Today’s top news:
- Teeka Utsav is being organized across the country from today to fight against the surging COVID-19 cases. The mass vaccination programme will be conducted till 14th of this month. 11th April is the birth anniversary of Jyotiba Phule and 14th is the birth anniversary of Baba Saheb Ambedkar.
- Sikkim & Tripura Present Annual Action Plan For Providing Tap Water Connection To All Rural Households Under Jal Jeevan Mission
- NITI Aayog is to launch Online Dispute Resolution handbook. It is an invitation to business leaders to adopt Online Dispute resolution.
- The Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently launched a fourteen day “Mask Abhiyan” initiative to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Rajasthan govt imposes night curfew in 9 cities till April 30 to curb pace of COVID-19 infection
- Markets and commercial establishments will be closed at 7 PM. At the same time, night curfew to be imposed in Udaipur from 6 PM. Markets and establishments will be closed there at 5 PM. These orders will remain in force till 30 April.
- The Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has urged CII to spread awareness about the one stop digital portal for new licensing that it had launched last July. Col Pramod Shahaji Dahitule, regional director, eastern region, FSSAI said this at the 6th Food Processing Conclave organised by CII on Friday.
- The Maharashtra government weighed on the possibility of a complete lockdown as the COVID-19 situation in the state remains grim. Though last week, stricter restrictions and complete weekend lockdown was announced after a cabinet meeting the state is now mulling a complete lockdown. On Saturday, Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray headed an all-party meeting to discuss the crisis and a proposal of a complete lockdown for 15 days was also floated.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Saturday raided seven locations in Hyderabad and recovered Rs 3 crore in cash, jewelery and property documents. The ED raids were conducted in a money laundering case related into Telangana IMS (Insurance Medical Services) ESI Department. The raids started early Saturday morning and continued till late in the night
- India’s cumulative COVID-19 vaccination coverage nears 10 crore : The Health and Family Welfare Ministry informed that over nine crore eighty lakh doses of Covid-19 vaccine been already been administered to beneficiaries across the country. In the last 24 hours, over 34 lakh doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been inoculated to the beneficiaries.
- Popular television and film actor Satish Kaul, who played Lord Indra’s role in BR Chopra’s epic show ‘Mahabharat’ died in Ludhiana on April 10, 2021. The actor breathed his last on Saturday and battled COVID-19 complications. He was 74.
- Questioning the central forces’ version of firing on voters in self-defence in Cooch Behar that killed four people, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said her government will initiate a CID probe into the incident. Four people were killed as central forces opened fire allegedly after coming under attack from locals, who “attempted to snatch their rifles”, police said.
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Saturday said the government had mismanaged the Covid situation by allowing vaccine exports and creating shortage in the country, even as Congress-ruled Punjab and Chhattisgarh said they had five and three days of vaccine stocks left, respectively.
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) celebrated its 71st Foundation Day on Friday. Swami Vivekanand Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Beijing celebrated ICCR Foundation Day today in the presence of a huge gathering of ICCR scholars in China and their disciples who learnt Indian dance and music.
- India and Japan are planning to hold a ‘2+2′ format meeting of foreign and defence ministers in Tokyo later this month
- India and China military-level talks have focused on working together to pull back troops, weapons and war-waging equipment from friction points along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh.
- A statement of the Indian Ministry of Defence issued on Saturday evening detailed the outcome of the meeting of military commanders which took place yesterday
- Volcano erupts in Southern Caribbean
The La Sourfriere Volcano located on the eastern Caribbean island recently erupted after decades of inactivity. The volcano forced thousands in the surrounding villages to evacuate.
- The Ingenuity Mars Helicopter of NASA is to make its first flight. With this, Ingenuity will make history of becoming the first controlled aircraft to fly in another planet.
- The Mars 2020 mission is a part of Mars Exploration Programme of NASA. It was launched from the earth in July 2020. It reached Mars in February 2021.
- Myanmar security forces killed over 80 protesters in Bago town on Thursday night and Friday, near Myanmar’s main city of Yangon, reports Reuters quoting the Assistance Association for Political Prisoners (AAPP) monitoring group and a domestic news outlet.
- Thailand has decided to close all entertainment places in 41 provinces, including Bangkok, for at least two weeks as Covid-19 cases linked to them spread rapidly across the country .
Union Minister for Sports & Youth Affairs Kiren Rijiju inaugurated Khelo India State Centre of Excellence for Rowing discipline at the Jammu & Kashmir Sports Council Water Sports Academy in Srinagar on 10th April 2021.
- IPL cricket Score 10 Apr
CSK – 189/7 (20 overs)
DC 190/3 (18.4) won by 8 wkts
- Today’s match
SHR Vs KKR
$USD 74.73 💷GBP 102.44
In Coimbatore (TN)
🥇Gold ₹47,915@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹71,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 93.03
⛽ Diesel ₹ 86.34
LPG : ₹ 838 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Jyotirao Govindrao Phule(11 April 1827 – 28 November 1890). He and his wife, Savitribai Phule, were pioneers of women’s education in India. He is most known for his efforts to educate women and the lower castes as well as the masses. After educating his wife, he opened the first school for girls in India in August 1848.
Thought of the day
is something that multiplies
when it is divided
Joke of the day
Santa -dunia mein sab se dukhi aadmi koun hai ?
Banta – panipuri wala !
Santa – kaise?
Banta -kyuki ladki kuwari ho ya married “BHAIYA” hi bulati hai. 😆
April 9 is being marked as CRPF Valour Day. The day is also called “CRPF Shaurya Diwas”. A small contingent of the CRPF on April 9, 1965 fought against Pakistan in Rann of Kutch eliminating 34 Pakistan soldiers. The CRPF personnel guarded India-Pakistan border till 1965 after which the border security force (BSF) was created
🙏🏻 LEARN SANSKRIT🙏🏻
son’s wife: पुत्रवधू putravadhu
Revenge : प्रतिकार
Why is milk produced only after delivery not during pregnancy?
When a women become pregnant, progesterone and estrogen, hormones that are a part of normal menstrual cycle, rise dramatically, and a new hormone, called human chorionic gonadotropin, begins to be produced.
Although mammary growth begins during pregnancy under the influence of ovarian and placental hormones, and some milk is formed, copious milk secretion sets in only after delivery. Since lactation ensues after a premature birth, it would appear that milk production is held back during pregnancy.
Sometimes a woman’s breasts make milk even though she is not pregnant or breastfeeding. This condition is called galactorrhea (say: guh-lack-tuh-ree-ah). The milk may come from one or both breasts. It may leak on its own or only when the breasts are touched. Reasons for lactating when not recently pregnant can range from hormone imbalances to medication side effects to other health conditions. The most common cause of breast milk production is an elevation of a hormone produced in the brain called prolactin.
Women with certain illnesses and infections may be advised by doctors not to breastfeed because of the danger of passing the illness or infection to the breastfed infant.
How it works ⁉
How a microphone works
A microphone converts sound into a small electrical current. Sound waves hit a diaphragm that vibrates, moving a magnet near a coil. In some designs, the coil moves within a magnet.
Other microphones, such as condenser microphones, work on the principle of capacitance. Capacitors consist of parallel conducting plates that store charge and are used to smooth out signals like voltage variations in a power supply. In a condenser microphone, the incoming sound vibrates one plate of a capacitor. The varying capacitance is converted into a corresponding electrical signal.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
First male IPS officer of independent E.B Joshi is the first male IPS officer of independent india
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Arjuna’s chariot name was ‘ Nandi Ghosh’ and The flag was called ‘Kapi dhvaja’ which has ‘lord Hanuman’ figure on it. It was donated by Agni (the fire-god) to Arjuna, and could conquer all directions, wherever it was drawn through out the three worlds.
The chariot of Lord Jagannath is also known as Nandighosha . It is also known as Garudadhwaja and Kapidhwaja. The easiest way to identify the Chariot of Lord Jagannath is by color of the covering of the chariot. The chariot of Jagannath has a yellow and red color canopy and it is also the largest of the chariots.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Pomegranate remedy for piles Siddha medicine is one of the world’s oldest medical system that originated in South India. Siddha medicine uses different parts pomegranate fruit and plant to treat piles.
Use powder of pomegranate flowers. Get some flowers of pomegranate and dry them in shade. Grind the dried pomegranate flowers to get their powder. Have a teaspoon of this powder with honey on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Burn the peel of pomegranate fruit. Peel the pomegranate fruit and separate its outer peel. Now burn this peel to get its ashes. Mix a teaspoonful of this ash in 200 ml of water and wash your anal region. Do it many times during the day. Continue this remedy for 7 days.
Boil the peel of pomegranate fruit. Put the peels of pomegranate in water and boil this water. Strain and have one glass each of this water in morning and evening. This is a quick remedy for piles which means you can get relief fast when using this remedy. Drink pomegranate juice for bleeding piles. If you suffer from bleeding piles, drink a cup of pomegranate juice twice every day. Even cranberry juice can be taken for this purpose. Both of these fruits are hemostatics which means they have the ability to stop bleeding. Due to this quality of the fruits, they can heal your bleeding piles.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼