator.
He was thrice elected Mayor of Bombay and was known as “the uncrowned king of Bombay”.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(This data is collected from internet, so if the actual facts differentiate plz info…)
Why is Sri Krishna called Mukunda?
Muk means mukti, and ānanda means bliss. Kṛṣṇa gives you mukti, deliverance, deliverance from this tama, this material world, and gives you transcendental bliss; therefore His name is Mukunda.
Mukunda, Lord Vishnu saves a devotee from the endless cycle of birth and death and blesses him with Moksha. Mukunda also means passionless
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Turmeric Milk (Haldi-Doodh) Benefits
- Having milk at night is anyway beneficial for health and it induces good sleep. When teamed with turmeric, it also acts as an anti-ageing tonic
- Turmeric milk fastens the recovery from an injury. Most people drink haldi doodh after a physical trauma, sickness or surgery to speed up the healing.
- Turmeric has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties, anti-microbial, anti-allergic properties
- Having turmeric milk is also beneficial in treating joint and bone issues including arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It also helps with fighting skin infections, disorders and allergies.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT