- Corruption Is An Offence Against Society: Supreme Court Sets Aside Gujarat HC Judgment Acquitting An Accused.
2. Delhi Assembly Lacks Competence To Summon Facebook For Enquiry Into Delhi Riots : Datar In Supreme Court.
3. Supreme Court Directs NALSA To Collect Compliance Reports From States On Pending Applications Of Convicts Seeking Remission On Completion Of Sentence.
4. The Supreme Court has upheld the termination of Liberalized Active Retirement Scheme for Guaranteed Employment for Safety Staff (LARSGESS) for Railway Employees.
5. The Madras High Court, in an Official Memorandum issued on Monday (01st February), has allowed the Subordinate Courts (in the State of Tamil Nadu and UT of Puducherry) to work in full capacity (pre-COVID pandemic stage) w.e.f. 08.02.2021 without any restrictions/limitations in place.
6. The Supreme Court dismissed a plea to require the authorities to confirm efficacy of ‘Vehicular Masks’ in curbing air pollution and subsequently, make it mandatory for all vehicles to incorporate the device.
7. The Competition Commission of India has dismissed a complaint alleging abuse of dominant position by Google by integrating the Meet App into the Gmail App.
8. A metropolitan magistrate has issued summons to actor Kanagana Ranaut in the defamation case filed against her by veteran lyricist Javed Akhtar. The order was passed following an inquiry report by the Juhu police, which allegedly holds her prima facie responsible for defaming Akhtar.
9. The Karnataka High Court on Monday (01.02.21) directed the State Government to place on record details of action taken against participants/organisers for violating norms of social distancing and wearing of face masks during the Farmers protest rally held on January 26, in Bengaluru.
10. The Orissa High Court recently directed that a sum of Rupees five lakhs be paid by the State of Odisha to one Purna Chandra Mohapatra and his wife as compensation for the avoidable death of Manoj (their son), while in their custody, on account of their (police) negligence.
11. The Delhi High Court has refused to accept a PIL filed for the release of the prisoners detained illegally by Police.
12. 3 individuals have been arrested who were en route to meet the Hathras Gang rape victims family.
13. Karnataka High Court: Persons polluting the stream of justice deserve no mercy whatsoever.
14. The Competition Commission of India has dismissed a complaint alleging the abuse of dominance by BCI and held that, “Bar Council Of India Not An ‘Enterprise’.”
15. The Delhi High Court exempts personal presence of Prashant Bhushan in defamation proceedings for tweet against Indiabulls.
16. ‘Bail Is A Rule, Jail Is An Exception’ : Delhi Court Grants Bail To Journalist Mandeep Punia Arrested During Farmers Protest Coverage
17. Supreme Court Refuses To Stay Non-Bailable Warrant Issued By UP Court Against AAP MP Sanjay Singh In ‘Hate Speech’ Cases
18. “BSNL Occupying Land Unlawfully”- Cannot Expect Such A Conduct On Part Of Government Company: Allahabad High Court
19. Will Not Compensate Families Of Farmers Who Lost Lives During Protests: Centre Tells Lok Sabha
20. Shivamogga Blast : Karnataka High Court Seeks Govt Reply On Inquiry, Preventive Steps
21. Supreme Court Issues Notice On Plea Against Illegal Encroachments On Eco-Fragile Floodplains Of River Ganga In Patna
22. No Proposal To Make Central Anti Conversion Law To Curb Inter Faith Marriage: Centre In Lok Sabha
23. Rail Accident- Claim Can’t Be Denied On Account Of Boarding Wrong Train Mistakenly: Bombay High Court Directs Rly To Pay 8 Lakh To A Victim’s Mother
24. Ex-BARC CEO Partho Dasgupta Prima Facie “Mastermind” Of TRP Scam: Sessions Court Observes In Bail Order
25. Is ‘Cauvery Calling’ A State Project? Karnataka High Court Grants Last Chance For Govt To Make Statement
26. ‘Regularized An Illegal Act’: Kerala HC Quashes GO That Granted ‘Eligible Leave’ To Employees During Nationwide General Strike
27. Death Of Man In ‘Jana Gana Mana’ Video : Delhi High Court Asks Delhi Police To File Affidavit On Working Of CCTV Cameras
28. Delhi High Court Rejects PIL Seeking Release Of Persons “Illegally” Detained During Farmers’ Tractor Rally
29. Allahabad High Court Grants Bail To Murder Accused Incarcerated For 7 Yrs Without Production Of Any Evidence/ Witness Against Him
30. Burning Of Madina Masjid In Shiv Vihar During Delhi Riots- Delhi Court Directs Registration Of FIR
31. Prima Facie Bias Or Mala Fide Exercise Of Power By State Authorities Necessary For Transferring A Case To CBI: Calcutta High Court
32. Bar Council Of India Not An ‘Enterprise’: Competition Commission Dismisses Complaint Alleging Abuse Of Dominance By BCI
33. ‘Students May Take LSAT Early & Secure Admission To Law School Before Writing Board Exams’: Jindal Global Law School Begins Admissions For Year 2021-2
34. Sex On Promise Of Marriage After Concealing Identity: Delhi High Court Refuses To Quash FIR Though Victim Decides to Stay With Accused As His Wife
35. ‘He Has Always Stood For The Cause Of Advocates’: Bar Council Of Punjab & Haryana Stays HCBA Resolution To Remove AG Atul Nanda As Member
36. UP Govt. Agrees Before Allahabad High Court To Permit 3 Persons Arrested With Siddique Kappan On Way To Hathras To Meet Lawyers In Jail
37. Court Cannot Break Open The Seal Of “Sealed Cover CBI Reports” In Front Of Parties Without Returning Final Or Prima Facie Contentious Issues: Meghalay