Today’s top news:
- The Supreme Court said persons above 18 years of age are free to choose their religion as it refused to entertain a plea seeking directions to the Centre and states to control black magic and religious conversion.
- The Supreme Court on Friday asked the Centre to deposit in its account the Rs 10 crore compensation given by the Italian government for the kin of the fishermen killed by Italian marines off the coast of Kerala in 2012.
- Three labourers died and two others were seriously injured while dousing a fire that broke out in the Navegaon-Nagzira Tiger Reserve (NNTR) in Gondia district of Maharashtra
- National Conference leader Omar Abdullah has tested positive for the coronavirus . In a tweet, he said he was asymptomatic and was under home isolation. Mr Abdullah’s father Farooq Abdullah had tested positive last month and has been undergoing treatment at a hospital in Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar.
- Himachal Pradesh cabinet meeting: All educational institutions to remain closed till April 21
- Launching a fresh offensive, the Congress demanded answers from PM Modi over charges of a “middleman” in the Rafale fighter jet deal and sought an independent probe into the matter.
- YS Sharmila, sister of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, on Friday said she would float a political party in Telangana .
- U’khand CM takes 51 temples out of Devasthanam board’s control : Reversing his predecessor’s decision, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat on Friday decided to remove the management of 51 temples from the control of the Char Dham Devasthanam Board and reconsider its formation.
- Further strengthening its deployments along the Northern borders, the Indian Army is adding around 10,000 more troops to its only mountain strike corps responsible for looking after offensive operations along the China border.
- People working with electronic and print media will not require e-passes for travelling in the national capital during the night curfew between 10 pm to 5 am.
- Seven terrorists gunned down by security forces in two encounters in J&K’s Shopian, Pulwama Seven militants, including terror outfit Ansar Ghazwatul Hind chief Imtiaz Ahmad Shah, were gunned down by security forces in two encounters in Jammu and Kashmir’s Shopian and Pulwama districts.
- Kangana Ranaut upcoming biopic ‘Thalaivi’, which was scheduled to hit the screens on April 23, 2021, has been postponed amid a surge in the coronavirus cases across the country. The makers of the film have released an official statement.
- This year Ramzan or Ramadan begins on April 13. The Ramadan date however depends on the sighting of the crescent moon locally.
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat has tested coronavirus positive and he has been admitted to a private hospital in Nagpur.
- The International Monetary Fund recently announced that the debt to GDP ratio of India increased from 74% to 90% due to COVID-19 crisis. This is to increase to 99% in 2021
- PM Modi holds virtual summit with his Netherlands counterpart : PM Modi added that establishment of fast track mechanism for investment promotion also gives new momentum to strong economic cooperation between the two countries.
- Bhutan and China have agreed to hold the much-delayed 25th round of bilateral boundary talks, almost five years after the last meeting was held and in the wake of a fresh claim by Beijing in the eastern sector that borders India’s Arunachal Pradesh state.
- Nepal foreign minister Pradeep Gyawali on Friday raised the delay in delivery of a million doses of made-in-India Covid-19 vaccines during a phone conversation with his Indian counterpart S Jaishankar.
- Pakistan Army discusses situation along border with India
The Pakistan Army’s top brass on Thursday discussed the situation along the border with India, including the Line of Control, after an agreement to restore the ceasefire agreement.
- SpiceXpress, the cargo arm of SpiceJet airline, started operating regular freighter flights on Delhi-Bangkok and Mumbai-Bangkok routes from Friday. “The airline has deployed its Boeing 737-80F aircraft on these routes.
- Indian Army chief Gen MM Naravane on Friday paid tribute to Bangladesh’s founding father Sheikh Mujibur Rahman by visiting the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum. Gen Naravane, who is on a five-day official tour, visited the museum along with his wife Veena Naravane.
- Bangladesh will be put under complete lockdown for a week from April 14.
- US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin will travel to Israel, Germany, Britain and the NATO headquarters in Belgium in the coming week for talks with government and military leaders.
- China said on Friday it would take necessary measures to uphold the rights and interests of Chinese companies, after the United States added Chinese supercomputing entities to an economic blacklist .
- Indian Premier League, 2021 Match 1, M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 2 wickets
Mumbai Indian: 159/9
Royal Challengers Bangalore: 160/8
- Virat Kohli survived a major injury scare during the season opener of the 14th edition of the Indian Premier League against Mumbai Indians on Friday. The skipper was hit by the ball on his face during the Mumbai innings, which also left his eyes swollen, but the Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper’s determination remained intact despite the blow.
- Today match
CSK VS DC @ 7.30 pm
$USD 74.73 💷GBP 102.41
In Shimla (HP)
🥇Gold ₹47,935@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹67,523@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 88.45
⛽ Diesel ₹ 80.29
LPG : ₹ 855 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Ajanta & Ellora is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the Aurangabad district of Maharashtra, India. It is one of the largest rock-cut monastery-temple cave complexes in the world, featuring Hindu, Buddhist and Jain monuments, and artwork, dating from the 600–1000 CE period. One should visit it in his life time, only hammers and chasels were used to carve these caves. At least you can view them in Internet……
Joke of the day
दो दोस्त बात कर रहे थे…
यार कल रात घर देर से पहुंचा, बेल बजाई
पर बीवी ने दरवाजा खोला ही नहीं,
पूरी रात सड़क पर गुजारनी पड़ी…
दोस्त – फिर सुबह बीवी की खबर ली कि नहीं…?
दूसरा दोस्त – अरे नहीं यार…
सुबह याद आया कि बीवी तो मायके गई है
और चाबी मेरी जेब में ही थी…!!!
Thought of the day
Nobody hurts you,
except your Own Expectations
Jaundice happens when there’s too much bilirubin, a yellow-orange substance, in your blood. It’s found in your red blood cells. When those cells die, the liver filters it from the bloodstream. But if something’s wrong and your liver can’t keep up, bilirubin builds up and can cause your skin to look yellow.
Bilirubin is an orange-yellow pigment that occurs normally when part of your red blood cells break down.
Bilirubin is a brownish yellow substance found in bile. It is produced when the liver breaks down old red blood cells. Bilirubin is then removed from the body through the stool (feces) and gives stool its normal color. Bilirubin circulates in the bloodstream in two forms: Indirect (or unconjugated) bilirubin.
Pitāmah, Prapitāmah — paternal grandfather, paternal great-grandfather
How it works ⁉
Reverse Osmosis RO filtration system works by forcing water through a special fine membrane to eliminate impurities that may not be visible to the naked eye. These membranes remove impurities based on their size and shape. This means that particles larger than water molecules cannot pass through the filter.
An RO purifier is equipped to filter toxins such as lead, mercury, arsenic, chlorine, and fluoride
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
10 April World Homeopathy Day
On April 10, 1912, the British liner RMS Titanic set sail from Southampton, England.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
In Vedic Astrology, Sun is considered as the significator of Health, eyes, social prestige, father and profession.
What is the science behind this traditional ritual? Science says early morning sunlight is very good for health. Sun Rays are pure white in color and while we offer water to the sun we see the rays through the flowing water. The spectrum of rays passing through water gets refracted and breaks into seven colors. This is good for eyes and increases the vision
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Coconut water is a good source of fiber, vitamin C. It antioxidants that protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼