10 Aug (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Sravan 28, (Purnimata)/ Sravana 13(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Purva Ashadha (up to 9:39 am)
Titi: Trayodashi (up to 2:16 pm) Chaturdashi
RahuKaal: 12:32 PM – 02:09 PM
TIPS FOR A HAPPY LIFE : https://youtu.be/2slEN__hykA
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Over 206 crore 88 lakh doses of COVID vaccine administered in country so far
- Over 10,000 police personnel to be deployed in National Capital on Independence Day
- Ministry of Education held a meeting with senior officials and representatives of all Ministries and Departments of Government of India and important bodies including NCERT, Election Commission of India, ICAR, DRDO, etc, to take forward the process of widespread consultation for the development of the new National Curriculum Framework NCF based on the National Education Policy, 2020
- Cooperation Minister Amit Shah e-launched the onboarding of cooperatives on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) portal in New Delhi. Five hundred eighty nine cooperatives have been shortlisted as eligible for onboarding.
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) has placed its first order for storage racks for its new away-from-reactor wet storage facility for the Kudankulam nuclear power plant with Holtec Asia. The facility will serve units 1 and 2 at the plant
- ASSAM & Meghalaya to hold border talks after Aug 15: Meghalaya CM Conrad Sangma on Tuesday said that his government will hold talks with Assam’s government to resolve the remaining six areas of dispute at the inter-state border after August 15.
- BIHAR : Nitish Kumar to form grand alliance Govt in Bihar; Oath taking ceremony to be held today. He said that a list of supporters of 164 legislators of seven parties including the RJD, Congress, Hindustani Awam Morcha, left parties and one independent candidate has been submitted to governor Phagu Chauhan.
- HARYANA : PM Modi to dedicate to nation 2G ethanol plant at Panipat in Haryana today (on August 10)
- MAHARASHTRA , Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari administered the oath of office and secrecy to 18 MLAs as ministers in the state cabinet. CM Eknath Shinde, Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis and Leader of Opposition Ajit Pawar were present for the ceremony.
- State Legislature is scheduled from 17th August. Governor Bhagatsingh Koshyari issued orders.
- PUDUCHERRY CM N. Rangasamy met the PM Modi in New Delhi and requested for an increase in the central assistance given to the Union Territory.
- TAMIL NADU : AIADMK’s first MP K Maya Thevar passed away on Tuesday due to cardiac arrest in Tamil Nadu’s Dindigul at the age of 87. Thevar was handpicked by AIADMK founder MG Ramachandran to contest the party’s maiden by-election in 1973.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Suresh N. Patel was appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner.
- ASSAM : Three suspected militants of the Naga National Council (NNC) have been arrested from Assam’s Cachar district over the last 24 hours,
- WEST BENGAL : Nine people, including eight women, were killed after an autorickshaw collided head-on with a state transport bus on National Highway-60 in West Bengal’s Birbhum district on Tuesday.
- The accident took place at Mallarpur near Rampurhat when the overcrowded autorickshaw rammed into the South Bengal State Transport Corporation (SBSTC) bus
💷 GBP ₹96.09
BSE Sensex 58,853.07 +465.14 (0.80%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,525.10 +127.60 (0.73%) 🔼
- Veteran Marathi actor Pradeep Patwardhan passed away on Tuesday morning at his residence at Girgaon in Mumbai. He breathed his last at the age of 52.
- Doordarshan will telecast the serial ‘Swaraj – Bharat Ke Swatantrata Sangram Ki Samagra Gatha’ from 14th of this month. The 75-episode serial will telecast at 9 PM every sunday
- Defence Ministry has notified fourth positive indigenisation list to boost self-reliance. A comprehensive revamped ‘Make and Innovation’ procedure has been introduced. This is a step to achieve self-reliance in defence manufacturing and minimize imports by the Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs).
- While Chinese built PNS Taimur is on its way to Karachi from Shanghai, the warship has conducted exercises with Cambodian and Malaysian Navies and will expand is diplomatic engagement with Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka has allowed permission to the Chinese built-Pakistani guided missile frigate PNS Taimur to make a port call at Colombo while on its way to join the Pakistan Navy in Karachi
- The BSF thwarted an attempt of a Pakistani drone to enter the Indian Territory in the Ajnala sector of Amritsar along Indo-Pakistan International Border.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
The newly appointed Consul General of the United States of America in Mumbai Mike Hankey today met Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari at Raj Bhavan, Mumbai. The Consul General discussed his plans and priorities to promote bilateral cooperation with India
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- In Pakistan, Four army personnel were killed in a suicide blast at a military convoy in the Mir Ali area of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s North Waziristan district.
- Israeli forces killed three Palestinian militants and injured dozens in a shootout during an arrest raid in the occupied West Bank on Tuesday.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken met South African President Cyril Ramaphosa at an airforce base in Centurion on Tuesday. Blinken, who is on a three-nation tour of Africa, later left for Congo
- The 44th Chess Olympiad inaugurated by ON Modi in Chennai on the 28th of July ended yesterday.
The Uzbekistan team, which was seeded 14th in the tournament, won the gold medal in the men’s section. Armenia clinched the silver medal. India’s men & women team win bronze medal.
It was the first time that the Chess Olympiad was held in India, the place where the game began.
India’s five-time World Champion Vishwanathan Anand was elected as the Vice President of the Federation.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India has announced India’s squad for the upcoming Asia Cup tournament, to be played in the UAE from 27th of this month.
Rohit Sharma will lead the team, while former captain Virat Kohli is back in the 15-member squad after a break.
- The Asia Cup cricket tournament will take place from 27th of August to 11th of September. The 15th edition of the tournament will be played in the UAE between six teams.
ODISHA : Bhubaneswar
Formed: 1 Apr 1936
Districts : 30
Governor : Ganeshi Lal
CM : Naveen Patnaik
🥇Gold ₹51,870 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹57,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹103.18/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹94.76/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,072/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
In 1942 India Rioting Follows Arrest Of Gandhi 10th Aug. 1942 : In India rioting and strikes occurred in Bombay and Delhi over the arrest of Mohandas K. Gandhi who advocated non-violent protests. Japan encouraged Indians to fight for their liberty from Britain and reported that they were standing on the India-Burma border ready to help liberate India.
😀Thought of the day
To survive in peace and harmony, united and strong, we must have one people, one nation, one flag.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu ki ☂chatri me hole tha, kisine pucha, umbrella mein hole kyu?
Pappu: Oye barish ruk jayegi to pata kaise chalega.
Why sugar cane is sweet?*
It allows plants to absorb the sun’s energy more readily. In the same way that animals store fat, the sugarcane plant stores energy that is doesn’t need. This extra energy is sugar and it is stored as sweet juice in the plants’ stalks. When ripe, sugarcane stalks are harvested and converted into raw sugar.
Sugarcane is sweet due to presence of high amount of carbohydrates, which are sweet in nature, It contains carbohydrates namely, sucrose, glucose and fructose. … Thus, high amount of glucose and fructose is responsible for sweet flavour of sugarcane.
अधरम : Lips 👄
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Recharging a battery involves the conversion of electrical energy to chemical energy. During recharging, there is movement of electrons from an external power source to the anode, and on the other side electrons are removed from the cathode.
A battery charger is basically a DC power supply source. Here a transformer is used to step down the AC mains input voltage to the required level as per the rating of the transformer.
Working Principle of Lead Acid Battery
When the sulfuric acid dissolves, its molecules break up into positive hydrogen ions (2H+) and sulphate negative ions (SO4—) and move freely. … Thus, during charging the lead cathode remain as lead, but lead anode gets converted into lead peroxide, chocolate in colour.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Lead Acid Battery is a rechargeable battery developed in 1859 by Gaston Plante.* The main advantages of Lead battery is it will dissipate very little energy (if energy dissipation is less it can work for long time with high efficiency.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Varahagiri Venkata Giri pronunciation (10 August 1894 – 24 June 1980), or V.V. Giri, was the fourth president of India from 24 August 1969 to 24 August 1974. As president, Giri was the only person to be elected as an independent candidate. Honoured with Bharat Ratna in 1975.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Be All Ears: Eager to hear something and listen attentively.
कुछ सुनने और ध्यान से सुनने की लालसा।
Alien × Native
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Who is Narada Muni
Narada was invested by Brahma with the power of creation’. The religious texts adhere him as one of the ten Manas- Putras ; or the mind-sons or spirits (since he was born out of his mind rather than body) of Brahma. Also, he was an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu.
He is famously known as the first ‘Journalist’ of the Earth and a divine messenger constantly wandering around in all three realms; heaven – Satya to Bhuvar loka, earth – Bhu loka, underworld – Atala to Patala loka, and he gives information to all, the Devas(Gods), the Rakshas(Demons) and the Men (Earthly beings).
His veena ( mahadi) was gifted to him by Lord Shiva.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Use of Eucalyptus/Nilgiri(Safeda) Oil/leaves*
The oil that comes from the eucalyptus tree is used as an antiseptic, a perfume, as an ingredient in cosmetics, as a flavoring, in dental preparations, and in industrial solvents.
Leaves are steam distilled to extract the oil. It may act as an expectorant for loosening phlegm and easing congestion. A number of cough medications include eucalyptus oil, including Vicks VapoRub.
Eucalyptus may help : Potentially due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It clears
A blocked nose. Helps to recover from Wounds and burns.
If we bath with the hot water in which it’s leaves were got boiled. It overcomes ailments like, headache, stress, cold, body pains and other fungal diseases of skin and gives us a freshness .
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼