02 Jun (Friday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Jyeshta 28, (Purnimanta) Jyeshta 14, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Swati (up to 6:53 am) Vishaka
Tithi: Trayodashi (up to 12:48 pm)Chaturdashi
Rahu: 10:44 AM – 12:24 PM
Yamaganda: 03:45 PM – 05:25 PM
YOGA Tips to Reduce Belly Fat : https://youtu.be/SggkPS3uxJE
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu will visit Suriname and Serbia from June 4 to 9.
- Union government approved the second phase of the City Investments to Innovate, Integrate and Sustain (CITIIS) project.
- Union Cabinet approved constitution of an Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) for world’s largest grain storage plan in cooperative sector.
- Union Home Minister said that the priority of the Government at present is to restore normalcy and communal harmony in the State.
- Delhi Cabinet Minister Atishi has been allocated the Public Relations Department in addition to the portfolios she is presently holding. The department was earlier headed by Minister Kailash Gahlot. Atishi is handling Education, Women and Child Development, Public Works Department, Power and Tourism among other portfolios
- Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati criticised the Congress government in Rajasthan over announcement of 100 units free electricity and cooking gas at rate of ₹500 by CM Ashok Gehlot.
- Maharashtra farmers to get Rs 12,000 annually under ‘Kisan Samman Nidhi’.
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee on Thursday participated in a candlelight march to Kolkata’s Gandhi statue in support of wrestlers protesting in Delhi against the alleged sexual harassment by WFI chief Brij Bhushan Singh. She was also seen riding pillion on a bike, a video of which surfaced online.
- Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann has refused to accept the Z-plus security given to him by the Centre while he is in Punjab and Delhi. An official said he has confidence in the Punjab Police and will need Z-plus security in other states.
- Congress on Thursday released a book related to the 100 questions the party has asked PM Narendra Modi since February over his alleged involvement with businessman Gautam Adani. Congress’ Jairam Ramesh said that the party will ask for a JPC probe into the issue when the Monsoon Session will be conducted in the new Parliament.
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Thursday issued a heatwave warning for parts of West Bengal till June 7.
- The world’s first 3D-printed Hindu temple is being built in Telangana and will be built in an area of 3,800 square feet by Hyderabad-based construction company Apsuja Infratech and Simpliforge Creations.
- Government drops plans to host SCO summit in Delhi; Summit will now be in virtual format.
- Ajay Yadav has assumed charge of Managing Director of Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI). SECI is a nodal agency of the central government for auctioning renewable energy projects.
- UPSC has offered alternative centres to the candidates of the Imphal Centre of the Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer and Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner Examination, 2023, which is to be held from the 2nd of July.
- The alternative centres are Aizawl in Mizoram, Kohima in Nagaland, Shillong in Meghalaya, Dispur in Assam, Jorhat in Assam, Kolkata in West Bengal and Delhi.
- WFI chief Brij Bhushan Singh, who has been accused of sexually harassing wrestlers, on Thursday said that the wrestlers are constantly changing their demands and their language. He added if any case against him is proven, he will hang himself.
- Sports Minister Anurag Thakur, while commenting on wrestlers’ allegations against WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, said, “We’re handling this issue very sensitively.” “Whatever the players demanded, we’re doing all those things. Necessary action will be also taken once Delhi police file the chargesheet,” he added. Thakur said the law is equal for everyone and all the players are important.
- A mid the protest by wrestlers demanding the arrest of BJP MP Brij Bhushan Singh over sexual harassment allegations, BJP MP Pritam Munde said cognisance should be taken of a complaint made by any woman. “If cognisance isn’t taken, then it isn’t welcomed in democracy,” she said. “I, not as…member of Parliament, but as a woman say this,” she added.
- The Delhi High Court has directed SpiceJet to pay ₹380 crore to the Founder of Sun Group Kalanithi Maran, a former promoter of the airline, Moneycontrol reported citing the order. SpiceJet is yet to pay ₹75 crore to Maran as per Supreme Court’s directions dated February 13, 2023. The SC had directed SpiceJet to make the payment within three months.
- Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) spokesperson Rakesh Tikait has said that Delhi borders will be blocked on June 5 if the government does not meet protesting wrestlers’ demands. He added that khap panchayats of Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan will take a decisive call on the matter, including cutting off milk and vegetable supplies to Delhi and NCR.
$ USD ₹.82.28
💷 GBP ₹.103.06
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 62,428.54 −193.70 (0.31%)🔻
NIFTY: 18,534.40 −99.45 (0.53%)🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,600/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 73,000/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched a PM SVANidhi mobile app for street vendors, to ease the loan application process and provide various information to them regarding the scheme.
- The price of 19 kilogram commercial LPG gas cylinder has been reduced by 83 rupees 50 paise per cylinder.
- India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is pegged to grow at 7.2% during the fiscal year 2022-23 as per the Statistics Ministry’s provisional estimate. The data is 20 basis points higher than the government’s second advance estimate of 7%.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Thursday launched ‘100 Days 100 Pays’ campaign to trace and settle the top 100 unclaimed deposits of every bank in every district within 100 days. This move comes amid the RBI’s ongoing efforts to reduce the quantum of unclaimed deposits in the banking system and return such deposits to their rightful owners/claimants
- The government has appointed Ashwani Kumar as managing director of UCO Bank.
- Ola Co-founder and CEO Bhavish Aggarwal registered a new company named Krutrim SI Designs along with Krishnamurthy Venugopala Tenneti, who is one of the board members of ANI Technologies—which owns Ola Cabs and Ola Electric, data sourced from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs showed. The new company will focus on the Computer Programming and Artificial Intelligence space.
- French rail company, Alstom will manufacture 100 aluminium bodied Vande Bharat trains.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has recently introduced 31 Indian standards related to Ayush, encompassing 30 herbs and one product, the stainless steel neti pot.
- OTT platforms mandated to show anti-tobacco warnings, Union Health Ministry notifies under the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA), 2004.
- Bhojpuri singer Nisha Upadhyay suffered a bullet injury at a live cultural programme in Patna. Nisha sustained injury on her left thigh, as per reports. The singer was immediately rushed to hospital, and her condition is stable now. Police is investigating how the gunshots were fired and who was involved in the firing.
- Defence Ministry has approved a proposal of Ladakh Administration seeking resumption of air travel facilities for civilians of the union territory in the Indian Air Force aircrafts.
- Four IAF Rafale fighter jets of carried out drill in Indian Ocean Region: The Rafale is a 4.5-generation aircraft and has helped India regain its supremacy over Indian sub-constituent skies with long-range air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles along with advanced radar and electronic warfare capabilities.
- A successful training launch of a Medium-Range Ballistic Missile, Agni1 was carried out by the Strategic Forces Command from APJ Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha.
- Two IAF pilots on a routine training sortie in a Kiran Jet Trainer aircraft (HAL HJT-16 Kiran) had a narrow escape when it crashed near Sappayyanapalya village, located 9km from Chamarajanagar town in Karnataka, on Thursday. The crash site was vacant revenue land.
Both the pilots (one male and another female) managed to eject and landed with the help of two parachutes.
- Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari called for the development of a smaller version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile for smaller fighter jets.
- INDIA APPROVES FUTURE TANK PROJECT TO REPLACE AGING RUSSIAN T-72S
: Ministry of Defence (MoD) has approved the development and production of over 500 indigenously-built future combat vehicles. A total of 590 Future Ready Combat Vehicles (FRCV) will be built under the project’s Make-I category, which provides for up to 70 percent of government funding for prototype development.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India and Nepal signed seven agreements in various fields including trade and commerce, cross – border petroleum pipeline, development of Integrated Check Posts and hydroelectric project. Nepal PM arrived in New Delhi on a four-day official visit to India.
- Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda lauded India’s economic and developmental transformation under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Both Prime Ministers jointly flagged off the Indian Railway cargo train from Bathnaha to Nepal Customs yard. They also inaugurated an integrated Check Post between Rupaidiha- Nepalgunj and Sunauli-Bhairahawa
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar will embark on a two-nation tour of South Africa and Namibia. During the first leg of his visit, Dr Jaishankar will participate in the BRICS Foreign Ministers meeting in South Africa’s Capetown.
- The 27th Meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs (WMCC) was held in New Delhi. Joint Secretary (East Asia) from Ministry of External Affairs led the Indian Delegation.
- The 3rd India-Vietnam Maritime Security Dialogue was held in New Delhi on 31 May.
- Dr. Mrutyunjay Mohapatra has won the election for the position of Third Vice-President of the World Meteorological Organisation.
- Recently Tamil Nadu and Japanese firms sign six MoUs worth ₹818 crores, in the presence of Chief Minister M.K. Stalin.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- President of Nepal, Ramchandra Paudel has given his assent to the bill designed to amend the Nepal Citizenship Act.
- Sri Lanka cuts policy rates to reduce inflation and boost economic recovery.
- Dubai Successfully Trials Medication Delivery via Drones with collision avoidance technology and real-time monitoring.
- A new Jupiter-size exoplanet with the highest density known and mass 13 times than that of Jupiter, has been discovered.
- North Korea’s launch of 1st spy satellite fails; the rocket carrying the satellite crashed into waters off the Korean Peninsula’s western coast.
- New anti-LGBTQ law in Uganda imposes capital punishment; including the death penalty for “aggravated homosexuality”.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $350 million special policy-based loan to provide budget support to Sri Lanka for the stabilisation of its crisis-hit economy.
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party President and former Prime Minister Imran Khan’s close aide Chaudhry Parvez Elahi was arrested outside his residence in Lahore on Thursday.
- China asks US to stop its trade deal with Taiwan.
- Bangladesh has banned first-class travel for all government employees until further notice, reports stated. The move follows a ban on foreign travel for public employees imposed last November as part of the government’s efforts to rationalise expenses.
- India defeated Pakistan 2-1 in final to win Men’s Hockey Junior Asia Cup 2023 title.
- India broke the record for winning most number of Men’s Hockey Junior Asia Cup titles. India clinched the title for the fourth time, overtaking Pakistan, who’ve won it three times. Araijeet Singh Hundal and Angad Bir Singh scored for India in the final.
- National record-holder Jyothi Yarraji won the women’s 100m hurdles gold in 13.08s in the T-Meeting at Tilburg in the Netherlands
- FRENCH OPEN: Novak Djokovic, Carlos Alcaraz and Aryna Sabalenka advance to third round.
- (b) Indian pair of Saketh Myneni and Yuki Bhambri powers into second round of Men’s Double.
- Indian badminton player Kiran George, who’s ranked 59th in world rankings, entered the quarterfinals at BWF World Tour Super 500 event for first time following a triumph against China’s Weng Yang, who’s ranked 26th, in Thailand Open.
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CM; Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
Bird: Northern goshawk
Mammal: Blackbuck, Indus river dolphin
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The state of Telangana was officially formed on 2 June 2014 and 29th youngest state of India. Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao was elected as the first chief minister of Telangana.
On November 1, 1956, Telangana merged with the State of Andhra, carved out of erstwhile Madras, to form Andhra Pradesh, a united state for the Telugu-speaking populace. … But the push intensified in 2001, when K. Chandrasekara Rao floated the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) to revive Telangana movement
😀Thought of the day
Have faith in yourself – all power is in you. Even the poison of a snake is powerless, if you can firmly deny it.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
Master : मैन तुजे कुत्ते पे🦮 essay लिख ने को कहा था
क्यो नही लिख था ?
Pappu : क्या करूँ master जी , मैं कभी बी कुत्ते 🦮 पे Pen🖋️ रखता वो भगजता—– 🙈🤪🤣
Why school buses are yellow in colour 🚌
Even when you are looking straight ahead, you can see a yellow object that is not in front of you “in the corners of your eyes” much sooner than any other color even red. Scientists describe this as follows: “Lateral peripheral vision for detecting yellows is 1.24 times greater than for red. Yellow is more visible to the human eye under dimmer conditions also.
That’s why the school bus is painted with yellow so that the possibility of accidents on the highway will be less and children can reach their home safely. 🚍🚌
अहं कार्यालयं गच्छामि । = I am going to my office
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How do we measure the distances to things in space?
Astronomers estimate the distance of nearby objects in space by using a method called stellar parallax, or trigonometric parallax. Simply put, they measure a star’s apparent movement against the background of more distant stars as Earth revolves around the sun.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
A day on the Moon is 27.32 Earth days or 655.72 hours long
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Duggirala Gopalakrishnayya (2 June 1889 – 10 June 1928) was an Indian freedom fighter and member of the Indian National Congress from the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
Known by his title of Andhra Ratna,
Gopalakrishnayya was the first Andhra leader to become secretary of the All India Congress Committee.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Birds of a feather flock together
People who are alike are often friends (usually used negatively)
Borrow x Lend Forfeit
Create – generate, make, produce
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Lord shiva have moon on his head bcoz:
According to Shiva Purana: MOON God marries 27 daughters of Daksha, in which he moon spends most of his time with Rohini
Daksha becomes angry on his Son-in-law for neglecting his other daughters, so cursed the Moon, that his body would perish. Fearing he would cease to exist, Chandra rushed to Lord Shiva for help to protect him from Daksha’s curse. To save Chandra from perishing, Lord Shiva asked him to take refuge in his locks .
Hence Shiva is also known as Chandrashekhar. The Lord is also known as Somnath (or protector of Som). The moon wanes and waxes time and again owing to Daksha’s curse and Shiva’s blessings.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Amla contains a high amount of vitamin C which can help boost immunity. It is also good for your skin and hair. This fruit can help control blood sugar levels, boost eye health, improve digestion and aid in weight loss. It can also be used as a remedy for heartburn.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ SHARE IT