𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
10 Nov (Wednesday)
Sharad Ritu (Autumn)
Month: Kartika 21 (Purnimata)
Month: Kartika 06 (Amanta)
Titi: Shashthi (up to 8:25 am) Saptami
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- HAPPY CHHATH PUJA 2021💐
Timing of SANDHYA Arghya & USHA Arghya
( Sandhya Arghya ) Sunset Time : 05:30 PM
Nov 11 ( Usha arghya ) Sunrise time : 05:29 AM
छठ पर्व हर साल कार्तिक शुक्ल षष्ठी को मनाया जाता है।
छठ पूजा: https://youtu.be/-j9BKfTO9_Q
President Shri Ramnath Kovind extends greetings to citizens on eve of Chhath Puja.
- Over 109 crore 12 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses administered so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive. As part of the Nationwide Vaccination Drive, the Centre has been supporting the States and Union Territories by providing them COVID vaccines free of cost.
- President Ram Nath Kovind presents the Padma Awards in the Rashtrapati Bhawan on 08 Nov. 119 Padma Awards presented by President this year. The list comprises 7 Padma Vibhushan, 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri Awards. 29 of the awardees are women, 16 Posthumous awardees and 1 transgender awardee.
- The Padma Awards are one of the highest civilian honours of India announced annually on the eve of Republic Day. The Awards are given in three categories: Padma Vibhushan (for exceptional and distinguished service), Padma Bhushan (distinguished service of higher order) and Padma Shri (distinguished service). The award seeks to recognise achievements in all fields of activities or disciplines where an element of public service is involved.
5. Biennial elections to the legislative councils in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Karnataka from 42 local authorities’ constituencies will be held on December 10, the Election Commission announced.
- Meteorological Department (IMD) said that Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu will receive heavy to very heavy rainfall on November 10 and 11, issuing an alert for both the states.
- Farmer unions protesting against the Centre’s new farm laws, have decided to march to Parliament on November 29 — shortly after their protest at the Delhi border completes one year. The decision was taken today by the nine-member committee of the United Kisan Morcha — an umbrella body of farmers’ unions.
8. DELHI govt will launch a month-long campaign to prevent open burning of waste and biomass from November 11 as part of efforts to further reduce pollution from local sources.
9. KARNATAKA: Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai on 9 Nov announced Rs 10 crore for the construction of ‘Kannada Bhavan’ in neighboring Goa.
10. Dakshina Kannada district administration will depute about 3,000 National Service Scheme (NSS) volunteers as ‘Lasika Mitra,’ to motivate the people to take Covid -19 vaccination.
11. Paying an ode to the late legendary star Puneeth Rajkumar, Karnataka Large and Medium Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani, has decided to name the stage of ‘Udyami Aagu, Udyoga Needu’ (Be an Entrepreneur, Become an Employer) workshop in Kalaburagi on November 11, after the late actor.
12. TAMIL NADU Chief Minister MK Stalin on Tuesday visited rain-affected and water-logged areas in Chennai and distributed food to needy people in various parts of the city.
13. UTTAR PRADESH Former CM Akhilesh Yadav has launched a perfume with the Samajwadi Party’s election symbol on it. Called “Samajwadi Sugandh” or “Attar”, a Samajwadi legislator who also runs a perfume business crafted it in Kannauj district, known for its fragrance industry.
14. Mohammad Sharif, the man who performed last rites of more than 25,000 unclaimed bodies, was conferred with the Padma Shri, for the 2020. The 83-year-old former bicycle mechanic received the award from President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhawan on Monday. Popularly known as “Sharif Chacha” in Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya
15. PUNJAB Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi on 09 Nov announced that the state cabinet had accepted Advocate General A P S Deol’s resignation. Advocate-General APS Deol had tendered his resignation to CM Charanjit Singh Channi on November 1.
16. WEST BENGAL : West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday announced a compensation package of Rs 10,000 crore for those who would get displaced or affected due to the Deocha-Pachami coal mine project in Birbhum district.
CRUISE DRUGS CASE
- Prabhakar Sail, an independent witness, appeared before the Narcotics Control Bureau’s Delhi vigilance team for the second day on Tuesday in connection with its probe into the pay-off allegations in the cruise drugs case in which Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan is an accused.
- Sail, who claims to be the bodyguard of NCB witness KP Gosavi, last month alleged in an affidavit that he had heard Gosavi discussing a Rs 25 crore pay-off deal after Aryan Khan was arrested by the NCB. Sail claimed that Gosavi had said Rs 8 crore of the deal money was to be given to NCB’s Mumbai zonal director Sameer Wankhede.
- Govt employees no longer bound to fly by Air India. The Union government sold ailing Air India to Tata Sons last month.
- Domestic air passenger traffic grew by a whopping 67%, year-on-year, at around 87 to 88 lakh in October, on the back of festive season demand amid a continuous fall in the number of COVID-19 infection cases, says a report. According to credit rating agency ICRA, domestic passenger volume in October last year was at 52.7 lakh.
Actress Poonam Pandey’s husband Sam Bombay was arrested by the Mumbai police after she complained of an alleged assault. According to the police, Pandey was admitted to the hospital after lodging the complaint as she suffered injuries on her head, eyes and face.
- Western Naval Command (WNC) chief Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar will take over as the next Navy chief from Admiral Karambir Singh on November 30, the government announced on 09 Nov.
- The Indian Navy took delivery of the fourth `Scorpene’ class submarine under Project-75 from Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) on 09 Nov.
- Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General MM Naravane on Tuesday said capability development of the armed forces remains a national imperative given the country’s active and disputed borders with two neighbours and observed that disruptive technologies are fast transforming the character of the modern world. Addressing the event of the signing of MoUs between Gandhinagar-based Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) and the Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics (BISAG-N) virtually.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Directorate of Defence Research and Development (DDR&D), Ministry of Defence, Israel have entered into a Bilateral Innovation Agreement (BIA) to promote innovation and accelerated research and development in start-ups and MSMEs for the development of dual use technologies. The agreement was signed in New Delhi on 09 Nov.
- Industries of both countries will work together to bring out next-generation technologies and products in the areas such as Drones, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Quantum technology, Photonics, Energy Storage and Natural Language Processing.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Delhi Regional Security Dialogue, which is being convened by India over the Afghanistan situation, will be held in New Delhi today(10 Nov). The Dialogue will be held at the level of National Security Advisers or Secretaries of Security Councils and will be chaired by India’s National Security Adviser Ajit Doval. The Dialogue will witness the participation of Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Ninety-six countries have agreed to mutual recognition of COVID-19 vaccination certificates with India, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said.
- IND & FRANCE : French journal Mediapart claims new evidence of kickbacks in Rafale deal
The online journal published alleged fake invoices that it claimed enabled Dassault Aviation to pay at least €7.5mn in kickbacks to a middleman to help it secure the ₹59,000 cr deal with India for 36 Rafale jets.
- INDIA- BANGLADESH : President Ram Nath Kovind conferred Padma Shri for the year 2021 on 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War fighter Lt. Col. (Retd) Quazi Sajjad Ali Zahir on Tuesday. He was conferred one of India’s most prestigious civilian awards for his contribution to the field of public affairs.
- Two other Bangladeshi luminaries renowned scholar and archeologist Dr Enamul Haque and Former Bangladesh High Commissioner to India Syed Muazzem Ali (posthumous) were also conferred Padma honours earlier on Monday for the year 2020.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Kuwait’s government resigned Monday for the second time this year, underscoring the political problems plaguing the small, oil-rich nation. Kuwait’s ruler, Sheikh Nawaf Al Ahmad Al Sabah, received the government’s resignation notice. However, the report did not say whether Sheikh Nawaf would accept the resignation, tendered by the country’s prime minister, Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled Al Hamad Al Sabah.
- Pak gets delivery of the most advanced warship from China. PNS Tughril The warship designed and built by China State Shipbuilding Corporation Limited (CSSC), has been commissioned in the Pakistan Navy at a ceremony held in Shanghai.
- Pakistan Nobel Prize laureate and education activist Malala Yousafzai announced her marriage on Twitter on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old Pakistani human rights campaigner who was shot by the Taliban for daring to want an education posted images on Twitter of her celebration on 09 Nov(Tuesday) with Asser Malik and her family.
- As Covid cases surge in Germany; govt plead population to get vaccinated.
- Former Bangladesh Chief Justice S K Sinha sentenced to 11 years jail term in graft case. Justice Sinha was appointed as Chief Justice of Bangladesh in 2015. He had resigned amid controversy about a judgement of the Supreme Court which struck down the law giving power to parliament to remove judges of the Supreme Court.
- ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2021
Nov 10, Wed
England vs New Zealand
1st Semi-Final at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Virat Kohli’s tenure as Indian captain in T20I came to end after the side rounded off the Super 12s stage of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 with a resounding nine-wicket victory over Namibia in Group 2.
- The All-India Senior Selection Committee of the BCCI picked a 16-member squad for the T-20 series against New Zealand. Rohit Sharma has been appointed as the new Captain of the India team. India is set to play three T-20 matches starting from the 17th of November. The opening match will be played at Jaipur while the other two matches will be played at Ranchi and Kolkata.
$USD 74.13 💷GBP 100.54
Goa : Panaji (Panjim)
CM : Dr.Pramod Sawant
Gvnr : P. S. Sreedharan Pillai
🥇Gold ₹48,800@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.23
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.12
LPG : ₹ 900/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,433.45
NIFTY : 18,044.25
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The name Assam is derived from the word asama, meaning “peerless” in the now extinct Ahom language. The neighbouring states of Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram, and Meghalaya were once part of Assam. The capital, formerly Shillong (now the capital of Meghalaya), was shifted to Dispur, a suburb of Guwahati, in 1972
😀Thought of the day
The Chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in the world which is over estimated.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu – Main Tumse Shaadi Nahi Kar Sakta.
Girl Friend- Kyon!
Pappu – Mere Ghar Wale Mana Kar Rahe Hain.
Girl Friend – Kaun Hai Jo Mana Kar Raha Hai??
Pappu – Meri Bivi Aur Baache.
Why we call Swine flu as H1N1……???????
H1N1 is a flu virus. When it was first detected in 2009, it was called “swine flu” because the virus was similar to those found in pigs.???
It is an Orthomyxovirus that contains the glycoproteins haemagglutinin and neuraminidase. For this reason, they are described as H1N1, H1N2 etc. depending on the type of H or N antigens they express. Haemagglutinin causes red blood cells to clump together and binds the virus to the infected cell. Neuraminidase are a type of glycoside hydrolase enzyme which help to move the virus particles through the infected cell and assist in budding from the host cells.
यथा चित्तं तथा वाचो
यथा वाचस्तथा क्रिया ।
As is the mind, so is the speech; as is the speech so is the action.
जैसा मन होता है वैसी ही वाणी होती है, जैसी वाणी होती है वैसे ही कार्य होता है ।
stomach = उदरम् |
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW IS SALT MADE FROM SEA WATER?
The sea water evaporates due to the sun’s heat and solid salt is left behind. The left salt is collected and refined to get purified salt. Hence, salt is obtained from sea water by evaporation.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
What are the 7 continent ?
Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe and Australia/Oceania
Asia is the largest continent
Australia is the Smallest continent
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sir Surendranath Banerjee (10 Nov 1848 – 6 Aug 1925) was one of the earliest Indian political leaders during the British Raj.
He founded the Indian National Association, through which he led two sessions of the Indian National Conference in 1883 and 1885. Banerjee later became a senior leader of the Indian National Congress. He was one of the founding members of the Indian National Congress.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
In The Same Boat
If two or more persons are in the same boat, they’re in the same difficult situation
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Makar Sankranti, Lohri Pongal
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
सेंधा नमक Rock Salt
Magnesium, calcium, and potassium are all skin-friendly minerals that can be found in sea salt. These minerals are great benefits of salt water since they help combat acne-causing bacteria, skin infections, and speed up the healing process.
The chemical name of rock salt is sodium chloride. It is called Yintupu in Tamil, Rati Appupu in Telugu, Sindhu Lun in Gujarati and Saindhava Lavan in Bengali. As the name suggests, sea salt or common salt is obtained from the sea. It is obtained by evaporation of sea water.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼