Today’s top News
1. A five-member Congress panel on Tuesday submitted its assessment on the party’s losses in the just-concluded assembly elections to party chief Sonia Gandhi, and put forward several recommendations and suggestions to strengthen the organisation.
2. Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Tuesday gave his nod to a notification to fix the price in private hospitals treating COVID-19 patients . Taking cognisance of the exorbitant fees charged by private hospitals to treat Corona patients.
3. Guwahati Jail becomes first jail of Assam to administer 1st dose of COVID vaccination to all inmates.
4. Home ministry issues notice to Alapan Bandyopadhyay under Disaster Management Act : The row between the Centre and the West Bengal government intensified after the Union home ministry served a show-cause notice to the state’s former chief secretary Alapan Bandyopadhyay under a stringent provision of the Disaster Management Act that entails imprisonment up to two years. The officer has been asked to reply within three days to the notice.
5. Bandyopadhyay, a 1987-batch IAS officer who was due to retire on May 31, was given an extension of three months and days later asked to report at the Centre. However, Banerjee announced his retirement on Monday and appointed him as the chief advisor to the state government. According to Section 51 (b), whosoever refuses to comply with any direction given by or on behalf of the central government or the state government or the National Executive Committee or the State Executive Committee or the District Authority under this Act, shall on conviction be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine, or with both.
6. The Bombay high court on Tuesday directed a private hospital in Mumbai not to discharge Hany Babu, a Delhi University associate professor arrested in the Elgar Parishad-Maoist links case, till June 3.
7. The Jammu and Kashmir Police on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against senior PDP leader Waheed-ur-Rehman Parra in a case related to the alleged nexus between politicians and terror groups in the union territory.
8. AP Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy instructed officials to initiate measures for the completion of Rs 15,743 crore Agri Infra Fund projects in the stipulated period. The government has recently allocated Rs 31,256.55 crore in the budget for various agri-related schemes.
9. Senior Advocate Mahesh Jethmalani has been nominated to the Rajya Sabha. He is the son of a renowned lawyer Ram Jethmalani who was also a Rajya Sabha member. Besides, Mahesh Jethmalani, President Ram Nath Kovind nominated Swapan Dasgupta. He had resigned from the Upper House in March this year after the BJP fielded him as a candidate in the West Bengal Assembly elections. He has been renominated to the Rajya Sabha. The nominated members are drawn from fields such as arts, literature, science, sports and social service.
10. Director General of Indian Council of Medical Research Prof. Balram Bhargava expresses hope that entire population of country will be vaccinated by end of December.
11. The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations on Tuesday decided to cancel Class 12 board examinations this year in view of the COVID-19 situation, It was decided that the CBSE will take steps to compile the results of Class 12 students as per a well-defined objective criteria in a time-bound manner.
12. Tamil Nadu’s Director of Elementary Education said on Tuesday that students of Class 1 to 8 in all schools under the state board have been promoted for the academic year 2020-21.
13• Two Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) were defused in Awantipora’s Panzgam and Saimoh Tral in Pulwama district of Kashmir on Monday. the police and security forces spotted the second IED in an orchard.
14. Lt Gen Ajai Singh takes over as 16th Commander-in-Chief, Andaman & Nicobar command of the Armed Forces, based at Port Blair. A fifth generation Army as well as Cavalry/Armoured Corps officer, with family service of over 162 years since September 13, 1858, Lt Gen Ajai Singh is an alumnus of The Lawrence School, Sanawar and NDA & IMA.
15• Lieutenant General Pradeep Chandran Nair on Tuesday took over as the Director General of Assam Rifles , India’s oldest paramilitary force. Assam Rifles provides security to the northeastern region and has a diversified role ranging from security to providing welfare.
16• Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), and Nausena Medal (NM) holder, assumed charge as the Deputy Chief of Naval Staff . According to the Defence Ministry, he was commissioned into the Indian Navy on July 1, 1983.
1. China has started sharing hydrological data on Brahmaputra and Sutlej rivers, an annual exercise of giving information on these two water bodies to India . India and China have signed an agreement under which Beijing shares hydrological data with New Delhi.
2. The Brahmaputra originates from Tibet and flows into Arunachal Pradesh and Assam and later drains into the Bay of Bengal through Bangladesh.
3• Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, in a telephonic conversation with his Australian counterpart, Peter Dutton, reviewed the defence cooperation between the two countries against the backdrop of the current situation.
4. India, Russia to hold Indra-2021 drills in August in southern Russia : Indra-2021, the Indian-Russian joint drills of 500 armed forces servicemen of each country will run on August 1-15 this year at the Prudboi practice range in the Volgograd Region in southern Russia.
5. Ahead of the BRICS Foreign Ministers’ meeting, China said on Tuesday that it looks forward to exchanging views, coordinating positions and building up consensus with other members of the five-member bloc on the most urgent issues of common concern.
6. The biggest tranche yet of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine of nearly 3 million doses landed in Telangana from Russia early on Tuesday.
1. Pakistan Develops Anti-Covid Vaccine ‘PakVac’ with Help of China.
2. A large number of Rohingya refugees relocated at the newly emerged island of Bhashan Char protested against their living conditions at the facility before the visiting team of UNHCR officials. The UNHCR also expressed deep concern over the incident in which refugees were injured at the Bhashan Char island.
3. More Afghans and their families to be allowed to settle in UK: Plans to rapidly relocate hundreds more Afghans who worked for the British military and UK government, mostly as interpreters, have been announced. It includes family members, more than 3,000 Afghans are expected to be allowed to settle in the UK, joining 1,300 who have already done so. The decision comes amidst fears for their safety as international troops prepare to leave the country.
4. UK in early stages of third wave of COVID19 There are signs the UK is in the early stages of a third wave of coronavirus infections. This is according to a scientist advising the government. Prof Ravi Gupta, from the University of Cambridge.
5. China has reported the world’s first case of a human infected with H10N3 avian influenza in its eastern province of Jiangsu.
1. Asian Boxing Championship. *Indian heavyweight boxer Sanjeet bagged Gold in mens 91 kg and Pooja Rani had clinched the first gold in the women’s 75kg. Indian contingent concluded its successful campaign with an unprecedented 15 medals, including two gold, five silver and eight bronze medals.
2. In Equestrian, expert horse rider Fouaad Mirza, the first Indian to qualify for Olympic Games in 20 years, has completed the minimum eligibility requirement to compete in the Olympics Games’ eventing discipline. At the 2018 Asian Games, Mirza had won silver in individual eventing and scored 34 points on his first-choice horse, Fernhill Facetime, and 30 with his second horse, Toughingwood.
3. The International Cricket Council has given BCCI time till June 28 to take a call on whether it would host the marquee T20 World Cup in India amid the threat posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. The ICC Board met virtually on Tuesday with India being represented by BCCI president Sourav Ganguly and secretary Jay Shah. The T20 World Cup is due in October-November this year.
4. *ICC Board confirmed the schedule of ICC events from 2024-2031* with both the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup and ICC Men’s T20 World Cup to be expanded and a Men’s Champions Trophy to be re-introduced. The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will become a 14 team, 54 match event in 2027 and 2031
$USD 72.87 💷GBP 103.19
🥇Gold ₹50,785©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹72,600©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 94.50
⛽ Diesel ₹ 88.23
LPG : ₹ 835.10/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 51,934.88
NIFTY : 15,574.85
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
The state of Telangana was officially formed on 2 June 2014 and 29th youngest state of India. Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao was elected as the first chief minister of Telangana. On November 1, 1956, Telangana merged with the State of Andhra, carved out of erstwhile Madras, to form Andhra Pradesh, a united state for the Telugu-speaking populace. … But the push intensified in 2001, when K. Chandrasekara Rao floated the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) to revive Telangana movement
😀Thought of the day
Have faith in yourself – all power is in you. Even the poison of a snake is powerless, if you can firmly deny it.”
Joke of the day
Master : मैन तुजे कुत्ते पे🦮 essay लिख ने को कहा था क्यो नही लिख था ? Pappu : क्या करूँ master जी , मैं कभी बी कुत्ते 🦮 पे Pen🖋️ रखता वो भगजता—– 🙈🤪🤣
Why school buses are yellow in colour 🚌
Even when you are looking straight ahead, you can see a yellow object that is not in front of you “in the corners of your eyes” much sooner than any other color even red. Scientists describe this as follows: “Lateral peripheral vision for detecting yellows is 1.24 times greater than for red. Yellow is more visible to the human eye under dimmer conditions also. That’s why the school bus is painted with yellow so that the possibility of accidents on the highway will be less and children can reach their home safely.🚍🚌
अवलंब : जिस पर कोई दूसरी चीज़ खड़ी या टिकी रहती हो
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
A day on the Moon is 27.32 Earth days or 655.72 hours long
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Lord shiva have moon on his head bcoz:
According to Shiva Purana: MOON God marries 27 daughters of Daksha, in which he moon spends most of his time with Rohini Daksha becomes angry on his Son-in-law for neglecting his other daughters, so cursed the Moon, that his body would perish. Fearing he would cease to exist, Chandra rushed to Lord Shiva for help to protect him from Daksha’s curse. To save Chandra from perishing, Lord Shiva asked him to take refuge in his locks . Hence Shiva is also known as Chandrashekhar . The Lord is also known as Somnath (or protector of Som). The moon wanes and waxes time and again owing to Daksha’s curse and Shiva’s blessings.
🤔 How …….. ⁉
How do we measure the distances to things in space?
Astronomers estimate the distance of nearby objects in space by using a method called stellar parallax, or trigonometric parallax. Simply put, they measure a star’s apparent movement against the background of more distant stars as Earth revolves around the sun.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Amla contains a high amount of vitamin C which can help boost immunity. It is also good for your skin and hair. This fruit can help control blood sugar levels, boost eye health, improve digestion and aid in weight loss. It can also be used as a remedy for heartburn.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ….✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼