YOGA FOR FLAT BELLY: https://youtu.be/2wgxyxFdbr8?si=xr7dyZ4_bjyoSOKJ
- Today is World Hindi Diwas Day, also known as Vishwa Hindi Diwas, is celebrated with great enthusiasm around the world and by people in the country on January 10 every year. This observance commemorates the historic moment when Hindi was first spoken in the United Nations General Assembly in 1949.
- President Smt. Droupadi Murmu presented the National Sports and Adventure Awards 2023 at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Former President Shri Ram Nath Kovind will confer Post Graduate Diploma degrees at the 55th Convocation ceremony of the Indian Institute of Mass Communication’s (IIMC) in New Delhi
- Yesterday, Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur extended the greetings of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to all the Indians living around the globe.
- Union Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Giriraj Singh stressed on women’s empowerment to check the incidents of violence against them.
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated National Kala Utsav at National Bal Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Global Textile Expo- Bharat Tex 2024 to begin on 26th Feb.
- Bengaluru’s Lalbagh gears up for Republic-Day flower show: This year’s theme is dedicated to the life and works of Basavanna, the 12th century poet who spearheaded the Bhakti movement in Kannada literature. An estimated 11 lakh people are expected to visit this year’s Republic Day flower show in Lalbagh from January 18 to 28.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has recently introduced a comprehensive social welfare scheme named “Yogyasree.” The initiative aims to provide free training modules for Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) students in West Bengal.
- The Election Commission of India announced by-elections for three legislative assembly seats in Telangana and Uttar Pradesh on January 29. The notification for elections will be issued on 11 January. The last date to file nominations is 18 January.
- The Karnataka government has approached the Supreme Court asking for the modification of its January 3, 2024, direction for keeping in abeyance 11,494 appointment orders issued by the state authorities for the post of Graduate Primary Teacher, in the recruitment process conducted after a notification issued on March 21, 2022.
- The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has kept its stand on contesting in an alliance with the Congress in five states, including Punjab.
- To promote the Lakshadweep islands for tourism, India plans to develop a new airfield at Minicoy Island that would be capable of operating commercial and military aircraft, including fighter jets.
- The Shiv Sena (UBT) on Monday moved the Supreme Court (SC) taking objection to Assembly Speaker Rahul Narwekar meeting Chief Minister Eknath Shinde ahead of the Shiv Sena MLAs disqualification.
- Why has 22 January been chosen as the date for the Ram Mandir consecration ceremony?
Lord Ram was born at the time of a confluence of Abhijit Muhurat, Mrigashirsha Nakshatra, Amrit Siddhi Yoga and Sarvartha Siddhi Yoga. All these auspicious periods will align on 22 January 2024, making it the ideal date for pran pratishtha or the consecration ceremony of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
International Court of Justice Prz.: Joan Donoghue
- The Central Consumer Protection Authority, CCPA has issued notices to 31 coaching institutes for misleading advertisements. It has also imposed fine on nine coaching institutes for misleading advertisement.
- CBI has conducted searches at around twelve locations in a case related to paper leakage of General Departmental Competitive Examination conducted by Railway Recruitment Centre. The raids were conducted at Surat, Amreli, Navsari in Gujarat, Mumbai in Maharashtra and Buxar in Bihar.
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued a notice to the Telangana Government over the reported suicide of a female student at an Engineering college in the Rangareddy district of Telangana.
- In Madhya Pradesh: Section 144 imposed in parts of Shajapur after stone pelting on religious procession. According to reports, some fringe elements allegedly pelted stones at a rally of young people, who were distributing Akshat (rice) for the Ram Temple.
- Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday filed its first charge sheet in the ongoing probe into the Railways land-for-jobs scam against RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav’s wife, former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi, their daughter Misa Bharti and others under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
- Bengaluru AI Start-Up CEO Suchana Seth kills 4-year-old son in Goa, tries to flee with body in bag. Preliminary investigations revealed that Suchana Seth’s estranged relationship with her husband Venkat Raman led to the gory killing.
- Two suspected drug smugglers were killed and another was injured in an encounter with police at the Old Talwandi Bhai Road near Punjab’s Zira on Tuesday.
- The Madras High Court on Tuesday refused to declare as null and void the election of four MPs and eight MLAs, who had contested on reserved symbols belonging to other political parties in the 2019 general election and the 2021 Assembly election, respectively.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
IMF MD: Kristalina Georgieva
$ USD ₹ 83.12
💷 GBP ₹ 105.64
€ Euro: ₹ 90.86
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
India is the fifth largest economy in the world.
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr
(17.7% of the total world population).
BSE SENSEX: 71,386.21 +30.99 (0.043%)🌲
NIFTY: 21,544.85 +31.85 (0.15%)🌲
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 62,950/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 76,600/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 76/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 106/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
- Walmart-owned fintech firm PhonePe has appointed Ritesh Pai as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of its international payments business.
- Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI) released a report on ‘Engendering Land Ports in India’ in New Delhi. The main objective of the report is to develop a framework for gender inclusive cross border trade and tourism through land Ports in the country.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), one of India’s leading energy exploration and production companies, achieved a significant milestone on January 7 by commencing the first oil production from the deep-water KG-DWN 98/2 Block. Located in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin off the Bay of Bengal on the Kakinada coast.
- The Indian government’s First Advance Estimates (FAE) for 2023-24 released on January 6th project the economy will expand 7.3% – faster than the 7.2% growth achieved in 2022-23 on the back of robust domestic demand.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on January 8 said it has imposed monetary penalty on four co-operative banks for rule violations.
- These banks are The Halol Urban Co-operative Bank, The Mehsana Jilla Panchayat Karmachari Co-operative Bank, Navsarjan Industrial Co-operative Bank and The Stambhadri Co-operative Urban Bank.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII): R Madhavan
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Prabhas-starrer SALAAR movie is heading towards the Rs 600 crore mark at the box office. After running strongly at the box office for 18 days, the movie managed to collect 395.65 crore.
- It has outcompeted Shah Rukh Khan’s Dunki, released a day before Salaar. Dunki currently stands at Rs 218 crore net in India.
- Eminent Indian music maestro Ustad Rashid Khan passed away in Kolkata on Tuesday. He was 55.
Supreme Commander of Armed Forces: The President
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Def Minister of State: Ajay Bhatt
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Defence Minister Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh met UK Defence Minister Grant Shapps and reviewed the full range of India-UK defence relations.
- Indian Navy’s P8I aircraft landed at Guam, a US island territory in Western Pacific, to participate in Exercise Sea Dragon – 24. The Indian Navy and the navies of Japan, South Korea, Australia, and the US are set to forge closer bonds and improve their ability to work together during this multinational maritime exercise.
- Innovations for Defence Excellence-Defence Innovation Organisation (iDEX-DIO) under India’s Ministry of Defence is participating at the 10th edition of prestigious Vibrant Gujarat Summit being held from January 10-12, 2024 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Eastern Army Commander Lt Gen RC Tiwari met Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh and Governor Anusiya Uikey on Tuesday.
- PLANS AFOOT TO OPEN UP KARGIL WAR BATTLEFIELDS FOR TOURISM: The administration is taking steps to establish tourism infrastructure at places that witnessed the 1999 India-Pakistan war in the Kargil region.
- In 1999, the Indian Army defeated and chased away Pakistani forces that had crossed the Line of Control (LOC) and taken up positions in Kargil. These areas include the Mushkoh valley, Kaksar, Chulichan and Gargardo.
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- PM Modi inaugurated the Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show at Gandhinagar in the presence of the President of Mozambique Filipe Nyusi, President of Timor Leste José Ramos-Horta and Gujarat CM Bhupendra Patel.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held bilateral meeting with the President of Timor Leste José Ramos-Horta at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar ahead of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit.
- PM Modi led a roadshow with UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan from Sardar Patel International Airport Ahmedabad to Gandhinagar.
- Maldives leader, parliamentarian no less, has demanded President Mohamed Muizzu’s ouster from his post as the country battles a diplomatic row with longstanding ally India. Ali Azim, Parliamentary Minority Leader in the Maldivian parliament has made this demand publicly, taking to social media platform X (formerly Twitter). Though he does not explicitly mention India in his post, he has indicated that a vote of no-confidence be held against President Muizzu.
- The Maldives has been making headlines recently due to a diplomatic spat with India triggered by comments made by some Maldivian politicians and ministers.
- (a) In December 2023, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Lakshadweep, an archipelago near the Maldives.
- (b) This visit was reportedly perceived by some in the Maldives as an attempt to divert attention from their country.
- (c) Subsequently, Abdulla Mahzoom Majid, a Maldivian minister, made derogatory remarks on social media targeting PM Modi and suggesting that India was trying to compete with the Maldives in beach tourism. These comments faced significant backlash from India.
- (d) Indians, including celebrities, responded by cancelling their planned trips to the Maldives, using the hashtag #BoycottMaldives on social media.
- (e) President of Maldives At Present Time Mohamed Muizzu.
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Gabriel Attal has been named next Prime Minister of France. At 34, he is the youngest Prime Minister in modern French history, outranking even Socialist Laurent Fabius who was 37 when he was appointed by François Mitterrand in 1984.
- Former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi have been indicted in the Toshakhana case.
- Japan hit by another 6.0-magnitude earthquake on Tuesday.
- While Japan is still reeling from the powerful New Year’s Day earthquake as death toll from from previous quake crosses 200-mark.
- Former Bhutan PM Tshering Tobgay’s party won Bhutan’s election Tuesday, wins elections overshadowed by economic strife.
- Maldives President Muizzu on Tuesday appealed to China to ‘intensify’ efforts to send more tourists to his country, amid a spate of cancellation of reservations by Indian tourists.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has congratulated winners of the National Sports and Adventure Awards 2023.
- India’s best-performing athletes were conferred with the national sports awards by President Smt Droupadi Murmu in a regal ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhawan where para archer and sports bigwig, Sheetal Devi from Jammu and Kashmir was also conferred with Arjuna Award.
- PRO KABADDI
On 09 Jan 2024
DOME by NSCI, Mumbai 64 Match
Telugu Titans- 26
- WOMEN’S CRICKET 🏏
India Women vs Australia Women,
3rd T20 International
- Tuesday, 09 Jan 2024
- • Navi Mumbai , Dr DY Patil Sports Academy
- INDW 147/6(20)
- AUSW 149/3(18.4)
- Australia Women won by 7 wkts
- PLAYER OF THE MATCH: Annabel Sutherland
- PLAYER OF THE SERIES: Alyssa Healy
GUJARAT: GANDHI NAGAR
Before was bifurcation Bombay State
Formation: 01 May 1960
Governor: Acharya Devvrat
Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel (BJP)
Flower: Marigold 🌻
Mammal: Asiatic 🦁lion
Tree: Banyan 🌳
In Bharat there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of Bharat:142 cr (2023)
President of Bharat: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajya Sabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha: 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
Smallest state (Area) – Goa
Smallest state (population) – Sikkim
Smallest Union Territory – Lakshadweep.
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
Train mein Warning likhi thi…..
Bina Ticket safar krnek wale Yaatri Hoshiyaar..
Chintu – Waah, toh jisne ticket li woh bewkuf🙄🤔
Why should one not sleep under the trees at night.
During the day, in presence of sunlight, the plants use up the CO2 and release O2 in the process of photosynthesis. But during night, plants won’t perform photosynthesis so they are unable to the CO2 and this further leads to increase in the proportion of CO2 in the air. During night the trees breathe in oxygen and release CO2. If one sleeps under the trees, the amount of increased CO2 in the air around will certainly affect the health. So it is inadvisable to sleep under trees during night.
नातिक्रान्तानि शोचेत प्रस्तुतान्यनागतानि चित्यानि ।
nātikrāntāni śoceta prastutānyanāgatāni cityāni ।
One should not regret what is past. One should only think of the present and future.
बीती बातों पर दुःख न मनाये। वर्तमान की तथा भविष्य की बातों पर ध्यान दें।
The shuttlecock used like a ball consists of a cork head (made from the bark of the cork tree) a skirt of overlapping 16 feathers, threads and glue. In China, goose feathers are used. In India, white duck. Only six feathers in each wing can be used to make a shuttlecock.
10 January – World Hindi Day
It is celebrated on 10 January to commemorate the First World Hindi Conference.
Mohamed Zainuddin Juvale, popularly known as Captain Fakir Mohamed Zainuddin Juvale, was an Indian naval captain and one of the pioneers of the trade from the Konkan region in the western Indian state of Maharashtra. Born on 10 January 1890 in a Konkani. After retirement, Juvale founded the first nautical school in India, Kokan Nautical School, in 1923 at Dongri, Mumbai for imparting sea man training to Konkan youth
The Shipping Corporation of India named one of their supply ships in his honour as M. V. Capt FM Juvale in 1998.
The ball is in your court
It’s your decision
Harmful × Harmless
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Pandavas were born to Pandu and his wives, Kunti and Madri by the boon given to Kunti by Durvasa, that she could have a son by any god whom she respects without having any marital affair.
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
You can cure dandruff using mehndi. Mehndi works well on your hair and softens it. Here is how you prepare the mehndi mix for your hair.
Firstly, mix mehndi with curd and a little bit of lemon juice
Once this is formed as a paste, keep the mixture aside for 8 hours.
After 8 hours you can apply it on your hair.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ …✒️