- People celebrate ‘Holika Dahan’ yesterday. On the first day, a bonfire is created which is also known as Holika Dahan (burning of demon Holika) or Chhoti Holi. On the second day, Rangwali Holi is celebrated. However, in some places, Holi is played for five days- the fifth day is called Ranga Panchami. Holi is celebrated on different dates every year. This year Holi falls is on March 29, 2021 (Monday) with Holika Dahan on March 28, 2021 (Sunday).
- 75th edition of “Mann Ki Baat” monthly radio programme, PM Modi said modernisation and innovation in farming is the need of the present times to boost farmers’ income and make the vocation prosperous. He said by adding bee farming to their inventories, the farmers have started earning handsomely due to income generated from bee-wax too.
- In Maharashtra the COVID-19 task force recommended that to stem the rise in coronavirus cases the state government will have to implement stricter lockdown measures. Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray followed the recommendation by state COVID-19 task force and asked officials to prepare a plan which will not have a major impact on economy. Gathering of five or more persons is banned, the order comes into effect from March 28.
- Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on Sunday said a retired judge of the high court will conduct a probe into the allegations of corruption levelled against him by former Mumbai police chief Param Bir Singh .The truth will come out after a probe into the matter, he told.
- The National Investigation Agency on Sunday took suspended Mumbai Police officer Sachin Waze to the Mithi river in Mumbai and recovered a digital video recorder, CPUs, a laptop and two number plates with the help of divers.
- The NIA is probing the cases of the recovery of an explosives-laden SUV found outside the south Mumbai residence of industrialist Mukesh Ambani last month and subsequent murder of businessman Mansukh Hiran, the purported owner of that vehicle on 05 March.
- A large number of crude Bombs and several country-made firearms were seized in different poll-bound areas in West Bengal’s South 24 Parganas district on Sunday.
- The promises made by the Congress party in its poll manifesto in Puducherry. Free COVID-19 vaccination for all; scrapping of NEET and the new education policy; Rs 1,000 as assistance for homemakers; re-opening of mills; and enhanced pension for martyrs’ kin.
- West Bengal Chief Electoral Officer Aariz Aftab on Sunday said that 84.63 per cent of 73.80 lakh voters in 30 constituencies exercised their franchise during the first phase of polling on March 27 .
- The Telangana state government on Saturday issued orders making the wearing of a mask mandatory in public places and imposing restrictions on public gatherings , congregations, rallies and processions during the upcoming religious events to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Temperature crosses 40º celsius in North Telangana. Ramagundam tops the temperature chart of the Indian Meteorological Department.
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has approved Rs. 465 crores as Performance Incentive fund for seven states under Jal Jeevan Mission . These states are Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh. For performance incentive grant, criteria include physical and financial progress under Jal Jeevan Mission, functionality of piped water supply schemes and capacity to utilize the fund.
- Adani Transmission Ltd. (ATL) has signed definitive agreements with Essel Infraprojects Ltd. (EIL) for acquisition of Warora (Maharashtra)-Kurnool (AP) Transmission Ltd. (WKTL) at an enterprise valuation of ₹3,370 crore. With this deal, cumulative network of ATL will reach 17,200 ckt km.
- The night flight operation from Srinagar International Airport : The aviation regulator of India, Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) yesterday gave approval to the night flight operations at the Srinagar International Airport.
- Actor Vikrant Massey is the latest Bollywood celebrity to have tested positive for Covid-19. The actor confirmed the news on Instagram with a post captioned,”kripaya dhyan de (kindly pay attention).”
- The Indian Army on Sunday (March 28) gifted one lakh doses of made in India anti-COVID-19 vaccines to the Nepal Army.
- Earlier India, which has provided made in India vaccines to several countries, has provided 1 million doses to Nepal in January. Previously, India has also provided medicines and testing kits to Nepal.
- India and the US on Sunday kicked off a two-day naval exercise in the eastern Indian Ocean Region, reflecting the growing congruence in their defence and military partnership.
- The Indian Navy deployed its warship Shivalik and long-range maritime patrol aircraft P8I in the ‘PASSEX’ exercise while the US Navy was represented by the USS Theodore Rosevelt carrier strike group.
- India and Bangladesh signed 5 MoUs in the fields of trade, IT and setting up of sports facilities on the concluding day of the 2-day long official visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 27, 2021
- Made in India Covid-19 vaccines landed in Denmark for UN Peacekeeping personnel. A gift of 2 lakh COVID19 vaccine doses from India was shipped to Denmark.
- Two suspected suicide bombers attacked a Catholic church in the Indonesian city of Makassar on Sunday, wounding fourteen people on the first day of the Easter Holy Week.
- The killing of more than 90 anti-coup protesters in Myanmar has drawn global outrage, with Defence Ministers of 12 nations condemning the military. The US accused the security forces of a ‘reign of terror’, the deadliest day since last month’s coup.
- Amid a fresh surge in Corona cases in the country, the Bangladesh government extended the closure of Primary schools and kindergartens till May 22 to protect students from the infection.
- INDIA VS ENGLAND
3rd ODI, England in India, 3 ODI Series, 2021, March 28, 2021
ENG 322/9 (50)
India beat England by 7 runs
IND 329/10 (48.2)
- India’s Vijayveer Sidhu and Tejaswani won the gold medal in the 25m rapid fire pistol mixed team event of the ISSF World Cup at Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range in New Delhi on March 27, 2021. Silver was also won by Indian team of Gurpreet Singh and Ashok Abhidnya Patil. Leaders India continued its dominant show in tournament, extending their medals tally to 13 gold, eight silver and six bronze for a total of 27 podium finishes.
$USD 72.45 💷GBP 99.91
In Chennai (TN)
🥇Gold ₹46,390@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,300@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 92.77
⛽ Diesel ₹ 86.10
LPG : ₹ 835 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Apart from India Holi is celebrated in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mauritius, USA, UK, South Africa, Guyana, Surinam
Thought of the day
Lal “RANG” suraj se,
nila “RANG” asma se,
hara “RANG” hariyali se,
gulabi “RANG” gulab se,
tamam khushiya mile apko,
ye dua karte hai hum dil se.
Joke of the day
Daru ki khushbu, Gutke ki mithas, Ganje ki roti or charas ka saag, bhaang k pakode or wills ka payar, mubarak ho aapko nashediyo ka tyohar HAPPY HOLI
The word ‘Holi’ derives from the word ‘hola’, which is a thank you to the Almighty for the harvest. This is why Holi is celebrated as winter ends and the Spring Harvest begins.
why ostrich cannot fly
Ostriches, emus, cassowaries, rheas, and kiwis can’t fly. Unlike most birds, their flat breastbones lack the keel that anchors the strong pectoral muscles required for flight. Their puny wings can’t possibly lift their heavy bodies off the ground
शुल्क : Fee
How it works ⁉
How to remove Holi colours from face
Apply coconut oil on the face before using a face wash. The oil melts the colour from the face and helps the soap to wash away all the excess dirt and grime.
White vinegar : Add half a cup of white vinegar and 1 teaspoon of Ariel to 2-3 litres of cold water. The acid does the trick here and pulls the colour from your clothes.
Lemon juice: The acidic nature of lemon helps remove the stain. Soak the stain in lemon juice for 15 minutes and scrub lightly with your hands. Wash as usual, but separately.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Why Holi z Celebrated
According to Bhagwat Purana the word “Holi” originates from “Holika”, the evil sister of the demon king Hiranyakashipu. King of Multan and had a boon of indestructible. He demanded that everyone worship him.
His own son, Prahlada disagreed. Devoted to Lord Vishnu. He subjected punishments to his son. none of which affected the boy. Finally, Holika – Prahlada’s evil aunt – tricked him into sitting on a pyre. Holika was wearing a cloak that made her immune to injury from fire, while Prahlada was not. As the fire roared, Holika burned, Prahlada survived. Seeing this, Hiranyakashipu, unable to control his anger, smashed a pillar with his mace. Lord Vishnu appeared as Lord Narasimha and killed Hiranyakashipu. The bonfire is a reminder of the symbolic victory of good over evil. The next day when the fire cooled down, people applied ash to their foreheads, a practice still observed by some people. Eventually, coloured powder came to be used to celebrate Holi.
Another myth behind commemorating Krishna as well. As a baby, Krishna developed his characteristic dark blue skin colour because the she-demon Putana poisond him with her breast milk, Krishna despaired whether the fair-skinned Radha and other girls would like him because of his skin colour. His mother, tired of the desperation, asks him to approach Radha and colour her face in any colour he wanted. This he does, and Radha and Krishna became a couple. Ever since, the playful colouring of Radha’s face has been commemorated as Holi.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Natural Treatment Tips for Colds and Flu
Steamy showers moisturize your nasal passages and may help you relax.
Steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) can be practiced once in a day. Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar / honey can be taken 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation. These measures generally treat normal dry cough and sore throat.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼