10 Aug (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 24, (Purnimanta)
Sravana 24, (Amanta)
Tithi : Dashami/Ekadashi
Rahu : 02:09 PM – 03:45 PM
Yamaganda : 06:04 AM – 07:41 AM
APTITUDE TEST: https://youtu.be/DUyWNis7PS4
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Bills Passed yesterday in the Parliament are:
- (a) The Coastal Aquaculture Authority (Amendment) Bill 2023.
- (b) The Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order Amendment Bill 2023.
- (c) Rajya Sabha passes Digital Personal Data Protection Bill, 2023. The Bill has already been passed in Lok Sabha.
- (d) The Anusandhan National Research Foundation Bill, 2023.
- (e) Rajya Sabha has taken up the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2023 for consideration and passing.
- Lok Sabha discusses No-Confidence Motion brought by Opposition against the Government; Debate to resume today.
- BJP women Members of Parliament (MPs) approached Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla over the alleged inappropriate behaviour of Congress MP Rahul Gandhi in the House. They have accused him of insulting women members while talking to media outside Parliament, Union Minister Shobha Karandlaje said.
- Union minister Smriti Irani, who was addressing the Lok Sabha just after Gandhi’s speech on the no-confidence motion against the Modi government, expressed outrage over Gandhi blowing a flying kiss in the Lok Sabha. Irani called the Congress leader a misogynist. She said that the House had never witnessed such an “indecent act”.
- Science and Technology Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh said that India’s success rate in rocket launches between 2017 to 2022 is nearly 90%.
- The Government has launched the sale of chana dal at 60 rupees per kg under the brand name of Bharat Dal to make pulses available to consumers at affordable prices. Minister of State for Consumer Affairs Ashwini Kumar Choubey informed.
- HAL to engage with the private sector to make GE F-414 turbofan engines in India. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Chief CB Ananthakrishnan said.
- Rajya Sabha Chairman Jagdeep Dhankhar paid homage to freedom fighters on the 81st Anniversary of the historic Quit India Movement.
- The Haryana Government has decided to provide free travel facilities to women on the buses of Haryana Roadways on Rakshabandhan
- TRIPURA launches celebration of “Meri Mati, Mera Desh” campaign upon theme of ‘Mitti Ko Naman, Veero Ka Bandan’.
- GUJARAT: CM Bhupendra Patel launches statewide ‘Meri Mati, Mera Desh’ campaign at Gunsada in the tribal district Tapi.
- RAJASTHAN CM Ashok Gehlot announced on Wednesday that the state would raise OBC reservation from 21% to 27%, with the additional 6% being for the benefit of the most backward sections within the category.
- MAHARASHTRA’s Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis met with the Mexican delegation and held discussion about the industrial, financial and economic sectors.
- TELANGANA High Court on Wednesday ruled that a married sister of a deceased employee is also eligible for compassionate appointments, holding that denial of compassionate appointment to a sister because she was not dependent on the deceased employee would amount to gender discrimination.
- KERALA Assembly passes resolution urging Centre to rename ‘Kerala’ as ‘Keralam’.
- Renowned author and vice-president of Samata Parishad, Mr. Hari Narke, passed away in Mumbai after suffering a heart attack. He was 70.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- At least 12 social media groups traced to Pakistan played a pivotal role in the Nuh clashes, the police have said. The groups, being run on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and Telegram with thousands of followers from across the Mewat region of Haryana and Rajasthan, were allegedly professing hatred through daily broadcasts, they said.
- Outgoing Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) chief and BJP MP Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, accused in a case of alleged sexual harassment of women wrestlers, on Wednesday told a Delhi court that hugging or touching a woman without a sexual intent is not an offence.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 82.83
GBP ₹ 105.42
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,995.81 +149.31 (0.23%)🔺
NIFTY: 19,632.55 +61.70 (0.32%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Government to sell 50 lakh tonnes of wheat and 25 lakh tonnes of rice in open market to stabilize retail price.
- The Atal Pension Yojana (APY) scheme has reached a remarkable milestone as it completes eight years of successful implementation. Over 5.25 Crore Subscribers Enrolled In Atal Pension Yojana.
- As per a Finance Ministry report, both state-owned banks and leading private banks have garnered more than ₹21,000 crore in fees primarily from account holders failing to maintain the minimum balance.
- Bandhan Bank recently announced a partnership with the Odisha government to ramp up the state tourism department’s payment solutions.
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed monetary penalties on four co-operative banks for deficiencies in regulatory compliance. These banks are
(i) Shri Vinayak Sahakari Bank,
(ii) Shreeji Bhatia Cooperative Bank,
(iii)Mizoram Urban Cooperative Development Bank
(iv)Vita Urban Co-operative Bank.
- Finance Ministry on Wednesday cautioned people to guard against fraudsters extorting money in the name of Indian Customs. “Indian Customs never calls or send SMS for paying Customs Duty in a personal bank account. All communication from Indian Customs contain a DIN which can be verified on CBIC website,” the finance ministry said.
- Fair trade regulator Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the merger of Tata Cleantech Capital and Tata Capital Financial Services into Tata Capital Ltd. Tata Capital Financial Services (TCFSL) and Tata Cleantech Capital Ltd are RBI-registered non-deposit accepting non-banking financial companies. Both companies are subsidiaries of Tata Capital Ltd (TCL).
- Anti-trust regulator CCI cleared the proposed purchase of 90 per cent equity stake in HDFC Credila Financial Services by a private equity consortium of BPEA EQT and ChrysCapital.
- IRS officer Sanjay Kumar Agarwal has taken charge as the Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Bhatt’s upcoming Hollywood action movie, “Hearts of Stone” on its Discord channel.
- Malayalam Actor Dulquer Salmaan postpones the trailer release of King of Kotha as a way of paying respect to late filmmaker Siddique
- The Bombay High Court has dismissed an application filed by Axis Finance to implead Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL), Essel Mauritius, and Culver Max Entertainment (Sony) in its commercial summary suit against ZEEL promoter Subhash Chandra Goenka and others.
- William Friedkin, the Oscar-winning American director of films like The Exorcist and The French Connection passed away in Los Angeles(LA), California, United States of America (USA) at the age of 87.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Two Indian Navy ships, INS Visakhapatnam and INS Trikand, arrived at Port Rashid in Dubai on Wednesday for a bilateral exercise with the UAE Navy. Bilateral exercise ‘ZAYED TALWAR’ to enhance interoperability and synergy between the two navies.
- The Indian Air Force has recently embarked on a significant initiative to extend the service life of its MiG-29 fighters. This is being accomplished through a comprehensive overhaul process known as the “Second Life Extension” program. This ambitious initiative is slated to extend the operational lifespan of the MiG-29UPG fighters until 2037.
- Army Chief Gen Manoj Pande on Wednesday left for the UK on a five-day visit to attend a prestigious military event and hold talks with the top British defence brass on bilateral strategic issues. General Pande will review the 201st Sovereign’s Parade of Commissioning Course at the prestigious Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst as the ‘Sovereign’s Representative’ for the parade.
- German Air Force chief Lieutenant General Ingo Gerhartz called on the Indian Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal V R Chaudhari in Delhi. During the meeting, the two sides discussed issues of mutual interest and the means to further enhance cooperation between the two Air Forces.
- Commander (Eastern Seaboard) S Paramesh has been appointed as Additional Director General Coast Guard at Indian Coast Guard Headquarters, New Delhi.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Indian High Commissioner in Bangladesh Pranay Verma paid tributes to Bangbandhu Sheikh Majibur Rahman on his 48th Death Anniversary at Tungipara in Bangladesh.
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremasinghe has emphasised the importance of improving air and sea connectivity between the Northern regions of the island with South India.
- Due to incessant rain for the past seven days and the onrush of water from hilly areas of India and Myanmar, almost the entire Chattogram Division of Bangladesh is grappling with floods.
- According to ISRO, India-Japan space science cooperation at national level, space agency level (ISRO & JAXA), and institute-level were discussed with specific reference to the joint LUPEX (Lunar Polar Exploration) mission.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman S. Somanath met Dr. Saku Tsuneka, Director General, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan, on August 8.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Amid rising threats from Belarus and Wagner fighters, Poland has started sending troops to the border to reinforce its control and curb entry of illegal migrants.
- 41 migrants dead due to shipwreck in central Mediterranean, four survivors reach Italy.
- Pakistan President Arif Alvi dissolved the National Assembly on Wednesday at outgoing Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s advice, marking an end to the current government’s tenure and paving the way for next general elections.
- Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif send a summary for the dissolution of the National Assembly to President Dr Arif Alvi.
- China has asked the Philippines to remove a grounded warship used as a military outpost from a disputed shoal.
- Pakistan’s former Prime Minister Imran Khan who is currently imprisoned in Jail, challenged his arrest in the Toshakhana case at Islamabad High Court.
- Former US President Donald Trump’s attorneys and federal prosecutors have been ordered to appear in court on Friday. The order was issued by a federal judge presiding over Trump’s trial on charges of trying to overturn the 2020 election.
- Ecuadorian presidential candidate Fernando Villavicencio was shot and killed Wednesday by unidentified gunman while at a political rally in the country’s capital of Quito.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
INDIA VS PAKISTAN ASIAN CHAMPIONS TROPHY : Skipper Harmanpreet Singh struck twice from penalty corners as a dominant.
India defeated Pakistan 4-0 in their Asian Champions Trophy clash on Wednesday (August 9) to finish as table toppers at the Mayor Radhakrishnan Hockey Stadium in Chennai.
Formation: 1 Nov 1966
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CM: Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
Bird: Northern goshawk
Mammal: Blackbuck, Indus river dolphin
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
In 1942 India Rioting Follows Arrest Of Gandhi 10th Aug. 1942: In India rioting and strikes occurred in Bombay and Delhi over the arrest of Mohandas K. Gandhi who advocated non-violent protests. Japan encouraged Indians to fight for their liberty from Britain and reported that they were standing on the India-Burma border ready to help liberate India.
😀Thought of the day
To survive in peace and harmony, united and strong, we must have one people, one nation, one flag.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu ki ☂chatri me hole tha, kisine pucha, umbrella mein hole kyu?
Pappu: Oye barish ruk jayegi to pata kaise chalega.
Why sugar cane is sweet?*
It allows plants to absorb the sun’s energy more readily. In the same way that animals store fat, the sugarcane plant stores energy that is doesn’t need. This extra energy is sugar and it is stored as sweet juice in the plants’ stalks. When ripe, sugarcane stalks are harvested and converted into raw sugar.
Sugarcane is sweet due to presence of high amount of carbohydrates, which are sweet in nature, It contains carbohydrates namely, sucrose, glucose and fructose. … Thus, high amount of glucose and fructose is responsible for sweet flavour of sugarcane.
अधरम : Lips 👄
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Recharging a battery involves the conversion of electrical energy to chemical energy. During recharging, there is movement of electrons from an external power source to the anode, and on the other side electrons are removed from the cathode.
A battery charger is basically a DC power supply source. Here a transformer is used to step down the AC mains input voltage to the required level as per the rating of the transformer.
Working Principle of Lead Acid Battery
When the sulfuric acid dissolves, its molecules break up into positive hydrogen ions (2H+) and sulphate negative ions (SO4—) and move freely. … Thus, during charging the lead cathode remain as lead, but lead anode gets converted into lead peroxide, chocolate in colour.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Lead Acid Battery is a rechargeable battery developed in 1859 by Gaston Plante.* The main advantages of Lead battery is it will dissipate very little energy (if energy dissipation is less it can work for long time with high efficiency.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Varahagiri Venkata Giri pronunciation (10 August 1894 – 24 June 1980), or V.V. Giri, was the fourth president of India from 24 August 1969 to 24 August 1974. As president, Giri was the only person to be elected as an independent candidate. Honoured with Bharat Ratna in 1975.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Be All Ears: Eager to hear something and listen attentively.
कुछ सुनने और ध्यान से सुनने की लालसा।
Alien × Native
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Who is Narada Muni
Narada was invested by Brahma with the power of creation’. The religious texts adhere him as one of the ten Manas- Putras ; or the mind-sons or spirits (since he was born out of his mind rather than body) of Brahma. Also, he was an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu.
He is famously known as the first ‘Journalist’ of the Earth and a divine messenger constantly wandering around in all three realms; heaven – Satya to Bhuvar loka, earth – Bhu loka, underworld – Atala to Patala loka, and he gives information to all, the Devas(Gods), the Rakshas(Demons) and the Men (Earthly beings).
His veena ( mahadi) was gifted to him by Lord Shiva.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Use of Eucalyptus/Nilgiri(Safeda) Oil/leaves*
The oil that comes from the eucalyptus tree is used as an antiseptic, a perfume, as an ingredient in cosmetics, as a flavoring, in dental preparations, and in industrial solvents.
Leaves are steam distilled to extract the oil. It may act as an expectorant for loosening phlegm and easing congestion. A number of cough medications include eucalyptus oil, including Vicks VapoRub.
Eucalyptus may help : Potentially due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It clears
A blocked nose. Helps to recover from Wounds and burns.
If we bath with the hot water in which it’s leaves were got boiled. It overcomes ailments like, headache, stress, cold, body pains and other fungal diseases of skin and gives us a freshness.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT