16 Aug (Tuesday)
Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Bhadrapada 4 (Purnimata)/ Sravana 19(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Revati (up to 9:06 pm) Ashwini
Tithi : Panchami (up to 8:17 pm) Shashthi
RahuKaal: 03:43 PM – 05:19 PM
HEALTH TIPS : https://youtu.be/AQw7mEV7ZN0
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India celebrates 76th Independence Day; PM Modi hoists National Flag and addresses nation from ramparts of Red Fort.
- PM Modi said that the time has come to cleanse the country of corruption and nepotism and asked people to have ‘nafrat’ (hatred) for these twin evils that go beyond politics, as he set a ‘Panch Pran’ (five resolves) target to make India a developed nation in 25 years.
- PM Modi says Jai Anusandhan is to be read with slogan Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan and Jai Vigyan
- Indian Railways flies Tricolour atop the world’s tallest railway pier bridge. Indian Railways is constructing a bridge near Noney which will become the tallest girder rail bridge in the world @ 141 metres.
- More than five crore Tiranga selfies have been uploaded on the Har Ghar Tiranga website.
- Anganwadi workers, street vendors, mortuary workers and mudra scheme borrowers were among the special guests for the 76th Independence Day celebrations at the Red Fort.
- Unique Identification Authority of India has enrolled more than 79 lakh children under Bal Aadhaar initiative in the last four months. Children in the age group of 0 to 5 years are issued Bal Aadhaar.
- Union MoS for Panchayati Raj Kapil Moreshwar Patil to inaugurate National Workshop on Preparedness of Roadmap for Revamped National Panchayat Awards in New Delhi
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands : Lt. Governor Admiral D K Joshi hoisted the National Flag at Netaji Stadium in Port Blair on the occasion of 76th Independence Day.
- BIHAR : Nitish Kumar led grand alliance govt will be expanded today. Governor Phagu Chauhan will administer oath of new ministers at Rajbhawan in Patna.
- KARNATAKA : For the first time, the Indian flag was hoisted at the controversial Idgah Maidan at Chamarajpet in Bengaluru by revenue department officials Monday morning amid tight security as part of the celebration of 75 years of Independence.
- ODISHA: Residents of the tribal-dominated Swabhiman Anchal in Odisha’s Malkangiri celebrated Independence Day by hoisting the tricolour at the memorials of Maoist leaders for the first time ever. Earlier, Maoists would hoist black flags in the area as security personnel could not venture into the region. On Monday, security forces also took out a bike rally to celebrate the day.
- WEST BENGAL CM Mamata Banerjee at a rally on Sunday asked TMC supporters if they would hit the streets if the CBI reaches her doorstep. “What will you do if they reach my house tomorrow? Will you not hit the streets?” asked Mamata to the crowd. Bengal BJP asked if her statement was an “admission of involvement in corruption”.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : The government has appointed 37 new High Court Judges. This is in continuation of the appointment of 26 High Court Judges in various High Courts on last Friday. With the notification of the appointments of another 11 High Court Judges in the Punjab & Haryana High Court by the government this year so far 138 appointments in various High Courts of the country has been made.
- RAJASTHAN: Five pilgrims killed and four injured in as a truck ran over them during their “Ramdev padayatra’ in Pali district.
- MADHYA PRADESH : 12-year-old boy died while 15 people were injured after a man threw a bomb at a rival group during a clash between two families in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore district, police said on Monday. Police later raided several houses in the area to find out if there were more bombs. Of the injured persons, the condition of four is critical.
- Mumbai police on Monday arrested a man for allegedly making threat calls to chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries Ltd Mukesh Ambani and his family.
💷 GBP ₹96.01
BSE Sensex 59,462.78 +130.18 (0.22%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,698.15 +39.15 (0.22%) 🔼
- 76th Independence Day: SBI launches Utsav fixed deposit scheme. SBI is offering an interest rate of 6.10% per annum on fixed deposits with a tenure of 1000 days.
- Commerce and Industry Ministry has made an outreach strategy for the promotion of agro export to accomplish the export target of over twenty three billion US dollar for the current financial year.
- Mahindra & Mahindra has signed a term sheet with Volkswagen Group under which it will receive components for its electric vehicles. The cooperation aims at parts for over 1 million vehicles till 2030 and includes equipment of 5 electric SUVs.
- 1300 shows of Aamir Khan’s ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ and 1000 shows of Akshay Kumar’s ‘Raksha Bandhan’ reduced after low footfall.
- Karthikeya 2 performed well on its first 3 days at the box office and earned ₹ 16.90 Cr India net on its third day for all languages.
- Nikhil Siddharth starrer Karthikeya 2 which is now stealing the complete limelight by putting on a surprising performance.
- Actor Sonu Sood said that Independence Day reminds people of their duties as Indians. He added that a true Indian is someone who helps others
- Tamil actor and stunt choreographer Kanal Kannan was arrested on Monday for making provocative remarks about Dravidian ideologue EVR Periyar at a gathering in Chennai.
- President Droupadi Murmu has approved 107 Gallantry awards to Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces personnel on the occasion of Independence Day 2022.
- A total of one thousand 82 Police personnel have been awarded Police Medals on the occasion of Independence Day, 2022.
- President Droupadi Murmu pays tributes to Martyrs at National War Memorial on the occasion of 76th Independence Day.
- The Made-in-India howitzer ATAGS was used in the customary 21-gun salute during the Independence Day ceremony for the first time ever at the Red Fort on 15 Aug 2022.
- The long-range artillery gun with a 48-km maximum range was developed by DRDO. It has advanced features ensuring quick deployability, high mobility, an automatic command and control system and an advanced communication system.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India on Monday gifted a Dornier reconnaissance aircraft to Sri Lanka to bolster the island nation’s capability to tackle drug trafficking and maritime security challenges
- World leaders have wished India on the occasion of 76th Independence Day. Russian President Vladimir Putin congratulated President Draupadi Murmu and PM Modi.
- State Minister of ports, shipping & waterways Shantanu inaugurated the fully air-conditioned 250 capacity, passenger waiting hall near PTB-1 at the ICP Petrapole on India-Bangladesh border.
- High Commission of India in Bangladesh celebrated Independence Day in Dhaka with large participation of Indian community. HC Vikram Doraiswami unfurled the flag. He expressed happiness at the participation of Indians in the ceremony.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Monday extended condolences to the families of the victims of the fire tragedy that claimed the lives of 41 people in a church in Egypt on Sunday.
- On the occasion of India’s 76th Independence Day, India has donated 15,000 cycles to Madagascar “as a symbol of growing cooperation” between the countries, Indian Embassy in Madagascar said. India announced the donation on June 3, which is World Bicycle Day.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Taliban mark one year in power: On August 15, 2021, the Taliban seized the Afghan capital of Kabul in a rapid takeover that took the world by surprise.
- A court in Myanmar has found the former State Counsellor and deposed head of the civilian government Aung San Suu Kyi guilty of corruption. The court sentenced Aung San Suu Kyi for 6 years in jail.
- China announced more military drills around Taiwan as self-governing island’s president met with members of new US congressional delegation. China is threatening to renew tensions between Beijing and Washington after similar recent visit by US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- Russia and North Korea to expand their comprehensive and constructive bilateral relations. In a letter sent to his counterpart Kim Jong-un on Pyongyang’s liberation day.
- Iran categorically denies any link with Salman Rushdie’s attacker. Rushdie, 75, was left severely injured after being stabbed on stage at an event in New York state.
- Bangladesh observes ‘National Mourning Day’ to mark assassination of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Bangladesh is observing the National Mourning Day marking the 45th anniversary of the brutal assasination of its founder President Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on 15th August 1975.
- Bangladesh: A massive fire in a plastic factory in the old Dhaka area of Chawkbazar killed 6 people.
- Former India captain Kapil Dev urged the ICC to put more time into ensuring survival of ODI and Test cricket.
- The Commonwealth Games 2022 medal winners from Haryana will be honoured by the state government in Gurugram on Tuesday. The gold, silver and bronze medallists will be awarded ₹1.5 crore, ₹75 lakh and ₹50 lakh respectively. However, all participating athletes from Haryana will get ₹7.5 lakh. Notably, Haryana’s sportspersons won 20 medals, including nine gold medals, in CWG 2022.
- Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament is scheduled to return after a two-year gap due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be held in Malaysia from November 16 to 25. World number one Australia, Germany, India, New Zealand and Canada have been invited to the tournament. India have won Sultan Azlan Shah Cup five times.
RAJASTHAN : Jaipur
Formed : 30 Mar 1949
Districts : 33
Governor: Kalraj Mishra
CM : Ashok Gehlot (INC)
🥇Gold ₹54,205 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹59,300@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 108.67/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 93.89/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,057.00 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
“Vande Mataram”, originally pronounced as ‘Bande Mataram’ is a poem written in 1875 by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee that found a place in his novel “Anandamath” in 1882 with additional stanzas, means “I praise thee, Mother” or “I praise to thee, Mother”.
😀Thought of the day
Every successful person shows a great deal of patience. It is this quality that controls a person’s reaction to every situation; be it positive or negative.
*JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher* – Agar sachche dil se prarthnaa kee jaae to vo jaroor safal hote hai.
Pappu rahane do Sir, agar aisaa hota to aap mere Sir naheen Sasur hote.
What was the real reason behind Jinnah’s demand for Pakistan?*
He never fought the British. In 1937, Jinnah fought elections as the president of Muslim League on the plank of “Muslims in Danger”. He lost badly. Muslims across the Indian rejected Muslim League. Congress won he changed his narrative from “Muslims in Danger” to “Islam in Danger” and aroused rabid religious passions, he warned that “India will either be divided or destroyed.”
Earlier he was in favour of Hindu-Muslim unity but when Gandhi entered politics, and he came to know that he would not get the top position in an Indian government as there were much better leaders like Nehru and Gandhi, he gave the call for a separate nation.
🦮Dog ; श्वन् (śvan), शुनक (śunaka)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
👃🏻 HOW OUR NOSE WORKS
Humans detect smells by inhaling air that contains odor molecules, which then bind to receptors inside the nose, relaying messages to the brain. Most scents are composed of many odorants;
The external part of the nasal structure protrudes out through a hole between the cheek bones and consists of two nostrils divided by a barrier called the septum. Behind the exterior part of the nose is a nasal cavity that is lined with mucous membranes and has the olfactory hairs responsible for the sense of smell at the top.
Helps protect the respiratory system and can deliver important sensory signals. These can be warnings about dangerous or unpleasant situations, or they can be positive experiences accompanied by pleasant odors. When the nose is not working the way it should, such as during a cold, the loss of the sense of smell and the reduction of the air filtering and moistening functions serve to emphasize their importance.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Biggest state(Area) = RAJASTHAN
GOA is the smallest state of India with 3,702 km2.
UTTAR PRADESH is the largest state in India by population wise. The total population of Uttar Pradesh id 199,812,341.
SIKKIM is the least populus state of India. The total population of Sikkim is 610,577
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Subhadra Kumari Chauhan (16 Aug 1904– 15 Feb1948) was an Indian poet. One of her most popular poems is “Jhansi ki Rani” (about the courageous Queen of Jhansi. She was from Allahabad, United Provinces of Agra and Oudh, British India
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Work hard – कठिन परिश्रम करना
Barrier × Link
Barrier : Barricade
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
STORY OF KALPAVRIKSHA 🌳🌳
As per puranas, when the milky ocean was churned, many things came out including Kama Dhenu and Kalpa Vriksha… The Kalpavriksha originated during the Samudra manthan The king of the gods, Indra, returned with this tree to his paradise.
Kalpvriksha as the name indicates( kalpa — imaginary ;vriksha —- tree ) it exists in imagination only. It can be hard work , because you get every thing through hard work only.
Kalpavriksha, the “wish-fulfilling tree” is just your ideas! Yours, and that of all humans, put together.
In Indra’s “Devaloka” it is said that there are five Kalpavrikshas, which are called Mandana, Parijata, Santana, Kalpavriksha and Harichandana, all of which fulfill various wishes. Kalpavriksha, in particular, is said to be planted at Mt. Meru peak in the middle of Indra’s five paradise gardens. It is on account of these wish-granting trees that the asuras waged a perpetual war with the devas as the heavenly gods who exclusively benefited freely from the “divine flowers and fruits
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
🍋🍋 Lemons are high in vitamin C , fiber, and various beneficial plant compounds.
Lemons are often promoted as a weight loss food, and there are a few theories as to why this is. One common theory is that the soluble pectin fiber in them expands in your stomach, helping you feel full for longer.
Another theory suggests that drinking hot water with lemon will help you lose weight.
Prevent Kidney Stones
Citric acid contains in Lemon may help prevent kidney stones by increasing urine volume and increasing urine pH, creating a less favorable environment for kidney stone formation.
Lemons are made up of about 10% carbs, mostly in the form of soluble fiber and simple sugars. Soluble fiber can improve gut health and slow the digestion of sugars and starches. These effects may result in reduced blood sugar levels.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼