- For the first time the Congress has vetoed Donald Trumps Defence Bill.
- India has sought action for the attack on a Hindu temple in Pakistan.
- Prime Minister Imran Khan says it wants to learn from China’s development model.
- Over 50 countries have started Coronavirus vaccination campaigns.
- After 48 years UK exits the European Union’s orbit.
- The Union Health Ministry informs that all the passengers from UK will be tested for Covid-19 on their arrival between Jan 8 and 30.
- India has allowed the import and export of Coronavirus vaccines without any limit in its value.
- The Coronavirus case load in India drops to 2.54 lakhs after 179 days.
- Farmer Unions inform that they will be conduct a tractor rally parallel to the Republic Day parade.
- Sri Lanka has called for joint patrols with India to resolve the fishing issues with India.
- ₹40 crore fine imposed on Reliance Industries by SEBI over manipulative trade practices.
- Delhi High Court has held that the opinion of the doctors of armed forces will prevail on the question of physical fitness of candidates.
- The Delhi High Court has held that “unconscious possession of arms will not attract arms act.”
- A PIL was filed in the Delhi High Court alleging the unauthorised usage, access and storage of Aadhar data by GooglePay.
- The Central Information Commission has observed that an RTI application cannot be rejected merely for not annexing proof of identity of the applicant.
- Prior Notice to District Magistrate Mandatory For Marriages Under Uttarakhand Freedom Of Religion Act: High Court Directs Strict Compliance.
- SC Order Extending Limitation Applies Only To First 30 Days For Filing Written Statement In Commercial Court Cases: Calcutta High Court.
- In an interesting judgment, the Madras High Court has permitted a man to keep the custody of an elephant even though he was not having the requisite transfer certificate under the Wildlife Protection Act to keep its possession.
- The Uttar Pradesh Government on 31st December transferred, along with 16 other IAS officers, Hathras District Magistrate Praveen Kumar Laxkar (who was allegedly responsible for past-midnight cremation of Hathras Rape Voctim) to Mirzapur in the same capacity: District
- CJI Bobde Sought Justice Ramana’s Response On Andhra CM Jagan’s Complaint : Report
- Triple Talaq- Relatives Of Husband Cannot Be Accused Of Offence Under Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act: Supreme Court
- Delhi High Court Directs AIIMS to Constitute A Medical Board For Examining 25 Weeks Foetus Abnormalities.