10 Mar (Thursday)
Shishir Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Phalguna 22, (Purnimata)/ Phalguna 08 (Amanta) Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Nakshatra : Rohini (up to 11:30 am) Mrigashirsha
RahuKaal :02:05pm– 03:33pm
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- 53rd RAISING DAY CEREMONY OF CISF : Union Home Minister Amit Shah lauds CISF for its services during Pandemic and evacuation of Indians from Ukraine.
Amit Shah attended the 53rd Raising Day ceremony of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- The counting of votes for the Assembly elections in five states — Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur — will be taken up on Thursday (March 10). The elections were held between February 10 and March 7 with Uttar Pradesh voting in maximum seven phases, followed by Manipur in two phases and the remaining three states in one phase each.
These elections will set stage for the Lok Sabha elections in 2024 and will also be a litmus test for the BJP, which currently rules four of these five states
- The National Medical Commission (NMC) on 09 Mar announced that the upper age limit for appearing in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) 2022 has been removed. The age limit for applicants belonging to the general category was 25 years, while the same for SC, ST and OBC candidates was 30 years.
- Union Cabinet has cleared a proposal for amendment of Second Schedule of the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957 for specifying the rate of royalty in respect of Glauconite, Potash, Emerald, Platinum Group of Metals, Andalusite, Sillimanite, and Molybdenum.
- Union Minister Smriti Irani said technology has been well received in rural India and women are now more digitally literate. Speaking at a virtual seminar ‘Women and Digital Economy: Atmanirbhar Nari, Atmanirbhar Bharat’,
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will address the valedictory function of the 3rd edition of National Youth Parliament Festival NYPF on 11 Mar (Friday) in the Central Hall of Parliament. Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur will address the inaugural session of National round of NYPF 2022
- ASSAM , The ruling BJP and its ally Asom Gana Parishad got majority in 77 municipal boards polls. The BJP won maximum seats in 75 boards while Asom Gana Parishad has majority in 2 municipal boards. Congress won 1 board and independent candidates got majority in 2 remaining boards. Our Correspindent reports that polls were held for 977 seats in 80 municipal boards.
- BIHAR : 4 die, 2 seriously ill after consuming spurious liquor in Bihar’s West Champaran and Siwan districts, officials said on Wednesday. According to officials, while one death was reported from Khaptola village under the Nautan police station of West Champaran, three others died in Dhebar village under the Daraundha police station limits of Siwan.
- CHHATTISGARH CM Bhupesh Baghel on 09 Mar (Wednesday) presented a Budget of Rs 1,04,000 crore for 2022-23 — 7% more than the previous year — and announced to reinstate the old pension scheme for state government employees, and double the annual MLA local area development fund.
- GUJARAT : Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of the WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in Jamnagar, Gujarat. It will be the first and only global out posted Centre for traditional medicine across the globe.
- PM Modi will be on a two day visit to Gujarat from 11 Mar (Friday). At around 4 PM on 11th March, Prime Minister will participate in Gujarat Panchayat Mahasammelan and address the gathering.
- J&K : In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, one person was killed and 14 injured in a mysterious explosion at Salathia Chowk in Udhampur district on 09 Mar. AIR correspondent reports that the blast took place around 1 PM under a vending cart at a vegetable market near the Tehsildar Office. CRPF and J&K Police personnel arrived at the incident site and started investigating the nature of the explosion.
- A village sarpanch was shot dead by suspected terrorists on the outskirts of Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday. The victim has been identified as Sameer Ahmad Bhat, the sarpanch of the Khanmoh area. This is the second such incident in a week as a panchayat member in Kulgam district was shot dead by terrorists last Wednesday.
- KARNATAKA High Court is yet to announce its verdict on the ban on Hijab in educational institutions case, three cases have been registered in Mangaluru post the confrontation between two groups of students over wearing Hijab during the examination.
- LADAKH School Education Department got the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) affiliation. Previously, the Education Department was affiliated with Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE).
- MADHYA PRADESH : Finance Minister Jagdish Deora presents Rs 2,79,237 Cr Budget in state Assembly on 09 Mar.
- MANIPUR : A total of 18 people have been injured and four have died during the Manipur elections amid a high turnout of voters, according to reports. The EVMs and polling teams were airlifted after three helicopters, including one ALH of Global Vectra and one MI17 of IAF were deployed. The injured people and security forces were reportedly given cashless treatment.
- ODISHA : Part of bridge collapses in Odisha; 2 killed & many feared trapped. A bridge collapsed at Chhatra Bazar in Odisha’s Cuttack on Wednesday evening. Many people are feared trapped on the spot. An investigation will be done and action will be taken against those found responsible for the incident, District Magistrate Bhabani Shankar Chayani said
- TAMILNADU: Perarivalan, who was one of seven convicted in the case of Rajiv Gandhi’s assasination, was granted bail by the Supreme Court on 09 Mar. Perarivalan spent over three decades in jail. A Bench of justice L Nageswara Rao granted the bail stating that he had undergone imprisonment for 32 years.
- TELANGANA: CM K Chandrasekhar Rao has announced the job notification for 80,039 job vacancies in the state on Wednesday. He has also declared the regularization of 11,103 contract employee jobs in the state. That takes the announcement of a total of 91,142 jobs in the state.
💷 GBP 100.79
BSE Sensex 54,647.3
NIFTY : 16,345.35
PM Modi addressed the webinar for discussing budget related announcements of Department of Investment and Public Asset Management, DIPAM on 09 Mar. This culminates the series of 11 budget related webinars. PM Modi participated budget webinar relating to Ministries and Deparments of Higher Education, Rural Development, Agriculture, Defence, Health, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade DPIIT, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Department of Economic Affairs and DIPAM.
Actor Akshay Kumar in a recent media interaction said that he is working in films today “not because of money” anymore, but “for passion”. During the promotion of his next release ‘Bachchhan Paandey’ on Wednesday, the 54-year-old said.
- 15th round of military commander level talks with India on the border issue will be held on 11th March and hoped that both sides can make a further step forward in resolving the remaining friction areas in eastern Ladakh bord.
- Australian Army Chief Lieutenant General Richard Maxwell Burr along with a four member delegation is on a four day visit to India.
- On 09 March 2022, the Australian Army Chief laid a wreath at the National War Memorial and received a ceremonial Guard of Honour at the South Block.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The last batch of Indian students has left eastern Ukraine and is moving towards the western part. They will soon enter the neighbouring countries and will be evacuated from there. Union Minister Piyush Goyal said.
- The 12th edition of the Bangalore India Nano conference that kick-started 08 Mar has virtual participation from over 10 countries including Israel, Japan, and Germany, and is dwelling on subjects ranging from nano-medicine, nano photonics, nano textiles to hydrogen technology.
- Bangladesh, India, and Nepal held a meeting to discuss the passenger and Cargo protocols to operationalize the BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA). The two-day meeting held in Delhi concluded on 08 Mar Tuesday. Bhutan participated in the meeting as an observer. This is the first meeting of the group since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. The last meeting was held in February 2020 in New Delhi.
- Minister of International Trade, Export Promotion, Small Business and Economic Development of Canada, Mary Ng will arrive in New Delhi 10 Mar on a four day visit.
- PM Modi had a telephonic conversation with his Hungarian counterpart Viktor Orban on 09 Mar. The two leaders discussed the ongoing situation in Ukraine and agreed on the need to ensure an immediate ceasefire and a return to diplomacy and dialogue.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said that efforts were underway to evacuate some 18,000 people from the capital Kyiv and embattled towns near it.
- Bangladesh relaxes air travel restrictions, no need for RT-PCR test for fully vaccinated passengers.
- Foreign Ministers of Ukraine and Russia are scheduled to meet in Turkey most likely today, according to agency reports. The talks will be held in a trilateral format with Turkey opting to mediate between both nations.
- US, EU, and UK target Russia with oil ban and gas crubs over Ukraine crisis.
- Bangladeshi environmental lawyer Rizwana Hasan to get US International Women of Courage Award for 2022.
- US beverage giants PepsiCo and Coca-Cola, along with fast food major McDonald’s and coffeehouse chain Starbucks all announced on 08 Mar, that they were temporarily suspending their business in Russia in response to the country’s invasion of Ukraine.
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has said that the country certainly won’t send warplanes to Ukraine amid Russian invasion. Scholz’s comments came after US rejected Poland’s offer to transfer its Russian-made MiG-29 jets to a US base in Germany.
- The first person to receive a heart transplant from a pig has died two months after the surgery, the US hospital that performed the surgery announced on 09 Mar Wednesday. While doctors didn’t give an exact cause of death, they said 57-year-old David Bennett’s condition had begun deteriorating several days earlier. He got a transplant from a genetically modified pig.
- Militiamen have killed 18 civilians in a church compound in Democratic Republic of Congo on 08 Mar, a witness and a local human rights groups said. The civilians were sleeping in the church outbuildings when the attack took place in Banyali Kilo district in the Ituri province, according to a report. They had reportedly fled there after escaping from previous attacks.
- ICC WOMENS WORLD CUP 2022
West Indies Women vs England Women,
West Indies Women won by 7 runs
WIW – 225/6 (50)
ENGW – 218 (47.4)
Player of the Match
- 8th Match on
Mar 10, Thu
New Zealand Women vs India Women
at Seddon Park, Hamilton
06:30 IST / 01:00 GMT
- SRI LANKA TOUR OF INDIA, 2022
Mar 12, Sat
India vs Sri Lanka
2nd Test at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
14:00 IST / 08:30 GMT
- Shane Warne’s funeral : Victoria state Premier Daniel Andrews on Wednesday confirmed the MCG as the venue for a state memorial service to honor Warne, who died of a suspected heart attack last week in Thailand on 04 Mar, it was revealed that the Melbourne Cricket Ground will host his public farewell on March 30.
- India pacer S Sreesanth announced his retirement from all forms of domestic cricket on 08 Mar. Sreesanth played 27 Tests and 53 ODIs for India, taking 87 and 75 wickets respectively. He has also taken seven wickets in 10 T20 Internationals.
- Indian men’s hockey team will open its campaign at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games against minnows Ghana on July 31 while the women team will also square-off against the same rivals on July 29.
- The ATP, WTA and the International Tennis Federation (ITF) along with all four Grand Slams – the Australian Open, Wimbledon, the US Open and the French Open on 09 Mar announced a joint donation of $700,000 to Ukraine. All seven bodies have donated $100,000 each to support GlobalGiving’s Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund, which will aid humanitarian relief efforts.
- 22-yr-old cricketer Rahul Chahar marries longtime girlfriend Ishani in Goa. Rahul and Ishani had got engaged in December 2019. The 22-year-old leg-spinner, who was part of India’s T20 World Cup 2021 squad, was bought by Punjab Kings in IPL mega auction last month.
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
CM : Charanjit Singh Channi (INC)
Districts : 23
🥇Gold ₹ 54,720@10 degm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 77,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 95.66
⛽ Diesel ₹ 84.45
⛽ Autogas₹ 36.60
LPG : ₹941/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Meerut is a city in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The city may have derived its name from ‘Mayarashtra’ (Sanskrit: मयराष्ट्र), the capital of the kingdom of Mayasura, Mandodari’s father and Ravana’s father-in-law. This name may have mutated to Mairashtra, Mai-dant-ka-khera, Mairaath and eventually Meerut. Meerut is famously associated with the Indian protest of 1857 against the British East India Company. The famous slogan “Dilli Chalo” (“Let’s march to Delhi!”) was first raised here. Meerut cantonment is the place where the protest started when Hindu and Muslim soldiers were given rifle cartridges rumoured to have a coating made of animal fat. 1857 Mutineers’ Mosque.
😀 Thought of the day
Rain drops may be little in shape & size. But their continuous fall makes a river overflow. Small consistent efforts make massive changes.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Bas Stop Pe Pappu Ek Ladki Ko Taad Raha Tha
Ladki Ne Usko Tokte Hue Puchha
Ladki: “Mujhe Aise Kyun Dekh Rahe Ho? Tumhari Koi Bahan Nahi Hai Kya?”
Pappu: “Hai Na, Isliye To Dekh Raha Hu”
Pappu Muskurate Hue Bola: “Wo Kya Hai Ki Meri Bahan Ko Ek Bhabhi Chahiye
Why is milk produced only after delivery not during pregnancy?
When a women become pregnant, progesterone and estrogen, hormones that are a part of normal menstrual cycle, rise dramatically, and a new hormone, called human chorionic gonadotropin, begins to be produced.
Although mammary growth begins during pregnancy under the influence of ovarian and placental hormones, and some milk is formed, copious milk secretion sets in only after delivery. Since lactation ensues after a premature birth, it would appear that milk production is held back during pregnancy.
Sometimes a woman’s breasts make milk even though she is not pregnant or breastfeeding. This condition is called galactorrhea (say: guh-lack-tuh-ree-ah). The milk may come from one or both breasts. It may leak on its own or only when the breasts are touched. Reasons for lactating when not recently pregnant can range from hormone imbalances to medication side effects to other health conditions. The most common cause of breast milk production is an elevation of a hormone produced in the brain called prolactin.
Women with certain illnesses and infections may be advised by doctors not to breastfeed because of the danger of passing the illness or infection to the breastfed infant.
Kitchen पाकशाला, पाककक्षा
अहं पाकशालायां पाकं करोमि।
I am cooking in the kitchen.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a microphone works
A microphone converts sound into a small electrical current. Sound waves hit a diaphragm that vibrates, moving a magnet near a coil. In some designs, the coil moves within a magnet.
Other microphones, such as condenser microphones, work on the principle of capacitance. Capacitors consist of parallel conducting plates that store charge and are used to smooth out signals like voltage variations in a power supply. In a condenser microphone, the incoming sound vibrates one plate of a capacitor. The varying capacitance is converted into a corresponding electrical signal.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
First male IPS officer of independent: E.B Joshi is the first male IPS officer of independent india
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Madhavrao Jivajirao Scindia (10 March 1945 – 30 September 2001) was an Indian politician and minister from the Indian National Congress. Earlier, in 1961, he had become the titular being a descendant of the Scindia dynasty of the Marathas), he was the former union cabinet minister in India, Member of Parliament and King of Gwalior.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
So far so good
Things are going well so far
Nice – Pleasant
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
PRADYUMNA (प्रद्युम्न) is the eldest son of the Sri Krishna and Rukmini. Pradyumna is considered one of the four vyuha avatars of Vishnu. According to the Bhagavata Purana, Pradyumna was an rebirth of Kamadeva, the God of love. The Mahabharata mentions that Pradyumna was portion of Sanat Kumara
मुक्ताभिमानी मुक्तो हि बद्धो बद्धाभिमान्यपि।
किवदन्तीह सत्येयं या मतिः सा गतिर्भवेत्॥ –
muktābhimānī muktō hi baddhō baddhābhimānyapi।
kivadantīha satyēyaṃ yā matiḥ sā gatirbhavēt॥
भावार्थ: स्वयं को मुक्त मानने वाला मुक्त ही है, और बद्ध मानने वाला बंधा हुआ ही है, यह कथन सत्य ही है, कि जैसी बुद्धि होती है, वैसी ही गति होती है।
Meaning: If one thinks of oneself as free, one is free, and if one thinks of oneself as bound, one is bound. Here this saying is true, “Thinking makes it so”.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Pomegranate remedy for piles Siddha medicine is one of the world’s oldest medical system that originated in South India. Siddha medicine uses different parts pomegranate fruit and plant to treat piles.
Use powder of pomegranate flowers. Get some flowers of pomegranate and dry them in shade. Grind the dried pomegranate flowers to get their powder. Have a teaspoon of this powder with honey on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Burn the peel of pomegranate fruit. Peel the pomegranate fruit and separate its outer peel. Now burn this peel to get its ashes. Mix a teaspoonful of this ash in 200 ml of water and wash your anal region. Do it many times during the day. Continue this remedy for 7 days.
Boil the peel of pomegranate fruit. Put the peels of pomegranate in water and boil this water. Strain and have one glass each of this water in morning and evening. This is a quick remedy for piles which means you can get relief fast when using this remedy. Drink pomegranate juice for bleeding piles. If you suffer from bleeding piles, drink a cup of pomegranate juice twice every day. Even cranberry juice can be taken for this purpose. Both of these fruits are hemostatics which means they have the ability to stop bleeding. Due to this quality of the fruits, they can heal your bleeding piles.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼