10 May (Tuesday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaisakha 24 (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 10(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Magha (6:40 pm)Purva Phalguni
Titi: Navami (up to 7:25 pm)Dashami
RahuKaal: 03:39 PM – 05:16 PM SOVE IT IF YOU can https://youtu.be/855BI23PeV0
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Severe Cyclonic Storm ‘Asani’: Heavy rain likely to lash Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal.
It is the first cyclonic storm of the season and was named by Sri Lanka. Asani means “wrath” गुस्सा in Sinhalese.
- Union Government tells Supreme Court it will reconsider & re-examine provisions of sedition law Section 124 A.
- Supreme Court refuses to entertain petition filed by CPI(M) challenging demolition drive in Shaheen Bagh Delhi.
- Chintan Shivir’ of Congress party to be held in Udaipur from May 13 to 15. Congress President Sonia Gandhi said.
- A three-day Utkarsh Mahotsav is being organized by Central Sanskrit University in New Delhi. The objective behind organising the Utkarsh Mahotsav is to promote the Sanskrit language across the country and beyond.
- DELHI: Protests erupted at Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh on Monday with hundreds of people, including women, opposing an anti-encroachment drive of the SDMC as bulldozers rolled into the area in the presence of a huge number of police personnel, even as the civic body team was forced to return without carrying out the exercise.
- HARYANA State Govt launches the ‘e-Adhigam’ scheme under which nearly 3 lakh students will be receiving tablet computers.
- KERALA govt to launch ‘Shaili App’ for diagnosing, and controlling lifestyle diseases.
- MAHARASHTRA : inhe Mumbai police on Monday filed an application in a special court here seeking cancellation of the bail granted to independent MP Navneet Rana and her MLA-husband Ravi Rana, accused in a sedition case following a row over the recitation of Hanuman Chalisa.
- WEST BENGAL : The Central Bureau of Investigation registered a case of corruption (5 Lakh in 2016) against a former staffer of the then Union minister Babul Supriyo.
- New Appointment: Pushp Kumar Joshi, who recently took over as the interim chairman and managing director of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL), has been appointed to the Board of the nation’s third-largest oil refining and fuel marketing company.
💷 GBP ₹95.35
BSE Sensex 54,470.67
NIFTY : 16,301.85
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gives away awards for best performing Start-ups in Coimbatore on 09 May.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India’s Initial Public Offering (IPO) received healthy response from investors; subscribed 2.91 times.
(b). Within the span of six days, investors including policy holders and retail investors have bidded for the IPO which was oversubscribed around three times.
(c) IPO of LIC was opened for public subscription on 4th of this month which ended on 09 May at 7 P.M. This IPO is the biggest public offering in the country.
(d) The allotment of shares will take place on 12th of this month and the IPO will list for trading on 17th of this month. LIC had fixed the price band of 902 to 949 rupees per Equity Share for its maiden public offer.
- The Reserve Bank of India has given its nod to Equitas Small Finance Bank and its parent company Equitas Holdings Ltd’s merger plan, subject to certain restrictions.
- Indian Bank, a public sector bank, has introduced its digital broking solution – ‘E- Broking’, as a strategic move toward comprehensive digitalisation of its customer products.
- A fire was reported from the 14th floor of a high-rise opposite Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan’s residence in Mumbai’s Bandra on Monday evening. No casualties have been reported.
- Rocking star Yash’s KGF Chapter 2 Becomes First Kannada Film To Be Screened In South Korea.
- Indian Navy’s P-8i Fleet host to Boeing and Air Works collaboration :
Air Works, an Indian MRO company, is partnering with the Boeing Company to conduct heavy maintenance checks on three Indian Navy P-8i maritime patrol aircraft.
- DRDO Developing an Universal Launcher for ASTRA Air to Air Missiles.
India is developing the Astra series to replace the expensive Russian, French, and Israeli-origin beyond-visual-range missiles. Astra MK-2 has a range of around 160 km.
- The Border Security Force (BSF) has shot down a drone coming from Pakistan, which was carrying heroin, in Punjab’s Amritsar, said the force on Monday, May 9, 2022. The BSF said it recovered nine packets of heroin from the drone, thwarting a smuggling bid from across the border.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- A delegation under Agriculture Minister N S Tomar visits Agri companies in Israel on 09 May, discusses various issues with related stakeholders.
- Mahatma Gandhi’s personal belongings kept in Britain will be auctioned and are likely to fetch Rs 4.74 crore (5,00,000 British pounds). The online sale, which will end on May 21, is being arranged by East Bristol Auctions in the UK.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Sri Lanka Crisis: Mahinda Rajapaksa Resigns from PM Post; Ruling-party MP Found Dead Amid Clashes. Violent clashes between his supporters and anti-government protesters left 78 people injured.
- US President Joe Biden met with his G7 counterparts and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on Sunday to discuss Russia’s war in Ukraine and new measures to punish Moscow.
- Pak PM Shehbaz Sharif on 08 May accused former Prime minister Imran Khan of ruining the multibillion-dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor projects, by conducting a forensic audit of the projects which angered the Chinese authorities.PM Shehbaz accused Imran Khan for the failure of CPEC.
- Pakistani politician Aamir Liaquat’s third wife Syeda Dania Shah said she has filed for divorce from the 49-year-old.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders, 56th Match
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 52 runs
KKR – 165/9 (20)
MI – 113 (17.3)
Player of the Match
(b) May 10, Tuesday
Lucknow Super Giants vs Gujarat Titans
57th Match at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Indian Grandmaster D Gukesh has emerged as champion in the 1st Chessable Sunway Formentera Open 2022 chess tournament in Punta Prima. It was a hat-trick of titles for him after he had previously won the La Roda tournament and the Menorca Open recently.
- Priyanka Mohite from Maharashtra’s Satara district has become the first Indian woman to climb five peaks above 8000 metres. Priyanka achieved the milestone after climbing Mount Kanchenjunga. The 30-year-old climbed the third highest peak on Earth on May 5.
- Asian games 2022 will be held in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China. The Asian Games is a multi-sport event that is organized every 4 years. It was supposed to be celebrated from 10 to 25th September 2022 but the event was postponed due to the global pandemic. The new dates of the Asian games are yet to be revealed.
- A Nepali sherpa scaled Mount Everest for a record 26th time, beating his own previous record set last year. Kami Rita Sherpa, 52, scaled the 8,848.86-metre (29,031.69-foot) mountain on 08 May.
- India reached the knockout stage of 2022 Thomas Cup Finals after a 5-0 win against Canada in their Group C match in Bangkok on Monday.
UTTARKHAND: Bhararisain (summer) Dehradun (winter)
Formed : 9 Nov 2000
Gvnr : Gurmit Singh
CM : Pushkar Singh Dhami (BJP)
Dist : 13
🥇Gold ₹51,120 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹103.99/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹97.56/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1037/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
There are 34 operational International Airports in India. Indira Gandhi International Airport is the largest International airport constructed in 5495 acres.
Airport of Trichy is the smallest airport in India.
Juhu Aerodrome, Mumbai is the First and oldest Airport in India founded in 1928
😀 Thought of the day
T – This is an
O – Opportunity to
D – Do
A – A work, better than
Y – Yesterday.
JOKE OF THE DAY
पप्पू – कॉफी कितने की है…?
कॉफी शॉप वाला – सर 200 रुपये की…!
पप्पू – और चीनी…?
कॉफी शॉप वाला – सर शूगर फ्री है…
पप्पू – ठीक है तो फिर पांच किलो चीनी दे दो…! 🤪
Why don’t most Indians cross the road when a cat crosses their path? ⁉
Well, in olden days people used to travel by carts that were pulled by domesticated animals. When passing through forests at night, the carriage animals used to get scared and act chaotic when they sensed wild cats such as leopards, cheetahs, and tigers crossing their path. The travellers warned others not to proceed when a cat passes their path.
मा विस्मरतु – भूलना मत
(do not forget)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Over the centuries, paper has been made from a wide variety of materials — wood pulp, rice, water plants, cotton, even old clothes! But no matter what you use to make paper — you need “fiber.” Paper fiber comes mainly from three sources — byproducts from the sawmilling process, pulpwood logs and recycled paper products. In fact, much of the paper we use every day is a blend of new and recycled fiber
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Group of Five (G5) encompasses five nations which have joined together for an active role in the rapidly evolving international order. The five largest emerging economies,
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Tarachand Barjatya ( 10 May 1914 – 21 Sep1992) was an Indian film producer. He has produced many successful Hindi films from the 1960s through to the 1980s.
He founded Rajshri Productions which continues to produce films even today.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Don’t put all your eggs in one basket
What you’re doing is too risky
Rigid x Pliable, Soft
monotonous ~ boring
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Jyeshtha month is called Nirjala Ekadashi. On this date, fasting is done by staying without water, hence the name “nirjala”, meaning waterless.
According to the Vedic Classics, the movement of the moon on the day of Ekadashi has a direct correlation with the human body and mind. It is believed that during Ekadashi, the water in the body shifts in such a way that it puts pressure on the senses, making them more prone to worldly pleasure.
Water occupies 70% of the human body and thus is under heavy influence of the moon on this day. Hence, to keep the system in order, devotees and spiritual seekers recourse to Nirjal fasts (fast without water). Meditating and worshipping god on this day generate favourable influence on the mind and helps in spiritual elevation.
senses devotees resort to Upavsa. Upavasa also means to reside (vasa) nearby (upa), that is moving closer to the almighty or spiritual consciousness. It is believed that by observing fast on these days, one counteracts negative influence generated by the influence of the moon. By fasting mind attains maximum efficiency giving the brain a better capacity to meditate.
When dry fasting, even more, stem cells are released into the blood than usual, a fact that has been proven scientifically. During dry fasting, the body begins a cleansing process that rids itself of old and sick cells.
This creates vacated space in tissues for new stem cells. Stem cells are released into the blood in higher volume, occupying this vacated “space” and promoting regeneration and rejuvenation processes. The regular practice of dry fasting can extend life, youth, and vitality by 15 – 25 years.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Oxygen Level Check Through Oximeter
👉 94 – Normal
👉 95 To 100 – Good Oxygen Level
👉 94 To 90- Low Oxygen Level
👉 Below 90- Very Low Oxygen Level…
(To Be Hospitalised For Oxygen Support)
👉 92 – 98.6 F – (Normal)
👉 99.0 F – Normal Fever
👉 100 .F – 102 F High Fever
👉 72 Per Minute (Standard)
👉 60 — 80 P.M. (Normal)
👉 90 – 120 Pulse – Increased (High)
👉 120 / 80 — Normal
👉 130 / 85 — Normal (Control)
👉 140 / 90 — High
👉 150 / 95 — Very High
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼