10 Nov (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Hemant (Prewinter)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Kartika 02, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Tithi: Dwitiya (up to 6:33 pm)/ Tritiya
RahuKaal: 01:33 PM – 02:55 PM
NEW APPOINTMENTs https://youtu.be/NWqJV2_DjeU
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy announced recently that the National Bio Energy Programme will be implemented until 2025-26.
- Supreme Court upholds 10% reservation for Economically Weaker Sections in admissions and govt jobs in 3:2 verdict.
- Education not business to earn profit, fees shall always be affordable: SC says while upholding the AP HC order quashing state govt.’s decision to enhance the tuition fee in medical colleges by more than 7 times to Rs 24 lakh per annum.
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall is very likely over Tamil Nadu from November 10 to 13 and over Puducherry on November 10 and 12. Further, it is very likely over Andhra Pradesh from November 11 to 13, and over Karnataka and Kerala on November 12 and 13.
- Centre grants 265 Diplomate of National Board postgraduate medical seats to J&K.
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi said India would be largely self-sufficient in thermal coal production by the financial year 2024-25.
- GUJARAT : Former Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, former Deputy CM Nitin Patel, and Senior BJP MLA Bhupendrasinh Chudasama said that they will step away from the poll arena in the upcoming state elections to “give others a chance.
- KERALA Cabinet asks Governor Arif Mohammad Khan to pass ordinance removing him as chancellor of universities.
- The municipal corporation of Karnataka’s Hubballi has granted permission to celebrate Tipu Jayanti and Kanakadasa Jayanti at Idgah Maidan on November 10 and 11 respectively. Permission has also been granted for celebration of birth anniversaries of other national heroes and religious leaders at the ground.
- Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday dismissed a public interest litigation (PIL) challenging the nomination of ex-Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi to Rajya Sabha. Petitioner Satish S Kambiye contended Gogoi was not eligible to be nominated. “
- PM Modi will visit Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on Friday and Saturday. He will dedicate and lay foundation stone of projects worth over 25 thousand crore rupees.
- The new Chief Justice of India. President Droupadi Murmu administered the oath of office to Justice Dhananjaya Yashwant Chandrachud as the 50th Chief Justice of India at Rashtrapati Bhawan. He succeeded Justice UU Lalit.
- Birbhum Trinamool President Anubrata Mondal and his daughter Sukanya’s bank accounts have been swollen with lottery winnings for the last three years. Millions of rupees were deposited there. It’s all lottery winnings. All such sensational information has come to the hands of the CBI. On the basis of which, the investigators have to think again about the conspiracy of lottery tickets and cow smuggling case.
- Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut stepped out of Mumbai’s Arthur Road jail after the court granted him bail in a money-laundering case.
- Enforcement Directorate (ED) has conducted searches on Sallarpuria Sattva Group and freezed assets of around 50 crore rupees lying in 316 bank accounts.
💷 GBP ₹92.39
BSE Sensex61,033.55 −151.60 (0.25%) 🔻
NIFTY 18,157.00 −45.80 (0.25%) 🔻
- Life Insurance Company (LIC) has increased its shareholding in Voltas by buying an additional 2 per cent stake.
- Kerala becomes the first state in India to launch uniform gold prices based on the bank rate. The decision is to introduce a uniform price on 916 purity 22-carat gold.
- Govt declares computer systems linked to census management as “protected” for being critical information infrastructure.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on 09 Nov (Wednesday) reached a preliminary agreement with Bangladesh to give the country a $4.5-billion loan to stabilise its economy. The amount is expected to be disbursed in seven instalments till end of 2026.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has approved the final Sovereign Green Bonds framework of India. Green bonds are financial instruments that generate proceeds for investment in environmentally sustainable and climate-suitable projects.
- The Austrian movie “Alma and Oskar” directed by Dieter Berner will open the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI), to be held in Goa from November 20 to 28. The film will be screened at the festival venue INOX, Panaji.
- An FIR has been filed against Rakhi Sawant and her lawyer Falguni Brahmbhatt on complaint of Sherlyn Chopra. Sherlyn has alleged that the two showed an objectionable video of her during a press conference.
- Government has revised the Guidelines for Uplinking and Downlinking of Television Channels in India.
- In the revised guidelines, the requirement for seeking permission for live telecasts of events has been done away with. Now the prior registration of events to be telecast live would be necessary
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh called on the top Army commanders on November 9 to always maintain the force’s operational readiness at its peak level amid a lingering border row with China in eastern Ladakh.
- Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO) launched the Hull Module of the Submersible Platform for Acoustic Characterization & Evaluation (SPACE) facility at Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) Kochi. It is a state-of-the-art testing and evaluation facility for sonar systems developed for use by the Indian navy onboard various platforms which include ships, submarines, and helicopters.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi has unveiled India’s logo, theme and website for its presidency of the G20, which reflects the country’s message and overarching priorities to the world.
- Netherlands Turns Top Buyer of Indian Petro-Products Amid Ukraine War.
- Netherlands becoming the third biggest market for India’s overall exports, thereby replacing China. China is now displaced to the 4th position, accounting for just 3.3% of total outbound shipments.
- INTERNATIONAL WEEK OF SCIENCE AND PEACE 2022: 9 Nov -15 Nov is observed as the International Week of Science and Peace every year around the globe. This week is an initiative taken by the United Nations (UN), hoping to make people contribute towards the encouragement and promotion of peace across the globe.
- The International Week of Science and Peace was first observed during 1986 as part of the observance of the International Year of Peace.
- International Drought Resilience Alliance (IDRA) was launched on November 7 during the 27th Conference of Parties (COP27) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC).
- Mangrove Alliance for Climate (MAC) was launched at the 27th UN Climate Change Conference (COP27). Contents.
- Mangrove Alliance for Climate (MAC) is an intergovernmental alliance that seeks to expand and hasten the progress towards the conservation and restoration of mangrove ecosystems. Its members include the UAE, Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Japan, and Spain.
- Dr Subhash Babu becomes first Indian scientist awarded Bailey K. Ashford Medal in US.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
1.Google has launched a platform that displays flood forecasts, namely ‘FloodHub’. This platform shows the area and time where floods could occur, in order to inform people about the natural calamity and authorities can assist them with effectively.
- Iran’s powerful paramilitary Revolutionary Guard launched a new satellite-carrying rocket, seeking to demonstrate the hard-line force’s prowess even as anti-government protests rage across the country.
- Adidas has appointed Bjorn Gulden, the CEO of rival Puma, as its new chief executive, and he will take over the German sportswear brand in January as the company.
- UN General Assembly designates Nov 18 as World Day for prevention of child sexual abus.
- Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman announced the launch of the country’s first electric vehicle brand Ceer, which is a joint venture with electronics company Foxconn.
- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.0 struck the prefecture of Ibaraki in Japan’s northeast of Tokyo on Wednesday at around 5:40 pm.
- ICC Mens T20 World Cup 2022
(a) New Zealand vs Pakistan, 1st Semi-Final
Pakistan won by 7 wkts
NZ – 152/4 (20)
PAK – 153/3 (19.1)
Player of the Match
(b) Nov 10, Thu
India vs England
2nd Semi-Final at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
13:30 IST / 08:00 GMT
- Olympic bronze medallist and two-time World championships bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain beat top-seeded Korean Suyeon Seong in the semifinals to reach the women’s 75kg final of the Asian Boxing Championships in Amman, Jordan, on 10 Nov Wednesday.
- Pramod Bhagat and Manisha Ramadass won gold medals in singles at the BWF Para-Badminton World Championships in Tokyo.
UTTARA KHAND: Bhararisain (summer) Dehradun (winter)
Frmn : 09 Nov 2000
Govrnr: Gurmit Singh
CM: Pushkar Singh Dhami (BJP)
Districts : 13
🥇Gold ₹ 50,775 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 67,400 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 97/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 91/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,091/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The name Assam is derived from the word asama, meaning “peerless” in the now extinct Ahom language. The neighbouring states of Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram, and Meghalaya were once part of Assam. The capital, formerly Shillong (now the capital of Meghalaya), was shifted to Dispur, a suburb of Guwahati, in 1972.
😀Thought of the day
The Chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in the world which is over estimated.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu* – Main Tumse Shaadi Nahi Kar Sakta.
Girl Friend- Kyon!
Pappu – Mere Ghar Wale Mana Kar Rahe Hain.
Girl Friend – Kaun Hai Jo Mana Kar Raha Hai??
Pappu – Meri Bivi Aur Baache.
Why we call Swine flu as H1N1……???????*
H1N1 is a flu virus. When it was first detected in 2009, it was called “swine flu” because the virus was similar to those found in pigs.???
It is an Orthomyxovirus that contains the glycoproteins haemagglutinin and neuraminidase. For this reason, they are described as H1N1, H1N2 etc. depending on the type of H or N antigens they express. Haemagglutinin causes red blood cells to clump together and binds the virus to the infected cell. Neuraminidase are a type of glycoside hydrolase enzyme which help to move the virus particles through the infected cell and assist in budding from the host cells.
यथा चित्तं तथा वाचो*
यथा वाचस्तथा क्रिया ।
As is the mind, so is the speech; as is the speech so is the action.
जैसा मन होता है वैसी ही वाणी होती है, जैसी वाणी होती है वैसे ही कार्य होता है ।
stomach = उदरम् |
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW IS SALT MADE FROM SEA WATER?*
The sea water evaporates due to the sun’s heat and solid salt is left behind. The left salt is collected and refined to get purified salt. Hence, salt is obtained from sea water by evaporation.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
What are the 7 continent ?*
Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe and Australia/Oceania
Asia is the largest continent
Australia is the Smallest continent
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sir Surendranath Banerjee (10 Nov 1848 – 6 Aug 1925) was one of the earliest Indian political leaders during the British Raj.
He founded the Indian National Association, through which he led two sessions of the Indian National Conference in 1883 and 1885. Banerjee later became a senior leader of the Indian National Congress.
He was one of the founding members of the Indian National Congress.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
In The Same Boat*
If two or more persons are in the same boat, they’re in the same difficult situation
Invective × Approval, acclamation
*Invective : accusation, censure
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Makar Sankranti, Lohri Pongal
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
सेंधा नमक Rock Salt*
Magnesium, calcium, and potassium are all skin-friendly minerals that can be found in sea salt. These minerals are great benefits of salt water since they help combat acne-causing bacteria, skin infections, and speed up the healing process.
The chemical name of rock salt is sodium chloride. It is called Yintupu in Tamil, Rati Appupu in Telugu, Sindhu Lun in Gujarati and Saindhava Lavan in Bengali. As the name suggests, sea salt or common salt is obtained from the sea. It is obtained by evaporation of sea water.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼