Today’s top News
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of cyclone affected areas in Odisha and West Bengal
- Union Government has accorded approval for substantial hike in salary of employees who are working under National Health Mission (NHM) in Jammu and Kashmir .
- 20.57 crore COVID vaccine doses administered in country so far . Bihar, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh have administered more than 10 lakh beneficiaries of the age group 18-44 years for their first dose of COVID vaccine.
- BJP President J P Nadda says, WB CM Mamata Bannerjee’s absence from PM’s meeting is murder of constitutional ethos and culture of cooperative federalism. He said that PM stands strong with the citizens of West Bengal in wake of cyclone Yaas, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee should also set aside her ego for the welfare of people.
- The centre has issued an order to recall West Bengal’s top bureaucrat from the state on a day a row broke out over a meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. Bengal Chief Secretary Alapan Bandyopadhyay’s tenure was extended for three months only four days ago.
- Donations For Construction Of Ayodhya Mosque Made Tax Free
The government has granted tax exemption to those contributing for the construction of the mosque in Ayodhya, for which the Supreme Court had allotted five acres in the Babri Masjid-Ramjanmabhoomi land dispute case.
- The Election Commission has decided not to hold bye-election to the one seat of Rajya Sabha from Kerala due to outbreak of 2nd wave of COVID-19. The Rajya Sabha seat from Kerala fell vacant due to the resignation of KC(M) leader Jose K Mani from the Upper House.
- The Centre on Friday invited non-Muslims like Hindus, Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists belonging to Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan and residing in 13 districts of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Haryana and Punjab to apply for Indian citizenship
- Centre announces financial assistance of Rs 500 crore for Odisha for post cyclone relief and rehabilitation measures.
- Nagaland govt extends statewide total lockdown with existing guidelines till 11th June
- Delhi unlock process to begin from May 31; factories, construction activities allowed for 1 week
- The lockdown-like-restrictions in Maharashtra on account of the coronavirus pandemic have been extended by 15 days but a fresh set of guidelines will be issued on June 1
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Friday set up a three-member committee to resolve differences among its leaders in Punjab amid an open war of words between Chief Minister Amarinder Singh and his former cabinet colleague Navjot Singh Sidhu.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday arrested Mumbai-based builder and film financier Yusuf M Lakdawala in a money laundering case linked to an alleged forging of document for the purchase of a prime land in Maharashtra’s Khandala.
- Domestic air travel set to become costlier by 15% from June 1. The move is aimed at helping the airlines amid a devastating second wave of COVID-19 which has reduced air travel significantly.
- The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has arrested Siddhartha Pithani, a flatmate of Sushant Singh Rajput, in a drug case linked to the Bollywood actor’s death last year,
- The J&K police arrested a newly recruited militant in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Friday. The security forces said the militant was identified as Shakir Ahmad from Ardkhera Imamsahib Shopian. He was arrested from Frisal Yaripora in Kulgam
- Indian Navy working on war footing for rescue and relief operations in after cyclone Yaas wreaked havoc in Odisha . The (Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief) HADR Naval team have set up community kitchen at the Multipurpose Cyclone Shelter. Team is clearing trees that fell by strong winds
- The 140th course of the National Defence Academy (NDA) passing out parade for spring term 2021 will be conducted on 29th May 2021. Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh will be the Reviewing Officer for the ceremonial Passing Out Parade of the 140th batch of the National Defence Academy (NDA), which will be held on Saturday when over 300 cadets will pass out of the academy after three years of rigorous training.
- Every year, two batches of cadets pass out from India’s premier tri-services military academy which based at Khadakwasla in Pune to continue with the one more year of pre-commissioning training at the academies of their respective forces –– Indian Military Academy in Dehradun for Army, Air Force Academy in Dundigal and and Indian Naval Academy in Ezhimala.
- Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar launched Directorate General National Cadet Corps (NCC) Mobile Training App Version 2.0 in New Delhi on May 28, 2021.
1• External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar met US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan during which they held wide-ranging discussions and agreed that people-to-people ties and shared values are the foundation of the US-India strategic partnership that is helping to end the pandemic.
2• The rising number of COVID-19 cases in India and the vaccine shortage that has emerged from that tops the list of issues to be discussed between External Affairs Minister of India S Jaishankar and his US counterpart Antony Blinken during the meeting in the US.
- In a humanitarian gesture in these testing times, Iran on Friday sent as many as 300 oxygen concentrators to India to be used in its fight against a runaway second COVID-19 wave.
4• In view of the ongoing standoff between India and China along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, the Indian Army is planning to lease Israel’s Heron TP drones . These drones – Heron will be deployed along the LAC to keep a watch on the Chinese troops and their activities.
5• Indian Red Cross Society will soon receive OxyTruck mobile oxygen filling stations, produced by Collins Aerospace unit in Lübeck, Germany.
6• India was among 14 countries that abstained from voting on a resolution at the UN Human Rights Council to launch an investigation into alleged violations and crimes during the 11-day conflict between Israel and Hamas in Gaza.
7• Suspension of international flights extended till next month! The COVID-19 pandemic-induced suspension of scheduled international passenger flight services has been extended till 30 June 2021. The announcement was made by the aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on Friday.
- Azerbaijan has accused the Armenia’s Army for firing on border today. One Azeri soldier was reportedly injured in the incident.
- The World Health Organization, WHO, has said that 20 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine are needed in African countries within six weeks to make sure second doses can be administered within the recommended time frame
- Every year since 1998, Pakistan has celebrated May 28 as Youm-e-Takbeer (the day of greatness). The occasion marks the anniversary of the first nuclear weapon tests conducted by Pakistan on May 28, 1998, at the Chagai hills in Balochistan.
- The open threat by China to Bangladesh reveals China’s growing insecurity with the Quad . (Here: The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (Quad) of four countries, Japan, the US, Australia and India, was formed in 2007 with the initiative coming from Japanese PM Shinzo Abe. … The aim of the Quad is to support a “free, open and prosperous” Indo-Pacific region that China seeks to threaten) China, which had once dismissed the Quad as just a froth in the ocean, is now intimidating Bangladesh against joining the Quad .
- French President Emmanuel Macron has asked Rwandans to forgive France for its role in the 1994 Rwandan genocide, in which about 800,000 ethnic Tutsis and moderate Hutus died.
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day is observed every year on May 28. The day is marked across the globe to address societal stigma and to raise awareness on maintaining menstrual hygiene.
- Hong Kong mountaineer, Tsang Yin-hung, recorded “world’s fastest ascent of Everest by a woman” in just 26 hours. The highest mountain above sea level, in world, is located in Mahalangur Himal sub-range of Himalayas. China–Nepal border runs across its summit point. Its snow height is of 8,848.86 m recorded.
- Defending champion Amit Panghal punched his way into the men’s 52kg final at the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships after outpunching Kazakhstan’s Saken Bibossinov in the last-4 clash in Dubai on Friday. He enters the Finals.
- India is now assured of at least six silver medals with four women already making their way into the finals earlier on Thursday at the prestigious event which is jointly hosted by the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) and UAE Boxing Federation. With 15 medals confirmed, Indian contingent also achieved their highest medal haul, surpassing the previous best of 13 (2 gold, 4 silver and 7 bronze) from the 2019 edition in Bangkok.
- The event has witnessed the presence of 150 boxers from 17 countries including strong boxing nations such as India, Uzbekistan, Philippines and Kazakhstan.
- Reigning Olympic champion shuttler Carolina Marin on Friday suffered a freak knee injury during training, leaving her doubtful for the Tokyo Games, which starts on July 23.
$USD 72.39 💷GBP 102.73
In Trivendrum (Kerala)
🥇Gold ₹49,860©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹72,300©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 95.66
⛽ Diesel ₹ 90.93
LPG : ₹ 818.50/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 51,115.22
NIFTY : 15,435.65
Facts about India
Thiruvananthapuram, earlier known as Trivandrum, is the capital city of Kerala. The name literally splits into ” Tiru”,”Anantha””puram” meaning “the town of Lord ANANTHA”. This is really true since the temple is at the heart of the town and for generations, the kings have called themselves “Padmanabha-Dasa” or the “servants of LORD Ananthapadmanabha”, and ruled the state as the representatives of LORD Anantha-Padmanabha.
The town has a history of supporting fine art and culture. The Kings of Tiruvancore (Thirunals as they are known) have not only promoted art but have themselves been accomplished artists. The most famous of them are Swathi Tirunal who is a well known composer in both Karnatak and Hindustani systems of music, and Raja Ravi Varma the internationally acclaimed painter, well known for inventing paints using natural materials.
😀Thought of the day
We need Strength while doing the Possible,
but we need Faith while doing the Impossible.
Joke of the day
Patient👨🏽🦽 : Ye phulo ki mala💐 kis k liye?
Doctor 👨🏻🔬: Ye mera pehla operation hai, success hua to mere liye, nahi to tumhare liye.😂
why we can see one side of moon
Only one side of the Moon is visible from Earth because the Moon rotates on its axis at the same rate that the Moon orbits the Earth – a situation known as synchronous rotation, or tidal locking. The Moon is directly illuminated by the Sun, and the cyclically varying viewing conditions cause the lunar phases.
Sanatana, सनातन: means Eternal
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
A lunar eclipse takes place when the Earth comes between the sun and the moon. The Earth’s shadow blocks some or all of the sun’s light from reaching the moon during the process.There are three types of a lunar eclipse – a total lunar eclipse, partial lunar eclipse and penumbral lunar eclipse
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
There are four Vedas:
the Samaveda and
Each Veda has four subdivisions – the Samhitas (mantras and benedictions), the Aranyakas (text on rituals, ceremonies, sacrifices and symbolic-sacrifices), the Brahmanas (commentaries on rituals, ceremonies and sacrifices), and the Upanishads (texts discussing meditation, philosophy and spiritual knowledge). Some scholars add a fifth category – the Upasanas (worship). The texts of the Upanishads discuss ideas akin to the heterodox sramana-traditions.
Vedas are śruti (“what is heard”), distinguishing them from other religious texts, which are called smṛti (“what is remembered”).
🤔 How …….. ⁉
WORKING PRINCIPLE OF A DVD PLAYER? 💿📀
The DVD ( Digital Video Disc or Digital Versatile Disc) is a digital optical disc data storage format invented and developed in 1995.
DVD base layer made of a polycarbonate plastic. A thin layer of aluminum coating over the polycarbonate plastic. A clear protective acrylic coating over the aluminum layer.
The pits and bumps in the DVD are hit by the laser from the optical mechanism of the DVD player. This laser will be reflected differently according to the change of pits and bumps. Though the laser hits a single spot, the DVD moves in a circular motion so that the entire area is covered.
Red Laser shines onto a spinning DVD disc, reads the bumps (known as “pits”) in the reflection, converts it to 1s (Shiny) and 0s (Non-Shiny Pit), and the circuitry inside the player converts those 1s and 0s into sound and picture.
These reflected laser beams are then collected by a light sensor (eg. photo-detector) which converts the different signals into a binary code. In short, the optical system helps in converting the data from the DVD into a digital code. The binary signal is then sent to a Digital to Analog converter which will be setup in the PCB (Printed Circuit Board). Thus the corresponding analog signal of the DVD is obtained. The PCB also has amplifiers which amplify the signal and then sends it to the graphic and audio systems of the computer/TV. Thus, the corresponding audio/video signal is obtained.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Lemon : Drinking warm water and honey with a bit of fresh lemon juice in the morning helps to regulate metabolism and thereby lose weight.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ….✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼