Today’s top news:
- Bharat Biotech, as part of its precautionary advice, has said people on medicines that affect their immune system should not take its vaccine Covaxin . Close on the heels of some adverse incidents being reported, a detailed fact sheet released by Bharat Biotech says those with bleeding disorders or on blood thinners should avoid taking the shot for now.
- 10th round of talks between farmers-Centre ends, next meet on Jan 22 : The government has offered to suspend the farm laws for a period of 1.5 to 2 years and move an affidavit in the Supreme Court if the farmers agree.
- The farmers leaders, however, have made it clear that they want the laws to be repealed and not a suspension.
- The exodus from TMC continued in West Bengal on Wednesday as Santipur MLA Arindam Bhattacharya joined BJP in the national capital in the presence of senior party leaders.
- BJP to not project CM candidate for WB Assembly election; decision after poll results : election due in April-May this year. This comes even as TMC is seeking re-election under the leadership of WB CM Mamata Banerjee.
- The Congress and the Samajwadi Party (SP) demanded removal of the portrait of Hindu ideologue Veer Savarkar from the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly Gallery that was inaugurated by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday. : Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, commonly known as Swatantryaveer Savarkar or simply Veer Savarkar in Marathi language, was an Indian independence activist and politician who formulated the Hindu nationalist philosophy of Hindutva.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday criticised the takeover of the international airport in Thiruvananthapuram by the Adani group, saying it was not for the development of the facility but to protect the interest of monopolies.
- The Supreme Court has dismissed petitions seeking review of its verdict that upheld the validity of the Aadhaar scheme more than two years ago. but struck down or read down as many as six provisions, including those on linking of bank accounts, mobile phones and school admissions to the unique identification number.
- Delhi Police may allow tractor rally on Jan 26, but under strict supervision: Police to get details of participating farmers, including vehicle number, RC details, names of drivers, and co-passengers.
- Punjab government will reopen its primary schools on January 27, a press release from the government said
- Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut has been summoned by the Juhu police in relation to the defamation case filed by veteran writer Javed Akhtar. She has to appear before the police on Friday (January 22).
- Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Videh Kumar Jaipuriar on Tuesday said he is eagerly waiting for the resumption of overseas scheduled flight operations which have been suspended for over nine months.
- The air forces of India and France kicked off a five-day joint exercise in Rajasthan on Wednesday with a raft of aircraft, including Rafale fighters jets, Mirage 2000s, Sukhoi-30s, mid-air refuellers and airborne warning and control system (AWACS) platforms, the Indian Air Force (IAF) said.
- One More From Odisha In The Top Rank: Lieutenant General Chandi Prasad Mohanty, currently serving as the General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Command, is most likely to be elevated as the new vice chief of Army Staff very soon, which is next in rank to the Chief of Army Staff in the Indian Army.
- Delhi Police has requisitioned the world renowned crack K9 unit of ITBP for deployment to sanitize and secure the area around India Gate and Rajpath. ITBP K9s are some of the highly trained and loyal dogs who will sniff terror with zero error to ensure that the ceremony held under a very high threat perception goes off without a hitch.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- PM Modi congratulates new US President Joe Biden, stresses on furthering bilateral ties
- Vistara starts daily flights to Sharjah from Delhi; Mumbai-Sharjah flights from January 24
Vistara, a joint venture of Tata Group and Singapore Airlines, Wednesday started daily services to and from Sharjah, under the travel bubble agreement between India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- India and France joint Air Exercise Desert Knight-21 a bilateral Air exercise , Ex Desert Knight-21 at Air Force Station Jodhpur from 20 to 24 Jan 21.
- China plans to construct 600 ‘Border Defence Villages’ close to Indian border, security agencies concerned.
- The Global Firepower Index ranks the countries based on their potential military strength. India was ranked fourth in the index . The Global Firepower Index ranked 138 countries.
- The United States topped the index. The US was followed by Russia. China was ranked third. India was ranked fourth. Japan was ranked fifth.
South Korea was ranked sixth .
- Bhutan on Wednesday (January 20, 2021) became the first country to receive “Made in India” COVID-19 vaccines with an Indian Air Force’s AN32 landing in the country with 1,50,000 doses of it.
- Joe Biden takes oath as US President, Kamala Harris sworn in as first woman Vice President
Joe Biden, the 46th President of the United States and Kamala Harris, the first woman vice president have been inaugurated at the US Capitol on January 20.
- Israel has been recently banning the human rights groups in the country that called Israel to be an apartheid state.
- The US president elect Joe Biden is expected to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline project. The keystone pipeline system is an oil pipeline system in the United States and Canada. It was commissioned in 2010.
- What is the issue to cancel it? The major environmental concern raised against the project is that the pipeline spill will threaten Ogallala aquifer. Ogallala aquifer is one of the largest freshwater reserves in the world. It supports more than 2 million people by providing drinking water to them.
- Iran and six other countries have lost their voting rights in the United Nations General Assembly as they had not paid their dues . The other countries that lost their voting rights were Niger, South Sudan, Zimbabwe, Congo Brazzaville, Central African Republic and Libya
- The United States scientists have developed a new rapid COVID-19 test to measure mitochondrial DNA in the blood sample of the COVID-19 patients
- Coronavirus Cases:
- KKFI and Ultimate Kho Kho introduces first-ever scientific training for players; Union Sports Minister Rijiju inaugurates the national camp ; Ultimate Kho Kho (UKK) is all set to uplift the skillset of its players with the introduction of a revolutionary High-Performance Assessment and Scientific Analysis & Evaluation Programme–“Rise in Sports Excellence”—for the very first time.
- Bangladesh win first ODI against West Indies
Bangladesh marked the return to international cricket after 10 months with an easy victory over West Indies at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur, Dhaka on Wednesday.
- BCCI likely to allow 50 percent crowd attendance for England Tests : The first two Tests will be held in Chennai beginning on February 5.
The BCCI is believed to be taking a cue from Cricket Australia which had allowed entry of spectators during the India series that concluded on Tuesday.
$USD 72.94 💷GBP 99.44
🥇Gold ₹48,640@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 81.82
⛽ Diesel ₹ 73.43
Facts about India
Guru Gobind Singh , the founder of the Khalsa Panth, is the 10th Sikh Guru. Guru Gobind Singh finalized and enshrined the Guru Granth Sahib as Sikhism’s primary holy scripture. The Prakash Purab is celebrated has Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti
Thought of the day
You can Judge character of a person, on what he laugh at.
Joke of the day
Pappu roti ka 1 tukda khud kha raha tha aur 1 pass baithi murgi ko khila raha tha…
Frnd : “Ye kya kar raha hai?”
Pappu – “Chicken ke sath roti kha raha hu. Bird flu hai na…. 😆😝🤪😜
Norway is known as the land of Midnight sun.
A headache on the left side could be caused by a migraine
Migraines can be triggered by:
Stress, certain foods, such as alcohol, cheese, or chocolate, sleeping too much or too little
bright lights or lights that flicker, sustained loud noise strong smells, such as perfume. A tension headache may cause pain on the left side and behind the eyes, and may be linked to stress.
Cluster headaches are extremely painful and are characterized by pain on one side of the head. The symptoms include:
Pain behind one eye, one temple, or one side of the forehead.
अग्रीम/ पूर्व्य : Next
How it works ⁉
What is saline solution?
Saline solution is a mixture of salt and water. Normal saline solution contains 0.9 percent sodium chloride (salt), which is similar to the sodium concentration in blood and tears.
Saline has many uses in medicine. It’s used to clean wounds, clear sinuses, and treat dehydration.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
The bow of Arjuna is known as Gandiva . It was given to him by Lord Agni, after Arjun burnt down the Khandav Forest in HIS request.
The bow was created by God Brahma, who held it first for a thousand years, followed by Prajapati whi held it for five hundred and three years, Lord Indra for five hundred and eighty years, and Lord Soma for five hundred years. After that Lord Varuna held it for a hundred years before handing it to Arjuna along with a Kapi bannered chariot.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
The name buttermilk is somewhat misleading, as it doesn’t contain butter. Traditional buttermilk is the liquid leftover after whole milk has been churned into butter.
One serving of buttermilk is a good source of several nutrients, including protein, calcium, and riboflavin.
Buttermilk is a boon for our digestive system. Healthy bacteria and lactic acid in buttermilk help in digestion and improve our metabolism.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼