- Donald Trump has issued an emergency declaration for Bidens inauguration.
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan says there will be no talks with India unless Jammu and Kashmir is given the autonomous status.
- British Hindus seek Boris Johnson’s intervention in the Pakistan Temple attack.
- Pfizer’s partner BioNTech boosted the 2021 delivery target for their Covid-19 vaccine to 2 billion doses, up from 1.3 billion previously.
- Pope Francis changed church law on Monday to explicitly allow women to do more things during Mass, while continuing to affirm that they cannot be priest.
- Telangana CM announces that schools in the state to start from February 1.
- IMA said it would actively participate in the Covid-19 vaccination programme being rolled out by the government.
- India has reported 12,584 new coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours.
- Eleven people have died and at least seven have been hospitalised after consuming poisonous liquor in Madhya Pradesh’s Morena district.
- Delhi, Punjab and Haryana are expected to witness cold to severe cold day today.
- Delhi Police moves to Supreme Court saying, “Right to protest doesn’t include right to malign nation”.
- A spokesperson for the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights said that it was “deeply concerned” by Vietnam’s use of ill-defined laws to suppress media freedom.
- Uganda’s main opposition leader Bobi Wine, asked the International Criminal Court (ICC) to investigate president Yoweri Museveni, Security Minister Elly Tumwine, and eight other senior officials for sanctioning human rights abuses.
- UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights released a statement condemning the “deliberate distortion of facts” by American politicians, especially concerning the presidential election and allegations of voter fraud.
- A Pakistani judge on Thursday sentenced a Christian man to death for his Blasphemous talk.