11 Mar (Friday)
Shishir Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Phalguna 23, (Purnimata)/ Phalguna 09 (Amanta) Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Nakshatra : Mrigashirsha (up to 2:35 pm) Ardra
RahuKaal :11:08AM – 12:37PM. GK TODAY : https://youtu.be/UKiu8asKGGM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- 2022 Assembly Elections Result : BJP retains power in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Manipur and is emerging as single largest party in Goa. Aam Aadmi Party is wresting power from incumbent Congress party in Punjab. UTTAR PRADESH
(202 seats to win)
(59 seats to win)
(36 seats to win)
(31 seats to win)
(21 seats to win)
- National Medical Commission (NMC) has removed the upper age limit for appearing in the medical undergraduate entrance exam–NEET-UG examination. In a letter addressed to the National Testing Agency (NTA), the Commission asked the agency to remove the maximum age criteria from the information bulletin of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) Undergraduate (UG) examination.
- Earlier, the age limit was 25 years for general category candidates and 30 years in the case of reserved category candidates.
- PM Modi reviews COVID-19 situation and vaccination drive across the country; Lauds Healthcare workers for ensuring stellar vaccination campaign.
- The Union Health Ministry on Thursday said that the cumulative number of doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in India rose to over 179.69 crore. More than 14 lakh doses of coronavirus vaccines were administered till 7 pm, Over 2.10 crore booster doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered so far.
- India Railways Ministry has said, revised results of all pay levels to be declared by the first week of next month. It said, second stage computer based test for pay level 6 to be held in May this year and second stage test for other pay level to be conducted after a reasonable gap. The Ministry added that computer based test for level one is planned to be held tentatively from July this year.
- The Indian Railways announced on Thursday that they are resuming the services of providing linen, blankets and curtains inside trains, after nearly two years. In an order issued to general managers of all railway zones,
- ANDHRA PRADESH : The trust board of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) has accorded permission for initiating disciplinary proceedings against 17 retired employees, including then deputy executive engineer I. Peddabi Reddy, for misusing house building loans (HBLs) granted to them.
- Goa : Three independent candidates extend support to BJP for formation of new govt.
- J&K : Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, one terrorist was gunned down by security forces in a gunfight that broke out between terrorists and security forces in Naina Batpora area of south Kashmir’s Pulwama district, operation underway, a police official said.
- KARNATAKA : minority college allows students in hijab to attend class: Mount Carmel College in Bengaluru has allowed pre-university students to attend class wearing the hijab along with uniform. This comes after the state government clarified to the Karnataka High Court that restrictions on religious attire won’t apply to private, minority-run institutions. “We can comfortably wear hijabs now…teachers…pre-university department had no objections,” a student said.
- PUNJAB : After AAP won 92 of 117 seats in Punjab Assembly election, PM Narendra Modi tweeted, “I would like to congratulate AAP for their victory in the Punjab elections. I assure all possible support from the Centre for Punjab’s welfare.” AAP’s CM candidate Bhagwant Mann said he’ll take the oath of office in freedom fighter Bhagat Singh’s ancestral village Khatkar Kalan.
- The Nationalist Congress Party President Sharad Pawar said that, AAP won in Punjab due to impact of farmers’ agitation in Delhi: Pawar
While reacting to Aam Aadmi Party crossing the majority mark in Punjab, he said, most of the farmers were in Delhi during the farmers’ agitation and that its impact on the polls was visible. He further said, “Punjab accepted AAP only because of the amenities provided in Delhi.”
- UTTAR PRADESH : CM Yogi Adityanath takes comfortable lead of more than 51,000 votes in Gorakhpur Urban constituency.
- Uttar Pradesh Deputy CM and BJP leader Keshav Prasad Maurya lost from the Sirathu Assembly seat on Thursday by 7,337 votes. Samajwadi Party’s Dr Pallavi Patel won from the constituency by securing over one lakh votes.
- UTTARAKHAND : BJP State Unit Chief Madan Kaushik declared winner from Haridwar.
- TAMIL NADU : CM MK Stalin inaugurates 3-day conference of district collectors and superintendents, says govt will give top priority to maintenance of law and order.
💷 GBP 99.90
BSE Sensex 55,464.39
NIFTY : 16,594.90
India, World Bank sign 125mn loan to support efforts to help poor & vulnerable groups access social protection services in West Bengal
The Supreme Court on 10 Mar sought response from the Centre on a plea of Malayalam news channel ‘MediaOne’ against the Kerala High Court order upholding the Centre’s decision to ban its telecast on security grounds.
- India marked a rare milestone in January, securing a $375 million order from the Philippines to supply three coastal defence batteries of BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles, along with training and support. The weapons are the product of an Indo-Russian joint venture, which takes on further significance in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. India remains dependent on Russia for arms transfers and abstained from condemning Russia’s aggression at the United Nations General Assembly. India faces an increasing dilemma when it comes to balancing between its defence interests and growing closeness to the West.
- US-INDIA DEFENCE RELATIONSHIP :
India and the United States held a bilateral 2+2 Inter-sessional meeting at the official level on 1 September 2021.There is an “incredible momentum” in the US-India defence relationship and the much awaited 2+2 dialogue between the two countries will take place in early April, a top Pentagon official has said during a Congressional hearing on the Indo-Pacifc region.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- OPERATION GANGA : An Indian Air Force (IAF) Special flight carrying with 119 Indians and 27 foreigners from Ukraine landed at Hindon Airbase from Romanian capital Bucharest on Thursday morning.
- Talking about the Russia-Ukraine war and India’s neutral stance on the conflict, PM Narendra Modi on Thursday said, “India’s several needs are connected to these countries.” He said that India has economic, security-related, education-related and political links with both Russia and Ukraine. India had earlier abstained from voting on a UNGA resolution against the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- South Korea, opposition candidate Yoon Suk Yeol, a conservative former top prosecutor has been elected as country’s new President. Yoon Suk Yeol defeated his ruling liberal party opponent Lee Jae-myung.
- BANGLADESH : Damaged temples, business houses to get Tk 45 lakh from PM’s Relief fund. PM Sheikh Hasina has asked Bangladesh authorities to provide monetary assistance to the temples, puja mandaps and business establishments of the Hindu community damaged in the attacks by fanatic mobs during the Durga Puja last year.
- Canada’s Ontario is set to lift its mandatory mask rule for most settings, including schools, from March 21 onwards, officials announced on Wednesday.
- Japan will give 100,000 yen (over ₹65,000) to support foreign exchange students who are facing financial trouble due to COVID-19, local media reported. The cash handout is reportedly aimed to aide people studying in Japanese universities, colleges and vocational schools.
- Polish President Andrzej Duda on Thursday said bombing of hospitals and housing estates in Ukraine by the Russian forces is barbaric. “There are pregnant women, there are children… you throw bombs, rockets at housing estates, this is barbarism bearing the features of genocide.” President Duda’s remarks came a day after Russian forces attacked a maternity hospital in Ukraine’s Mariupol.
ICC WOMENS WORLD CUP 2022
New Zealand Women vs India Women, 8th Match
New Zealand Women won by 62 runs
NZW – 260/9 (50)
INDW – 198 (46.4)
Player of the Match
(b) Mar 12, Sat
West Indies Women vs India Women
10th Match at Seddon Park, Hamilton
06:30 IST / 01:00 GMT
- 100% crowd to be allowed for India-Sri Lanka Day-Night Test in Bengaluru
The M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru will be allowed to have a 100% capacity crowd for the second India-Sri Lanka Test, confirmed Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA). Earlier, only 50% of the crowd was allowed due to COVID related restrictions. The second Test, beginning Saturday, will be a Day-Night Test. India lead the two-match series 1-0
Lt Governor : Tamilisai Soundararajan (addnl charge)
CM : N. Rangaswamy (AINRC)
Formation : 1 Nov 1954 (16 Aug 1962 as a UT)
Districts : 23
🥇 Gold ₹51,560@10 degm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹74,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 95.07
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.70
⛽ Autogas₹ 35.47
LPG : ₹912/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
PUDUCHERRY : The original name of the territory, Putucceri, is derived from the Tamil words putu (“new”) and ceri (“village”). The French made this to Pondichéry (English: Pondicherry), by which it was called until its name was officially changed to Puducherry in 2006.
In 1674 the Governor of “La Compagnie française des Indes orientales” (French East India Company) François Martin, set up a trading centre at Pondicherry and this outpost eventually became the chief French settlement in India.
😀 Thought of the day
SMILE IS NOT A WORD, BUT BEAUTIFUL SENTENCE
JOKE OF THE DAY
Frnd : Aaj TV pe 30 feet ka saap dikhane wale hi.
Pappu : Acha
Par mai nhi dekh pawunga.
Frnd : kyu
Pappu : Mera TV to 21 inch ka hi hai
WHY DANDRUFF CAUSES..?
Dandruff may have several causes and differ from person to person, while the most common causes are
Irritated and oily skin
Not maintaining clean hygiene and not shampooing enough, as it causes skin cells to accumulate and create flakes and itching
A reaction of our immune system to a type of yeast that lives on the skin called a Malassezia globosa
Hormonal issues may be involved because dandruff is most found after puberty in young adults
Sensitivity to hair care products (contact dermatitis)
Other skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema
अकर्तव्यं न कर्तव्यं प्राणैः कण्ठगतैरपि ।
कर्तव्यमेव कर्तव्यं प्राणैः कण्ठगतैरपि ॥ –
akartavyaṃ na kartavyaṃ prāṇaiḥ kaṇṭhagatairapi ।
kartavyamēva kartavyaṃ prāṇaiḥ kaṇṭhagatairapi ॥
Meaning : Whatever is not right to be done, must never be done even on pain of death; and what is right to do, must be done even if one should die for the same.
भावार्थ : जो कार्य निषिद्ध है, उसे प्राण कण्ठगत (मृत्यु संकट उपस्थित होने की स्थिति) पर भी नहीं करना चाहिये। जो कर्तव्य है, उसे अपने प्राण की परवाह न करते हुये भी अवश्य करना चाहिये
आलिन्द: रम्य: अस्ति।
Terrace is beautiful
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Preparation of Leather Cricket ball : A cricket ball is a hard, solid ball used to play cricket. A cricket ball consists of cork covered by 4 pieces of cow leather. This is sewn to make the seam. The white ball needs a lot of coating, which makes it heavier than the red and pink ball.
White balls came into existence solely based on visibility. When a match went on for longer durations, the red ball was less visible, as it became a little brownish in the yellow floodlights, which was difficult to spot on the pitch. Whereas, the white ball is more polished and visible in the dark.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
City of Golden Gate : San Francisco(U.S.A)
City of Seven Hills : Rome (Italy)
🤔What is Geneva Convention exactly❓
A series of treaties concluded in Geneva between 1864 and 1949 are together called Genva Convention and has the following objectives:
Immunity from capture and destruction of all establishments for the treatment of wounded and sick soldiers and their personnel
Impartial reception and treatment of all combatants,
Protection of civilians providing aid to the wounded, and
Recognition of the Red Cross symbol as a means of identifying persons and equipment covered by the agreement.
All major countries in the world – including India and Pakistan – are signatories of the Geneva convention which advocates the humane treatment of soldiers and/or civilians captured. While this is usually in times of declared war, and India and Pakistan are currently not in a state of war even if tensions are high, the third Geneva Convention states that it is applicable even during armed conflict.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Captain Amarinder Singh (born 11 March 1942) an Indian politician, military historian, former royal and former veteran who served as the 15th Chief Minister of Punjab. A former Member of the Legislative Assembly from Patiala, he was also the president of Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee, the state division of the Indian National Congress. He has also previously served as the Chief Minister of Punjab from 2002 to 2007. His father was the last Maharaja of the princely state of Patiala. He has also served in the Indian Army from 1963 to 1966. In 1980, he won a seat in the Lok Sabha for the first time. As of February 2021, Singh also serves as the chairman of the Punjab Urdu Academy. Captain Singh resigned as the Chief Minister of Punjab on 18 September 2021
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A penny saved is a penny earned
Money you save today you can spend later
Usually – Generally
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
A Yuga Cycle, it is a cyclic age (epoch) in Hindu cosmology. Each cycle lasts for 4,320,000 years (12,000 divine years) and repeats four yugas (world ages):
Krita (Satya) Yuga,
Dvapara Yuga, and
There are 71 Yuga Cycles in a manvantara (age of Manu) and 1,000 Yuga Cycles in a kalpa (day of Brahma).
अलसस्य कुतो विद्या अविद्यस्य कुतो धनम् ।
अधनस्य कुतो मित्रं अमित्रस्य कुतः सुखम् ॥
alasasya kuto vidyā, avidyasya kuto dhanam |
adhanasya kuto mitram, amitrasya kutaḥ sukham ||
then, No knowledge
then, No money
then, No friend
then, No joy 🙁
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Diabetes : Bilva leaves are known to effectively control blood sugar levels in one’s body. The juice from crushed Bilva leaves is rich in laxatives, which helps in producing the required insulin to control the sugar levels. Diarrhea: It is most effective in chronic diarrhea and ulcerative colitis.
Diabetes is a chronic illness wherein your blood sugar levels rise abnormally, affecting different organs of your body. Insufficient production of insulin is the main cause of diabetes.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼