10 Jun (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Ashada 06, (Purnimanta) Jyeshta 22, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Shatabhisha (up to 3:39 pm) Purva Bhadrapada
Tithi: Saptami (up to 2:02 pm) Ashtami
Rahu: 09:05 AM – 10:45 AM
Yamaganda: 02:06 PM – 03:47 PM
Do you know about these Devata VAHAN: https://youtu.be/Tu30XR1RXKM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Biparjoy Cyclone Highlights: The storm is likely to cause wind gusts of 40 to 50 kmph in coastal districts of Gujarat in the coming days.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired a high-level meeting over the preparedness of 62 days long Amarnath Yatra, which will commence on July 1 and culminate on August 31.
- ISRO Chairman S Somanath has said the space agency will be launching the Chandrayaan-3 mission in mid-July. “Chandrayaan-3 is nearing launch. The satellite has moved from U R Rao Satellite Centre to the Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
- The Election Commission has initiated first-level checks (FLC) of EVMs and Papertrail machines across the country in a phased manner ahead of the 2024 Lok Sabha elections and assembly polls in five states which are due at the end of this year.
- Science and Technology Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh has said that Rojgar Mela has institutionalised the government recruitment process and a target has been set to provide 10 lakh jobs to the youths.
- Union minister of information, broadcasting, youth affairs and sports, Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated a three-day national conference on ‘Recent advances in school education (RASE-2023)’ at Dr Ambedkar National Institute of Technology on Friday.
- India’s Sherpa to G20 Amitabh Kant addresses CII Southern Region Convention in Chennai. He said that the participation of Southern states is very important in the country’s economic growth. https://youtu.be/Tu30XR1RXKM
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal will inaugurate the integrated Water Resources Action Plan-2023-25 under the Amrit Jal Kranti initiative. It is aimed at conserving water resources.
- Heavy rains lashed Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya, on Friday morning and caused massive waterlogging in many parts of the city.
- The Nand Baba Milk Mission has been launched by UP CM Yogi Adityanath in Uttar Pradesh with a budget of Rs 1,000 crore. Its aim is to boost milk production and empower milk producers by providing them with opportunities to sell their milk through dairy co-operative societies at fair prices.
- Kerala has been announced as the top-performing state in the fifth State Food Safety Index by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, according to an official statement. Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya Unveiled the fifth State Food Safety Index.
- The monsoon is expected to reach some parts of Karnataka by Saturday (June 10), according to India Meteorological Department (IMD). A yellow alert has been issued for coastal Karnataka.
- Odisha M Naveen Patnaik dropped Higher Education Minister Rohit Pujari from his council of ministers. The Chief Minister recommended to Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal to drop Rohit Pujari reportedly due to poor performance of his department.
- Telangana Ranks 1st for Overall Environmental Performance: Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) released its annual compendium of data.
- Former AIADMK MP V Maitreyan joined the BJP in New Delhi on Friday in the presence of party National General Secretary Arun Singh. Maitreyan was previously with the BJP till early 2000, but later quit the party to join AIADMK.
- The National Exit Test (NExT) will be conducted in 2024, with All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) being a potential organizer. This standardized exam will serve as a common qualifying final year MBBS examination, a licentiate exam to practice modern medicine, and also act as a screening exam for foreign medical graduates who aspire to practice in India.
- Sanjay Swarup is set to be next Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Container Corporation of India (CONCOR), a PSU under the Ministry of Railways.
- Four-term MLA from Mumbai’s Dharavi constituency, Varsha Gaikwad, was on Friday appointed as new Mumbai Congress President.
- Odisha’s single window clearance authority has approved 20 investment projects worth ₹3,457 crore with employment potential of 14,436. As per an official, at least ten out of these investment proposals were received during the Make in Odisha Conclave 2022.
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is set to announce the results of the Civil Services Examination (CSE) prelims 2023, aspirants filed a plea before the Central Administrative Tribunal seeking a reduction in the cut-off for the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) from 33% to 23%. The plea said that the CSAT questions were out of the syllabus.
- CBI registers six cases pertaining to incidents of large-scale violence in Manipur.
- Nationalist Congress Party MP Supriya Sule on Friday demanded the Maharashtra government and union home minister Amit Shah ensure the security of NCP boss Sharad Pawar. Sule told reporters she had received a threat on aimed at Pawar.
- 76 flats built on land seized from gangster-politician Atiq Ahmad in Uttar Pradesh’s Prayagraj have been allotted to the poor. The flats were allotted through a lottery system. Each flat has a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, a toilet, a bathroom, a balcony, electricity, sewerage and a parking facility.
- Uttar Pradesh government has announced that it has decided to cancel all traffic challans for vehicle owners pending from 2017 to 2021. The cancellation applies on challans issued between December 31, 2016 and December 31, 2021, regardless of the vehicle type. This includes cases that are currently pending in various courts.
- Normalcy has returned in Maharashtra’s Kolhapur after Wednesday’s violence during the bandh call by the Bajrang Dal over the alleged social media posts related to Tipu Sultan and Aurangzeb. According to reports, internet services, which were snapped following the violence, have been restored.
- A portion of an open mine of Bharat Coking Coal Limited collapsed in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, on Friday. Multiple deaths feared.
$ USD ₹.82.43
💷 GBP ₹.103.69
GDP rate (2023) : 6.15%
Inflation rate : 4.7%
Population : 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unemployment : 7.8%
BSE Sensex: 62,625.63 −223.01 (0.35%) 🔻
NIFTY: 18,563.40 −71.15 (0.38%)🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD : ₹ 60,650/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER : ₹ 73,500/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL : ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL : ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas : ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- India’s daily peak power demand hit a new all-time high of 222.9 GW on Thursday, as per data from Grid Controller of India Limited. Several states including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat contributed to the surge in electricity demand.
- Reserve Bank of India’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) decided unanimously to keep the policy repo rate unchanged at 6.5% for the second time.
- The Chief Economic Advisor V Anantha Nageswaran has said, India’s economic growth will inch closer to 6.5-7% for fiscal year 2023-24 as companies step up investment and advancements in digital infrastructure.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has issued showcause notices to Xiaomi India, its officials and three banks under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) for alleged foreign exchange violation of over ₹5,551 crore. The officials include Xiaomi India’s CFO Sameer Rao and its former MD Manu Jain, while the three banks are CITI Bank, HSBC Bank and Deutsche Bank AG.
- The makers of ‘OMG 2’, starring Akshay Kumar, on Friday announced the release date of the film. Directed by Amit Rai, the comedy-drama will be released on August 11, clashing with Ranbir Kapoor’s ‘Animal’ and Sunny Deol’s ‘Gadar 2’ at the box office.
- Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta, who were blessed with a baby girl on May 31, have named their newborn daughter Veda. The couple got married in March 2019. The couple welcomed their first child, Prithvi, in the year 2020.
- Actor and assistant director Saran Raj has died at the age of 29 in a car accident in Chennai. The car was allegedly being driven by Palaniappan, who is also a Tamil actor, under the influence of alcohol. Palaniappan had reportedly rammed into Raj’s bike, following which the latter died on the spot.
- Lt Gen Rakesh Kapoor assumed the appointment of the Deputy Chief of the Army Staff DCOAS (IS & C) of Indian Army.
- BrahMos missiles, jointly developed by India and Russia, have been highly sought-after by countries seeking to bolster their defence capabilities due to their supersonic speed, precision guidance, and versatility.India is likely to sell its highly- accomplished BrahMos missiles to Vietnam.
- Commodore K.S. Subra-Manian, Commanding Officer of India’s first submarine INS Kalvari, laid to rest in Coimbatore. Passes away on June 5 in Coimbatore, aged 94.
- Kerala’s first ‘Ashoka Chakra’ winner Havildar Alby D’Cruz passes away. Thiruvananthapuram on 6 June. He was 87 Years.
- A team of Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) is in Argentina to negotiate with the Argentinian Air Force to make a pitch for its LCH “Prachand, along with its indigenously developed Tejas fighter jets.
- Indian Army on Friday signed the second procurement contract of ‘Tactical LAN Radio’ through Innovations Defence Excellence (iDEX) continuing with the commitment towards the ‘Make in India’ initiative.”The contract with Astrome Tech Pvt Ltd, Bangalore.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu on Friday wrapped up her state visit to Suriname and Serbia during which she held wide-ranging talks with the top leaders to reaffirm India’s strong bilateral relations with the two countries.
- Go First on Friday issued a notice announcing that all its flights scheduled till June 14 have been cancelled due to operational reasons.
- India’s first all-women Haj flight successfully took off from Kozhikode to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia on Thursday. This remarkable feat was made possible by an all-women crew of Air India Express (AIXL), an international budget airline.
- CEO of OpenAI Sam Altman met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi, June 8.
- PM Modi and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman reviewed bilateral cooperation and discussed ways to bolster relations in connectivity, energy, and defence.
- South Korea’s Foreign Ministry summoned China’s ambassador on Friday to protest comments he made accusing Seoul of tilting toward the United States and away from China, as competition between Washington and Beijing for global influence intensifies.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Former United States President Donald Trump has said that he has been indicted on charges of mishandling classified documents at his Florida estate, igniting a federal prosecution that is arguably the most perilous of multiple legal threats against the former president as he seeks to reclaim the White House.
- Australia has announced it will introduce a national ban on Nazi symbols, in an effort to crack down on far-right groups. Public displays of the SS symbols will be punishable by up to a year in prison.
- Philippine troops, police, and rescue workers begin forcibly evacuating residents near Mayon Volcano in Philippine.
- US Vice President Kamala Harris announces more than 100 million US Dollars assistance for Caribbean.
- European Union ministers have agreed on a deal to overhaul the bloc’s asylum procedures after 12 hours of negotiations to obtain the go-ahead from front-line members Italy and Greece.
- The United Nations World Food Programme has said it is temporarily suspending food aid to Ethiopia because its supplies are being diverted.
- Mediators Saudi Arabia and the United States have announced that Sudan’s warring sides have agreed to a nationwide ceasefire for 24 hours starting early Saturday.
- Pakistan’s former PM Imran Khan secured bail on Thursday from the Islamabad High Court over new murder charges
ICC World Test Championship Final 2023
Australia vs India, Final
IND – 296
AUS – 469 & 123/4 (44)
- PM Modi lauds performance of Indian sportspersons at 20th Asian U20 Athletics Championships. the athletes performed exceptionally well and with 19 medals, including 6 golds, India soared to 3rd place among 45 nations.
CAPITAL : Mumbai
Before was State of Bombay (1950–1960)
1 May 1960
Governor: Ramesh Bais
CM: Eknath Shinde
Bird: Yellow-footed green pigeon
Mammal: Giant squirrel
Tree: Mango tree
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Mangal Pandey was an Indian soldier who played a key part in the events immediately preceding the outbreak of the First Indian Rebellion of 1857. He was a sepoy in the 34th Bengal Native Infantry regiment of the British East India Company. In 1984, the Indian government issued a postage stamp to remember him.
😀Thought of the day
The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu: Mery dada ny 1857 ke jang main dushman ki tangain kaat di thin.
Friend: Gardanien q nai katin?
Pappu: Wo pehly he kati hui thin..😳
Why we must avoid eating food during Surya Grahan 🌞–🌚–🌎
A large percentage of population avoids food during the eclipse. The eclipse is caused due to a unique alignment of the sun, the moon, and the planet earth. Such an alignment causes the moon to block the sun’s rays, thereby casting a shadow on the earth.
When the moon, comes between sun and earth, it releases radiations which are not good for the human body. These radiations badly affect the food and give birth to bacteria, which when consumed may cause disorder and may lead to diseases. Though a few people were affected badly from eating during the eclipse, they would have made it a general rule for everyone so that not a single person suffers from a health problem.
Some people think that there are also many superstitions that revolve around this solar eclipse or Surya Grahan, right from restricting consumption of food at a particular time to actually banning people from watching the celestial event live. But there is reason behind this… It is possible to suffer serious and permanent eye damage by looking at any type of solar eclipse and there is no treatment. Children are especially at risk due to more light reaching the retina than adults.
साधन – Source
साधना – practice
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The average brain weight of the adult male was 1336 gr; for the adult female 1198 gr. With increasing age, brain weight decreases by 2.7 gr in males, and by 2.2 gr in females per year. Per centimeter body height brain weight increases independent of sex by an average of about 3.7 gr.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Lieutenant Colonel Dhan Singh Thapa, PVC (10 April 1928 – 5 September 2005) was an Indian Army officer, and recipient of the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest military decoration
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Burn the midnight oil
Work or study hard
Atheist x Theist
Develop – enlarge, evolve, expand
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Pancha Bhoota or पञ्चमहाभूत🖐🏻
Five great elements, which are the basis of all cosmic creation
Prithvi : Earth,
Varuna/Jal : Water
Agni : Fire
Aakasha : Space
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Papaya contain high levels of antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Diets high in antioxidants may reduce the risk of heart disease. The antioxidants prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. When cholesterol oxidizes, it’s more likely to create blockages that lead to heart disease.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ SHARE IT